Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294872 May 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a Neptune Society?
I want people to laugh and tell funny stories about me and imitate me saying the things I always say, etc.
Neptunesociety.com
Looks like they are in Fla. And other places..Says memorial reef. So they have a special place for at sea dispersals. Looks like.
No Ida what they use in Arizona. But they have them there too. And in Calif..
Gtown71

United States

#294873 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It has to do with the age of menarche often being 9 or 10 years old, much younger than even MY generation. Their hormones trigger responses nobody has prepared them for.
<quoted text>
I can agree with that.
Notice how big the chicken split breast are in the store? They were in an egg, just 45 days earlier.. it would amaze many how many hormones are being pumped into our food supply, to make it grow fast and big.

Take that with no one properly teaching kids about sex, and the family unit being torn all to pieces, it leaves a many kids looking for love in the bsckseat of a car, that they needed while growing up.:(

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294874 May 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that.
Notice how big the chicken split breast are in the store? They were in an egg, just 45 days earlier.. it would amaze many how many hormones are being pumped into our food supply, to make it grow fast and big.
Take that with no one properly teaching kids about sex, and the family unit being torn all to pieces, it leaves a many kids looking for love in the bsckseat of a car, that they needed while growing up.:(
Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility??

Or does that only apply to everyone else??
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294875 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility??
Or does that only apply to everyone else??
Well hopefully one teaches ones kids that first!!! PERSONSL RESPONSIBILTY..
BUT I watch the judge shows. The real ones..also when young people are interviewed...maybe they just pick out examples.. But the responsibility ethic. Seems to be missing.
Someone loans you a car. Or money..well the person who loanedig doesn't need the money or a whole car so I dont owe it
And the number of people on disability..who appear to be a lot healthier than I am..
Judy catches them up sometimes..lol

Like the guy with bad back who moves furniture..
But seriously it is the answers from the younger ones that bother me the most..is no one teaching them anything..even young people talking on the news..Its scary.
not all by any means but enough to make one worried on the generations that follow.
And how to the women with no jobs get thousands of dollars in tax REFUNDS. DON'T you have to overlay to get a refund. STRANGE AMD we wonder why the Fed is in deficit

I heard that about the chickens..and cows. Something about hormones in milk??

AND HI LOL.HOW is your day

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294876 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hopefully one teaches ones kids that first!!! PERSONSL RESPONSIBILTY..
BUT I watch the judge shows. The real ones..also when young people are interviewed...maybe they just pick out examples.. But the responsibility ethic. Seems to be missing.
Someone loans you a car. Or money..well the person who loanedig doesn't need the money or a whole car so I dont owe it
And the number of people on disability..who appear to be a lot healthier than I am..
Judy catches them up sometimes..lol
Like the guy with bad back who moves furniture..
But seriously it is the answers from the younger ones that bother me the most..is no one teaching them anything..even young people talking on the news..Its scary.
not all by any means but enough to make one worried on the generations that follow.
And how to the women with no jobs get thousands of dollars in tax REFUNDS. DON'T you have to overlay to get a refund. STRANGE AMD we wonder why the Fed is in deficit
I heard that about the chickens..and cows. Something about hormones in milk??
AND HI LOL.HOW is your day
Women with no jobs don't get tax refunds...they get tax credits. Everyone has to file - but if you have no income, and you have no tax liability, but you have the tax credits for having had six kids, then (evidently) the govt. owes YOU money at the end of the year...

And here's the thing: if we're going to insist that every pregnancy come to a natural end, are we going to support the results when the parents cannot?? Because if we're going to gripe about paying for social programs, we need to eliminate the need for them first.

At least that's the way I see it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294877 May 5, 2013
As I've noted before, something else is at play here, some form of mental illness. Doctors trying to get away with malpractice try to cover their tracks he didn't. It can't just be greed, because he was already well-off. It might have something to do with misogyny, but that's a little too simple.

He may turn out to have his very own complex.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
EWW. Did you see Eng of the pictures of what they found all over the place. THEman was worse than Hannibal..and they keep saying he is only prosecuted for being black and treating poor women..
He was charging some more for different levels of anesthesia..Real humanitarian..unless they were far along ..then he overdosed them so they wouldn't scream..

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294878 May 5, 2013
"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.
Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294879 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women with no jobs don't get tax refunds...they get tax credits. Everyone has to file - but if you have no income, and you have no tax liability, but you have the tax credits for having had six kids, then (evidently) the govt. owes YOU money at the end of the year...
And here's the thing: if we're going to insist that every pregnancy come to a natural end, are we going to support the results when the parents cannot?? Because if we're going to gripe about paying for social programs, we need to eliminate the need for them first.
At least that's the way I see it.
I get that..think the whole system is nuts..But still in the personal responsibility Dept..men and women. CONTRACEPTION..
its like if you get pregnant ..either the gov gives you money or you do away with it.
I really cannot get over this. THE Bc pill came along near the time of Roe!!!
WE HAD NOTHING AND NO KNOWLEDGE.

EVEN granting high numbers..if they are. To Bc failure..it still makes no sense ghat the abortion rate is so high..and the rate of children the government has to support. But that is a whole other subject..
At one time I had to work 3 jobs..the gov didn't even give tax credit for child care.
Let alone just for having kids..

I know its hard to think of living with no options or knowledge of BC..I font know the figures. Bug unplanned pregnancies were not as common.and a lot of people saw marriage as the answer..etc.
I KNOW it is just me on this bug I don't get the attitudes that is reflected by the high abortion numbers with all the tools and knowledge available!!
I mean I didn't know what an ovary was..or a cycle..once a month Gog period. If no period you were pregnant...that's it
SORRY to repeat this so often. Bug I dont get it at all!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294880 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good to me too. And then they can each take a little thimble full of my ashes and scatter them wherever they want.... I want to be in as many different locations as possible.
:)
That's a good idea.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294881 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they specialize in cremations and I think they can do or help with spreading ashes at sea.. the police officer who came when my mom was found had ti send her to the county since I had no plans. He gave Me their name and number. WOund up having mom laid out there too thanks to her brothers fit. Plan was just cremated.Bug they had a room for wakes. Thing is they are not fancy.. mostly cremating. Had father in law..he died and they just picked him up and gave us ashes..hubby and his brother were going to take him out to the Everglades where he liked to fish..Still waiting on that..
They were much less expensive than funeral home since they focus on cremation. And I think they have something like franchises all over..They also sell preneed..
That's actually good to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294882 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neptunesociety.com
Looks like they are in Fla. And other places..Says memorial reef. So they have a special place for at sea dispersals. Looks like.
No Ida what they use in Arizona. But they have them there too. And in Calif..
Do you know if they're around New England?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294884 May 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if they're around New England?
Can you get up that site..neptunesociety.com? A friend of mine got a prepaid deal and I think there was reciprocity ..maybe with other States if he moved someplace that didn't have one..

If you look it up they may have a contact email or phone fir your area. If you cant find it. I can look it up for you ..ilk only looked at a couple:)
THEY were very good to us both times..Took my father in law from hospice..and at the time very reasonable
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294885 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
As I've noted before, something else is at play here, some form of mental illness. Doctors trying to get away with malpractice try to cover their tracks he didn't. It can't just be greed, because he was already well-off. It might have something to do with misogyny, but that's a little too simple.
He may turn out to have his very own complex.
<quoted text>
.

.Seriuosly agree. Hate to even imagine why he kept all those remains..and no idea why that jury is still out!!!!
Talk about gruesome trophies
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294886 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that..think the whole system is nuts..But still in the personal responsibility Dept..men and women. CONTRACEPTION..
its like if you get pregnant ..either the gov gives you money or you do away with it.
I really cannot get over this. THE Bc pill came along near the time of Roe!!!
WE HAD NOTHING AND NO KNOWLEDGE.
EVEN granting high numbers..if they are. To Bc failure..it still makes no sense ghat the abortion rate is so high..and the rate of children the government has to support. But that is a whole other subject..
At one time I had to work 3 jobs..the gov didn't even give tax credit for child care.
Let alone just for having kids..
I know its hard to think of living with no options or knowledge of BC..I font know the figures. Bug unplanned pregnancies were not as common.and a lot of people saw marriage as the answer..etc.
I KNOW it is just me on this bug I don't get the attitudes that is reflected by the high abortion numbers with all the tools and knowledge available!!
I mean I didn't know what an ovary was..or a cycle..once a month Gog period. If no period you were pregnant...that's it
SORRY to repeat this so often. Bug I dont get it at all!!!
So actually, you are not pro life at all. Its not hard to think of living without the option to kill your unborn or to use artificial contraception which invites pre marital sex and cheating on your husband and is also an abortifacient. Follow and trust in Jesus. I just read somewhere where lukewarm Christions cause the most damage, sounds like you.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294887 May 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.
Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
Grumps sounds just like a nazi. Seriously, he or she does. Nine out of ten babies with Downs syndrome are aborted now. Ole Hitler is laughing from Hell and saying their doing what I did, imagine that...
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294888 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
<quoted text>
Yet that child has a purpose in life and is as important as you. That child has a soul is human and needs to be treated as such.
Gtown71

United States

#294889 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility??
Or does that only apply to everyone else??
No you're correct, and with Gods help -I'll finish strong :)
I pray for my daughters future husband now. I pray he's nothing like me.

I have a different outlook on this world, since the night I was saved. I see it getting worse and worse, and us having to do the best we can, with what we have.

I'm glad this worlds not my home.

I'm just killing time on the way to the house.
Gtown71

United States

#294890 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
<quoted text>
Yes, and if I knew how, all babies would be born perfect. Do you realize what your last statement says?

How many "which cost us bunches " in the nursing homes should be put to sleep?

We are headed that way, and it is a slippery slope when "we" choose who has "quality" of life and who should live and who should not. This choice has already been given to pregnant women.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294892 May 5, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>So actually, you are not pro life at all. Its not hard to think of living without the option to kill your unborn or to use artificial contraception which invites pre marital sex and cheating on your husband and is also an abortifacient. Follow and trust in Jesus. I just read somewhere where lukewarm Christions cause the most damage, sounds like you.
Ughhhhhh. If I take a pill which prevents me from ovulating..there is no abortion. If my partner wears a condominium and no spermatozoa gets to my egg. There id no abortion.If either of us gets a vasectomy or tied tubes..there is no abortion..on some of Ours of today..not sure if they are abortifscient..bug anything that prevents the joining of an egg and spermatozoa is NOT ABORTIFACIENT ..
Now of course abstaining would prevent pregnancy..but some of us are not perfect. And this discussion is about the real world..unfortunate as that may be....so if an imperfect person is going to have sex with or without marriage..preventing PREGNANCY will preclude compounding their imperfection by abortion !!!!!!

As for me I am imperfect for sure. I consider myself proliferate..I am against abortion on demand.
sorry if this does not meet your standards ..but prevention DOES preclude the ending of unborn life. As to my Christianity..that is between me and my Lord...

We will all meet Him face to face sooner or later. Peace
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294893 May 5, 2013
Lolol

I am prolife hog proliferate. Gotta love Madams Kindle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min dem 1,249,793
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 33 min Gomer 20,026
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Jingle 53,884
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,125
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 1 hr This Thread Now C... 16,154
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) Sun Enigma 565
News Glastonbury School Officials Recommend Ending C... Jun 25 Joao R Caxide 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages