Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,773)

Showing posts 275,441 - 275,460 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the odds of Rosez actually reading these stories? That's why I suggested she research it. Seems some people actually appreciate the stories more when they have to dig for these themselves.
However, I appreciate you supplying links for them, Foo. Am going to read some now.
I joined their forum to simply read. That the freaking idiots like Lynne D and Skanky (among others) sit here and mouth off about things they know NOTHING about is just stupifying when you actually read these women's stories.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand, my baby girl just turned 6, but she will always be my baby :)
But bit -roughly 3,500 girls and boys like yours and mine who get to live will die today, just one day in the usa. I don't see this as being overdramatic -I see this as a problem on an epic scale. Just follow the money. Most have a price. Even Hillary Clinton said abortion should be legal, safe, RARE.
Does the numbers ever just stagger you at all?
Wrong. Approximately 3500 women will make a choice to end their pregnancies. And approximately three times as many will make the choice to CONTINUE their pregnancies.

No, the numbers don't stagger me, because I realize two things...

a)It's always a question of one woman making a choice for one pregnancy, and
b)It's none of my business.

I should care what Hillary Clinton says, why, exactly?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the message you're getting, there's something wrong with YOU, honey.
Namely, that the independent medical decisions on the part of women you'll never meet, royally piss you off.
I recommend anger management classes.
I have no ill will toward any man or woman. People may make the choices they will, but what's the difference?
We tell folks that like to drink "don't drive " "act responsible " "get a sober person to drive " and with all the world has to offer, from taxi cabs, sober friends, even some who volunteer to drive drunks around,there is no excuse for anyone to be driving while drunk, correct? If they do and they get caught, what happens? If they wreck and hurt or kill others, what happens? Not good, all day long this still goes on, and untill texting took the number 1 spot, it was booze related crashes. Should we stand up for the drunks, and say so what?? They mowed down a couple of kids on the way to the park -should they be punished, for a long time becouse of one little slip???

Same thing -with all this world has to offer, and please don't tell me how much they fail, if used properly, they work fine. Even cpeter addmits to having more encounters then I have had in.pills, yet clean as a whistle, becouse he practices safe sex.
The numbers alone should make anyone think "WHAT ARE WE DOING /ALLOWING "yet the human mind can't wrap itself around such a deal, so you must tell yourself, it is only one woman making a medical choice on their own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I
Spoke of forced abortion. I meant those cases where a man coerces the woman. And I said tho that it is usually the mom making the choice in that context.
Coersion is not "forcing". No woman is forced at the point of a gun to have a LEGAL abortion.

Nobody is in the room where the medcial procedure is happening except for the medical personel and the woman.

She CAN say NO.

Period.

If the woman feels coerced - that's on HER. Nothing you nor I nor anyone else can say NO for her. Making abortion illegal - particularly and specifically in the first trimester - is NEVER going to happen. That's long been established law. Even an overturning of RvW will not change that - you DO understand that right?

If a woman feels coerced, its on HER to seek help, and help IS out there. Harassing women going into health clinics, bitching meaninglessly on a messageboard, making up hystronic nonsensical crap about "victims" is meaningless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She also didn't have the abortion that the case was all about. It wasn't decided in time. She did say later that she WOULD have, though.
Good point! One I'd missed. Thanks!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Rosez didn't answer my question. I'm disappointed :-\
And SHOCKED I'm sure. Need those smelling salts? LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell took care of thousands of "medical emergencies" a year. What a guy looking out for his patients.
Gosnell was not - in general - doing legal abortions. Not much was legal that was going on in his clinic.

Stop being an ass and trying to compare the murderer Gosnell with actual health clinics that are well regulated and operating well within the limits of the law Inkstain.

I see you're back to make your usual fool of yourself. Idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The message you send "no.matter how fancy you package it "is worship sex, and we will kill anything that gets in your way :(
Stop lying Gtown. No such message was "sent" by anyone here.

The message YOU send is "I'm Gtown, a pious idiot, who will ignore everything I dont like in my quest to spread my stupidity".
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand, my baby girl just turned 6, but she will always be my baby :)
But bit -roughly 3,500 girls and boys like yours and mine who get to live will die today, just one day in the usa. I don't see this as being overdramatic -I see this as a problem on an epic scale. Just follow the money. Most have a price. Even Hillary Clinton said abortion should be legal, safe, RARE.
No, the number is neither staggering nor epic. There are almost 316 million people in America. Your number, roughly 3500, is what, roughly one percent, a tenth of a percent, of the total population?

Abortion rates have continued to decline, even during the recession when usually the numbers go up.

What's not a good thing is failing to recognize not every pregnancy is wanted or healthy. So much can go wrong during pregnancy, during labor and delivery. Women still die from childbirth. Women still get horrendously torn up during delivery. Yes, it still happens in America, but nobody's protesting it outside hospitals.

What matters is after babies are born. But that's the time most fundies walk away. They smile and pat themselves on the back for helping to provide diapers and used baby clothes... but sure scream and yell about welfare queens living on the dole spreading their legs to make more babies.

What a nice little double-standard, eh? Every baby born but to hell with what kind of life it will live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is there a time limit on when a woman can legally abort her child?
Inkain, do you REALLY need the word "viablity" explained for the millionth time?

Get a new game you idiotic thing. Your deliberate stupidity is getting old.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you have to lie like this, you've already lost the argument.
Why is this a lie? It seems that over 3,500 women each and every day of the week mon -fri are getting that message, hardwired into their core, that they may conduct themselves are careless as they wish, and any "thing " that happens to inconvienice them will be dealt with, and as far as your other post -bit please, like I'm the grammer patrol. Now that's funny!:)
There must be a better way.

Gosnnel to me truly seen no difference in killing small or large. He was a true abortionist and didn't play around. It wasn't like he forced those women to have the child, not knowing what he would do with the little screaming thing?!?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But in reality, you have no clue either way.
Even in cases of coercion, the choice resides with the pregnant woman. She also has the choice to IGNORE or LEAVE the asshole insisting she abort, rather than terminate a wanted pregnancy. If the person threatens her, she has the choice to take out a restraining order against that person, and the choice to press assault charges. She is not FORCED to abort. She can't be. She's the one signing the paperwork.
LOL I should have read ahead.

Not like this isn't something that comes up constantly as if they think the answer will change if they keep bringing the same bullshit up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are choices that effect others lives.
Bullshit. The woman having an abortion today in New York city will NEVER affect you or anyone beyond her immediate circle in ANY way, shape or form. Period.

No matter how much they suppress their feelings, many come away with guilt and regret,
Again, you're full of shit.

You TRYING to IMPOSE guilt and regreat on women, doesn't mean they feel that way. In fact, MOST do not.

imnotsorry.net
It is still kinda sad, that there is no limit, you can't even kill full grown deer, or catch full grown fish at that rate. Sad.
WTF are you babbling about now?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But in reality, you have no clue either way.
Even in cases of coercion, the choice resides with the pregnant woman. She also has the choice to IGNORE or LEAVE the asshole insisting she abort, rather than terminate a wanted pregnancy. If the person threatens her, she has the choice to take out a restraining order against that person, and the choice to press assault charges. She is not FORCED to abort. She can't be. She's the one signing the paperwork.
And yet there are battered women. And young girls run by their pimps. Etc..they are victims. Not s lot of choice there..no sympathy for these women?

Legally they have a choice. But in reality their abusers can push them into getting rid od the proof of tape..prostitution. or just plain inconvenient babies..What a wonderful thing this is tor men who abuse women. And young girls..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many women are killed by someone that they have a restraining order against?
@@ Percentage wise, not many actually. Less than 1 half of 1% of women that have restraining orders are murdered by the person the restraining order is against according to the Justice Department.

Your melodramatic bullshit aside, the POINT is that this has NOTHING to do with abortion. Period.

You're an IDIOT Inkstain.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean her embryo/fetus.
We've been through this before, Witless. Ignoring the answer just to ask the question again doesn't say much for your integrity.
Because the SCOTUS gave the states the right to see to their own interests after viability. They may place limits, so long as her health/life are not in danger, or there is something wrong with the fetus, in which case they CANNOT place limits on her choice.
By the way, not all states do so.
The only parties that have civil rights are the woman, and the state. Not the fetus.
Isn't the state acting in the interest of the fetus?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy would the numbers "stagger" anyone? There are OVER 4 MILLION births in a year. The number of abortions is down significantly, less than 300,000 in the last year there are records for. 286K to be close to exact. The percentage of births to abortions is what's staggering.

Mind your own damn business son. Not ONE of those abortions happening this year will affect YOU in ANY way. THAT is a fact.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Approximately 3500 women will make a choice to end their pregnancies. And approximately three times as many will make the choice to CONTINUE their pregnancies.
No, the numbers don't stagger me, because I realize two things...
a)It's always a question of one woman making a choice for one pregnancy, and
b)It's none of my business.
I should care what Hillary Clinton says, why, exactly?

3500 in how much time. The CDC States 800 thou for 2008 . I tried to find an unbiased site. Found it on wikipedia..I know some sites slant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many women are killed by someone that they have a restraining order against?
Lots. Most of them, because they hung around mooning after the perp, and taking his calls for awhile, when they should have been relocating to another state and changing their number - or killing the sonofabitch before he could kill them.

Do you know how many holes there are in your ceiling tile?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no ill will toward any man or woman. People may make the choices they will, but what's the difference?
We tell folks that like to drink "don't drive " "act responsible " "get a sober person to drive " and with all the world has to offer, from taxi cabs, sober friends, even some who volunteer to drive drunks around,there is no excuse for anyone to be driving while drunk, correct? If they do and they get caught, what happens? If they wreck and hurt or kill others, what happens? Not good, all day long this still goes on, and untill texting took the number 1 spot, it was booze related crashes. Should we stand up for the drunks, and say so what?? They mowed down a couple of kids on the way to the park -should they be punished, for a long time becouse of one little slip???
Same thing -with all this world has to offer, and please don't tell me how much they fail, if used properly, they work fine. Even cpeter addmits to having more encounters then I have had in.pills, yet clean as a whistle, becouse he practices safe sex.
The numbers alone should make anyone think "WHAT ARE WE DOING /ALLOWING "yet the human mind can't wrap itself around such a deal, so you must tell yourself, it is only one woman making a medical choice on their own.
Gtown, you're a MORON. STop trying to compare drunk driving with the personal, private medical decision to abort. A decision that does not and will not affect you in ANY way, shape or form.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 275,441 - 275,460 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••