Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311627 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#291174 Mar 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Thanks Bit. Looks like I ruffled Ink's duck feathers. lol

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291175 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

Classifying the word abortion into spontaneous, noninduced, induced, and termination does not change the definition of abortion -- pregnancy ending prior to term. All it does is show different ways it ends prior to term.
Katie, I mean no harm, but I think that's what Sue's been trying to say....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291176 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"All it does is show different ways it ends prior to term."
EXACTLY. This is what I have been saying.
LOL I should have read ahead again. Sorry ladies!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291177 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
If it walks like a hypocrite and quacks like a liar, it's a lying hypocrite. That's not judging. That's discerning by observation. Judging would be me telling him I know for certain he is going to hell or is working for Satan. Like some of you do to me everytime you disagree.
I'm just correctly applying scripture in calling him "swine". I gots pearls, darlin'. I'll cast them when the Good Lord guides me to do so. He's not worth it...yet.
: D
Try and get out of it but it was judging by any standard.

In black and white you judged him to be swine, a liar, a hypocrite and a jackass.o don't say you don't judge or you will look like all the things you called him.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291178 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, I mean no harm, but I think that's what Sue's been trying to say....
Thank you.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#291179 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which, I need to go to my mail and dig through. My rabbi moved to Israel, and we corrispond often. He sent me a few months ago a link to some new scholarly articles on that, which I beleive you'd be interested in. I'll try to play around and find them tonite and PM the links to you.
<quoted text>
I find it intersting, and very confusing - why so many different versions of the Christian bible exist - many of which actually contradict each other.
While I understand that the ancient languages may not translate well in all instances to English for example (let alone to French or Spanish LOL), most words DO have specific meanings, and it seems that some Christian bibles are more commentary in how they're translated, than actual scripture.
In the Jewish faith, there's really NOT many different versions or translations of the Tanakh. The 1962 JPS translation is generally acknowledged as the most literally accurate translations of the Tanach, and is used worldwide by most, be they reform, conservative, orthodox or whatever, as it uses the Masoretic Text of the Aleppo Codex as its base. While there's different publishers with very minor differences, there's no actual different "versions" of the Tanakh like there are for the christian versions of bibles.
Thoughts?
I think, in an effort to further simplify the King James, most versions of the Bible have lost the original meanings (because they substitute words that get further and further away from the basic translation).

As a young student, myself, I have to rely on scholars, long dead, to get translations, as close as possible.

What do you thinnk of...

http://www.biblestudysite.com/30.htm

The Companion Bible is my main tool. It's a wealth of information. Poke around the appendices, if you have time. The Serpent in Genesis is particulary interesting, and a good starting point for Christians who think a snake told Eve to eat an apple. lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#291180 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and get out of it but it was judging by any standard.
In black and white you judged him to be swine, a liar, a hypocrite and a jackass.o don't say you don't judge or you will look like all the things you called him.
: P ~~~

Nuh uh.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291181 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and get out of it but it was judging by any standard.
In black and white you judged him to be swine, a liar, a hypocrite and a jackass.o don't say you don't judge or you will look like all the things you called him.
Actually, it was stating facts. YOur kind dont like facts very much.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#291182 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a name for 'phobia of pagans"? If so, this idiot has it.
Yes the name is ,"Humanity"

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291183 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
: P ~~~
Nuh uh.
What would your grandmother have done if she saw you sticking your tongue out?????

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291184 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, in an effort to further simplify the King James, most versions of the Bible have lost the original meanings (because they substitute words that get further and further away from the basic translation).
As a young student, myself, I have to rely on scholars, long dead, to get translations, as close as possible.
What do you thinnk of...
http://www.biblestudysite.com/30.htm
The Companion Bible is my main tool. It's a wealth of information. Poke around the appendices, if you have time. The Serpent in Genesis is particulary interesting, and a good starting point for Christians who think a snake told Eve to eat an apple. lol
Wow, J uses this bible, she loves it! Our rabbi actually suggested it to her when she was going to bible study classes he ran. I'm familiar with it from looking it over here, but never actually read it. I really should I know LOL. So many books, so little time...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291185 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was stating facts. YOur kind dont like facts very much.
No it was a judgement that she claims she doesn't do.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#291186 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, in an effort to further simplify the King James, most versions of the Bible have lost the original meanings (because they substitute words that get further and further away from the basic translation).
As a young student, myself, I have to rely on scholars, long dead, to get translations, as close as possible.
What do you thinnk of...
http://www.biblestudysite.com/30.htm
The Companion Bible is my main tool. It's a wealth of information. Poke around the appendices, if you have time. The Serpent in Genesis is particulary interesting, and a good starting point for Christians who think a snake told Eve to eat an apple. lol
You are as much a real Chrisitan as Foomuffchew is a real jew. Her "rabbi" went back to Isreal to probably be chastized for pretending to be a rabbi and pretending to marry lesbisns and hiomosexuals, something that is not done in the jewish Faith.

That I was told by a "real" Rabbi.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291187 Mar 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as much a real Chrisitan as Foomuffchew is a real jew. Her "rabbi" went back to Isreal to probably be chastized for pretending to be a rabbi and pretending to marry lesbisns and hiomosexuals, something that is not done in the jewish Faith.
That I was told by a "real" Rabbi.
Idiot, you wouldn't know a real rabbi if you tripped over his payot.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291188 Mar 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the name is ,"Humanity"
No, sorry Tomtom, "humanity" isn't afraid of pagans as you clearly are.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291189 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"But it doesn't change anything -- except to those who cannot accept other women would reject their unplanned pregnancies."
But there IS a difference.
"That's what your position boils down to ... and you want to steal women's rights to privacy and autonomy out from under them"
No, I want to take away their right to kill.
In the end, you want to take away their rights. Drop the prepositional phrase "to kill" and all you're left with is, "I want to take away their right."

You don't see there is no difference whether a dead embryo/fetus is the result of spontaneous or induced abortion. You don't see it because it's all you focus on because it goes against what you consider moral.

Never mind morals are subjective. Never mind the current moral running through Roe v Wade is that no woman can legally be forced to remain pregnant against her will nor can any woman be forced to abort against her will.

You want to remove these protections because you don't want women to have them. You want to exchange these with an insentient embryo/fetus who isn't going to know or care one way or the other.

But the women will.

And that makes you -- and all who hold your position -- a monster in my eyes.

Especially when all you can throw back at me are insults and lame arguments built on straw and lies.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291190 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end, you want to take away their rights. Drop the prepositional phrase "to kill" and all you're left with is, "I want to take away their right."
You don't see there is no difference whether a dead embryo/fetus is the result of spontaneous or induced abortion. You don't see it because it's all you focus on because it goes against what you consider moral.
Never mind morals are subjective. Never mind the current moral running through Roe v Wade is that no woman can legally be forced to remain pregnant against her will nor can any woman be forced to abort against her will.
You want to remove these protections because you don't want women to have them. You want to exchange these with an insentient embryo/fetus who isn't going to know or care one way or the other.
But the women will.
And that makes you -- and all who hold your position -- a monster in my eyes.
Especially when all you can throw back at me are insults and lame arguments built on straw and lies.
Yup killing another human being is morally wrong but not by your standards.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291191 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, I mean no harm, but I think that's what Sue's been trying to say....
But Sue thinks the difference is significant enough to merit stealing civil rights.

I know you mean no harm. Until Sue lashed out at me the other night, I'd had this crazy idea she was being open-minded from a new POV regarding what's been going on with Gosnell. Silly me.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291192 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup killing another human being is morally wrong but not by your standards.
My standards are not up for discussion. And I guarantee you my standards are higher than yours because I will not tolerate nosy parkers butting into every woman's life where they don't belong.

And it's already known "human being" is a philosophical idea based on sentience and awareness of self and others. The embryo/fetus has none of this.

So, you're standard is to lie to yourself and lie about others.

Yeah :|

Not good.
Isaac

Australia

#291193 Mar 29, 2013
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min OzRitz 1,419,575
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min Ize Found 70,958
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Too Funny 61,058
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Hipocrit 20,505
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages