Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,974
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#292027 Apr 9, 2013
REALITY SUCKS FOR TEENAGE MOTHERS

http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...

by Melody Landeros, February 1, 2011

Many people read with disbelief the recent story of ninety teenage mothers or mothers to be at one school in Tennessee. Others walk by the checkout counters and see headlines such as one MTV mother doesn't know who exactly is the father of her baby. More people tune into MTV and watch the latest installment of Teen Mother 2. Ask a teenager and they know of at least one pregnant person in high school. With a country that has so much information and supplies about pregnancy prevention, how do we explain this atmosphere that condones, and encourages young girls to get pregnant as young as twelve.

Many people will say blame the media that projects this illusionary picture of teen motherhood as though it is tough, the pregnancy will workout some way in a positive manner for the young mother. Maybe the pregnancy will and maybe the opposite outcome will occur, but once the cameras are turned off the question becomes how did these young women end up in such life changing situations?

Does peer pressure cause young girls to become women too fast? When the mentality of everyone doing it or an acceptance that somehow being sexually active is a rite of passage at such an early age, many girls have intimate relationships long before they are mentally and emotionally ready to handle the responsibility and the consequences of these choices. Many mistaken sex for love and instead of realizing that sex is an expression of love.

Their need for acceptance and love is so great that if that relationship doesn't fill that void in them, they mistakenly believe a baby will fill that void, when the void can truly only be filled by themselves. Self-love and acceptance will fill the void, not sexual trysts or babies. These young women do not realize that a baby is a life altering event and once mothers, all the self-centeredness of teenage years, the parties, the dances, the going out, are gone and life revolves around the baby who is completely dependent on a mother.

Not only does the expectant mother have a life altering event, so do the family and friends that surround them. Friends may be excited in the beginning with their pregnant friend, eagerly anticipating the birth and the few weeks that follow, but life will again flow for their friends. These friends will continue to be teenagers and have that semi-carefree life, and not wish to be tied down with a friend with a baby. Sounds cruel, but this choice is a reality many teen mothers experience.

Click on link below to read the story in its entirety.

http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...
Ocean56

AOL

#292028 Apr 9, 2013
For all the prochoicers here; have you all noticed that in just about all cases of teen pregnancy, it is usually the girl who gets blamed for getting pregnant but almost never the guy who GOT her pregnant? I have, and it drives me nuts. The idea of blaming ONLY the girl is idiotic, but most anti-choice morons are BACKWARD enough to support it.

Personally, I think the question of WHOSE idea was it to have sex in the first place really needs to be asked in these cases. I believe it DOES matter, because after all, it takes TWO people, a girl AND a guy, to create a pregnancy.

That being said, I also think it is vital for girls to realize that whatever dreams they have of a college/vocational education and a job/career after that could easily be destroyed if they make the mistake of having sex and possibly getting pregnant.

IMO the most important question a girl who has dreams of education and career after high school must ask herself is: "is having sex worth having all my education and career dreams ruined if I get pregnant?" The obvious answer to that is "NO, it is NOT worth the risk of getting pregnant and then being stuck with a baby. It is NOT worth my having to give up all my dreams of a good education and career. So I will NOT do it, even if a guy says he'll break up with me."

Asking and answering that ONE vital question could make it much easier for a girl to dump an immature boyfriend who keeps pressuring her to have sex. Guys who keep pressuring girls to have sex before they've even graduated high school aren't worth keeping as boyfriends in the first place. So ladies, if a guy threatens to break up with you if you don't have sex with him, DON'T give in. Break up with HIM instead.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#292031 Apr 9, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
http://www.medicinenet.com/pre gnancy_preeclampsia_and_eclamp sia/article.htm
"Preeclampsia occurs after the 20th week of pregnancy and can even occur in the days following birth."
IF PCers cared about facts, looked it up, and IF they could understand what they read, they'd see that not one reputable medical site states abortion is needed or is treatment, for any reason, for preeclampsia or eclampsia.
As usual, you're wrong Lynne.

If YOU cared about facts, you'd learn to comprehend what you read, and understand that SOMETIMES, abortion IS the "cure".

Plenty of reputable medical sites DO discuss ending the pregnancy - SOME even use the word abortion as I've proven.

" http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp... ;

"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery,"

"Once the course of preeclampsia has begun, it cannot be reversed and the health of the mother must be constantly weighed against the health of the baby. In some cases, the baby must be delivered immediately, regardless of gestational age, to save the mother's and/or baby's life."

http://www.preeclampsia.org/health-informatio...

Read 'for comprehenstion' Lynnekins. Is the Pre-eclampsia Foundation reputable enough for you? No, they dont use the WORD abortion, but its CLEARLY what they're talking about.

http://www.parentingnation.in/Pregnancy/pre-e...

"Obstetric measures

Therapeutic abortion: in severe cases not responding to treatment.
Preterm delivery if there is:
marked deterioration of the underlying disease.
indication for termination as in pre-eclampsia if it is superimposed.
intrauterine growth retardation.
Delivery at 37 completed weeks as intrauterine foetal death may result from deteriorating placental functions."

http://www.gfmer.ch/Obstetrics_simplified/Hyp...

So as usual Lynnekins - you're not only wrong - you're STUPIDLY wrong.

Tho I do admit its amusing as hell to watch you make an ass of yourself in your stubborness to admit ANYONE has a viable point that goes against your stupidity.

"•The only safest way to cure pre-eclampsia is to abort or deliver the child. If pre-eclampsia is not very serious, then a woman can continue with her pregnancy and deliver her baby normally. In case the problem is very serious, premature delivery of the baby takes place."

Location hidden

#292032 Apr 9, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
Gee. One ignorant liar takes a break Ink, and the other OCD freak who is an even BIGGER liar comes back, lily or lynne or whatever name she's using today.
They must work in shifts. I wonder if Topix pays them? Because there' has to be at least ONE psychotic PL'er here at all times.
ROFLMAO! Yeah, they have each other on speed dial....

Location hidden

#292033 Apr 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise."
But you were there, lilLynne!
Doesn't matter that I've already stated I don't know ( I __ DON'T __ KNOW ) if the fetus expired in utero.
Guess you must have stepped out of the room when my mother didn't tell me what I don't know.
Ya ol' crab.
Dontcha know STO, that because you didn't state EVERY WORD the way she wanted you to, you MUST be lying?@@

Not to mention she ignores what words you DID state very clearly that doesn't fit Lynne's agenda?
Katie

Renton, WA

#292034 Apr 9, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you're wrong Lynne.
If YOU cared about facts, you'd learn to comprehend what you read, and understand that SOMETIMES, abortion IS the "cure".
Plenty of reputable medical sites DO discuss ending the pregnancy - SOME even use the word abortion as I've proven.
" http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp... ;
"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery,"
"Once the course of preeclampsia has begun, it cannot be reversed and the health of the mother must be constantly weighed against the health of the baby. In some cases, the baby must be delivered immediately, regardless of gestational age, to save the mother's and/or baby's life."
http://www.preeclampsia.org/health-informatio...
Read 'for comprehenstion' Lynnekins. Is the Pre-eclampsia Foundation reputable enough for you? No, they dont use the WORD abortion, but its CLEARLY what they're talking about.
http://www.parentingnation.in/Pregnancy/pre-e...
"Obstetric measures
Therapeutic abortion: in severe cases not responding to treatment.
Preterm delivery if there is:
marked deterioration of the underlying disease.
indication for termination as in pre-eclampsia if it is superimposed.
intrauterine growth retardation.
Delivery at 37 completed weeks as intrauterine foetal death may result from deteriorating placental functions."
http://www.gfmer.ch/Obstetrics_simplified/Hyp...
So as usual Lynnekins - you're not only wrong - you're STUPIDLY wrong.
Tho I do admit its amusing as hell to watch you make an ass of yourself in your stubborness to admit ANYONE has a viable point that goes against your stupidity.
"•The only safest way to cure pre-eclampsia is to abort or deliver the child. If pre-eclampsia is not very serious, then a woman can continue with her pregnancy and deliver her baby normally. In case the problem is very serious, premature delivery of the baby takes place."
"The only safest way to cure pre-eclampsia is to abort or deliver the child. If pre-eclampsia is not very serious, then a woman can continue with her pregnancy and deliver her baby normally. In case the problem is very serious, premature delivery of the baby takes place."

My youngest was born under these circumstances. After I was admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve following an OB appt. My oldest went full term, but the pre-ecclampsia began rearing its ugly head toward the end of that pregnancy. My second full term pregnancy was designated high risk right toward the end of the first trimester due to protein in my urine. Why that op acts as if I don't know what I'm talking about is beyond me. Apparently STO is right. She was there, a fly on the wall, during all my OB appts.

:-|
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#292036 Apr 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you don't understand BraveSpammer's post. Have a small child explain to you that "post birth abortion" and "post birth terminations" means the same thing. And then they can explain to you that both are non-existent.
The problem is that the poster had the wrong sequence of words. The poster was probably trying to say "post abortion birth". There are times when the aborted fetus shows signs of life.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#292037 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality

United States

#292038 Apr 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you don't understand BraveSpammer's post. Have a small child explain to you that "post birth abortion" and "post birth terminations" means the same thing. And then they can explain to you that both are non-existent.
don't put quotes around a term that the poster did not use. it's deceitful.
since abortion means the termination of a pregnancy your explanation why a post birth abortion is not possible, is accurate. please explain similarly how a post birth termination is not possible.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#292039 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't put quotes around a term that the poster did not use. it's deceitful.
since abortion means the termination of a pregnancy your explanation why a post birth abortion is not possible, is accurate. please explain similarly how a post birth termination is not possible.
It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#292040 Apr 9, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
That was hilarious!
worships reality

United States

#292041 Apr 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
<quoted text>
wrong twit. katie made it relevant when she tried to establish a self defense justification for abortion. she made the analogy, not me. and it failed, on every level possible.
abortion, since it involves killing human life, constitutes deadly force. your contention that since any pregnancy has the potential of going "south at any time", warrants the use of deadly force is horseshit. you don't get to exercise deadly force in the name of self defense on the basis of a potential threat. any person walking toward you on the street represents a potential threat. the vast majority however, are not threats at all. you don't get to shoot the person preemptively solely for the reason that you think he "may" pose a threat.
in the future weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
worships reality

United States

#292042 Apr 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.
sorry but she said post birth abortion and post birth termination were the same thing. if you think she meant something else then raise the issue with her not me. in the meantime let her explain what she said and not what you think she meant, ok cowboy?
bitlerisalwayswr ong

Falls City, NE

#292043 Apr 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.
Wow, that is so cold hearted. Ever think that the Image and Likeness of God should be respected? You know abortion is destroying the Image and Likeness of God. So if you support abortion you are supporting a very, very evil act of destroying God's own Likeness and Image Even if the child is unborn or just born and takes a breath. Do you hate God so much you want to destroy God's Image?
Katie

Renton, WA

#292045 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong twit. katie made it relevant when she tried to establish a self defense justification for abortion. she made the analogy, not me. and it failed, on every level possible.
abortion, since it involves killing human life, constitutes deadly force. your contention that since any pregnancy has the potential of going "south at any time", warrants the use of deadly force is horseshit. you don't get to exercise deadly force in the name of self defense on the basis of a potential threat. any person walking toward you on the street represents a potential threat. the vast majority however, are not threats at all. you don't get to shoot the person preemptively solely for the reason that you think he "may" pose a threat.
in the future weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
You were talking about it in the criminal sense. Cptr and I are both discussing it in the medical sense. It's you who should, "...weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about."
STO

Vallejo, CA

#292046 Apr 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so combative in your irrationality?
Have you missed the posts claiming abortion medically means pregnancy ending prior to term? Doesn't matter if it's by delivery or by D&E. Same/same.
Why so uptight?
Ain't she, tho? Gone for awhile and comes back just as bitchy as ever.
Katie

Renton, WA

#292047 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but she said post birth abortion and post birth termination were the same thing. if you think she meant something else then raise the issue with her not me. in the meantime let her explain what she said and not what you think she meant, ok cowboy?
He's answering your question. The last line of your posts asked and he answered. All that crap above is just crap, a distraction. Why so quarrelsome?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#292048 Apr 9, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dontcha know STO, that because you didn't state EVERY WORD the way she wanted you to, you MUST be lying?@@
Not to mention she ignores what words you DID state very clearly that doesn't fit Lynne's agenda?
She hates me. And you. And Katie. And La (her faaaavorite!)

It's palpable.

Course she doesn't know us from years ago, so theoretically would have no reason to hate us so much...("I'm not Lynne! Really! I'm not!) lol

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#292051 Apr 9, 2013
Why? Here you are, and you've never had a fu**ing clue in your tawdry little life.

Legally, there is no such thing as deadly force against a fetus, as the fetus is not a legal person. A woman--just like a man--can assess a medical condition and whether they wish to treat it or not based on risk factors; she loses no autonomy just because her uterus works.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#292052 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This was discussed long ago in relation to Obama's position while a Senator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 1,153,940
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 49,184
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr scirocco 71,008
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) 14 hr William Walker 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... Thu I call cops Pigs 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance