Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
269,721 - 269,740 of 305,447 Comments Last updated 56 min ago
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#287190 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Always an excuse. Once upon a time, when first married, I couldn't afford contraception and I didn't have sex on the days that I could become pregnant. It's called responsibility, not perfection.
Do you think that Obamacare should cover the cost of contraception?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287191 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the big deal? We all know that PP does more abortions than anyone else. 3800 a day. If a few get prenatal care, it doesn't affect the 3800 who don't. Why do you deny that PP is in the abortion business and in fact is the largest.
**sighs** PP does NOT do 3800 abortions a day you ass. In 2010 they only did 329,445

http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/ppfa_financi...

Do the math you dumb bitch.

Its 902 a day. With approxamately 820 clinics in the US, that's 1.1 per clinic.

STOP the STUPID lying already.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287192 Feb 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the homosexual priests and cardinals (and bishops) aren't pedophiles.
But yes, we know they're trying to "help" the pedophiles too. That's a big part of why the Pope is resigning, because in trying to "help" the criminals, they ignored the victims.
<quoted text>
The sad part is, you dont even know how ignorant you are.
We'll see.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287193 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! You're not fully formed (guess on my part), and yet here you, are comparing born individuals with z/e/f. If you cannot for whatever reason grasp the magnitude of the difference, being home schooled did you no favors. Get out in the world if you're permitted to do so and notice that "persons" breathe air.
I missed the part in Roe v. Wade where "breathing air" is what makes a human being's existence of value & compelling interest to society.

Maybe I should go back and read it again. Then again, maybe you should go read it once.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287194 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, no, PP clinics do NOT perform 3800 abortions per day. They perform 914 per day. That was established yesterday.
To recap; the number of abortions in this country per year ranges from 800,000 to 1.2 million. THAT number amounts to slightly over 3800 per day. The number of abortions performed by PP clinics for the latest recorded year was 333,964. And THAT number reduces to 914 per day, spread out among those of the 820 clinics that operate under Planned Parenthood. Feel free to do the math yourself. PP clinics are the single largest provider, at 28% of abortions done, ONLY because they are the only organization that has multiple clinics under it's name. The REST of the 72% of abortions are provided by privately owned clinics and hospitals.
Two, I have not denied that they perform abortions. YOU are in denial that they do not ONLY perform abortions. They are healthcare clinics, providing many medical services, and abortion is only a small fraction of what they provide.
Three, the deal was your erroneous implication that pregnant women only go to PP clinics to have abortions, which is disproven by the fact that there are PP clinics that also offer prenatal care.
Okay 914 a day.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287195 Feb 27, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! You're not fully formed (guess on my part), and yet here you, are comparing born individuals with z/e/f. If you cannot for whatever reason grasp the magnitude of the difference, being home schooled did you no favors. Get out in the world if you're permitted to do so and notice that "persons" breathe air.
JunketInHerTrunket: "(NR), You're not fully formed."

Junket, you got carried away in your weight formation.

Be careful!

Liberals have a propensity to place random demarcations for whose life is not worth living along others' human-life spectrums.

"First trimester"...."First breath"....."until 48 hours after birth for brain changes"..."before viability"..."mental ly disabled"..."elderly no longer contributing to society"....

.....obese people might be next.

P.S. I hope you're hanging in there since Twinkies went under.....
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287196 Feb 27, 2013
Let's recap:

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If we obeyed God, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Let's bring God back into his world that he created. That should suffice.
:)

STO: That's a nice thought. Quite impossible, but a nice thought.

sassy: Impossible? With God? Are you denying the power of God by giving Satan such glory to control us?. Do you just succumb to sin or do you trust God? Evil begets evil. Living a life with God and throuh the power of prager, many will change by your example.

With God ALL things are possible.

Let peace begin with me.....

Charity begins at home....

STO: Maybe you should re-read your own post, that I responded to. I had a feeling you wouldn't get it.

Think about the discussion we had about Peter, and remember that Christ will return when He's good and ready.
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I see you conveniently ignored my reply to your post. What you wrote here ^^ has nothing to do with my post or the post (of yours where you said that putting God back into his world was impossible).
You want to continue discussing Peter? Ok then.
Even after I gave you a walloping hint, you still don't get it. You're a frustrating person to post to because you don't stop and think. You seem to believe everyone is on your train of thought.

(sigh)

I'll explain where you took a detour.

You said "if we obeyed God..." and "Let's bring God back into his world that he created".

Both of these statements are impossible. That is why I referred you back to our discussion about Peter. Peter wasn't capable of "obeying" God all the time. None of us are. We are all far from perfect.

Second thing, we can't "bring God back into his world". First of all, like you said it's His. He's in control. AND Christ will return when He is good and ready -- we have no power to make Him hasten along. "Like a theif in the night", sjm.

Stop trying to find something "wrong" all the time, and just go with the flow.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287197 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay 914 a day.
That's all you got?

That's fine. I'll accept your tacit admittance that you were completely wrong.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287198 Feb 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Stanek lies out her ass when ordering breakfast. Moreover, that's not proof, that's some kind of voodoo-science estimation based on NO hard data at all.
<quoted text>
Um, Stanek didn't make the correction & provide the numbers. Left-leaning NPR healh policy correspondent Julie Rovner is the one who made corrections.

You need to actually read material provided, do your best to avoid emoting before thinking/typing. Otherwise, you make an ass out of yourself. Again.

Caring.
_______

Rovner: Well, the conflict is really that PP keeps its statistics according to the percent of those services that are provided, not according to how many people get what. So it turns out that there are that indeed, abortions are 3% of the services provided, although and that was what, I think, Sarah Stoesz from PP kind of MISSPOKE when she said it was 3% of patients who come in get abortions.
It is actually a little bit closer to the 10% that Marjorie Dannenfesler suggested, because there are about 3 million patients who come in. There are about 300,000 abortions provided."

http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/03/npr-fact-ch...
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287199 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie is aging, not developing.
If Katie is "unforming" then she's not fully formed.

Right?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287200 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
We go through an aging process, not a developmental process.
Human beings go through stages along the human life spectrum. Those in the womb are at the front end of the human life spectrum. A post-menopausal Katie would be further along the spectrum.

"Developmental process" is the incorrect designation to use as an excuse for killing. Newborns' eyesight, digestive system, heart, trunk stability, mobility, etc. must continue developmental process. What about puberty, development of self-identity, etc. later on?

Try again.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287201 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws.
==========
Analyst: Photos suggest
YOU are a moron. Court TV didn't do the autopsy you idiot.

"GERAGOS: Okay. Now, you, your ultimate conclusion was you could not determine if the baby was born alive, correct?

PETERSON: That's correct.

GERAGOS: And I've asked you, obviously, because we've gone over this before, you could not rule out that he was born alive; isn't that correct?

PETERSON: That's correct.

http://pwc-sii.com/CourtDocs/Transcripts/Pete...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287202 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they use circular logic so often, it looks like a Spirograph. Remember those?
YES! Those were cool. I wonder if you can still find them.

Notice how they've changed some games? LIFE was a favorite, but now you can't find the original. They messed it all up. Cheap bastards.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287204 Feb 27, 2013
Really? You spoke to him? Are you a prison groupie,getting off on "bad boys?"

Or are you just lying your ass off again?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Peterson says you are wrong from his jail cell.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287205 Feb 27, 2013
So all the others are "the guilties"?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always. We have a cemetary where a special section called 'the innocents' is where stillborns and aborted babies are buried.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287206 Feb 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have certainly proven its impossible for you - who can't even practice what you preach. STO is correct, its a nice thought, but impossible.
I had to walk sjm thru the exchange step by step. I don't think she pays attention to her own words, half the time.

Was listening to reports about the Pope's last address to the people, etc. etc. I found it weird - odd -- that Jesus Christ was hardly mentioned. At one point someone reported that the Pope said something like "having my hand on the shoulder of God". I don't know if he was quoted correctly, but if he was...WEIRD, I tell ya! It's like the office of the Pope is more important than God, Himself.

I dunno. I'm not Catholic. I don't get it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287207 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see, you're drunk. Got it.
I thought Gtown was here to preach his testimony. Everyone on this thread has heard it, so why hasn't he moved on to another thread? He sticks around to troll.

I still think it's Big Sky. Gtown rambles and bloviates, then unravels like he's drunk -- exactly like Big Sky.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287208 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Peterson says you are wrong from his jail cell.
No he doesn't.

You've been shown more than once what and why the charge and conviction of fetal homicide happened. It's up to you to understand it as its meant to be without your wishful thinking attached, mucking it up so you say the crap you said above.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#287210 Feb 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
grumpy: "bundling" would show a lower population and thus a higher percentage of abortions.
_________
Wrong.
Planned Parenthood "UNbundles" for patients not receiving abortion. Example:
Patty Leg Spreader got 10 condoms & 3 packs of contraception, breast exam, pelvic exam = 15 visits
PP "Bundles" for abortion patients. Example:
Brenda Baby Killer receives pap smear, anesthesia, suction curettage abortion, pain killers = 1 visit
Grumpy: 1 is less than 15.
Therefore, bundling DOES show a lower percentage of abortion services (3%) compared to other Planned Parenthood services (97%). Which is exactly the intent of PP's fuzzy calculations.
Review:
grumpy's original contention: "bundling" would show a lower population and thus a higher percentage of abortions.
Correction: "bundling" would show a lower population of those receiving abortion services compared to the exaggerated number of those receiving other services.....thus making abortion services appear significantly & comparatively a LOWER percentage than other services.
What were you saying about Math?
That's what I thought.
You may now turn back on the radio.
And you know that PP counts 13 birth control paraphanalia as 13 visits from what expert auditor????
Even lifenews admits they have no accurate data regarding PP visits.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287211 Feb 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! Those were cool. I wonder if you can still find them.
Notice how they've changed some games? LIFE was a favorite, but now you can't find the original. They messed it all up. Cheap bastards.
I bought one for the girls around 10 years or so ago. It was very similar, but had cool stuff (like funky shaped "wheels"). I think now they've gotten a little more high tech. Should probably get one for the granddaughter. She'd love it!

How did the game of Life change? Ticket for not wearing a seat belt instead of speeding? Ticket for no insurance because you didn't land on the square to purchase it? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min PDUPONT 1,100,232
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 46,316
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Truthforthought 18,871
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 68,369
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 18 hr Sir Samuel 20
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search