Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Jan 22, 2008 Read more: Newsday 309,574
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291857 Apr 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just a few verses. It's the very essence of how the Universe works and the Church was wrong wrong wrong.
When a doctor gives me advice I usually trust him/her because they are highly educated in the field of medicine, but these days we can also do research on our own, too.
I asked what in the bible has been disproved by science.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291858 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there.
The world is firmly established and cannot be moved
We do have sunrise and sunset and it happens everyday.
"The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there."

Cut the bullshit, Ink. The church taught that everything revolved around the Earth including the Sun, and they were wrong, and when Galileo said they were wrong he was arrested and forced to recant the truth.

And as a matter of fact the Sun, and us along with it, orbits the center of the Galaxy. The Sun is a middle-aged medium sized star and when it dies the Earth dies with it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291859 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked what in the bible has been disproved by science.
Quite a bit moron, something you'd know if you knew anything about science OR the bible.

The sun does NOT revolve around the earth for one, which the bible states MANY times.

The bat isn't a bird for another. The bible famously claimed the world was flat and has four edges.

Want more?

Anyone with a modicum of sense and intelligence doesn't need science to tell them that the earth wasn't created in 7 days.

Only idiots read the bible and take it literally.

Location hidden

#291861 Apr 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The 6000 year old earth.
Creation.
Garden of eden.
Great flood.
Insects having 4 legs.
Bats are not birds.
People living for centuries.
The list goes on and on...
<quoted text>
I just answered this as well, and noticed that you and a few others answered the question too.

Yet on the last page, just a little bit ago, the idiot Inkstain ignored ALL the responses and repeated the question yet again, as if it hadn't been quite thoroughly answered.

One more bit of evidence that Dumb As A Stump Inkstain and her ilk ignores whatever FACTS she doesn't like.

Fkn morons.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291862 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believethe Bible says that.
I believe that in the book of Joshua, Joshua needed more daylight to finish a battle. So he commanded the sun to stop moving across the heavens.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291863 Apr 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there."
Cut the bullshit, Ink. The church taught that everything revolved around the Earth including the Sun, and they were wrong, and when Galileo said they were wrong he was arrested and forced to recant the truth.
And as a matter of fact the Sun, and us along with it, orbits the center of the Galaxy. The Sun is a middle-aged medium sized star and when it dies the Earth dies with it.
We were talking about the bible.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291864 Apr 5, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that in the book of Joshua, Joshua needed more daylight to finish a battle. So he commanded the sun to stop moving across the heavens.
That would be what Joshua would believe. The bible isn't a science manual just a reflection of what people believed at the time.

God said He created the world and we know it is round but man didn't always know that and wrote accordingly.

Location hidden

#291865 Apr 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So -you're willing to bet your entire eternity on a few verses you think are wrong? A book of books, written over sooo many years, and the nay sayers can only come up with a handful of verses "they say " claim all the bible null and void.
There's a WHOLE lot more than "a handfull" idiot.
If nothing else, I used to never know, and now I do.
No, you really dont. You only THINK you do. If you are satisfied to live your pathetic life ignoring facts and preaching the bullshit you dont even follow - more power to you. DOnt expect anyone to take your hypocritical ass seriously tho.
Must you fully understand all things about all things, before you "trust? "
For many - yes. You dont get a say in that.

What you dont seem to grasp is when idiots like you spout your garbage incessently, and are so CLEARLY hypocrites - you turn people AWAY from your message.

The damage your kind do is much more than any "good" you serve.
If a human doctor told you such and such, and that you would die if you did not do such and such -would you argue with him? Would you trust Him?
What if another doctor told you the same thing, then what? Argue /trust?
You act as if "argue / trust" are the only two options, when they're not.

NORMAL intelligent people will educate themselves. Its not about arguing for most, its about education, and reaching one's own conclusion. Religion is not supposed to be about "blind faith", but about faith.

You clearly dont understand that.
Lets just say a Holy God Did send His Only Begotten Son to die for YOU.
Oh bullshit. If your g-d sent his kid to die for an idiot like you, he wasted a life. You're ridiculous.

Location hidden

#291866 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the bible.
So was LNM you moron.

Location hidden

#291867 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again moron. One more subject you dont know shit about.

FACT: The earth has changed/shifted its orbit many times.

Just ONE example.

http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/3713/

Keep going Inkstain, its HYSTERICAL when you become determined to make a fool of yourself! LOL
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291868 Apr 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again moron. One more subject you dont know shit about.
FACT: The earth has changed/shifted its orbit many times.
Just ONE example.
http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/3713/
Keep going Inkstain, its HYSTERICAL when you become determined to make a fool of yourself! LOL
We are still between Venus and Mars aren't we?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291869 Apr 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>So was LNM you moron.
No she managed to drag in the Church.

Location hidden

#291870 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believethe Bible says that.
That's because you're a DELIBERATE moron.

G-d FORBID you do 10 seconds of research BEFORE you make a fool of yourself.

Joshua 10:12-13

Ecclesiastes 1:5

1 Chronicles 16:30

For just three. Want more dumb as dirt Inkstain?

Location hidden

#291871 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still between Venus and Mars aren't we?
Nice try moron.

Your claim was "The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there.
The world is firmly established and cannot be moved.

Its moved quite a bit - science has proven that. The distance is always changing.

http://www.universetoday.com/14824/distance-f...

Oh and BTW idiot, NO we are not "between" Venus and Mars you fkn moron.

ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#291872 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No she managed to drag in the Church.
And who USES the bible you jackwit??

You started drinking early didn't you Inkstain?

Location hidden

#291873 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be what Joshua would believe. The bible isn't a science manual just a reflection of what people believed at the time.

God said He created the world and we know it is round but man didn't always know that and wrote accordingly.
Make up your mind idiot. Either your bible is the "word of g-d" or its the words of ignorant people filling a book of fiction with their ridiculous beliefs.

You asked 'what has science disproven in the bible'.

You were told by MANY people MANY things science has disproven.

Now you're making up excuses to explain the stupidity of many things your church preached as true.

You can't have it both ways Inkstain.

But its HYSTERICAL to watch you try!

LOL!!!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#291874 Apr 5, 2013
It's pretty simple. If you don't believe in abortion don't have one. Don't tell others what to do with their lives. Each side can have their views and beliefs but nobody should impose their belief on others like a Dictator.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291875 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But we can apply that to the NT also, which is complete hearsay.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291876 Apr 5, 2013
The earth and its galaxy DO move.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have sunrise and sunset and it happens everyday.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#291877 Apr 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?"
My mom's friend's daughter was 8 months along, and had to have an abortion. I was shocked and asked what happened. Preelampsia.
I know the daughter was a drug user - meth. I know she was sick for two weeks (including vomiting. don't know if she had the flu or what), and didn't see a doctor. I know her mother has custody of her daughter.
Yeah, for this pregnancy I'd say an abortion at 8 weeks would have been the better choice. Clearly, the woman had no intention of taking care of herself so she would have a healthy pregnancy.
Yes, regarding these circumstances, I agree. There's nothing anyone could've done, though. It was still her choice, her decision.

I think I've shared this here, before, but not sure. About 15yrs ago I had a coworker who admitted she and her sisters had difficulty getting pregnant. They'd thought it was because of the well water they grew up on. Seems an inordinate amount of cancers were running through her family members' reproductive systems. So when her sister got pregnant, in her late 30s or early 40s, my coworker was ecstatic!! The whole family was.

And then, several months later, tragedy struck. She was losing the pregnancy. And she chose to terminate rather than wait for nature to take its course. She wanted to try to get pregnant again as soon as she was healthy.

It was so sad. I had all kinds of crazy thoughts. But absolutely no control. It wasn't my situation. It was hers. And she was doing what was best for her, best for her family.

Every time some state adds a new restriction to their long list of restrictions, I think back on this time. My former coworker's sister was lucky in that she was given a choice. And she had the freedom to make her choice.

Now women (and their physicians) are having to comply with all these crazy restrictions that seem to create lose/lose situations. How can that be healthy for anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Timmy 1,216,348
News Malloy announces Wentzell as education commissi... 46 min American Gentlema... 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,598
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr TOASTER 19,829
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr litesong 52,689
News Barbie turns 50, but dolls forever young in eye... (Feb '09) 6 hr vib_ram 13
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr Concerned 71,938

Fire Weather Watch for Hartford County was issued at April 17 at 3:47PM EDT

More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]