Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#291147 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT-you have no idea what you are talking about.
I know exactly what I'm talking about and provided links to back me up in the not so distant past. I have no reason to continue researching what I already know. You, Doc, and anyone else who wants to insist their emotional reasoning is "fact" are the ones who need realize it's your bullsh*t to deal with, nobody else's.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#291148 Mar 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, I'm not attempting to convert (or convince) anyone. But, you didn't really answer my question.
Gtown wants me to preach hell and damnation. Problem with that is it turns people off. He wants me to tell you Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior -- as if you weren't raised Catholic and/or have never heard of Christianity and have no clue what it espouses. Clearly, he can't accept that the non-Christians on this thread have heard it all and don't subscribe to it. He thinks beating folks over the head with the "one verse revolving Rev." approach will convert you.

And for some reason, he thinks me posting in detail what I have learned from actually studying the Bible is an attack on him. He's scared of knowledge because it highlights his ignorance. Can't act all superior when he doesn't know what the fck he's talking about.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291149 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Read carefully.
I said YOU responded to a post I wrote. I responded to you incorrectly. I already apoligized to you.
Are you incapable of admitting you responded to me in error? Are you incapable of actually writing out the wordS that consist of an apology? Because what you wrote below blames me for something YOU did.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you responded to a post I wrote to elise. She was the whiner not you. Your post was very positive.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291150 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You think posting on topix is "defending helpless babies"? lol
What makes you think I don't tell people everything I know about Christianity? Maybe not you. You've proven yourself, thus far, to be "swine". That can change. Then, I might educate you.
I don't judge anyone. I haven't judged you. I've simply shared my observaions regarding your lying and hypocrisy. Judging would be me talling you you're going to hell or you're Satan's handmaiden, which I have not done. Nor will I. I don't know your heart, as God does. I simply think you have A LOT of work to do. You haven't changed since being saved. You're behavior is no different. What's bad for you, tho, is you think being saved has given you license to be a jackass, cuz you're forgiven everytime you do it. You seem to have forgotten all about the "repenting" part.
I think you did judge him as swine, a liar, a hypocrite and a jackass just in this one post.
Want to backpedal on the judging thing?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291151 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you incapable of admitting you responded to me in error? Are you incapable of actually writing out the wordS that consist of an apology? Because what you wrote below blames me for something YOU did.
<quoted text>
Are you nuts? I said I responded incorrectly and I said sorry. My comment was for katie who has beaten down in the workforce for being a woman.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291152 Mar 29, 2013
not katie, I meant elise you guys are so alike

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291153 Mar 29, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown wants me to preach hell and damnation. Problem with that is it turns people off. He wants me to tell you Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior -- as if you weren't raised Catholic and/or have never heard of Christianity and have no clue what it espouses. Clearly, he can't accept that the non-Christians on this thread have heard it all and don't subscribe to it. He thinks beating folks over the head with the "one verse revolving Rev." approach will convert you.
And for some reason, he thinks me posting in detail what I have learned from actually studying the Bible is an attack on him. He's scared of knowledge because it highlights his ignorance. Can't act all superior when he doesn't know what the fck he's talking about.
Well said.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291154 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an (your) emotional explanation. It's not the medical definition of abortion which is simply pregnancy ending prior to term.
abortion /abor·tion/(ah-bor´shun)
1. expulsion from the uterus of the products of conception before the fetus is viable.
2. premature stoppage of a natural or a pathological process.

----------

artificial abortion induced a.
complete abortion one in which all the products of conception are expelled from the uterus and identified.
habitual abortion spontaneous abortion occurring in three or more successive pregnancies, at about the same level of development.
incomplete abortion that with retention of parts of the products of conception.
induced abortion that brought on intentionally by medication or instrumentation.
inevitable abortion a condition in which vaginal bleeding has been profuse and the cervix has become dilated, and abortion will invariably occur.
infected abortion that associated with infection of the genital tract.
missed abortion retention in the uterus of an abortus that has been dead for at least eight weeks.
septic abortion that associated with serious infection of the uterus leading to generalized infection.
spontaneous abortion that occurring naturally.
therapeutic abortion that induced for medical considerations.
threatened abortion a condition in which vaginal bleeding is less than in inevitable abortion and the cervix is not dilated, and abortion may or may not occur.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

Abortion

Definition of ABORTION

: the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus: as

a: spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation — compare miscarriage

b: induced expulsion of a human fetus

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abo...

Surgical abortion is a procedure that ends a pregnancy by removing the fetus and placenta from the mother's womb (uterus).

Surgical abortion is not the same as miscarriage. Miscarriage is when a pregnancy ends on its own before the 20th week.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

Location hidden

#291155 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what I'm talking about and provided links to back me up in the not so distant past. I have no reason to continue researching what I already know. You, Doc, and anyone else who wants to insist their emotional reasoning is "fact" are the ones who need realize it's your bullsh*t to deal with, nobody else's.
"I know exactly what I'm talking about"

No, you really don't.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291156 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you nuts? I said I responded incorrectly and I said sorry. My comment was for katie who has beaten down in the workforce for being a woman.
No I am not nuts. I am pushing you to admit you were blaming me for something you did. You did not apologize. "Sorry" could mean any damn thing under the sun. Saying you "incorrectly" does not exude an admittance of an error. Be precise. Don't expect me to be easy going with you after you've been such a hardass to me for no reason other than we don't share the hive-mind so important to your existence.

(do i need to point out you didn't gain any points asking if i was nuts?)

Location hidden

#291157 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an (your) emotional explanation. It's not the medical definition of abortion which is simply pregnancy ending prior to term.
Classification of Abortion
Type
Definition

Early
Abortion before 12 wk gestation

Late
Abortion between 12 and 20 wk gestation

Spontaneous
Noninduced abortion

Induced
Termination of pregnancy for medical or elective reasons

http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gyne...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#291158 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
@@ If he did as you suggest, he'd be shocked if he wasn't as ridiculed as you are.
STO certainly HAS spoken of his beliefs here, and has done more than his share of education, and people like me appreciate that its done from a place of understanding that not eveyone shares the same beliefs, and respect FOR those other beliefs.
Something you can't seem to grasp.
I remember talking to you about the sacred name, YHVH. I gave you a link you said you were going to share with your Rabbi.

I'm always interested to hear from you, having studied your faith, Judaism, since Christianity can't be understood without knowledge of the OT.

Gtown's head would explode if he knew the OT had been translated into many many many languages by JC's time. Don't tell him. He thinks the Bible should be read in English as is. No translating and God forbid no comparision to other translations -- like Coptic.(fascinating nuances and levels of understanding one would miss if all they did was read the King James or any other English translation. I guess he thinks French and Spanish speaking folks don't have French and Spanish translations -- lol).
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291159 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know exactly what I'm talking about"
No, you really don't.
Then F off and go away, Sue.

You act like a know-it-all when you know nothing. Do you need it spelled out the very definition you supplied trying to prove me wrong proved me right? What idiot does that? A stupid one?

Your wanting to remove my civil rights, my daughters civil rights.

Don't act all surprise I'm not overjoyed by your ignorance and foolish attempts to do such a thing. What kind of idiot do you think I am to roll over and let you do such a destructive thing?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291160 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not nuts. I am pushing you to admit you were blaming me for something you did. You did not apologize. "Sorry" could mean any damn thing under the sun. Saying you "incorrectly" does not exude an admittance of an error. Be precise. Don't expect me to be easy going with you after you've been such a hardass to me for no reason other than we don't share the hive-mind so important to your existence.
(do i need to point out you didn't gain any points asking if i was nuts?)
Oh dear. You do have some issues. What we don't share is your self deception. Abortion kills a child and it is morally wrong.You delude yourself that it doesn't and that because it is legal, it is moral.

People can convince themselves of anything and learn to believe it.

Location hidden

#291161 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then F off and go away, Sue.
You act like a know-it-all when you know nothing. Do you need it spelled out the very definition you supplied trying to prove me wrong proved me right? What idiot does that? A stupid one?
Your wanting to remove my civil rights, my daughters civil rights.
Don't act all surprise I'm not overjoyed by your ignorance and foolish attempts to do such a thing. What kind of idiot do you think I am to roll over and let you do such a destructive thing?
"induced abortion that brought on intentionally by medication or instrumentation."

"spontaneous abortion that occurring naturally."

http://medical-dictionary.th efreedictionary.c...

From the very first definition that I supplied.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291162 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Classification of Abortion
Type
Definition
Early
Abortion before 12 wk gestation
Late
Abortion between 12 and 20 wk gestation
Spontaneous
Noninduced abortion
Induced
Termination of pregnancy for medical or elective reasons
http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gyne...
You are showing off you idiocy again.

Classifying the word abortion into spontaneous, noninduced, induced, and termination does not change the definition of abortion -- pregnancy ending prior to term. All it does is show different ways it ends prior to term.

But keep proving me right, Sue. It'll help you make up for coming out of the gate in attack mode the other night.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291163 Mar 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"induced abortion that brought on intentionally by medication or instrumentation."
"spontaneous abortion that occurring naturally."
http://medical-dictionary.th efreedictionary.c...
From the very first definition that I supplied.
But it doesn't change the definition of pregnancy ending prior to term.

That is your claim. That induced abortion is somehow *different* than spontaneous abortion. And it's not.

You keep showing it's not. You keep highlighting it is only an emotional difference for those who cannot accept not all women accept their unplanned pregnancies.

The definition of abortion does NOT say pregnaccy ending naturally prior to term. It'd have to say exactly that for you to be correct.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#291164 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear. You do have some issues. What we don't share is your self deception. Abortion kills a child and it is morally wrong.You delude yourself that it doesn't and that because it is legal, it is moral.
People can convince themselves of anything and learn to believe it.
Then don't have an abortion, Ink.

Location hidden

#291165 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are showing off you idiocy again.
Classifying the word abortion into spontaneous, noninduced, induced, and termination does not change the definition of abortion -- pregnancy ending prior to term. All it does is show different ways it ends prior to term.
But keep proving me right, Sue. It'll help you make up for coming out of the gate in attack mode the other night.
"All it does is show different ways it ends prior to term."

EXACTLY. This is what I have been saying.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291166 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But it doesn't change the definition of pregnancy ending prior to term.
That is your claim. That induced abortion is somehow *different* than spontaneous abortion. And it's not.
You keep showing it's not. You keep highlighting it is only an emotional difference for those who cannot accept not all women accept their unplanned pregnancies.
The definition of abortion does NOT say pregnaccy ending naturally prior to term. It'd have to say exactly that for you to be correct.
What difference does it make? Everybody knows what an abortion is and a spontanious abortion is commonly called a miscarriage. No one is confused about which is which.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min FYVM 1,383,801
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Chief 59,533
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,608
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr TRUMP King TRUMP 20,308
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May 23 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May 23 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages