Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291082 Mar 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precision? Alot of folks just say it the way it is, which is word games.
You may call an unborn.child anything you want, and you can say the unborn child was the size of a tic tac, if it makes you feel better, dying, dead, killed, murdered.
Yes we need precision, and an induced abortion "fancy name for I'm gonna go to a person who will go inside -kill my baby and remove it from my body ",is just that.
Women who have abortions "sry -induced abortions " play God.
One I never said anything about "the size of a tic tac".

Two, we all play "God" all the time when it comes to medical issues. You ever had surgery, or taken an antibiotic? Can the self-righteous twaddle.
Gtown71

United States

#291083 Mar 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying fool. From your own article:
"She claimed she had the abortions so her husband wouldn't leave her although she failed to reveal whether he knew of the terminations."
She didn't say anything about "for the fun of it".
She had the abortions to "rebel " against her husband who "did not " want kids???
Looks like she would have had a kid, if she wanted to rebel.

She's not the first, and will not be the last, to use abortion as a method of birth control.
Happens every day all day long.
Gtown71

United States

#291084 Mar 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between a spontaneous and an induced abortion is that for the former, the woman's body made the decision, for the latter, her mind did.
You guys MUST tell yourselves this, in order to feel better.even though that is an insane statement to make in sooo many ways.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291085 Mar 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys MUST tell yourselves this, in order to feel better.even though that is an insane statement to make in sooo many ways.
I say it because it's true. The fact is that I have nothing to feel bad about.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291086 Mar 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precision? Alot of folks just say it the way it is, which is word games.
Just because YOU are a moron and incapable of both understanding or utilitzing the English language properly, doesn't mean OTHERS are playing word games.

Location hidden

#291087 Mar 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
She had the abortions to "rebel " against her husband who "did not " want kids???
Looks like she would have had a kid, if she wanted to rebel.
She's not the first, and will not be the last, to use abortion as a method of birth control.
Happens every day all day long.
ANd every day, all day long, its none of your damn business.

Location hidden

#291088 Mar 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they will.
What's to see? You didn't say what Inkstain claimed. She lied, period. As typical for her.
anjali

Ashburn, VA

#291089 Mar 28, 2013
hi frnds m frm india......ds is my no +918603624936

Location hidden

#291090 Mar 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women who have abortions "sry -induced abortions " play God.
No, women that have abortions are utilizing what G-d gave them - FREE WILL, the ablity to abort, and the means to do it.

If HE has an issue with it, its between Him and them.

Your melodramatic bullshit doesn't mean shit in that equation.

Just another of those pesky facts for you to ignore.
Gtown71

United States

#291091 Mar 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's the basis for most religions--convince people they
are worthless and then convince them that only YOUR unprovable, invisible deity can give them worth.
Pathetic.
<quoted text>
We all have worth, no matter what, BUT worthy of what?
Is it pathetic to tell a man who never went to school, that he cannot be a doctor, lawyer, school teacher?

Am I worthy, are you worthy to live with the president of the united states?

Plus most religions, including the largest majority of the christian one teaches you "add " the deity to YOUR good works, to make you worthy of a good afterlife.

I tell people only One can make them worthy to live with The Father in Heaven.
Plus, He is very proveable, becouse He put in every person the need for His Love, even though most try and fill that need with anything and everything.

Just like gays are fighting for approval of the US to get married, are many atleast -you don't strike me as a one man, man lol -if the get it, they will move on to something else, since they will fiquer out that the approval they are needing is not from this world.
Gtown71

United States

#291092 Mar 28, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
They just don't want to accept that and instead let their personal feelings inhibit their ability to understand something so simple.
You mean like Jesus DYING for YOUR sins? I agree.
Gtown71

United States

#291093 Mar 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion.
No mam, an unborn baby that dies naturaly before birth, is not the same as a baby that dies before birth, becouse a person goes into the womb with a sharp object and cuts it up and sucks it out.
That is the opinion of common sense.

I realize you MUST tell yourself that there is no difference, becouse if you didnt, it might just mean that you are horribly wrong.

You are!
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#291094 Mar 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
A zygote or embryo is not a human baby you moron.
Not to you proabortion lesbian pagans it isn't.
Ocean56

AOL

#291096 Mar 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
OH NO! Tell us all one more time about how you hate being a woman. Don't forget about the evils of being pregnant, pagan.
I never SAID I hated being a woman, idiot. That was YOUR moronic interpretation.

As for pregnancy, it is often a miserable physical experience for many women, myself included, due to a variety of health conditions and in some cases, serious complications, both during pregnancy and at delivery. For this reason, the ONLY person who makes the decision whether to continue a pregnancy or not is the WOMAN who is pregnant.

For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, which is why I made sure never to get pregnant again. I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception, which has kept me pregnancy-FREE for the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291097 Mar 29, 2013
Funny how the APA doesn't back this theory, nor does this guy proffer his research anywhere.

How many parents even tell their kids they had an abortion? Shouldn't they also feel guilty if the mother had a miscarriage or two? That's how REAL survivor's guilt works--guilt over an unavoidable situation or loss.

So it's YOUR place to judge your parents? But then, you're used to judging everyone else, aren't you?
sasylicious wrote:
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/0 3/27/group-helps-people-with-d epression-whose-siblings-kille d-in-abortion/
Group helps people with depression whose siblings killed in abortion.
I'm sure most proaborts don't realize that their kids have deep pain when the reality hits them that their sibling(s) was/weree killed by their moms because they were not wanted. How can a child bear the news that mom and dad believe that killing is acceptable?
I would be disgusted to find out that my parents felt that they had a right to kill me "if" they decided that I wasn't wanted. I feel sorry for kids raised with proabort parents.
No wonder so many people have depression, all kinds of disorders,anger,etc..... They have surpressed feelings.

Indianapolis

#291098 Mar 29, 2013
"The law applies only to certain offenses over which the United States government has jurisdiction, including certain crimes committed on Federal properties, against certain Federal officials and employees, and by members of the military."

The act applies only in certain federal venues, not every state. Many states have no FHL's, and even those vary from state to state.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetal homocide law is a federal law.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims...
If the fetus is apart of the mother, why label it a DOUBLE HOMICIDE?
Ocean56

AOL

#291099 Mar 29, 2013
Babies are EXPENSIVE

One of the most overlooked factors of being a mom, whether you're a teen or young adult, is how much it really costs to care for a baby and child. Many girls/women have no idea whatsoever how truly EXPENSIVE it is to buy all the supplies a baby will need, even in the first two months.

So, just to do a little research myself last year, I took a notebook with me on one of my shopping trips to the grocery store, and wrote down the costs for items that parents will need for a baby. Here's a short price list:

Diapers - Huggies (to 14 pounds) 40/pkg.$9.99
Formula - Enfamil, newborn, 6 2oz. btl/pkg.$7.99
Wipes - Pampers baby wipes, 72/pkg.$2.79
Bottles - Evenflo, 3/pkg.$5.69
Bottle cleaning brush, 1/pkg.$2.99
Pacifiers - Nuk, 2/pkg.$3.69
Diaper rash cream - Desitin, 1 tube $5.45
Baby powder - Johnson's lrg. economy size $4.59
Baby wash - Johnson's lrg.$2.79
Baby shampoo - Johnson's med. size $3.99

The above are just the BASE prices, which were priced on 3/26/12. The cost for diapers and formula will quickly multiply, depending on how much formula the baby needs and how many diaper changes the baby must have to keep his/her skin healthy. Diapers must be changed quite frequently to avoid diaper rash, which occurs as a result of babies being in a wet or stinky diaper for too long.

Let's assume, as an example, that the baby will have to be changed six times a day. The cost of diapers, which is $9.99 for a package of 40 can multiply as follows:

6 diapers per day, x 7 days = 42 diapers
42 diapers per week, x 4 weeks =$168 per month

The cost of formula can multiply a lot too, depending on how much formula is used per day. When my son was a newborn and infant, he could easily consume a bottle at each feeding, which could be 2 or 3 ounces. If the baby is bigger, he/she will need more at each feeding.

The base cost for a six-pack of Enfamil ready-to-use 2oz. bottles is $7.99, which is really $8.00 minus a penny. It can multiply as follows:

2 six-packs per week @$8.00 =$16.00 per week
$16.00 x 4 weeks =$64.00 month

Remember, these figures are just ESTIMATES. Parents may choose different types of formula, but they have to know what the cost is, and they'll have to multiply it for a monthly estimate.

Also, these costs are for diapers and formula ALONE. Parents will also have to buy clothes, a car seat (required by law), crib, stroller, infant seat, baby toys, and the list goes on.

It will be difficult, and in some cases impossible, for girls and young women to buy all these necessities for a baby, especially when the moms are teens and are too young to even work if they are younger than 16. Even moms over the age of 16 must graduate high school first, in order to obtain better jobs.

Indianapolis

#291100 Mar 29, 2013
Two words: radical hysterectomy.

A woman can consent to having her reproductive system removed; she cannot be FORCED to do so. Most women don't do it because there is no reason in most cases.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, we can't? So please explain to me why we can't legally allow a woman's reproductive organs removed? Isn't that also controlling her body?
Ocean56

AOL

#291101 Mar 29, 2013
Babies Are EXPENSIVE (continued)

High Ticket Items

In every segment of the "16 and Pregnant" documentary, the girl makes the point that she had no idea how EXPENSIVE raising a baby is. Too often, doing the math to find out what items are needed and how much each item will cost isn't done until the teen girl is several months along. IMO waiting several months to find out what costs are involved is a huge mistake.

The MUST-have items that a teen girl or college woman needs to have if she plans to keep and raise the baby are as follows:

1. Car seat (required by LAW)
2. Crib
3. Stroller
4. Diaper bag (with portable changing pad)
5. Special garbage pail for diapers
6. Baby clothes, which can be expensive if purchased in "trendy" baby stores.

This is IN ADDITION to the previous list, which only covers everyday items like diapers, formula, bottles, wipes, pacifiers, and other things that mom will need every day. Some car seats can go as high as $200, and a crib can cost $200 or even more. I remember paying $500+ for my son's crib, and the car seat was about $150. That was over 15 years ago, and I am sure the prices for some of these items have gone up, depending on how expensive the store is.

Teen girls and young women need to be aware of how EXPENSIVE it is to raise a baby, preferably long BEFORE a pregnancy occurs.
Ocean56

AOL

#291102 Mar 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Two words: radical hysterectomy.
A woman can consent to having her reproductive system removed; she cannot be FORCED to do so. Most women don't do it because there is no reason in most cases.
Exactly. I believe there has to be a compelling medical reason for a doctor to perform a radical hysterectomy; they aren't done for ELECTIVE reasons.

Some women who know they don't ever want kids have problems finding a doctor who will even perform a tubal ligation procedure, even when some of the women are 30 and older. Some doctors can't seem to accept that NOT all women want to be mothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,263,037
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min TRD 70,142
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr litesong 54,344
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... 16 hr Dicy 1
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 16 hr claudettel289 46
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) 20 hr zippy 16
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages