Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313679 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295515 May 10, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And make them the shower room attendants.
Lol ..And not really funny but I think punishment should fit crime..he held those girls for 10 years and did GOD knows what..And the brothers had to know. Well hope they can keep this stuff from being prejudiced. So no chance for defense to use excuses.

Did they convict Eliz Smarts abductors..Can't remember..this stuff takes a long time..all these victims need prayers
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295516 May 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, just an FYI. The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term.
What you describe above is abortion. Pregnancies are aborted, not fetuses. We say "aborting fetuses" (and i just did by repeating someone else's example), but it's not accurate.
One of the problems in this particular thread is that few on opposite sides of the aisle talk the same language or use the same definitions for the same words.
That contributes to the confusion as well.
Hmmmm ok. Well I will stick with using emergency surgery.Or procedure to deliver dead baby from natural causes!!!

.I have been dinged by only a couple on both sides as they cannot understand what I mean

So lol I keep repeating myself..But get what you mean..Goes back to a previous post about life in the sixties ..That word abortion was not in most vocabularies..so fir me it means elective abortion..as in your purpose is to end the pregnancy..not to try and save a life in utero that may not be possible..whew..Hope. that is clear..to all..(I know you and others understand)
worships reality

AOL

#295517 May 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to live down. She misspoke and admitted it back then. You continually brining it up says more about you than about a person that made a VERY simple mistake.
It says you got nothing but your impotent venom, and a persistant need to vent your spleen. ROFLMAO You may consider her a clown, but the bulk of us consider you a joke. LOL!
sorry but what she did was a lot more than a simple misspeak. she attempted to demean another poster's intelligence by calling her a 3rd grade drop out and then telling her she would school her on proper punctuation, and then demonstrated she didn't know basic punctuation herself.
and contray to your claim that she admitted it, she did not. she tried to cover her stupidity by saying that she didn't have her glasses and thought it was a semi colon. yet if that were the case then why did she proceed to define it as a colon?
she didn't misspeak. she didn't know the difference.
and she was going to lecture someone else.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295518 May 10, 2013
Hey well at least I got back to South Florida. Closer than Ireland..weird site

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#295519 May 10, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Alright,,, by your logic then...
A woman is raped! Why should the life she is carrying be any less deserving of the life of a 'baby/fetus/whatever you want to call it/ that is planned. Is it the fault of the life inside her? No. So to those who state reasons why it's okay, are a bit hypocritical. Choice is choice regardless. Pro life is pro life regardless. Stipulations are hypocritical. So please, by your logic, you are not pro-life, and don't have the 'right' to say you're OPPOSED to abortion because of your 'it's okay if...', it's quite obvious that you're not.
Those that know me, know my stance. Reasons/justifications lead to the same result.
Good Evening "Rach!"

As you're so wont to do,(as far as I've "known" you,) you've once again managed to undermine your reputation as a mere "troll" here and provided yet another interesting, thoughtful, post for us to consider.

"What is this all Ah-Boot eh?!?!"

Good to "see" you again my friend!

;P
worships reality

AOL

#295520 May 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way we can support one's right to free speech without supporting the speech itself, AND supporting restrictions TO and ON that free speech.
Its not as difficult a concept as idiots like you try to pretend it is.
restrictions on free speech are necessary because unresticted free speech is a potential threat to the rights of others. no such threat exists when it comes to a woman's pregnancy. post viability it is still her pregnancy, still her body and still her private medical decision, and the fetus she carries possesses no rights, just as it possessed no rights pre viability. your analogy does not work.
worships reality

AOL

#295521 May 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saving this one for later. For when you do claim restrictions provide fetuses with limited rights. Because we all know you've posted that in the past. And I know you will do so again.
But I'm not wasting time running a wild goose chase just because you snapped your fingers.
i've never posted that restrictions provide fetuses with limited rights. never. you're a stinkin liar.
worships reality

AOL

#295522 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? Mixing up a colon and semi-colon is a debacle to you? One that can't be lived down?
Yet you seem to have no clue that the first word of a sentence is supposed to be capitalized. Are you simply too lazy to press the shift key? Or they don't teach proper capitalization in fundie schools?
yep, just too lazy. but then again i've never claimed i was going to school someone on proper punctuation and then proceed to humiliate myself when i demonstarte i don't know basic punctuation myself.
how utterly embarrassing. yet it hasn't stopped her from comimg back and calling others stupid or uneducated. what a set of stones.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#295523 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't recognize your name but I think I am the former Catholic you meant..what was the name of the girl who had had the abortion. I keep thinking it was Karen..real name..keep asking but no one remembers??
Greetings "Rose."

No, you're not the "former Catholic" of whom I spoke.

I have followed some of your conversations on-and-off with the others for a little while now with some interest.

From what I've seen, I can't say that you or I will ever see "eye-to-eye" on the matter of abortion but, from what I've witnessed thus far, you're thoughtful, considerate poster who's posts are most definitely worthy of a similar response...

Best...JK!
worships reality

AOL

#295524 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Worships stupidity wrote, "mixing up colons and semi-colons is a debacle!!"
Let me school you a little, okay? When you press the shift key the first letter of the word at the beginning of a sentence becomes capitalized. A little *a* will become a big A! See how easy!
when you quote someone you better get it right. i never said that mixing up a colon and semi colon was a debacle. liar.
worships reality

AOL

#295525 May 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO! Thanks for the morning debacle!
let's not forget your idiocy regarding the charges against tiller being thrown out for lack of evidence. not quite the debacle by bit-o-stupid, but still worthy of honorable mention.
trying to pretend that one never happened?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295526 May 10, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings "Rose."
No, you're not the "former Catholic" of whom I spoke.
I have followed some of your conversations on-and-off with the others for a little while now with some interest.
From what I've seen, I can't say that you or I will ever see "eye-to-eye" on the matter of abortion but, from what I've witnessed thus far, you're thoughtful, considerate poster who's posts are most definitely worthy of a similar response...
Best...JK!
You also. The poster I was talking about. Was about 2 years ago. I just hot back on
worships reality

AOL

#295527 May 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, you can. until you have proven an action is illegal, it isn't. You have no authority to say otherwise.
<quoted text>
no you can't. the activities with which tiller was charged were unquestionably illegal. the prosecution simply did not prove his guilt of those charges beyond a reasonable doubt. does not mean you can say definitively that he is innocent.

you ignored the oj question too. typical. you're ignorant.
Gtown71

United States

#295528 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll to be clear which I really try for both sides on this..SOMETIMES A MOM GETS IN TROUBLE..GOES TO A HOSPITAL (not a clinic) they try to save mom and baby.by delivery usually,,.Sometimes it does not work for one or the other or both..that is to me not an abortion...
And sometimes tragically the baby in the womb is dead..They have to get it out. Period..I imagine by pitocin. But if they have to do an emergency surgery to get it out they will...Period.
I know you know what I mean by I HAVE GOTTEN ARGUMENTS ON IT. SOOO. I wanted to make it clear AGAIN.:)
Yes I feel the same way. There IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE, in something going wrong and a choice between.mom and baby, and taking a dead baby out of a woman, and willingly, knowingly having someone kill and then remove an otherwise healthy baby, for pretty much any reason.

Abortion is tough not only on the baby, but the woman having it done, and those working in the industry.

Many try and act like abortion never bothered them, but we know through statistics that's not the normal case.
Gtown71

United States

#295529 May 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about son? I've been out since the 70's, society has never treated me poorly thankfully. Idiots like you have TRIED to, but you fail consistantly.
I've never said that Westboro SHOULDN'T be allowed their freedom of speech, however even THAT comes with restrictions son. Funny how you ignore that.
I absolutely defend your right to make an ass of yourself, and to be as stupid and twisted as the Westboro clan. And you're doing a VERY good job of it too!
Nobody's trying to shut you up, however we ARE trying to teach you that there IS a time to shut YOURSELF up. You seem determined to do as much damage to yourself, your credibility and your version of faith as you can.
More power to you fool.
Thanks mom :)
it may shock you that I know gay men and a lesbian couple. I treat them No different then anyone else. We are not close, but I would go fishing with any of them. I also wasn't referring to the 70's, perhaps 1870?

I don't think westboro has a clue, but it's amazing how many people you can get riled up in the name of religion.

Remember paul was saul before he was paul, and those guys flying the planes on 911 were sold out to their god.

Even Gosnell was an abortionist, doing what they do. Had a WOMAN not died, he would prob be still chopping up them thar babies.

They all payed.
He lived well, I'm sure :)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#295530 May 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesn't follow what is federally allowed; physician, clinical or hospital setting, etc. wonder if he will be charged with illegal abortions on top of the other charges.
Think he and Gosnell have anything in common... like mental state?
What you mean what is federally allowed?

Location hidden

#295531 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I think they should be sent to prison but not allowed to wear any pants or underwear.
LOL

Location hidden

#295532 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO he was killing born babies and mutilating moms..some kind of serial killer on top of being greedy. He may have started out as an abortionist..the later and later term babies and moms to mess with..all that blood..all those body parts..He KNEW IT WAS WRONG..BUT something is wrong upstairs too..he was legally sane though.
Imagine giving Jeffrey Daumer a paediatric surgery practice with no oversights!! Year after year..First maybe just careless but after I think he loved his job..IMO
The other one is a pervert first..then a murderer. OF THE WONENS AND HIS BABY'S... But they will try to make him out as crazy.
Both pure evil
Yeah i just don't get it Rose. Hopefully he'll live long enough to do therapy and interviews. There are only so many categories murderers fall under, like sociopath, psychopath, sadistic, serial. Which one is he? Maybe a whole new breed.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295533 May 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah i just don't get it Rose. Hopefully he'll live long enough to do therapy and interviews. There are only so many categories murderers fall under, like sociopath, psychopath, sadistic, serial. Which one is he? Maybe a whole new breed.
Your kissing I hope on the therapy and interviews.. just by letting the defends claim he was a poor persecuted black man doing good tot the poor..ad know what those interviews eojkd be like. Hope his prison sentence is in dome nasty place. NO AMENITIES..z and he meets up with relatives of those mutilated women..
Or in a super Max!!!
worships reality

AOL

#295534 May 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saving this one for later. For when you do claim restrictions provide fetuses with limited rights. Because we all know you've posted that in the past. And I know you will do so again.
But I'm not wasting time running a wild goose chase just because you snapped your fingers.
by the way who snapped their fingers? who asked you to run a wild goose chase? do you make a habit of seeing things that aren't there? you asked me a direct question, i answered you honestly. you responded with dishonesty. what's wrong with you lady?
you're not only a liar. you're delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Homer 1,509,623
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Community Disorga... 63,574
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 1 hr Vaneisha 85
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,275
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr tellinitlikeitis 20,935
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
News 16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 19 hr Hypocrites 305

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages