Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,954
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291658 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We know that Gosnell wasn't typical, just as we know that the majority of medical facilities operate within health guidelines. They are all routinely inspected, at least they are in my state. Abortion providers are not treated differently than any other health clinic, here. Maybe you should campaign for better state regulations and practices in your state.
"We know that Gosnell wasn't typical, just as we know that the majority of medical facilities operate within health guidelines."

I can only hope that you are right, but I think that there are more where he came from.

Location hidden

#291659 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
You gotta love the assumption that just because I support marriage equality (hence my avatar) that I must be a gay man, huh?
I guess that means that I'm gay too.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291660 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have to support the rights of the one being killed.
. Since zefs don't have rights, the woman doing the gestating gets to make the call.

YOU don't have to support anything. Nobody cares.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291661 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to be able to understand that you aren't important to me nor is what you think about God or religion. Hope this isn't a letdown to you.
Obviously you're lying, since you keep responding here, you clearly DO care- to the point of obsession

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#291662 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"We know that Gosnell wasn't typical, just as we know that the majority of medical facilities operate within health guidelines."
I can only hope that you are right, but I think that there are more where he came from.
There are substandard health clinics of all types. Why are you more worried about abortion providers than you are about your local hospital very possibly being guilty of spreading staph, c-diff and MRSA to their patients? The latter is a huge problem. I'm surprised you don't know about it.

Location hidden

#291664 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>There are substandard health clinics of all types. Why are you more worried about abortion providers than you are about your local hospital very possibly being guilty of spreading staph, c-diff and MRSA to their patients? The latter is a huge problem. I'm surprised you don't know about it.
1) Are you're saying that I shouldn't care about safety of abortion "clinics"?

2) Who says that I ignore the same problems in other healthcare facilities?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291665 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a second:
"Semika Shaw was "just coming into her own as a young woman," Davidson said, when she died in 2002 from an infection caused by a botched abortion in Gosnell's West Philadelphia clinic."
http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-16/news/30...
"I'm saying there were alot more powerful people that could have and should have closed him down long before the NAF entered that facility."
I don't disagree, but here's their mission statement:
"The mission of the National Abortion Federation is to ensure safe, legal, and accessible abortion care, which promotes health and justice for women."
http://www.prochoice.org/about_naf/mission.ht...
I guess that they forgot about the safe part.
But but but. It is not their role to routinely inspect all abortion providers Sue. It is not their role to report to the state, or federal authorities of their findings. It is only their responsibility to keep abortion facilities like Gosnells out of the NAF and they did that when they rejected his application. They are not criminally responsible no matter how many "buts" you come with. Two women died? Both died before the NAF was involved. How many died after the inspection?

Location hidden

#291666 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, bad example. Try this one:
Your sister is planning to use a birthing center. This birthing center had been inspected by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and they found conditions similar to Gosnell's "clinic"; anesthia being administered by untrained people, dirty conditions, emergency equipment not usable, etc-none of this reported to the proper authorities. Your sister dies and her baby is killed. Do you think that the American College of Nurse-Midwives would be at all responsible?
Well of course Sue, but here's the point you're missing. The ACNM inspected the facility before my sister died not after. Big difference.

Location hidden

#291667 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
And why was that?
"Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."
http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...
Because of politics, I don't disagree with you.

Location hidden

#291668 Apr 2, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, ink said said her grandson was born dead at 20 weeks and was 10 inches long. foo said it was 6 inches long. foo was corrected. foo knew she was wrong and hasn't opened her mouth since. katie is now arguing something foo never said....duhhhhhhhhhh.
What is the importance of arguing over the length? A point Katie made to you a few posts back. Whether it's 6 inches long, 11 inches or it was or wasn't held in somebody's arms is not important. You could care less. You would rather talk about Foo which is my point.

Atrisco Village

#291669 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Are you're saying that I shouldn't care about safety of abortion "clinics"?Of course, not, and my comment can't be interpreted that I do. 2) Who says that I ignore the same problems in other healthcare facilities?
If I'm wrong, good. In that case, you know that it's far more likely that an unsafe family clinic will have an effect on your community, than an abortion provider. Of course, it doesn't have the shock value of Gosnell, does it?

Location hidden

#291670 Apr 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>But but but. It is not their role to routinely inspect all abortion providers Sue. It is not their role to report to the state, or federal authorities of their findings. It is only their responsibility to keep abortion facilities like Gosnells out of the NAF and they did that when they rejected his application. They are not criminally responsible no matter how many "buts" you come with. Two women died? Both died before the NAF was involved. How many died after the inspection?
OK, so the NAF is really just a country club for abortionists. Thanks for clearing that up.

Location hidden

#291671 Apr 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well of course Sue, but here's the point you're missing. The ACNM inspected the facility before my sister died not after. Big difference.
Babies were still being killed AFTER the NAF inspection.

Atrisco Village

#291672 Apr 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>But but but. It is not their role to routinely inspect all abortion providers Sue. It is not their role to report to the state, or federal authorities of their findings. It is only their responsibility to keep abortion facilities like Gosnells out of the NAF and they did that when they rejected his application. They are not criminally responsible no matter how many "buts" you come with. Two women died? Both died before the NAF was involved. How many died after the inspection?
She keeps ignoring the question of how the NAF is criminally responsible for the facility staying open. I personally think that the NAF is ethically wrong for not reporting the clinic to the state, if it's true that it didn't. Ethics and legality are two different things.

Location hidden

#291673 Apr 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Because of politics, I don't disagree with you.
Thank you.

Location hidden

#291674 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not like suspected child abuse, where the reporting is mandatory. They did an inspection for their own purposes, the clinic didn't meet the criteria, so they didn't grant them membership. They are not a state reporting agency, they merely have a membership of clinics that meet their own standards to recommend to women who call looking. It's really simple. Did the inspector tell her immediate superiors in the NAF? Because I don't remember if any article ever said. Did she, or anyone at the NAF KNOW that the clinic was NOT being inspected by the state? She wants to pretend they are just as culpable as the state when they are not, and can't let go of this particular bone. And when she began, she was trying to use it to "prove" that PCers don't really care about women, implying that our "leadership" (the NAF) doesn't really care, and we weren't taking them to task for it here on Topix, that's all.
Point on.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291675 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so the NAF is really just a country club for abortionists. Thanks for clearing that up.
And there's the snark. Congratulations, you've proven you don't want real discussion, just someone to agree with your erroneous conclusions.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291676 Apr 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Point on.

Location hidden

#291677 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can blame the NAF for anything you want. I also think the NAF had an ethical obligation to report that clinic to the state. You stated that the NAF is "criminally responsible." I'm wondering if you can prove that a law was broken by the organization. There's a difference between an ethical responsibility and a legal responsibility.
Exactly.

Location hidden

#291678 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm wrong, good. In that case, you know that it's far more likely that an unsafe family clinic will have an effect on your community, than an abortion provider. Of course, it doesn't have the shock value of Gosnell, does it?

Wow, you really floored me with this post. You really don't care about women at all. To imply that unsafe conditions at an abortion "clinic" shouldn't be addressed because there are unsafe conditions elsewhere proves that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min positronium 1,153,421
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,880
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... 1 hr I call cops Pigs 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr auntiesemite 70,992
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 13 hr WilliamB41 11
Merry Christmas everyone. 22 hr teri 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Wed kal 49,174
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]