Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,003
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Ireland

#295444 May 10, 2013
Hmmm. looks like now I am in Ireland. My how fast I fly..

Seriously. I can see how it gets ft laud from Miami location with my isp..Very close cities..

But Ireland from Seattle in an hour??? Wish I could teleport. Lol
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295446 May 10, 2013

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295447 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWWWWWWWWW. AWWWWWWWWWWWCmon. Lol
Actually if you didn't learn in the NY Catholic schools. You had to be thick..Not that you can tell by my posting..But those nuns made sure we knew our stuff..We diagrammed until we could do in our sleep..lots of state reagents exams.
Now Fla. not so much. But when I went to public high school English..I was learning stuff from seventh grade!!
I'm positive you're correct about the excellence of a Catholic School education, from having known a lot of kids who went to them. Holy Cow!! As instructors, it would seem, ya can't beat the nuns. Some of them are excellent teachers too...my cousin Anne still waxes rhapsodic to her daughters about Sister Deborah, and how much she loved that good lady.

But I digress...

What I meant to say, having used 'fundie' as an epithet, was that the Fundamentalist Christian schools in our area are not accredited institutions of learning....because they don't HAVE to be.

They graduate the 'dumber than dirt' contingent with regularity.
Perhaps they should start hiring nuns.

:)
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295448 May 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way we can support one's right to free speech without supporting the speech itself, AND supporting restrictions TO and ON that free speech.
Its not as difficult a concept as idiots like you try to pretend it is.
makes sense what do you think about the gosnell situation? do you think people should be making it a big deal?
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295449 May 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm positive you're correct about the excellence of a Catholic School education, from having known a lot of kids who went to them. Holy Cow!! As instructors, it would seem, ya can't beat the nuns. Some of them are excellent teachers too...my cousin Anne still waxes rhapsodic to her daughters about Sister Deborah, and how much she loved that good lady.
But I digress...
What I meant to say, having used 'fundie' as an epithet, was that the Fundamentalist Christian schools in our area are not accredited institutions of learning....because they don't HAVE to be.
do you look at all their grade cards? how do you know this to be a fact?
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295450 May 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
They are considering seeking the death penalty on this Ohio man that kidnapped those girls. Seems he got more than just the one pregnant and terminated those pregnancies by way of abuse and starvation. 5 of them.
scary that people can be kidnapped for a decade before anyone notices

scary

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#295451 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Anyone watching Grey or Scandal
I love/ hate end of season..the Lufthansa
Will Merediths baby be ok..who is the mole??
If there is a hanger..Will we remember why in September. Lol
Is Greys Anatomy still running? Wow, this is what happens when you work at night. Lol.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295452 May 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
They are considering seeking the death penalty on this Ohio man that kidnapped those girls. Seems he got more than just the one pregnant and terminated those pregnancies by way of abuse and starvation. 5 of them.
Well that doesn't follow what is federally allowed; physician, clinical or hospital setting, etc. wonder if he will be charged with illegal abortions on top of the other charges.

Think he and Gosnell have anything in common... like mental state?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295453 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Hmmm. looks like now I am in Ireland. My how fast I fly..
Seriously. I can see how it gets ft laud from Miami location with my isp..Very close cities..
But Ireland from Seattle in an hour??? Wish I could teleport. Lol
Well I was gonna offer to meet you at Starbucks, but you've already flown off. Must be a magic set of keys!
<chuckle>
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#295454 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the defensive Will use all the foetus not baby arguments to save hide..imo. hope he gets a creepy lawyer. But some fame hound will come out of the woodwork I bet to defend him.
Actually, if they chose, he can be charged with "Aggrivated Manslaughter".
It will not have to involve a debate over whether or not a fetus is a person, the laws have to do with terminating a pregnancy against the will of the pregnant woman.
(I saw laywers debating this on Piers Morgan last night)
rosesz

Ireland

#295455 May 10, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm positive you're correct about the excellence of a Catholic School education, from having known a lot of kids who went to them. Holy Cow!! As instructors, it would seem, ya can't beat the nuns. Some of them are excellent teachers too...my cousin Anne still waxes rhapsodic to her daughters about Sister Deborah, and how much she loved that good lady.
But I digress...
Not being argumentative.. But daughter went to christian one most of her school years..they had to be accredited by state ans some private accrediting agency too
Talked to a very good public school. the principal..was 5 grade..we were moving away from one area.....anyway what she said was if there was any way at all. Beg borrow steal to keep kid in private school esp for middle and high school..to pay for it as her education would be better and get her aid for college if I had to..she was a good student..this lady's grade school acted way up there..

Anyway. I AM SURE a lot is environmental. And class size is a biggie..Have opinions on that too. Lol..

But anyway she got an excellent education..Esp for Florida..she has 2 graduate degrees.
But she also knew school was her job..it gave me peace of mind while working long hours!!!!

But of course your state's may be different

Now here the big party school was one of the Catholic highs..But goes to show you parents can never rest easy!!!!
rosesz

Ireland

#295456 May 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I was gonna offer to meet you at Starbucks, but you've already flown off. Must be a magic set of keys!
<chuckle>
So strange strange..now they have my city in Ireland..Wish It was Italy. Could look up ancestors..And no passport either lol
rosesz

Ireland

#295457 May 10, 2013
CrabApple wrote:
<quoted text>
makes sense what do you think about the gosnell situation? do you think people should be making it a big deal?
He is a ghoul..Kept body parts of born and unborn babies..murdered on we woman at least and mutilated others. When he got sued for the mutilation. He just skipped the abortions..delivered the babies and slit their spinal cords..He is a huge deal. IMO worse than Hannibal Lecter.
rosesz

Ireland

#295458 May 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Is Greys Anatomy still running? Wow, this is what happens when you work at night. Lol.
Yes ..Check out On Demand for And.. First year they have episodes of primetime and free. BUT looks like they have the newest 5. So watch quick. CAN HAS had free series for year. Now the others have followed but on them. Can't fast forward..so quite a few to catch up on

SCANDAL IS WILD..keeps the heart racing . I have all of Revenge saved to watch all together..Easier to follow!! We get free dvr..
rosesz

Ireland

#295459 May 10, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if they chose, he can be charged with "Aggrivated Manslaughter".
It will not have to involve a debate over whether or not a fetus is a person, the laws have to do with terminating a pregnancy against the will of the pregnant woman.
(I saw laywers debating this on Piers Morgan last night)
Hope so but some lawyers will do anything for publicity..change of venue..he was crazy. Not a baby..blah blah blah.

The man should be starved himself!!!

Can you believe the state has to pay for 4 lawyers for that bomber..Should be in Guantanamo. Pay to feed him period..But if course they can't. Too bAd.... hates America so much..put him elsewhere

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295460 May 10, 2013
Yes, you can. until you have proven an action is illegal, it isn't. You have no authority to say otherwise.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no one disputed the concept of the assumption of innocence, stupid.
why clarify a point no one has argued?
the point was the supreme court also stated that the assumption of innocence was not proof of innocence.
tiller was found not guilty, which means the state did not, in the eyes of the jury, adequately prove its case. nothing more.
one cannot make a definitive statement that tiller did nothing illegal based on a not guilty verdict.
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295461 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a ghoul..Kept body parts of born and unborn babies..murdered on we woman at least and mutilated others. When he got sued for the mutilation. He just skipped the abortions..delivered the babies and slit their spinal cords..He is a huge deal. IMO worse than Hannibal Lecter.
I heard that there were some who lived and then were murdered I thought if they could live on there own they were supposed to have civil rights

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#295462 May 10, 2013
prolife87 wrote:
I'm very opposed to abortion. I think the only way it should be "legal" is in the case of rape or if the pregnancy poses a risk to the mother's health or the baby has a severe anomaly. If you are irresponsible to get knocked up then you should have to deal with the fall out of the pregnancy and if you don't want the baby adopt him/her out to someone who does.
52% of Americans think abortion should be legal in the States...let's change that: https://www.hubub.com/topic.php...
Alright,,, by your logic then...

A woman is raped! Why should the life she is carrying be any less deserving of the life of a 'baby/fetus/whatever you want to call it/ that is planned. Is it the fault of the life inside her? No. So to those who state reasons why it's okay, are a bit hypocritical. Choice is choice regardless. Pro life is pro life regardless. Stipulations are hypocritical. So please, by your logic, you are not pro-life, and don't have the 'right' to say you're OPPOSED to abortion because of your 'it's okay if...', it's quite obvious that you're not.

Those that know me, know my stance. Reasons/justifications lead to the same result.
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295463 May 10, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being argumentative.. But daughter went to christian one most of her school years..they had to be accredited by state ans some private accrediting agency too
Talked to a very good public school. the principal..was 5 grade..we were moving away from one area.....anyway what she said was if there was any way at all. Beg borrow steal to keep kid in private school esp for middle and high school..to pay for it as her education would be better and get her aid for college if I had to..she was a good student..this lady's grade school acted way up there..
Anyway. I AM SURE a lot is environmental. And class size is a biggie..Have opinions on that too. Lol..
But anyway she got an excellent education..Esp for Florida..she has 2 graduate degrees.
But she also knew school was her job..it gave me peace of mind while working long hours!!!!
But of course your state's may be different
Now here the big party school was one of the Catholic highs..But goes to show you parents can never rest easy!!!!
it depends on the schools, the kids, and the parents, I think
i've seen kids do well or bad in both situations
I think there will always be kids who do well or badly cause it depends on all those factors
but public schools really don't like losing numbers to private schools
i think that's why they put them down and recall only the students who did badly
but depending on the schools, kids, and parents each one can do well
biggest negative to public schools is all the politics that get involved there
some places try to do more than teach to educate
they try to throw political agenda in the classroom
politics belong in the adult world
our kids need to be allowed to just be kids and be protected from all the adult bickering
CrabApple

Newark, OH

#295464 May 10, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Alright,,, by your logic then...
A woman is raped! Why should the life she is carrying be any less deserving of the life of a 'baby/fetus/whatever you want to call it/ that is planned. Is it the fault of the life inside her? No. So to those who state reasons why it's okay, are a bit hypocritical. Choice is choice regardless. Pro life is pro life regardless. Stipulations are hypocritical. So please, by your logic, you are not pro-life, and don't have the 'right' to say you're OPPOSED to abortion because of your 'it's okay if...', it's quite obvious that you're not.
Those that know me, know my stance. Reasons/justifications lead to the same result.
i see your point
but can't there be variations to pro life views just like there are in pro choice views?
i saw one post who mentioned being pro choice not because they want to make that choice but because they support someone else having the right to have a choice
i think they said it differently
but it sounded like they personally might not like abortion but think others should have the right to make the choice for themselves
so why can't there be some variation in pro life positions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,154,256
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min mdbuilder 49,235
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,090
Debate: Trayvon Martin - East Hartford, CT (Apr '12) 2 hr scorpiochic 3
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) 3 hr scorpiochic 9
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) 6 hr Police State USA 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Bently 19,559
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:24 pm PST