Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313200 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#287754 Mar 3, 2013
pups wrote:
Just stopping by .. been away for a bit.
Hello to all
Hi Pupsy :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287755 Mar 3, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair point.
I suppose we can "chalk this up" to the reaction that an ex smoker or drinker has when he/she views those whom are still "addicted."
Heya John!

Isn't the difference with ex-smokers/drinkers that some understand how hard it is to quit so don't judge those who are addicted, and those who lecture and judge, expecting others to quit as they did.

The difference between encouraging/offering advice, instead of making it a moral failure and having the attitude of "I'm superior to you".

Michelle hit the nail on the head -- humility is in order here.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#287756 Mar 3, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday is the Sabbath? Typical comment from an anti semitic person that we know you and Binter are.
Seriously, have you always been this stupid?
Have you always been a total bich?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287757 Mar 3, 2013
pups wrote:
Foo around the threads anymore ??
Who is knit and pray now ??
Hi Pups!

Yup, Foo is around. I haven't seen her post a whole lot the last couple of weeks. You'll probably catch her if you stick around.

What's shakin' in Kuhnaydia?
Forum

Abiquiu, NM

#287758 Mar 3, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday is the Sabbath? Typical comment from an anti semitic person that we know you and Binter are.
Seriously, have you always been this stupid?
Sabado is Saturday.
Sunday was the first day and Saturday
the day that he rested?
The calendar starts the week on Sunday.
We are to do no work on the Sabbath.
It is Holy.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287760 Mar 3, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Sabado is Saturday.
Sunday was the first day and Saturday
the day that he rested?
The calendar starts the week on Sunday.
We are to do no work on the Sabbath.
It is Holy.
I found this on wikipedia. It says that Monday is creation day.

[edit] The Era

Jewish Talmudic Calendar is coupled with the Rabbinical Chronology, taking Monday,(Julian) Oct 7, 3761 BC. as the date of creation, and the beginning of the Era of the World (Anno Mundi). The reference junction of the Sun and the Moon (Molad 1) on the day of creation is considered to be at 5 hours and 204 halakim, or 11:11:20 pm, in the evening of Sunday, Oct 7, 3761 BC.[3]

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#287761 Mar 3, 2013
pups wrote:
Just stopping by .. been away for a bit.
Hello to all
"Pup-C!"

Hiya luv!

My very best to you and yours, and my sincere wishes that all is well with you.

You have been missed my friend...:)

Location hidden

#287762 Mar 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that as I did have my leg broken last year when a horse jumped on me but this time I just fell on my face. Nose is a little swollen too.
Thanks
Been watching the history of Christianity on the history channel today since I can't do much else.
Also saw a program on the same channel where they found the ossuary of Caiaphas who basically condemned Jesus and found two nails used for crucifixion in with his bones.
Why am I getting the "feeling" that you're just, "Yeah, yeah, yeah-ing" me...?

"Ink," my friend, I'd be more than happy to discuss the "history" of Jesus, his ministry, and what-have-you with you until the proverbial "cows" come home--we'll probably never come to a point of agreement but I think we'll both agree it was a good "argument."

Now, enough of that nonsense, will you PLEASE stop posting and go and get your hand(and nose) checked out?

Good grief!!! You ARE as bad as my parents!!!

Don't reply--go!

Lotsa love,

John.
:)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287763 Mar 3, 2013
based on reality wrote:
<quoted text>You are filled with pride. Beware.
You are FOS. Begone!

Location hidden

#287764 Mar 3, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya John!
Isn't the difference with ex-smokers/drinkers that some understand how hard it is to quit so don't judge those who are addicted, and those who lecture and judge, expecting others to quit as they did.
The difference between encouraging/offering advice, instead of making it a moral failure and having the attitude of "I'm superior to you".
Michelle hit the nail on the head -- humility is in order here.
Dude, are you sure you had the "Free-Will" to write this post or was it not "dictated" by a "higher power?"

Just razzin' ya my friend--how the heck are you?

No! I definitely don't want to get into "that" discussion again.
;P
Truth be told though, there's a lot of truth when current smokers say, "There's nothing worse than a "reformed" smoker!"
I think the same can be said for "reformed" drinkers.
I haven't seen a good "anti-smoking" film, but two films that stand out vividly in my mind regarding alcoholism are "The Days of Wine and Roses," and "Leaving Las Vegas."
Neither are really "redemptive" stories, but, deal with their subject matter pretty "matter-o'factly."

You are 100% correct--"Michelle" hit the nail on the head; "humility" is indeed in order...

Good to "see" you "STO!"
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287765 Mar 3, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I getting the "feeling" that you're just, "Yeah, yeah, yeah-ing" me...?
"Ink," my friend, I'd be more than happy to discuss the "history" of Jesus, his ministry, and what-have-you with you until the proverbial "cows" come home--we'll probably never come to a point of agreement but I think we'll both agree it was a good "argument."
Now, enough of that nonsense, will you PLEASE stop posting and go and get your hand(and nose) checked out?
Good grief!!! You ARE as bad as my parents!!!
Don't reply--go!
Lotsa love,
John.
I'll bet your parents are doing just fine. Been around long enough to know when something is going to heal on it's own. Can't do my job and be a sissy.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#287766 Mar 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Most people who circumcize their kids are christians, idiot.
<quoted text>
Please submit your facts for that statment, gay pagan.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#287767 Mar 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid enough to think that fathers aren't involved in this decision? Are there no Christian males who have been circumcised? When a couple has a male baby in the hospital they are asked if they plan on circumcision. It isn't a pagan thing, or a woman thing...it has become a cultural thing.
Get a clue, Ass.
Self lothing and self mutilation are conerstones of paganism just as live sacrifice. So you are OK with mutilating newborn males, pagan?
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#287768 Mar 3, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
While historical records may indicate that the practice of circumcision can be traced back to parts of Africa, including ancient Egypt, it happens to part of the religious law of Judaism--the "covenant with God."
The depths of your ignorance about not merely "paganism," but the roots of your own religion are apparently limitless.
Read your Bible my good "Tom-Tom." Genesis 17:10-12.
"This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
"And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
"And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed."
Seriously "Tom-tom," changing your earlier goofy screen-name to one that's equally idiotic hasn't done you any favors. Until you come up with some "new" material and drop your worn out "Pagan" schtick, and your obvious misogyny--the practice of circumcision originated in male-dominant societies--you're going to continue to be a laughingstock here...
I beleive Tom was banned by Topix after you pagans banded together to have him tossed. I am here to pick up the banner of protecting unborn children from proabort pagans like yourself. So some old religious cult pracitce meakes it ok to mutilate male children? The cutting of the cl!t of youn girls is practiced in some sociites. I am sure you are ok with that as well pagan?

Any practice that advocates the intentional mutilation of babies is evil. If you are jealous that the jews and not only pagans do it, that is not my problem.

You are still a probabort pagan twit, regardless of whether I or Tom says you are, pagan.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#287769 Mar 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you always been a total bich?
What a very mean and vile thing to say, pagan.

I pray for your soul.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287770 Mar 3, 2013
pups wrote:
Foo around the threads anymore ??
Who is knit and pray now ??
PUPS!! Email me ([email protected])!!! Missed you and thinking of you often!!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#287771 Mar 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this on wikipedia. It says that Monday is creation day.
[edit] The Era
Jewish Talmudic Calendar is coupled with the Rabbinical Chronology, taking Monday,(Julian) Oct 7, 3761 BC. as the date of creation, and the beginning of the Era of the World (Anno Mundi). The reference junction of the Sun and the Moon (Molad 1) on the day of creation is considered to be at 5 hours and 204 halakim, or 11:11:20 pm, in the evening of Sunday, Oct 7, 3761 BC.[3]
Sunday is the first day there is Sun.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287772 Mar 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would support them sterilizing themselves.
I thought sterilization was condemned by the Catholic church as much as abortion was. "The Catholic Church also recognizes that sterilization is not only evil when done to individual persons, but that it is a vital part of the "conspiracy against life" waged by a "culture of death" when used for population control. Puts you right up there with us doesn't it?
worships reality

United States

#287773 Mar 3, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have personal opinions. They're irrelevant, because I'm not the one making a choice, I'm not trying to have my personal opinions on any aspect of this issue legislated, and my personal opinions form no part of my argument in this debate.
What possible difference could it make to any woman making her own choice how I feel about any of it?
what possible difference could it make to any woman making her own choice how you feel about her right to make her own choice? yet your personal opinion on that you tell us every chance you get. you pusillanimous twirp.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287774 Mar 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering if you think it is better to use BC than to depend on abortion to fix things.
You support sterilization, what's the difference in the Catholic beliefs on sterilization and bc to prevent life from being created? Nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,480,231
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min mdbuilder 62,904
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 71,311
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Me Impressed 7,992
How DEPRESSING is it living in The State Of Con... (May '16) Tue Hoody Hoodpecker 4
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) Jan 16 Mona 112
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jan 14 Rujoking 320

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages