Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,661 - 273,680 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291281 Mar 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not understand the word of God, that has been obvious for some time now. You, like the other pagans, are actually a cult of hate. Your hatred of Christians is so great that it is easy to relate to the time of Christ when the Jewish leaders feared this Man so much they needed the Romans to kill him during a very holy season. We know he died for all the sins of all people, even yours pagan. Saint Paul has made the path clear but your eyes cannot see.
He has and continues to fufuill prophecy, since he is th eeternally living God. Another thing you cna't understand. Your heart is hardened to the Truth and Satan fills your lungs. You hate those of the Fatih but they are the very people who pray for you and may save your soul.
Happy Easter, For He has Risen!
I was in a church on Holy Thursday and the Priest read the portion of Exodus that gives God's instuctions on conducting the Passover meal. I had followed those instructions. But did you?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291282 Mar 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the fundies envy our freedom.
You will envy ours when you are suffering in hell and we will live in Paradise.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291283 Mar 30, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying that abortion is unequal because of the unborn. We think that we can stop a heartbeat of a child because its a "woman's right." If you're saying that if we overturn Roe v Wade we will be discriminating women, you're wrong because abortion isn't a woman's issue, it's a human rights issue, like slavery. You can't own a slave just like you can't own a fetus.
No it is her choice, that is her right. She doesn't have the right to abort, she has the right to choose.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291284 Mar 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson was born at 20 weeks. He was still born but I guarantee you that he was every bit a human being.
His name was Julian. Maybe if your held a child like that in your arms, you wouldn't be so hardassed.
I've experienced three live births and two spontaneous abortions. One was ectopic, one was at 23 weeks. We've been over this before. I've asked you in the past to speak with parents, as I have, who've experienced both miscarriages and deaths of children.

The grief surrounding these different deaths is also different.

Grief regarding the death of a loved child is about memories of that child, dreams and plans the child had and had shared with others. Memories of what the child experienced, of watching the child experience these.

The grief surrounding fetal death is but of dreams and plans that never came to be experienced.

If you really to listen to parents who've experienced both kinds of death, you will begin to pick up on the nuance of grief surrounding death of a child. It is not self-centered.

You may think that's harsh, and maybe it is, but it's truth. And you need a large dose of it, imo.

"Babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. After that, they are measured from head to heel. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against the torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.

Weight: 10.6 ounces - 300 grams
Length:
(crown to rump) 6.5 inches - 16.5 cm
(crown to heel) 10 inches - 25.5 cm."
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week20.ht...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291285 Mar 30, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>You will envy ours when you are suffering in hell and we will live in Paradise.
So God sends his children to suffer in hell? Nice.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#291287 Mar 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it makes the argument null and void. So they'll ignore and keep arguing, Bit.
Maybe it's just me, but if a PC person came on here and spoke about how they committed adultery and carried on a long term affair that resulted in a child out of wedlock and is not a part of that child's life, a lot of AC folks, particularly the extremely religious ones, would've had a field day with that and would've gone ape shit. I find their silence and/or their willingness to overlook that rather interesting.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291288 Mar 30, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's just me, but if a PC person came on here and spoke about how they committed adultery and carried on a long term affair that resulted in a child out of wedlock and is not a part of that child's life, a lot of AC folks, particularly the extremely religious ones, would've had a field day with that and would've gone ape shit. I find their silence and/or their willingness to overlook that rather interesting.
Oh no, it's not overlooked, according to SassyJM. He's using his "dark days" to teach all how he's been saved. How much "better" he is now that God's come to him and revealed all.'Cause you know, he was atheist and hated God prior to being visited by Him.

I love STO's commentary on it.

All in all, imo, Gtown sounds pretty similar to a dry drunk. One who may be sober, but is still "using his evil ways" as they say.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291289 Mar 30, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>You will envy ours when you are suffering in hell and we will live in Paradise.
Knutbar, Paradise WOULD be hell if we had to spend it anywhere that you are.
Gtown71

United States

#291290 Mar 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No you fool. I defend women's rights to their civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy. These rights cover induced abortion AS WELL AS a host of other medical issues; predominately the right to refuse futile treatment, organ donation, and being used for experimental purposes.
You guys focus on the deaths of unwanted/unhealthy embryo/fetuses to the exclusion of most all else (you also have a morbid focus on others' rights to refuse futile treatment). Then you act all superior WHILE trying to steal these rights out from under all women -- including your own wives, daughters, mothers, etc.
You certainly have no idea how like Hitler you truly are even as you erroneously compare me and those like me to same.
You guys are on a modern day religious crusade; it's your way or the highway because you believe God knitted you in your mothers' wombs. That for some reason, nobody else's beliefs or concern have any merit because you're so myopic you cannot or will not see the entire picture of what it is you're trying to unravel.
Damn idiots. All of you.
Ok, you take first in Irony, and oximoron catagories.

If over 3 THOUSAND 5 Hundred born kids were being killed a day -how much attention would be given to it?

If you haven't noticed how much the country is in an uproar over 30 kids killed at about 5 years after birth, BUT those SAME KIDS, just 5 and a half years earlier could have been slaughtered ALONG WITH 3 THOUSAND 5 HUNDRED MORE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITHOUT EVEN A RIPPLE FROM MANY.

I don't think your side are idiots, just doing what the lost do.
Gtown71

United States

#291291 Mar 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're going about it the wrong way.
Again, there is a difference between thinking an act is wrong, and wanting to take away the rights of others to that act. Is there some reason you CONTINUE to ignore this statement from me?
How can people take away anything, when they had NO say in it to begin with?
Plus you and others can try and play the religion card all you wish, but doesn't change the Fact, that many are against abortion who are Not religious in any way.

Location hidden

#291292 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you take first in Irony, and oximoron catagories.
If over 3 THOUSAND 5 Hundred born kids were being killed a day -how much attention would be given to it?
If you haven't noticed how much the country is in an uproar over 30 kids killed at about 5 years after birth, BUT those SAME KIDS, just 5 and a half years earlier could have been slaughtered ALONG WITH 3 THOUSAND 5 HUNDRED MORE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITHOUT EVEN A RIPPLE FROM MANY.
I don't think your side are idiots, just doing what the lost do.
Becasue MOST know "kids" aren't whats being discussed. Private medical decisons that dont affect anyone BUT the woman involved is what's being discussed.

Location hidden

#291293 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can people take away anything, when they had NO say in it to begin with?
Plus you and others can try and play the religion card all you wish, but doesn't change the Fact, that many are against abortion who are Not religious in any way.
And nobody that actually matters gives a shit what THEY think either.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#291294 Mar 30, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And I'm VERY glad I was able to kick the toxic baggage of gods, religions to the curb over 20 years ago. By doing that, I took back my own power to make sexual and reproductive decisions for MYSELF instead of allowing a bunch of nosy male clerics make those very personal decisions for me.
Militant religionists like Tommydumdum can't grasp the simple fact that some of us enjoy life much more WITHOUT those oppressive church doctrines. Too bad for him. Just because HE'S stuck in the past doesn't mean everyone else has to be.
You will enjoy your life until he comes to judge you.
Living our lives by his word is required.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291295 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Becasue MOST know "kids" aren't whats being discussed. Private medical decisons that dont affect anyone BUT the woman involved is what's being discussed.
I disagree, the woman is not the only one involved in an abortion.

Location hidden

#291296 Mar 31, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the woman is not the only one involved in an abortion.
You're right, the government and public opinion are involved too.
Ocean56

AOL

#291297 Mar 31, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
I think the fundies envy our freedom.
I think so too, and have for quite some time. They can never admit to that, of course, since according to their doctrine, envy is one of the "seven deadly sins."
Ocean56

AOL

#291298 Mar 31, 2013
Forum wrote:
You will enjoy your life until he comes to judge you. Living our lives by his word is required.
So says every militant religionist KOOK I've ever come across. YAWN.

Location hidden

#291299 Mar 31, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell was allowed to continue to kill women and babies because to expose him would "put up a barrier to women wanting abortions". Many of the people involved were either pro"choice" or were instructed by their superior who was pro"choice". The people who could have stopped him were negligent in their failure to report the dangerous conditions that they had knowledge of. If this was about any other procedure except abortion, they would have been held accountable.
Another Gosnell patient, Davida Johnson, noted in an Associated Press article that she intended to go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion procedure, but was scared away by anti-abortion protesters picketing outside the clinic. An acquaintance suggested she go to Gosnell, where protesters (ironically) were not an issue.

Evidence suggests that a number of factors influenced a woman's decision to seek care at Gosnell's clinic: Medicaid's refusal to provide insurance coverage for most abortions; the scarcity of abortion providers in Pennsylvania (and across the nation); the fear of violence perpetrated by protestors at clinics, and the right-wing culture that has so stigmatized abortion that many think it is still illegal 40 years after Roe v. Wade.
Ocean56

AOL

#291300 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
And nobody that actually matters gives a shit what THEY think either.
Exactly. Militant religionists like Gtown seem to have this weird notion that prochoicers are -- or should be -- intimidated by what anti-choicers think. Then they get really pissed off when prochoicers make it clear to them that we couldn't care LESS what anti-choicers think, much less be intimidated by it.
Ocean56

AOL

#291301 Mar 31, 2013
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:

HARDSHIP #1: LOSS OF FREEDOM - Having a baby really does change everything, including the freedom that girls and women used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls and young women who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, they’ll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before girls get any of their former freedom back.

HARDSHIP #2: LOSS OF SLEEP - The first thing girls and women have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can – and do – wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby’s diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didn’t have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Those who are teen moms will not be so lucky.

HARDSHIP #3: LOSS OF MONEY - Whatever money a girl/woman used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. These costs include diapers, food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. That’s just for food and diapers, you haven’t even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emeem 1,100,068
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 24 min The real deal AB 18,865
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 46,307
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,364
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 68,965
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 2 hr Sir Samuel 20
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••