Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311324 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#293674 Apr 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
For a legal investigation, there has to be a subpoena given, and clinics can make copies and black out the personal info, yes. The authorities don't just get to grab files at will. For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files.
<quoted text>
"For a legal investigation, there has to be a subpoena given, and clinics can make copies and black out the personal info, yes."

The Gran Jury was conducting a legal investigation.

"The authorities don't just get to grab files at will." For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files."

Department of Health inspections usually include a random sample of charts and it is perfectly legal to do.

"For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files."

Thanks for verifying what I said.

Location hidden

#293675 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got to page 10 or so so far..it sure looks like the state should be on trial too.
Starting off with deciding NOT to inspect clinics so as not to provide a barrier to women seeking abortions. By onference they already knew they would find offenses which they had. Wonder about othef clknics ..kind of think the barrier of insisting the pfocedures be safe would be of importance to the women going there..perforation of ghe womens organs has me gagging.
One question thought grand jury stuff was secret..maybe it can come out jn trial though. I watch a lot of law and order..this story is worse than thd SVU epusodes about serial killers. Will read more later. But tge state so utterly fsiled here.using politics to protect this ghoul.
"Got to page 10 or so so far..it sure looks like the state should be on trial too.
Starting off with deciding NOT to inspect clinics so as not to provide a barrier to women seeking abortions. By onference they already knew they would find offenses which they had. Wonder about othef clknics ..kind of think the barrier of insisting the pfocedures be safe would be of importance to the women going there..perforation of ghe womens organs has me gagging."

I agree. Governor Ridge should also be on trial telling the Dept of Health to ignore PA state laws, and the National Abortion Federation should be on trial for not reporting the illegal activity that they observed.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#293677 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you read anything in.my post about having / not having kids????
LNM was commenting on your stupid claim that sex outside marriage is evil.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293678 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wrong again. Examination of medical records are part of most inspections. As long as personal, identifying information is not used it does not violate HIPPA.
What are you trying to say here? Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature. Which they routinely do.

What is it you want? A national shriving?

Abortion rights activists nationwide to apologize for Gosnell and his illegal activities?

How 'bout the so-called 'pro-life' legislators nationwide, apologize for limiting access to legal safe abortion?

Neither is likely.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#293679 Apr 26, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
Oh great, I am sorry, if a moderator can clean up some of my reposts of the same post I would be grateful, I didn't mean to post it so many times, I thought it wasn't going through.
It happens. Your post was very interesting. I realize that Roe is law and not likely to be changed. I just cannot figure out why there are so many babies whose lives are ended in this day and age.
Abortion is not eady on the women either. If places like PP and othef womens clinics were foi g a great job for women..mird contraception would bd practiced..one would think..

When the womens movement started..the emphasis was on birth control. And equal pay but now abortiin is big business. The offspring seem to be of no interest except as a means for politics and money.

There is so much education that the PcC side could dissemjnate besides thd CHOICE mantra..and tge PL side coukd be more reslistic. IMHO

In old testament times babies were sacrificed to placate false deities. The sltar of the slmost religion of Choice has clsimed many sacrifices.

I know this is not a popular concept. But this brushing aside of the knowledge that it is a living being being destroyed had led society down a slippery slope of disrdgard for life. Again IMHO.

I have the advantage of libing thru the history of the womens movement. The emphasis used to be on equality ..not on doing away with offspring..that is sad
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#293680 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^ From.feces for Jesus, yet I'm the arrogant one, that has it all fiquered out :) got it.
Continue puking your unproven, arrogant religious [email protected]

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293681 Apr 26, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
Oh great, I am sorry, if a moderator can clean up some of my reposts of the same post I would be grateful, I didn't mean to post it so many times, I thought it wasn't going through.
It's a topix thing. Sometimes the mods clean it up, and sometimes it hangs there forever.
Don't worry about it - happens all the time.

But I always apologize too...

:)
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293682 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, it's alot to take in for a person who "thinks " they know all there is to life, yet don't have a clue.
I'm not here to make you my friend, and me not telling you the truth, would be like a fireman watching your house burn to the ground while doing nothing.
Perhaps you will consider you may just be wrong about the whole God /soul /demon thingy? Becouse you are wrong.
LMAO. Yeah, uh huh, sure.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293683 Apr 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chicky!
Hi Katie. So good to see you. Im going to create an email address so we can catch up. I'll post it later.:)
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293684 Apr 26, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!
Yes. A frightening little window into the twisted and perverted mind and morals of our little self righteous catholic friend, Knutter/Dumbasslisious.

Oh and none of her fellow travelers called her on such evil thoughts.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293686 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove you're right about what happens to the soul after death?
I'm doing what I feel I should, feel free to skip my post, if you wish.
Yet me knowing what I know and not telling you (y'all)
Would be far far worse then me knowing where water is, while you die thirsty.
You just cannot see it..... yet
The only thing you know is that you are either delusional OR you have an over active imagination. That's it.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293687 Apr 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
As one of those kinds of pagan women, I am sure you enjoy men doing that to you. It doies not make the act normal. Over the eons pagans have made it inpot a pastime that includes all sorts if abontromal activites.
You pagans consider anything you want to do as normal. I pity the children in your homes. The things those poor babies have to see.
ROFLMAO.

No dear, unlike you Catholics, the rest of us think children are not FOR sex and should not be exposed TO it or made afraid of it. It is Catholics that are deviant about sex in every aspect of it.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293688 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to do interviews, it should be recorded in their records.
See, if you were actually in health care, you would know that the press does not have access to medical records.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293689 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"They went to him out of desperation. Poor, non=english speaking, illiterate, uneducated. Yet another arena where society has failed the poor."
This sounds like the clientele of many abortion "clinics".
Only to the desperately misinformed.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#293690 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let's see, it was a pro"choice" governor that stopped the inspections of abortion "clinic", and it was the National Abortion Federation that failed to report the conditions that they found in Gosnell's "clinic", and it was other abortionists that referred patients to him. Sounds like the pro"choicers" failed them big-time."
Why did you only choose one out of the list?
Because it was the one you forgot to mention (until after my post).
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293691 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Chickensh!t, you're back.......how long will it be before you're banned AGAIN??????
As long as it takes you to be banned AGAIN!!
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#293692 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way -you still saying there is no Hell? Do you have it fiquered out what happens after death?
I have never said there is no hell, you forking moron. I have repeated that the word is not in the original bible and that the original,and current meaning of Hel has nothing to do with your religion. You're obviously too stupid to understand these simple facts that I've repeated.

I don't claim to know what happens after we die like you and your fellow christards do.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#293693 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you trying to say here? Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature. Which they routinely do.
Abortion rights activists nationwide to apologize for Gosnell and his illegal activities?
How 'bout the so-called 'pro-life' legislators nationwide, apologize for limiting access to legal safe abortion?
Neither is likely.
Susan can not think rationally on this topic. Any woman ever having an abortion, or who is pro choice, is responsible for Gosnell. its all their fault. All because she has a miscarriage and is unable to move on. Her abortion was spontaneous so its ok while a medical abortion is not. She is superior in her devastating loss so gets to punish others.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#293694 Apr 26, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Katie. So good to see you. Im going to create an email address so we can catch up. I'll post it later.:)
i have a new email address since my old was hacked into a year ago. grrr! that one still pisses me off for the documents on it :(

learned my lesson, though. use a separate computer altogether for personal stuff and it doesn't go online.

Location hidden

#293697 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you trying to say here? Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature. Which they routinely do.
Neither is likely.
"Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature."

My point was that no one pointed to any of the reasons that you listed in connection with Gosnell. Guess why??? Because he didn't do them for those reasons. The women that went to him/were sent to him for late-term abortions were goin for ILLEGAL abortions.

not a playa1965

|#293531 Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gosnell is quilty of criminal intent, so are the women who whent to his "clinic" for late-term abortions.

not a playa1965 replied:
And you're salivating at the chance to put women in prison for aborting an anencephalic fetus, or one with Tae Sachs, or those electing to have their dead fetuses removed without a C-section..

and from then on, oblige those with dead fetii, to carry them until natural delivery?

You DO realize that that is why the majority of LTA's are performed, right?

Such Christian compassion. The heart melts.

Susanm replied:
Nothing was said about Gosnell abortiong for any of those reasons.

not a playa1965replied:

Doesn't fit the so-called 'pro-life' agenda, to report that sort of thing...or maybe those women have been traumatized enough, and are refusing to feed themselves to the media.

Susanm replied:

I'm sure that if that was the case the probe "choicers" would be pointing that out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min An NFL Fan 1,394,703
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,025
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,708
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages