Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#287369 Feb 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 25: 41-46
Everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. That would be hell.
The original and current meaning of Hel had nothing to do with devils or everlasting fire. Too bad you don't even know the history of the word or idea. Hel is a place of COLDNESS and stillness. You can have your everlasting fire; just don't call it hell, because hell is never mentioned in your bible and it's meaning has nothing to do with your religion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287370 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
How can someone be charged with assulting what doesn't exist?
By insisting that lawmakers use incorrect terms, and that the fetus be considered a "victim" for the purpose of such a law. That was YOUR side, not ours. We're not responsible, yet you are unreasonably holding us responsible. It's dishonest, but then you're not known for your intellectual honesty.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287371 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this stupid?
The only difference between a spontaneous abortion and an induced abortion is that with the former, the woman's body makes that decision, and with the latter, her mind makes that decision.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287372 Feb 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between a spontaneous abortion and an induced abortion is that with the former, the woman's body makes that decision, and with the latter, her mind makes that decision.
I guess some of you really are that stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287373 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess some of you really are that stupid.
Nah, just realistic.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287374 Feb 28, 2013
Speaking of realists, just saw something cute on FB.

"Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist,

While you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it.

Signed,
The Opportunist"

:)
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#287376 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a fetus, and it should be a lesser crime because there was no child involved. If it isn't a crime for a woman, or abortionist, to assult a fetus then it shouldn't be a crime for anyone else.I
This is complete nonsense of cource, since its a medical decision for a woman to make. When she is attacked and her pregnancy harmed, the decision is being taken from her without her permission.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287377 Feb 28, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>This is complete nonsense of cource, since its a medical decision for a woman to make. When she is attacked and her pregnancy harmed, the decision is being taken from her without her permission.
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a pregnancy, not the assult of an unborn child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287378 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should have been charged with the assult of a pregnancy, not the assult of an unborn child.
Blame your own side for that. It's not PCer's doing.
sickofyou

United States

#287379 Feb 28, 2013
sickofit wrote:
If I crumple up a $100 bill and throw it away it is my choice. If some steals it and crumples it up it is againt my will and therefore a crime.
GET THE POINT.
Not at all.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#287380 Feb 28, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I was about to disagree myself but failed to consider this.....what about the very real possible scenario of a woman who finds out she is pregnant at 10 weeks but does not want to gestate herself nor does she agree to using an artificial womb ? She basically does not want any offspring of hers in existence whether naturally or artificially gestated. In that sense abortion would still very much be an issue.
I understand that, but unless I'm mistaken, the discussion had been about STO's "artificial womb" hypothetical, in the future, where a fetus at 8 weeks could be "viable", according to his thinking.

He stated "viability" could become "pracically limitless", to which you replied that in that case, so could abortion.

How could "viability" be practically limitless,(keep in mind he used the point of 8 weeks), if he was talking about women becoming pregnant naturally, without artificial wombs? If viability would be practicially limitless due to artificial wombs, then abortion would be a non-issue in such cases, and is why I disagreed with her having a point about that. If a woman would be using asn artificial womb, she wouldn't be wanting to abort her developing child.

My understanding was that the dicussion based on STO's hypothetical was only about artificial wombs and the possibilities [they] allow about viability. That it was not a discussion that included natural pregnancies; viability in that regard, or abortion in that regard.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#287381 Feb 28, 2013
Correction to Doc:*He stated "viability" could become "pracically limitless", to which you replied something to the effect that abortion could become a non-issue.*

Sorry, haven't been around in awhile and haven't taken the time to look back to see what exactly was said.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287382 Feb 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this stupid?
Not at all. An abortion is a process of which a pregnancy is terminated regardless of it being natural or deliberate. If you have had a miscarriage you had an abortion.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#287383 Feb 28, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. An abortion is a process of which a pregnancy is terminated regardless of it being natural or deliberate. If you have had a miscarriage you had an abortion.
An abortion bymedical terms only. Have you ever had a miscarriage? Its devistating to the parents. Elective abortion is the intentional killing of the unborn.
No Relativism

United States

#287384 Feb 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's aborting her pregnancy. Abortion is defined medically as pregnancy ending prior to term. The embryo or fetus may already be dead or it may die as a result of it. When the majority of abortions take place, the embryo is roughly the size of a Tic Tac.
Katie: "When the majority of abortions take place, the embryo is roughly the size of a Tic Tac."

^^^ Discriminates do death based on human being's size ^^^
No Relativism

United States

#287385 Feb 28, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. An abortion is a process of which a pregnancy is terminated regardless of it being natural or deliberate. If you have had a miscarriage you had an abortion.
AyaDontKnow: "An abortion is a process of which a pregnancy is terminated regardless of it being natural or deliberate."

It doesn't matter if grandma died naturally from a heart attack, or from you blowing her head off with a shot gun. She died either way.
No Relativism

United States

#287386 Feb 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman WANTS pregnancy and children, obviously not. Pregnancy IS a punishment for any woman who DOESN'T want pregnancy or children.
That's why women use contraceptives, "genius," to AVOID the unwanted outcome of pregnancy to the best of their ability. Militant religionist imbeciles like yourself don't seem to like the idea of women using contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy either. Too bad for you. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, which means women can reject it for any reason.
Ocean: "Pregnancy IS a punishment for any woman who DOESN'T want pregnancy or children."

Pregnancy isn't a punishment.

Everyone knows that pregnancy is the result of engaging in sex. Over half of those who get an abortion were using contraception at time of pregnancy.

Surely you know what causes pregnancy, Ocean.

Why do you act so suprised that pregnancy results from sex? Are you an imbecile?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287387 Feb 28, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>An abortion bymedical terms only. Have you ever had a miscarriage? Its devistating to the parents. Elective abortion is the intentional killing of the unborn.
It makes no difference if I have miscarried or not. The process is the same. The word or the definition isn't any different, that's the point. The point isn't the effects of abortion natural or induced.
No Relativism

United States

#287388 Feb 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't discussing "most prolifers". I was discussing the premise of the entire PLM (being as I just read and linked the history of it for Ink recently).
I disagree, though. I do not believe there can be equal rights between woman and fetus. Woman's rights trump fetus' since it is unformed, unkown, and unknowing. That doesn't necessarily equate to disrespecting or not protecting it, imo.
Klueless Katiekins: "Woman's rights trump fetus' since it is unformed, unkown, and unknowing."

You're peri-menopausal and "unforming" as we type.

I'm sure many in your life wish they could "unknow" you.

You are not above those human beigns in the womb. THEY aren't trying to kill other innocent human beings. YOU are.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287389 Feb 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read into Romans 9, just about anything you wish.
Only if you're dishonest or ignorant.

The book isn't called "Romans" for no reason.

Those passages you mentioned are not talking about hell.

It's that simple. I don't know why you'd think they are.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe a person has very little to do with their salvation, and cannot get saved whenever "they " choose.
Previously, you stated people are saved by faith OR works. Works would be of their choosing, would they not?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>You read the whole chapter and see what you think.
I've read the whole book. I've read the entire Bible. You have to keep a passage in context to its chapter and each chapter in context to its book.

And it wouldn't kill you to use a Strong's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Injudgement 1,383,699
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Barack calls me B... 59,531
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr orange girly man 20,307
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Fri TRD 70,607
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May 23 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May 23 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages