Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310312 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293442 Apr 25, 2013
And people wonder why I stopped reading ill lily's posts?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hollow - completely worthless apology. It was okay to berate him when you didn't know shit about what he was saying, just like you didn't know shit about what STO was saying before you jumped on your jackass and rode straight into putting your foot in your big mouth.
But as usual, you dont bother to read or learn before you mouth off.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#293443 Apr 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its NOT stupidity Lynne, its FACT.
http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/4688.php
http://www.google.com/url...
The John Jay College found NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA link between homosexuality and the pedophile priests.
<quoted text>
You are wrong on SO many different levels on this Lynne. Not to mention simply an ignorant bitch.
Of course that's easy for you, since you regularly mouth off about things you know nothing about.
Pedophiles that target male chidrent are NOT gay. Pedophilia is a crime of OPPORTUNITY, not of sexuality you fucking idiot.
<quoted text>
No Lynne, that would be YOU. In SPADES this time.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm

"Actual surveys: In the Fall of 1999, the Kansas City Star sent a questionnaire to 3,000 priests in the U.S. 73% did not reply. The low response rate could be anticipated. One would expect homosexuals and bisexuals to be reluctant to respond to the questionnaire since it deals with such a sensitive issue, and originated from a newspaper. Homosexual and bisexual priests would probably be less likely to reply to the survey. Among the 801 priests who did reply: 75% said they had a heterosexual orientation;
15% homosexual;
5% bisexual. 9

During 1990, Rev. Thomas Crangle, a Franciscan priest in Passaic, N.J., mailed a survey to 500 randomly selected priests. Of the 398 responses, about 45% said that they were gay."

It's not just opportunity. Fact is, there are a lot of gay priests, so to state that not one that was arrested was found to be gay is stupid. Chances are, some of them were. You haven't provided anything that proves your statement is true.

Also, how many of those molested by priests were [teen] boys?

I did misspeak when I said males interested in [prepubescent] males are gay. I meant to say interested in [adolescent] males.

Point is; you made a blanket statement, "Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay", and you had no proof to back it.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293444 Apr 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with much of this. Just a point of fact tho - many of those priests WERE sent to such places. THEN they were sent back to rape more children.
<quoted text>
That would be because the leaders of that church promoted a culture of pedophelia and is STILL actively covering up its crimes. THey did it to themselves. Can't blame anyone for that BUT themselves.
I didnt realize that they sent them away which was smart and then sent tgem back to parishes..Sounds like there were follish people making ddcisions...there are many businesses..which parts of ghe church are that do cover ups.such as colleges which cover up rapes...handling them internally is what they call it......

.the church should have been above that by its very nature. These people were criminal..and this behaviour is an affront to the God they profess to serve..

As I say I think many Catholics have great local chuches much charity for ages has been done bg the RCC. I look for greater acts from the church under this pope. We shall see..

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#293445 Apr 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wonder, beause I know you still read them.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293446 Apr 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Knutbar. Not ONE SINGLE PEDOPHILE PRIEST was found to be gay. Neither were the rabbi's teachers, neighbors or babysitters.
The BIGGEST difference here, is that nobody in the Jewish community, teaching community, tried to hide the crimes of the pedophiles in their midst, NOR did they send them to OTHER new communities to rape childrent MORE.
Rose, you want to know why your faith is "judged" by others? Its becasue people this this idiot want to keep blaming their crimes on gays.
Normal people know better.
It is sad tgat Catholics are judged it is worse when people judge God by those who profess belief and then use the church as a cover up. And most believers abhor this also..For tge record ..i dont belong to tge RCC but I grew up there cared for by many loving nuns and taught well. I just am not a member now..but that is besides the point. Cover ups are wrong ..period..as i mentioned in a previous post this one wss massive and stupid..the colleges covering up rapes as kids will be kids is only slightly less egregious...NO ONE SHOULD STAND UP FOR OR EXCUSE RAPISTS OF ANYONE BUT ESPECIALLY CHILDREN. Especially since this does not stop the problem..

There are pedophiles who rape and kill even children of both sexes..my beef is with groups who are trying to mainstream this as a bonafide sexual preference..like NAMBLA..etc..i pray that is never allowed
Chick Brilliance Returns

New York, NY

#293447 Apr 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the stupid skanky freak is ignorant, disingenuous and a twisted uneducated narcissist?

Btw,...ill lily...Brilliant!!

;)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#293448 Apr 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Sue, he/she is right. If you search his clinic, you can find advertizements that he ran (as well as pictures of the clinic itself) that shows his "clinic" had dental, family planning, family practice, gynecological and physical therapy services. The physical therapy services is what the DEF was focusing on for his drug trade apparently. Makes sense really, he was selling pain meds under the guise of "physical therapy". I shudder to think about who ELSE he hurt, who else died under those OTHER "medical practices" of his.
What he advertised and what he did are two different things. I can't find anything that says that he provided dental, family planning, family practice, gynecolical and physical therapy services. Do you have a link?
Chick Brilliance Returns

New York, NY

#293449 Apr 25, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm
"Actual surveys: In the Fall of 1999, the Kansas City Star sent a questionnaire to 3,000 priests in the U.S. 73% did not reply. The low response rate could be anticipated. One would expect homosexuals and bisexuals to be reluctant to respond to the questionnaire since it deals with such a sensitive issue, and originated from a newspaper. Homosexual and bisexual priests would probably be less likely to reply to the survey. Among the 801 priests who did reply: 75% said they had a heterosexual orientation;
15% homosexual;
5% bisexual. 9
During 1990, Rev. Thomas Crangle, a Franciscan priest in Passaic, N.J., mailed a survey to 500 randomly selected priests. Of the 398 responses, about 45% said that they were gay."
It's not just opportunity. Fact is, there are a lot of gay priests, so to state that not one that was arrested was found to be gay is stupid. Chances are, some of them were. You haven't provided anything that proves your statement is true.
Also, how many of those molested by priests were [teen] boys?
I did misspeak when I said males interested in [prepubescent] males are gay. I meant to say interested in [adolescent] males.
Point is; you made a blanket statement, "Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay", and you had no proof to back it.
LOL. Ahem, dumb ass? Were any of the surveyed priests in your article one the convicted baby rapers? No? Than this nonsense in no way disproves what Foo said, you gibbering fool.

It is hilarious watching stupid people prove it.
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#293450 Apr 25, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just because some oppose abortion on religious grounds does not make it an issue of religion. It is an issue of basic fundamental human rights. Argue it on that basis....if you can. My guess is you can't. If you could you'd have already done it by now.
Do you think that of the thousands of protesters, only "some" were protesters on religious grounds?
Gtown71

United States

#293451 Apr 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Go away, you hypocritical, gross and slimey creep.
Whatever YOU read to come up with what I said I have no idea??? Either you were stoned, tired, or whatever, but I can assure you there is nothing creepy about it, as far as being a hypocrite well yes I'm sure I can be a dandy.

Have you ever met a cop, that could give you a ticket with clean hands?

Do you disniss all cops?

Interesting how we exchange so quickly from one way to another, but it doesn't bother me.
You say something nice, then call me a sad clown, maybe your bipolar -well join the group. All christians are.:)

My prayers shouldn't effect you in any way if my God is not real, right?
Chick Brilliance Returns

New York, NY

#293452 Apr 25, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again how you are NOT a self absorbed narcissist?

Wow. Those pain pills are really frying your already malfunctioning brain, Lori. Have the surgery and get sober!!
Gtown71

United States

#293453 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I but tge thing is ..first comes faiglth thru grace. And that can be asked for through Christ..
No doubt eph 2: 8-9 is the verses I stand on, but where does faith come from?
A lost person seeks out God, like an axe murderer seeks out a cop.

Location hidden

#293454 Apr 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue, you're not this dishonest. That sounds like it is, a scumbag criminal who got caught trying to do his best spin for the media.
Have you read or seen any of the interviews? He doesn't even understand why he's being charged with murder in the deaths of the babies.
Gtown71

United States

#293455 Apr 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Go away, you hypocritical, gross and slimey creep.
Ok -this one is bothering me, so let me clairify what I was saying, even though it seems your mind went a different way.

Elise -I like you, yet I don't know you. I've never met you, right?
Yet you have been on my mind alot, plus alot has changed with my walk with my God, and I've thought back at some of your post. You know life is hard, deal with it.
You try and be strong, but your strength will not hold.
You do what is right in your own eyes, and your still alive, right?
Or are you dead while you live?

Either my God is a liar, and dead, or elise He is real and alive.
If He us real and alive and His word is true, and I do believe it is, then where does that leave you, when you die?

I cannot force "the woman " :) to do anything, but again -it is what it is, and you've been layed on my mind, so I will pray more for you, then others, and you may.laugh it off if you wish, you may come back with gross, sick, whatever you conjoure up to get me to stop, but I can't.

So I am going to do something you rarely see, since it is easy to say never the less let thine will be done.
I'm claiming my God is real, is alive,and you will know that this is truth, regaurdless of what you say or don't say to me.
No time limit "I wished I could " but we shall see.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293456 Apr 25, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The only POINT you have Lynne, is at the top of your head.

I certainly DID prove it, with the John Jay College report ON the sex scandal.

Hired BY the RCC, they proved UNEQUIVOCALLY that not one pedophile priest that was caught, was gay.

You're an idiot, and you continue to prove it daily here.

Seek mental health help Lynniekins.

Clearly you're one of those people having issues dealing with the children you had a hand in killing.

Location hidden

#293457 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt realize that they sent them away which was smart and then sent tgem back to parishes..Sounds like there were follish people making ddcisions...there are many businesses..which parts of ghe church are that do cover ups.such as colleges which cover up rapes...handling them internally is what they call it......
.the church should have been above that by its very nature. These people were criminal..and this behaviour is an affront to the God they profess to serve..
As I say I think many Catholics have great local chuches much charity for ages has been done bg the RCC. I look for greater acts from the church under this pope. We shall see..
I agree, and I hope and pray you're right. So far tho, nothing.

Location hidden

#293458 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad tgat Catholics are judged it is worse when people judge God by those who profess belief and then use the church as a cover up. And most believers abhor this also..For tge record ..i dont belong to tge RCC but I grew up there cared for by many loving nuns and taught well. I just am not a member now..but that is besides the point. Cover ups are wrong ..period..as i mentioned in a previous post this one wss massive and stupid..the colleges covering up rapes as kids will be kids is only slightly less egregious...NO ONE SHOULD STAND UP FOR OR EXCUSE RAPISTS OF ANYONE BUT ESPECIALLY CHILDREN. Especially since this does not stop the problem..
There are pedophiles who rape and kill even children of both sexes..my beef is with groups who are trying to mainstream this as a bonafide sexual preference..like NAMBLA..etc..i pray that is never allowed
Well said and I agree!

Location hidden

#293459 Apr 25, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No Lynne, you only THINK that. You dont KNOW shit.

Location hidden

#293460 Apr 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What he advertised and what he did are two different things. I can't find anything that says that he provided dental, family planning, family practice, gynecolical and physical therapy services. Do you have a link?
Only to the advertizements and pictures that show what he was offering, and those have been seen regularly.

Location hidden

#293461 Apr 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>No there is no criminal intent in dealing drugs out of your business.
That doesn't mean that he had criminal intent concerning his abortion practices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,262,066
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) 12 hr musique 108
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 hr OzRitz 54,328
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Mon Ariel Sharon 70,139
News Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Mon 88Erab 171
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) Mon sammar 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages