Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Jan 22, 2008 Read more: Newsday 309,598
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291596 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't understand the 'pertinent' part of the conversation. It was about whether the child was a 'human being' or as foo said just a dead fetus. s about placing value on human life. As I said before, people like gosnell are able to continue because he is doing what he was paid for, killing babies and no one was complaining if they were killed slightly after birth.
Technically, it is a dead fetus. To anyone outside the family circle, it is a dead fetus.

So when you attempt to use/exploit your daughter's or daughter-in-law's spontaneous abortion as an example of your POV that ALL fetuses are human beings when this is not technically correct, you will be corrected.

If you're going to be offended by it, then don't exploit somebody else's miscarriage.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291597 Apr 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, that happens when you post from morning to night every day.
<quoted text>
More like your one brain cell is sticking to your ear wax.
You should know...
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291598 Apr 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say nothing in scripture has come to pass.
Stop lying y'dumb bitch.
I pointed out what DIDNT come to pass, and without meeting ALL of the prophicies, he didn't meet the criteria. FACT.
The crap on the link you posted weren't prophicies moron, as I also proved.
<quoted text>
In your case, its dead brain cell talking.
Not believing in a faith doesn't mean there's an inablitiy to discuss scripture.
YOU dont know shit about your OWN scriputre as you've shown.
You don't know jack about your own religion , foo l.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291599 Apr 2, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Sadly they only seem to hear them from the mouths of Republican candidates, and it only takes a statement to outrage the press. Can’t they find a single abortion outrage inside an abortion clinic? Such is their radicalism that nothing, absolutely nothing regarding this gruesome procedure raises their eyebrows, never mind their ire.
One emerging story proves the degree to which our “objective” media's views on abortion are dogmatic and extreme. Abortionist Kermit Gosnell is on trial in Philadelphia, and not just for killing babies outside the womb, but also for killing a mother through reckless use of anesthesia. Network TV coverage of the trial? Zero on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, and PBS. CNN’s entire coverage seems to be one sentence from Jake Tapper on March 21.
The New York Times wrote one story before the trial began on March 19 (buried on page A-17). The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and USA Today couldn’t be “national” newspapers and report this trial.
They’re not unaware of it. CBS aired one story after the initial clinic raid in 2011. NBC offered 50 words. CBS even passed along that Gosnell's clinic was described as a "house of horrors." Now it’s in court, and the networks can't find any horrors.
Take the Associated Press report, which appeared on CBSNews.com :“The amount of drugs given to Karnamaya Mongar -- at least as suggested by the nearly illegible clinic note -- was likely to put her in a coma,” said Dr. Andrew Herlich, a medical-school professor.
Mongar was a very sympathetic figure. A native of Bhutan, she weighed less than 100 pounds, spoke no English, and had lived for decades in refugee camps in Nepal before coming to America four months before her death. But the storyline wasn’t lining up with the media’s feminist prejudices. Their “war on women” narrative didn’t include her.
I'll give you a story that falls in line with the media's narrative supporting the plight of women: on November 14, 2012, NBC News aired a report from Ireland, where Indian immigrant Savita Halapanavar died of blood poisoning after seeking an abortion. NBC blamed the government, because the woman and her husband “pleaded for an abortion but were refused because the fetus still had a heartbeat. This is a Catholic country, they were told.”
NBC never returned to the story as hospital officials reported previous “terminations” to save the mother’s life and denied a “Catholic ethos.” To listen to this network is to conclude that abortionists don’t kill women. Catholics do.
You can also see the anti-Catholic animus determining which trials are newsworthy in Philadelphia. On May 23, 2012, the “CBS Evening News” began with the trial of Monsignor William Lynn, accused of covering up child sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Scott Pelley wasn’t shy about letting the prosecutor speak, as she compared the Catholic Church to the Nazis at Nuremberg.
But when a pro-lifer uses Holocaust metaphors for an abortion clinic, he is condemned.
The trial testimony is graphic, and should make “choice” advocates sick to their stomachs. Again, see the AP:“A medical assistant told a jury Tuesday that she snipped the spines of at least 10 babies during unorthodox abortions at a West Philadelphia clinic, at the direction of the clinic’s owner.”
Later, AP mangled the medical facts:“Abortions are typically performed in utero.” When babies are killed over a toilet, as alleged in this trial, this is not an “unorthodox abortion” of a “fetus.” This is a baby who is born and then murdered. Liberals claim to revere “science,” but this trial is not about tiny “zygotes.” It’s about viable babies.
Cont...
What I find interesting is that the bit configuration for "apostrophe" in this person's computer doesn't match the Topix configuration. This is true for other grammatic symbols.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291601 Apr 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, it is a dead fetus. To anyone outside the family circle, it is a dead fetus.
So when you attempt to use/exploit your daughter's or daughter-in-law's spontaneous abortion as an example of your POV that ALL fetuses are human beings when this is not technically correct, you will be corrected.
If you're going to be offended by it, then don't exploit somebody else's miscarriage.
The offspring of a human being is a human being. I don't know what species you think the fetus is.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291602 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The offspring of a human being is a human being. I don't know what species you think the fetus is.
"Human being" is not a species. Homo Sapiens Sapiens is our species, AKA Human. "Human being" is a philosophical/religious designation.

And "offspring" has already sprung off, AKA been born.

As Katie said, you exploited someone's miscarriage for your own agenda, and then got all offended when it didn't elicit the emotional response you wanted. Tough.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291603 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Human being" is not a species. Homo Sapiens Sapiens is our species, AKA Human. "Human being" is a philosophical/religious designation.
And "offspring" has already sprung off, AKA been born.
As Katie said, you exploited someone's miscarriage for your own agenda, and then got all offended when it didn't elicit the emotional response you wanted. Tough.
Okay it is a homo sapiens sapiens aka human. Offspring also refers to fetus. So I will call it 'human' fetus just to make you happy.

Humans of any age should not have be disposed of at mom's whim.

Don't kid yourself, who would expect to get an emotional response from women who don't have any. My only point was that he was my grandson and human and big enough to hold in my arms if you measure the complete child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291604 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay it is a homo sapiens sapiens aka human. Offspring also refers to fetus. So I will call it 'human' fetus just to make you happy.
Humans of any age should not have be disposed of at mom's whim.
Don't kid yourself, who would expect to get an emotional response from women who don't have any. My only point was that he was my grandson and human and big enough to hold in my arms if you measure the complete child.
Your opinion. No one else has to care about it, or debate as though it's fact.

A fetus is defined as the unborn offspring of any number of species. Unborn being the keyword there. Which makes an offspring born.

Just because your ploy didn't work, doesn't mean we don't have emotions. It just means we're aware your tactics, and refusing to let your melodrama dictate the conversation.

I don't give a sh*t about the measurements. I never said anything about it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291605 Apr 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion. No one else has to care about it, or debate as though it's fact.
A fetus is defined as the unborn offspring of any number of species. Unborn being the keyword there. Which makes an offspring born.
Just because your ploy didn't work, doesn't mean we don't have emotions. It just means we're aware your tactics, and refusing to let your melodrama dictate the conversation.
I don't give a sh*t about the measurements. I never said anything about it.
Unborn offspring
Unborn baby
Unborn child

All the same.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291607 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Unborn offspring
Unborn baby
Unborn child
All the same.
Not really.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#291608 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A spontanious abortion isn't a deliberate act. Thankfully we live in a country where we can work to change laws.
The thing is, Sue, is that when you support a ban on abortion, you support the superseding of rights of the unborn over the rights of the born... the rights of the fetus over the rights of the woman. Is that okay with you?

Atrisco Village

#291609 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Grand Jury is correct in who is criminally responsible."
If you went to any other clinic and your child's spine was severed, then you found out that there were people who knew about it yet failed to report it, would you consider them "criminally responsible"? If this happened in any other medical setting, they would be.
I'm not sure that your last sentence is true. Are you sure those people would be committing a criminal act, a crime?

Atrisco Village

#291610 Apr 2, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, bad example. Try this one:
Your sister is planning to use a birthing center. This birthing center had been inspected by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and they found conditions similar to Gosnell's "clinic"; anesthia being administered by untrained people, dirty conditions, emergency equipment not usable, etc-none of this reported to the proper authorities. Your sister dies and her baby is killed. Do you think that the American College of Nurse-Midwives would be at all responsible?
Ethically, yes, but you specifically used the term, "criminally responsible."

Atrisco Village

#291611 Apr 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in what people of other faiths or of no faith ve to say about mine.
Good, then your personal religious beliefs will not be relevant to this secular nation's laws and you shouldn't demand that they are. Just making sure that you understand that.

Atrisco Village

#291612 Apr 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to be offended by it, then don't exploit somebody else's life miscarriage.
Funny how she can't take the harshness that she dishes out. She's a hypocrite.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291613 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ethically, yes, but you specifically used the term, "criminally responsible."
It's not like suspected child abuse, where the reporting is mandatory. They did an inspection for their own purposes, the clinic didn't meet the criteria, so they didn't grant them membership. They are not a state reporting agency, they merely have a membership of clinics that meet their own standards to recommend to women who call looking. It's really simple. Did the inspector tell her immediate superiors in the NAF? Because I don't remember if any article ever said. Did she, or anyone at the NAF KNOW that the clinic was NOT being inspected by the state? She wants to pretend they are just as culpable as the state when they are not, and can't let go of this particular bone. And when she began, she was trying to use it to "prove" that PCers don't really care about women, implying that our "leadership" (the NAF) doesn't really care, and we weren't taking them to task for it here on Topix, that's all.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291614 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, Sue, is that when you support a ban on abortion, you support the superseding of rights of the unborn over the rights of the born... the rights of the fetus over the rights of the woman. Is that okay with you?
I think you have to support the rights of the one being killed.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291615 Apr 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Good, then your personal religious beliefs will not be relevant to this secular nation's laws and you shouldn't demand that they are. Just making sure that you understand that.
The laws change.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291616 Apr 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the duty of the STATE to do the reporting idiot. They failed, yes, everyone has acknowledged this. However the BIGGER failure, the more important one, is the STATES failures.
But no one is defending the state in their neglect, but they are defending the NAF.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291617 Apr 2, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, but it would still fall under your blanket statement/desire that "abortion should be illegal because it ends a human life.
What???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,216,562
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr timmy 71,939
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cheftell 69,599
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Mothra 52,693
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Akingu 19,830
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) 14 hr vib_ram 558
News Malloy announces Wentzell as education commissi... 16 hr American Gentlema... 1

Fire Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 18 at 4:16AM EDT

More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]