Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313187 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#294434 Apr 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just jealous that we get more women than he'll EVER have.
lol. It's interesting that the same males who fantasize about lesbian sex and pine to be invited are the same ones who petulantly try to insult lesbians when they are rejected. They aren't men; they are pouting little boys.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294435 Apr 30, 2013
NEO
csnt get to the repky Quote thing on your Bsptist quote but the Universal was a Bsptist???
did soneone from anothrr Bsptist do thd shooting?? iwas cofused
Anywsy that is awful no matter who did it Violence and killing is erong..doing same for any religious resson is HORRID.and doing ig the name of God is the worst..That goes for historicslly..for sboortion clinics or for pllitics or for churches you dont like.
Think I posted before but cant find it about Hitler and others persecuting the the Jewish people using thr EXCUSE yhey as a people supposedly killed Jesus..they did it mostly or power snd
money...period..Hitler wanted everything everyone had..
the Inquistion same thing power...how could rational people who studied Christs life believe that He taught to convert people by torturing yhem THAT was blasphemy of the worst kind
God gave us FREE wil. he wants us to worship Him freely..not at gunpoint.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294436 Apr 30, 2013
Lol sorry didnt even correct last one..phone rang was afsid of timeout..really bad ghat one..Hope you can read
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294437 Apr 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever version each religious branch wants to follow.
Please see my answer to foo..all the versions I have read SAY the same thing..The Catholis have s few more books but rest is same.
The wording is just more differently structured in somd..meaning same
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294438 Apr 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I think many religious practices, of many different faiths, are damaging, either physically, psychologically, or both.
and some pervert the beliefs into craziness and evil

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294439 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be foo, but you wanting me to leave this sight and stop talking about God, Or whatever I wish to talk about, just becouse of what you "think" or how you "feel" about it, makes you not one bit better then all of the intollerant folks in the world that you and yours stand against.
when God pulls the plug on what I say or do , thrn ill be gone not untill. again for the 35th times if you dont like it please be an adult and skip it.
dont like gtown - dont read gtown. simple
wow , being like ocean and othrrs is pretty cool ;)
You're a moron son. Plain and simple. You ignore EVERYTHING, and learn nothing.

Who says I want you to leave? I enjoy helping you make a fool of yourself, and you're perfectly willing to BE a fool so why not?

Its a pity YOU can't be an adult and listen to what others have been telling you about your obnoxious behavior.

But hey, carry on. You do more harm to your cause than anyone else could EVER do! LOL!

Location hidden

#294440 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow , being like ocean and othrrs is pretty cool ;)
Oh and BTW, you're not even REMOTELY intelligent enough to be like Ocean or others. Just sayin.

Location hidden

#294441 Apr 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GRR I had a long answer but it timed me out or whatever..anyway. i have several versions ..They are all the same content except the Catholic which has several extra books. The king james for example has tge same things as the New Living Translation but the NLT is written in more modern sentences..Easier to explain. Just gave one to a friend who calls me to help her with some explanations in her NIV bible Now she uses the NLT also.
Have a question. Are all of yours Torah Tanakh in tge same language Hebrew??? Or Aramaic?? Or do you translate say to German or English.
I remember as a kid most of what we read at Mass was in Latin jn whatever country..then it changed snd
when the bible first came out printed for the people the RCC banned it..Said we couldnt underdtand without the priests
I think you all had kind of tge same thing?? Only certain people could interpret and they were men????
MOST Jewish bibles (called a Tanakh) are in Hebrew. Some old ones have both Hebrew AND Aramaic, I have one of those frome the mid 1800's that was my great grandfathers.

The thing with Christian bibles is that while they seem to have the same content, they really dont, because different translations use different words IN their translations, which in turn changes the context. You dont generally find that in Tanakh's.
Gtown71

United States

#294442 Apr 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GRR I had a long answer but it timed me out or whatever..anyway. i have several versions ..They are all the same content except the Catholic which has several extra books. The king james for example has tge same things as the New Living Translation but the NLT is written in more modern sentences..Easier to explain. Just gave one to a friend who calls me to help her with some explanations in her NIV bible Now she uses the NLT also.
Have a question. Are all of yours Torah Tanakh in tge same language Hebrew??? Or Aramaic?? Or do you translate say to German or English.
I remember as a kid most of what we read at Mass was in Latin jn whatever country..then it changed snd
when the bible first came out printed for the people the RCC banned it..Said we couldnt underdtand without the priests
I think you all had kind of tge same thing?? Only certain people could interpret and they were men????
yes a few months after I was saved and for the first time in.my life I went to get my own bible with my name on it. I had no idea about all the versions. lol

they ask what kind of bible I wanted , and I said black. they laughed and asked what version? I said Holy. they laughed again and educated me on all the versions. I left an hour later with no bible and a headache. ;)

I think it is a mess.
acts 8:37 is one place I like to look, and if the verse is not there I dont consider it a bible.
it is one of the most important verses.

I have my own belief on bibles now, but never look different at others no matter ehich one they read.

God csn use any of them to convict a person of their lost condition.

plus I fully understand that He is the only one who can do this, yet looking back I have never forgotten those who told me about God, even those who I didnt want to hear from.:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294443 Apr 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST Jewish bibles (called a Tanakh) are in Hebrew. Some old ones have both Hebrew AND Aramaic, I have one of those frome the mid 1800's that was my great grandfathers.
The thing with Christian bibles is that while they seem to have the same content, they really dont, because different translations use different words IN their translations, which in turn changes the context. You dont generally find that in Tanakh's.
thanks for the answer..i thought ghe tsnskh was different from the Torah which I thibk is the first 5? but then what is the Prophets?

as far as the versions..I can only spesk to what I have read..mostly NIV. Kkng James NLt snd Catholic. and Chronological...That one was kntersting kn ghat it gave approximate dates Think I lost it...someplace in ghis house...or gave it to someone ..have 3 that errd free on mh kindle also to look up things..also have an app for a Word of the Day.. gives different versions..Sill all say the same thing ..
Cant say I have read every word but have looked up verses and read story parts in alll.
to me they hsve been the same content Though different eords one has say a diiferent way of saying took her to wife. things like that..King James is the hardest yo understsnf...but ghe it is easier thsn Beowof..which I nevrf undrrstood...Thd New Living Translation id by fsr the essiest to understand Nlt
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294444 Apr 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and wow on your grandmas bible..what a great memento and heirloom.i am jealous!!! I have a handcarved miniature kitchen that my dad gave mkm when I was 2.. I treasure it but wish I had something from ge erations esp a bible...do you record in it like people do..births deaths dtc..

Location hidden

#294445 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a mess.

I dont consider it a bible.

I have my own belief on bibles
)
It aint all about you son. Funny how you took a discussion about the Jewish bible between Rose and I, and tried to make it about you.

As I said, and your keep proving - you're your own worst enemy, and you're simply too stupid to know it.

You could take a lesson or three from Rose for just one example. What she and I (and others) are having is called A DISCUSSION. Its a give and take where we learn something about each other's faith.

Note: at NO time is rose telling anyone else, or is anyone else telling her that theirs is the ONLY way.

Note too: Rose is what a good Christian IS. Someone's that's firm enough in her convictions to allow other's theirs, without feeling a need to demean or dimminish other's views and beliefs as you do.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294446 Apr 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They like to pretend that Judaism is just Christianity-light, when it's not even the basis for Christianity. They just borrowed some things from it, as they did the Pagan religions at the time, and twisted others into unrecognizable shapes to fit their OWN man made religion. I suppose they thought that would lend it "authority".
No, you are wrong. Christ is God and started the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#294447 Apr 30, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are wrong. Christ is God and started the Catholic Church.
Prove it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294449 Apr 30, 2013
Foo..
Thanks for the compliment but have to say I have for years found anything about yhe Jeeish faith fascinating even before I met my son who is not religious...its nice to talk to someone about it with.

its one reason I recommended the series of books by Bodie Thoene to you..she got do much into modern history ww2 and thd founding of the Jewish Homeland ..
snd those wives of the patriarchs books by JillSmith and of couse One Night with the King. if you like fiction .of a historical nature...
The Germsn and Arab obstacles and the Othef nations aganst the Jews having a place to be a refuge The collaboration with the Nazis all of it bowled me over.
I think that part is Zion Covenant you or anyone can go to Thoenebooks.com and books and see sll the titles there are a lot...
know you said something about a bookstore. so thought you might be interested.

BODIE AIS Christian but with such a heart for Isreal.. i have to admit its much better than reading a history book..i like characters I can follow..stories etc.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294450 Apr 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
sctuslly Chtist started s movement. His church wss the body of brlievers who met in homes or plsces where they could. They ste snd prayed and tslked sbout Him and God and the scriptures snd commrmorated His Supper.
they read letters from other believrrs like Psul and Timothy

the Catholic Church as an institution csmd much later. Men started it kn His name.

But his chutch...His bride is still the believers..
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294451 Apr 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
Read history.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294452 Apr 30, 2013
Zion Chronicles about Isreal
zion covenant more about the ww2 history
FoxNews

AOL

#294453 Apr 30, 2013

**ISRAEL Discoveries PROVE JESUS' RETURN ----

http://youtu.be/JO2gm1pFtrs

Location hidden

#294454 Apr 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
sctuslly Chtist started s movement. His church wss the body of brlievers who met in homes or plsces where they could. They ste snd prayed and tslked sbout Him and God and the scriptures snd commrmorated His Supper.
they read letters from other believrrs like Psul and Timothy
the Catholic Church as an institution csmd much later. Men started it kn His name.
But his chutch...His bride is still the believers..
Having been raised in the Greek Church, I know that Roman Catholics like to try to rewrite that history. It makes them look even sillier than ever. I don't personally care, but I like a good laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Patriot 1,478,899
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,307
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,874
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) 6 hr Mona 112
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jan 14 Rujoking 320
News The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Jan 13 CTguy1955 91
News New Law Incubator Will Offer Affordable Legal Help Jan 13 lawyers indabag 4

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages