Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,669
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#290361 Mar 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Is THAT how you think you come across?@@ Get real. You come across as an extremely bitter old harridan, with the top education of a 6th grade dropout who has no life. You're here from morning to night, 7 days a week in the last month or so.
"not so snappish"?? LOLOLOL!! Who DO you think you're kidding Inkstain?
Back to the comic book store with you. Stack those old zombie comics, or no job for you. Bitter, do you read your pwn posts?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#290363 Mar 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What country are you posting from?
Abortion has never been legal.
It is murder. No one knows.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#290364 Mar 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that men should have paternity leave (that's the correct term, hon.) They do in some countries, and it results in healthier families. As a matter of fact, here in NM, both my friend and her husband got family leave when their baby was born.
I don't know how it is in other countries but in the US, a man can take family leave from work for the birth of his child. http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

The only drawback to that is it's unpaid leave so unless dad saved up his vacation/sick days or has enough savings in the bank to take the time off, he won't get paid for it which is probably why a lot of men don't take advantage of the FMLA. FWIW, I know quite a few men who took leave when their baby was born. They made a point to save their vacation days so they'd have money coming in during the time they were off.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290365 Mar 25, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion has never been legal.
It is murder. No one knows.
You are misinformed. Murder is a legal term. Abortion is legal. Therefore, abortion is not murder.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290367 Mar 25, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how it is in other countries but in the US, a man can take family leave from work for the birth of his child. http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/
The only drawback to that is it's unpaid leave so unless dad saved up his vacation/sick days or has enough savings in the bank to take the time off, he won't get paid for it which is probably why a lot of men don't take advantage of the FMLA. FWIW, I know quite a few men who took leave when their baby was born. They made a point to save their vacation days so they'd have money coming in during the time they were off.
Yes, true.
Gtown71

United States

#290368 Mar 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>And another difference is, one is employment by the U.S Government and one is not, one brings money home, the other doesn't. Let's not forget that being in the military is employment, and it's an honorable service, respected by many. So yeah there is a huge difference.
What are the circumstances here? Your wife works
Yes my wife works, but she's home every morning and every night.
I'm not as backwards as ocean thinks, but I do like bringing up issues, to make people think, when they say things like women should be equal, but in reality, only in certain areas.
If a person can realize that they may be wrong on an issue, then they may question themselves ablout more important things.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#290369 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not as backwards as ocean thinks, but I do like bringing up issues, to make people think, when they say things like women should be equal, but in reality, only in certain areas.
If a person can realize that they may be wrong on an issue, then they may question themselves ablout more important things.
GTown, you're a very interesting character, to say the very least. You take issue with women working outside of the home yet your wife works outside the home(regardless of what shift she works). You speak of sex and how it should only be had within the confines of marriage yet you've carried on a affair outside of wedlock. You speak of the sanctity of marriage yet you had a long term extramarital affair. You speak of how children should be raised in the same household as their parents(preferably a man and a woman) yet the woman you had an affair with is raising your child without you residing in their household. That's a whole lot of contradiction.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#290370 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you think both genders are equal and have equal rights and none should be specific nurturers, why shouldn't men have a paternity leave?
Some insurance policies allow for male paternety leave.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290371 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted, and I wish there was no one going to war. I just don't know why any woman would want to complicate it.
Men and women fighting together, living together, and more and more problems will happen.
A kid named Jacob worked with my wife a few years ago, and talked of joining the marines. He did, and now he's dead, becouse he was shot by a fellow marine the other night along with a "woman", and then the marine that shot and killed them, shot and killed himself.
This kinda stuff will just get worse. People have a human nature.
War calls for complete concentration, and I realize I come up with things to make people think about reality.
Why are men and women seperated in our prison system?
that's my new thought of the day :)
"No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted..."

In generations past the children were taught that they are not the center of the Universe. The adults did what they had to do and the kids dealt with it.
Gtown71

United States

#290372 Mar 25, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
GTown, you're a very interesting character, to say the very least. You take issue with women working outside of the home yet your wife works outside the home(regardless of what shift she works). You speak of sex and how it should only be had within the confines of marriage yet you've carried on a affair outside of wedlock. You speak of the sanctity of marriage yet you had a long term extramarital affair. You speak of how children should be raised in the same household as their parents(preferably a man and a woman) yet the woman you had an affair with is raising your child without you residing in their household. That's a whole lot of contradiction.
Yes I am a very interesting character :)

So really every cop in america should quit their job is what you're saying.
I mean how do the have the audacity to write you or anyone a ticket for speeding, when I'm willing to bet all that they have been guilty of speeding at one point in their life. We should get rid of all judges, after all who are they?

I'm very open about my past, not to brag in any way, since I have nothing to brag about.,but my Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Please try and realize, that when I write something, its off the top of my mind. I don't sit and ponder what to say, in order to make others like me. I also use the word of God, which is proven to be the right way. God created men with the need for respect. Even if they don't always deserve it. Women are more emotional then men usually that is. Women. Need security,and love. What I'm tryimg to say is there is alot of difference between a man and a woman,other then what's between their legs.

I don't have all the answers, but I believe God does.
I spent years not believing in God so I didn't care what He had to say.

After I was saved, and God began to show me things, and clean things out of my life, I now realize that Gods way is best.
If people only had sex after the marry, and remain faithful -how many stds will they get? None
If a man worked and supported his family, and came home to a clean house with food ready, clean clothes, etc.. how much less stress do you think there would be?
As far as the boy I created, he is extremely well off financially speaking,and has a very loving strong man who he calls father, so are you now saying that step dads and moms are horrible , and anyone who don't live with tbeir own kids are horrible, OR are you gonna be like foo and her friends and say your judgemental statements ONLY APPLY TO ME?

In short I've done many bad things, I met a savior, and now I try and stand for good things. Or do you feel I should go back to what I used to do, and what I used to stand for, and still claim I serve God? Like some one here?
zeccec

Pittsburgh, PA

#290373 Mar 25, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Error has occurred
Gtown71

United States

#290374 Mar 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting that Gtown embraces the role of homemaker while his wife earns the family income, but he opposes the same roles for other couples. Apparently, he doesn't earn money.
Well this is where you would say, it is none of your business what others do.
Do you believe it is wrong for the man to stay home while the wife works?
Or only when we choose to?

I lost most my family at a pretty young age. I wish I has them back, but it worked out that I was left pretty well off. I don't brag about what I have, and I'm no Bill Gates, but my wife works becouse she wants to.

I work as well, just not a nine to five. I've been self employeed most my life. I've done alot of charity work to keep me from going insane! Lol

But but but -it has not always been this way. I know what it is like to only have one car to share, last year I had six vehicles, which were all paid for. I don't buy new vehicles,becouse I feel it is a waste, and have only had a car payment one time in my life, and that was enough. I've never asked my wife to cook one meal in my life. I realize when you read my post, you think boring, dry life. If so -you truly have no clue.

We have alot of fun, but my idea of fun is not the same as it was before I met Jesus Christ.

The main reason I'm a stay at home dad, is I'm very protective of my little girl. Women should be keepers of the home, if they can work some outside and still keep the home, then great. I was raised by a single mom, after my dad died, so I know how to cook anything there is, and clean,and I don't mind doing it here. My little girl has only spent 7 nights away, and that was with her aunt. Other then that she has been with us 24/7. Those who have parents and grand parents to help them, are very blessed. I don't regret my time with her, it only seems like the other day she was born, and she turns 6 sat :)
Gtown71

United States

#290375 Mar 25, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted..."
In generations past the children were taught that they are not the center of the Universe. The adults did what they had to do and the kids dealt with it.
Your preaching to the choir. Just look at where we are today.

I'm sorry, but I disagree -how a child is raised has alot to do with how that child lives their life, and where they end up.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290376 Mar 25, 2013
Women aren't complcating things; they just don't play by your rules anymore.

We'll just pair up female soldiers with gay men.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted, and I wish there was no one going to war. I just don't know why any woman would want to complicate it.
Men and women fighting together, living together, and more and more problems will happen.
A kid named Jacob worked with my wife a few years ago, and talked of joining the marines. He did, and now he's dead, becouse he was shot by a fellow marine the other night along with a "woman", and then the marine that shot and killed them, shot and killed himself.
This kinda stuff will just get worse. People have a human nature.
War calls for complete concentration, and I realize I come up with things to make people think about reality.
Why are men and women seperated in our prison system?
that's my new thought of the day :)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290377 Mar 25, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have a friend who's son is a single dad and he is in the Army. Enlisted as a single parent.
From the link: In the Army and Air Force, single member parent applicants who, at the time of initial processing for enlistment, indicate they have a child or children in the custody of the other parent or another adult are advised and required to acknowledge by certification that their intent at the time of enlistment was not to enter the Air Force/Army with the express intention of regaining custody after enlistment.
They can't have legal custody when they enlist and if your friends son still does, the recruiter was crooked and your friends son could be dishonorably discharged which means no military benefits.

Location hidden

#290378 Mar 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Women aren't complcating things; they just don't play by your rules anymore.
We'll just pair up female soldiers with gay men.
<quoted text>
There ya go.

Location hidden

#290379 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your research on military regs and single moms.@@

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#290380 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>

In short I've done many bad things, I met a savior, and now I try and stand for good things. Or do you feel I should go back to what I used to do, and what I used to stand for, and still claim I serve God? Like some one here?
Granted, what you do with your life affects me none and it's your life to live, I just find a lot of what you write to be extremely hypocritical. Unless I'm misreading what you wrote, it seems that another man has taken over total responsibility to the child you created out of wedlock. I absolutely do not have anything against step parents(as I have a step mother myself and my son was raised by my SO) yet you preach about how men should be involved in their childrens lives, how children should be raised by a man and a woman. Why should anyone take what you have to say seriously when another man is doing your job in regards to the child you created with a woman who is not your wife? And you wonder why folks take what you say with a grain of salt or call you out on your hypocrisy/contradictions? I think it's great that you found God but considering the things you write, you should also find some humility as well.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290381 Mar 25, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have a friend who's son is a single dad and he is in the Army. Enlisted as a single parent.
No he didn't. The military hasn't taken single parents with dependant children living with them since Desert Storm.

You're lying Knutter.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290382 Mar 25, 2013
Even though they keep trying to prove us wrong, we PRESUME our male soldiers aren't all sociopathic rapists; we know our male convicts are. You're comparing a voluntary, cooperative situation with a mandatory, hostile one.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ocean "who has still not answered my question ",if we are equal, then why not put women and men in the same prisons together?
If men and women can work, fight, together, then why not do time together?
I'm sure there would be no problems there either, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Emeem 1,110,912
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,710
Beware Dog Walkers-off Silver Lane in East Htfd... (May '12) 5 hr katie 7
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Bently 19,219
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 10 hr Unknown 296
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 69,397
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 16 hr ryan 41
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search