Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313937 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#291266 Mar 30, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What would your grandmother have done if she saw you sticking your tongue out?????
Yank it out of my face! lol Don't mess with gramma!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291267 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I force anything?
just becouse I'm against something it makes me a monster?
You didn't respond to what I actually said. You attempted to deflect.

Try again.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291268 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knutter, you dippin into the stolen sacrimental wine again? There's no such thing as "post birth abortions".
**SHEESH**
You just get stupider with time.
http://nation.foxnews.com/planned-parenthood/...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291269 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, talk about my mother came much later, but anywho -this is where you and yours would call me a liar, but on to better things. You say women have sexual rights, but if they choose to exersize those rights outside "your " mold, then she's a slut?
this is what I don't understand about you guys -again where do you draw the line? Is it becouse most people would feel that way? Your personal convictions? What about people who have been legaly married for years, but not living with their spouse for a long time? What if a couple is dating and break up, and the female goes out and has sex with soneone else is she a slut? Is the marriage paper the difference? If so -I refer you back to statement 1.
I'm just trying to get you to find out where you anchor your judgements at.
Then you're going about it the wrong way.

Again, there is a difference between thinking an act is wrong, and wanting to take away the rights of others to that act. Is there some reason you CONTINUE to ignore this statement from me?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291270 Mar 30, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
There is no such thing as a "post birth abortion"

An abortion ends the pregnancy, whether spontaneously or induced. Post birth, there is no longer a pregnancy to end. Period.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291271 Mar 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're going about it the wrong way.
Again, there is a difference between thinking an act is wrong, and wanting to take away the rights of others to that act. Is there some reason you CONTINUE to ignore this statement from me?
Yeah, it makes the argument null and void. So they'll ignore and keep arguing, Bit.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#291272 Mar 30, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she wouldn't find it significant. She's stupid.
But ask Bitter this --- If it isn't a significant difference then why the need for RvW ? The SC did not have to decide that woman had the right to spontaneously abort....and spontaneously aborting was never illegal. So if they are both effectively the same with no significant difference, then why did the SC feel it necessary to hear and render a decision on one......and not the other ?
They take out the baby and smother it? That is what
an abortion is? These children that have cleft palates?
Did they try to kill them with something and it cuts
their mouth?
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#291273 Mar 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to tell us which myth about Jesus has been proven to be untrue?
Herod was dead before Jesus was born, yet the NT tells of Jesus' travels during Herod's reign.
Ocean56

AOL

#291274 Mar 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Fundies like Prince Tommy can't help it. They were brainwashed from their earliest years. Some people are strong and can stand up to that type of mind control and others easily succumb and drop to their knees to lap up every bit of dogma that's spoonfed to them, and then beg for more. Some people just feel more comfortable being told what to think and how to live. Just be glad you're not one of the sheep.
Agreed. And I'm VERY glad I was able to kick the toxic baggage of gods, religions to the curb over 20 years ago. By doing that, I took back my own power to make sexual and reproductive decisions for MYSELF instead of allowing a bunch of nosy male clerics make those very personal decisions for me.

Militant religionists like Tommydumdum can't grasp the simple fact that some of us enjoy life much more WITHOUT those oppressive church doctrines. Too bad for him. Just because HE'S stuck in the past doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291275 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, its easy enough in this case to show why he wasn't messiah, let along g-d, as I just did.
He simply didn't meet the biblical criteria to be messiah, and that's a fact.
I read your posts. They were very interesting. The fundies seem to be having a problem with the concept of faith.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291276 Mar 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can't think of any 'Jesus myths' proven to be untrue.
You shouldn't make statements that you can't back up. It makes you look mean and ignorant.
Prove me wrong then...but you know you can't, hence the snarkiness.

Again, since you can't seem to grasp this very simple concept...I don't need to prove something that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist. You claim he exists, that he is God, so you can prove your claims. I'm waiting eagerly....

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291277 Mar 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sad cockroach.
Talk about "mean and ignorant".

Hypocrite.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291278 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I backed it up for her.
Yes, you did. And you did an excellent job.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#291279 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I backed it up for her.
You do not understand the word of God, that has been obvious for some time now. You, like the other pagans, are actually a cult of hate. Your hatred of Christians is so great that it is easy to relate to the time of Christ when the Jewish leaders feared this Man so much they needed the Romans to kill him during a very holy season. We know he died for all the sins of all people, even yours pagan. Saint Paul has made the path clear but your eyes cannot see.

He has and continues to fufuill prophecy, since he is th eeternally living God. Another thing you cna't understand. Your heart is hardened to the Truth and Satan fills your lungs. You hate those of the Fatih but they are the very people who pray for you and may save your soul.

Happy Easter, For He has Risen!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291280 Mar 30, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And I'm VERY glad I was able to kick the toxic baggage of gods, religions to the curb over 20 years ago. By doing that, I took back my own power to make sexual and reproductive decisions for MYSELF instead of allowing a bunch of nosy male clerics make those very personal decisions for me.
Militant religionists like Tommydumdum can't grasp the simple fact that some of us enjoy life much more WITHOUT those oppressive church doctrines. Too bad for him. Just because HE'S stuck in the past doesn't mean everyone else has to be.
I think the fundies envy our freedom.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#291281 Mar 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not understand the word of God, that has been obvious for some time now. You, like the other pagans, are actually a cult of hate. Your hatred of Christians is so great that it is easy to relate to the time of Christ when the Jewish leaders feared this Man so much they needed the Romans to kill him during a very holy season. We know he died for all the sins of all people, even yours pagan. Saint Paul has made the path clear but your eyes cannot see.
He has and continues to fufuill prophecy, since he is th eeternally living God. Another thing you cna't understand. Your heart is hardened to the Truth and Satan fills your lungs. You hate those of the Fatih but they are the very people who pray for you and may save your soul.
Happy Easter, For He has Risen!
I was in a church on Holy Thursday and the Priest read the portion of Exodus that gives God's instuctions on conducting the Passover meal. I had followed those instructions. But did you?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291282 Mar 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the fundies envy our freedom.
You will envy ours when you are suffering in hell and we will live in Paradise.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291283 Mar 30, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying that abortion is unequal because of the unborn. We think that we can stop a heartbeat of a child because its a "woman's right." If you're saying that if we overturn Roe v Wade we will be discriminating women, you're wrong because abortion isn't a woman's issue, it's a human rights issue, like slavery. You can't own a slave just like you can't own a fetus.
No it is her choice, that is her right. She doesn't have the right to abort, she has the right to choose.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291284 Mar 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson was born at 20 weeks. He was still born but I guarantee you that he was every bit a human being.
His name was Julian. Maybe if your held a child like that in your arms, you wouldn't be so hardassed.
I've experienced three live births and two spontaneous abortions. One was ectopic, one was at 23 weeks. We've been over this before. I've asked you in the past to speak with parents, as I have, who've experienced both miscarriages and deaths of children.

The grief surrounding these different deaths is also different.

Grief regarding the death of a loved child is about memories of that child, dreams and plans the child had and had shared with others. Memories of what the child experienced, of watching the child experience these.

The grief surrounding fetal death is but of dreams and plans that never came to be experienced.

If you really to listen to parents who've experienced both kinds of death, you will begin to pick up on the nuance of grief surrounding death of a child. It is not self-centered.

You may think that's harsh, and maybe it is, but it's truth. And you need a large dose of it, imo.

"Babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. After that, they are measured from head to heel. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against the torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.

Weight: 10.6 ounces - 300 grams
Length:
(crown to rump) 6.5 inches - 16.5 cm
(crown to heel) 10 inches - 25.5 cm."
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week20.ht...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291285 Mar 30, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>You will envy ours when you are suffering in hell and we will live in Paradise.
So God sends his children to suffer in hell? Nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Leave Ghost Alone 1,521,310
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Apr 22 Lavon affair 71,283
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Apr 22 Patty Myers 8,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Apr 18 Chastity Veasley 48

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages