Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309876 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288907 Mar 14, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The translation proves I can, but that's beside the point.
You claimed "nothing happened" in Numbers 5: 11-31, when clearly those verses prove you wrong. In fact, in making that claim, you call YHVH a liar.
Ink: "I don't think anything at all happens. I think it is only the threat that gets her to admit the indescretion."
Because unlike you, she wouldn't be stupid enough to drink it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288908 Mar 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You long for an ideal that has never existed.
Try reality.
Happens all the time.
Biff

United States

#288909 Mar 14, 2013
i usually wipe.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288910 Mar 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because unlike you, she wouldn't be stupid enough to drink it.
lol

Musta hit a nerve.

Yer stoooooooopid!

You reject God's Word! Yes, you did!

God proclaims "if she be defiled , and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell , and her thigh shall rot :"

but Ink says, "I don't think anything at all happens. I think it is only the threat that gets her to admit the indescretion."

All you're doing is calling God a LIAR.

BUSTED!

chan

Dallas, TX

#288912 Mar 14, 2013
who?
Ocean56

AOL

#288913 Mar 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
He's a rotten president and I can't wait until he fades into oblivion.
No, the really ROTTEN president was Gee Dumbya Bush, and I was so glad to see the back of THAT idiot. Then again, his daddy, Bush Senior, wasn't so hot as a president either. Almost like father, like son, only in this case, the son was even worse.

As far as I'M concerned, President Obama has been an excellent president. That's why I voted for him twice, and so far he hasn't disappointed me.
Ocean56

AOL

#288914 Mar 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
Haven't you read the links supplied regarding the countries where embryo/fetuses have equal rights to the women gestating these? When pregnancy is unwanted/unhealthy, terminating it may be the healthiest option. This is denied in those countries. Then women turn to illegal means. Or they die.
But I guess that's exactly as you want it, here, in America!
Yep, that's exactly how anti-choice extremists want for women in America. Let's remember that many of them don't like women escaping the unwanted outcome of pregnancy by using contraception either.

In their tiny little "minds," women have only ONE valid purpose in life, and that is marriage/motherhood. The idea that women can cheerfully reject either or both is anathema to them.
Ocean56

AOL

#288915 Mar 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
"No educated person today need ever become pregnant if they don't want to."
Tell that to all the rape and incest victims. Tell that to all the women who are not that well educated (like in the Bible belt where some ignoramuses think sex ed promotes sexual promiscuity). Tell that to the poor people who can't afford healthcare services or OTC birth control.
Exactly. Regressive idiots like Gtown like to ignore certain facts that contradict their moronic assertions.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288917 Mar 15, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Musta hit a nerve.
Yer stoooooooopid!
You reject God's Word! Yes, you did!
God proclaims "if she be defiled , and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell , and her thigh shall rot :"
but Ink says, "I don't think anything at all happens. I think it is only the threat that gets her to admit the indescretion."
All you're doing is calling God a LIAR.
BUSTED!
She wouldn't drink it if she was guilty.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288918 Mar 15, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the really ROTTEN president was Gee Dumbya Bush, and I was so glad to see the back of THAT idiot. Then again, his daddy, Bush Senior, wasn't so hot as a president either. Almost like father, like son, only in this case, the son was even worse.
As far as I'M concerned, President Obama has been an excellent president. That's why I voted for him twice, and so far he hasn't disappointed me.
Huge new taxes due to Obamacare
Used executive order to hid the truth behind Fast and Furious
Used temporary amnesty to buy Hispanic votes
Doubled the dept in 3 years
Has convinced Iran that he won't stop their nuclear plans
Spent tens of billions to pump up his friends companies that were going bankrupt
Never explained why he did nothing to protect Amb Chris Stevens.

What has he done for you?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#288920 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If we were discussing a book or a movie would mentioning the characters mean I believe they exist? Does discussing God with a Christian mean I think he exists?
C'mon Ink, I'm trying to have a civil discussion with you but if you want to play the jackass I'll just move on.
She's not playing.

Atrisco Village

#288921 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh okay, you can't discuss God with an atheist. But an atheist can discuss God with you.
I'll move on to converse with other people then.
Ink illustrates a clear example of how religious fanatics corral themselves into isolated flocks of sheep that all bleet the same tune. They don't dare allow themselves to have a discussion in which they may be challenged. It scares them, poor things.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288922 Mar 15, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ink illustrates a clear example of how religious fanatics corral themselves into isolated flocks of sheep that all bleet the same tune. They don't dare allow themselves to have a discussion in which they may be challenged. It scares them, poor things.
Pure drivel. I have taken on any legitimate discussion but don't try to tell me how a God 'that doesn't exist' would act if He did.

What worthwhile conversation can be had?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288923 Mar 15, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's exactly how anti-choice extremists want for women in America. Let's remember that many of them don't like women escaping the unwanted outcome of pregnancy by using contraception either.
In their tiny little "minds," women have only ONE valid purpose in life, and that is marriage/motherhood. The idea that women can cheerfully reject either or both is anathema to them.
What I don't get, Ocean, is the fact with around 4M annual in the USA compared to around 800K annual terminations, why magnify the focus on terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies in the first place? Why try to force safe, sterile, monitored abortion underground? Is it to claim they "saved the babies" when they did anything but that?!

It just seems so backward, imo.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288924 Mar 15, 2013
huh? 4M annual births
Forum

Lovington, NM

#288925 Mar 15, 2013
Let us give thanks to the Lord our God. Amen.

Atrisco Village

#288926 Mar 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure drivel. I have taken on any legitimate discussion but don't try to tell me how a God 'that doesn't exist' would act if He did.
What worthwhile conversation can be had?
Nah. You are incapable of having an honest discussion or of giving a straight answer to a straight question. That comment is a perfect example. I'll be generous and allow that you fancy yourself a clever person, but you are fooling yourself. It's okay, think whatever you like.

Atrisco Village

#288927 Mar 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
Let us give thanks to the Lord our God. Amen.
You're welcome, my child.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288928 Mar 15, 2013
That was hateful and evil. Shame on you!

It's "bleat." Everything else was spot-on, though...:)
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ink illustrates a clear example of how religious fanatics corral themselves into isolated flocks of sheep that all bleet the same tune. They don't dare allow themselves to have a discussion in which they may be challenged. It scares them, poor things.

Atrisco Village

#288929 Mar 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That was hateful and evil. Shame on you!
It's "bleat." Everything else was spot-on, though...:)
<quoted text>
Forgive me, fadda. I would genuflect but it makes my pants baggy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Bluestater 1,232,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,523
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 3 hr hrichard91 37
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 19,927
News Pastor Shot Outside Connecticut Church While Pu... 16 hr BUSTER CRABBE 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr TRD 70,019
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) May 22 usherhollens 17
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]