Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309851 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287470 Feb 28, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If the woman didn't want to be pregnant then do you think the person should be charged for the loss of that pregnancy?.
If the woman didn't want to remain pregnant, she'd have had an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287471 Feb 28, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
But, we're Pro-choice. Like Bitner said. We are against forced abortion. Like Bitner said.
She doesn't understand that BECAUSE we are pro-choice, we're also against forced abortion.

Pro-choicers don't force anyone to have abortions. Anti-choicers do.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287472 Feb 28, 2013
Circumcision is rarely medically necessary, but hospitals perform them all the time.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The exceptions don't disprove the rule."
Good point, but yet you condem Catholic hospitals for not performing abortions. It is rare that an abortion is necessary. Why should they be forced to perform abortions when medically necessary abortions are the exception, not the rule?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287473 Feb 28, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> And sassy says you are a liar. I gave but a few examples to prove it to you.
The examples you gave were not pro-choice. They were anti-choice.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#287474 Feb 28, 2013
Don't forget to vote! The most popular poll in all of Topix!

Unbiased Fan's funniest quotes of 2013 (so far)

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/long-island-c...
Forum

Lovington, NM

#287475 Feb 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If the woman didn't want to remain pregnant, she'd have had an abortion.
What is the obsession with death?

“Mickey Mantle”

Since: Aug 08

565 foot home run ball

#287476 Feb 28, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
Don't forget to vote! The most popular poll in all of Topix!
Isn't he one of those anti abortion right wing nut jobs that makes disgusting remarks about women?

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#287477 Feb 28, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't he one of those anti abortion right wing nut jobs that makes disgusting remarks about women?
Yes! Yes he is! Cheats on his wife every chance he gets. God knows how many women he's impregnated over the past year or so since he supposedly got married. Seems all this guy does is leave a trail of babies & crime.

Vote against this bum!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287478 Feb 28, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>All that shows is that they're not pro-abortion. It's you who insists that they're proabort.
You can't be a pro abort if you support the two other choices. Pro choice has nothing to do with viability.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287479 Feb 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Circumcision is rarely medically necessary, but hospitals perform them all the time.
<quoted text>
As if any woman would show up at a Catholic hospital for anything but a medically necessary abortion and in the last case one did, she died even tho it was medically necessary and life or death.
Gtown71

United States

#287480 Feb 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that women aren't having illegal abortions today? The rate of abortions in many countries where it is currently illegal is about the same as in this country. And are you aware that in Canada, a country that has no restrictions on abortion, the rates are LOWER than here?
Thanks for knowing women ARE having illegal abortions. Instead of over 3000 abortions a day, and over 25% of all babies that could be born are aborted, the number "may " be closer to half of all babies that could be born are aborted.

My geuss is about one third.
Gtown71

United States

#287481 Feb 28, 2013
STO wrote:
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. The woman does not decide what it is: It is an embryo or a fetus. That is what it is.
You're labels are meaningless hyperbole
<quoted text>
No, dipsh^t. I'm telling you. That's why my post was in reply to yours.
Ok brother thanks for straightening me out.
The unborn is either an embryo or a fetus.:)
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287482 Feb 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnancy IS a punishment, to me anyway. Don't like my saying that, NoRelevance? Too bleeping bad. I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing, thank goodness. Pregnancy would be extremely UNWELCOME, so I am very grateful for the contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE for the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.
Just because a woman has sex DOESN'T mean she wants pregnancy and children. That's what contraception is for, to prevent that unwanted outcome to the best of my ability. Luckily for me, it has never failed.
By the way, you prove YOURSELF to be the imbecile here, every time you post.
YES, we all get it already! You hated being pregnant, you hate your own femininity. You use a strap on on your husband. Your poor child is in tehrapy having to listen to your self-hatred everyday.
I hope your ONLY child is not a girl, if she is, what a messed up idea of womanhood she has.
I really feel sorry for her. I hope you have at least sprung for therapy. If not she is going to be one messed up pagan chick. The best thing for her would to become a nun and hopefully undo your parenting.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287483 Feb 28, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a lie. Pro-Choice absolutely does not advocate forced abortion. Just like I said. Just like Bitner said.
Right, you just support the right of a woman to kill her unborn child, just lkie bitter.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287484 Feb 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalized male mutilation. I would never allow it on my children. Why not cut the cl!t on girls? Barabric practice, eeven by pagan standards.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#287485 Feb 28, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the murderer is always charged with a second killing.
The coronor will charge the person with fetal murder. As well he should. No pagan law here.
Gtown71

United States

#287486 Feb 28, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, you just support the right of a woman to kill her unborn child, just lkie bitter.
Don't you just love it when people say they are NOT for something,yet spend all their time defending the very thing they say they are NOT for? Lol

Before the election I was talking to a woman who said she would NOT be voting, and was NOT for obama, yet she spent all her time posting links to show how "good" obama was.

Indianapolis

#287487 Mar 1, 2013
Coroners don't charge anyone with anything. They determine cause of death, if possible. The DA's office brings formal charges.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
The coronor will charge the person with fetal murder. As well he should. No pagan law here.

Indianapolis

#287488 Mar 1, 2013
You mean like people who call themselves christians even though they act nothing like christ said to?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love it when people say they are NOT for something,yet spend all their time defending the very thing they say they are NOT for? Lol
Before the election I was talking to a woman who said she would NOT be voting, and was NOT for obama, yet she spent all her time posting links to show how "good" obama was.
Ocean56

AOL

#287489 Mar 1, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
Do you have any hormones left in your body? Are you a woman? Sounds like you hate being a woman. Does your child know that his /her mother found him /her anburden..a punishment?
That child is on medicine, correct?
Did child protection services remove him/her from your home?
You're a very disturbed individual.
Ah, you're still posting LIES about me, I see. Why am I not surprised, since LIES are all that anti-choice imbeciles like you, Tomtom (aka "theprince"), NoRelevance and others have left.

For the record, I had said that since I'm DONE with the whole procreation thing (having had my ONE child by choice), I would consider any FUTURE pregnancies a punishment. Since I don't want any MORE children, pregnancy would be very unwelcome. So I'm very thankful for the contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.

Just because YOU believe women should be nothing more than mindless baby factories, popping out one kid after another, doesn't mean that I or any other woman has to believe the same. Thankfully, EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF how many kids SHE wants, rather than the church or the state making those decisions for her. Don't like women having that freedom? Too bleeping bad, sASSy. It isn't up to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,232,042
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,456
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) 2 hr usherhollens 17
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr TOASTER 19,919
News Conn. Gay Couple Accused of Molesting Adopted Sons (Dec '11) 15 hr George 592
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr TRD 70,012
News Strangers Come To Hartford Student's Aid (Mar '09) Thu didusayhome 120
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]