Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311627 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#287102 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a baby only when someone else causes it harm, but when the mother wants it dead it's not.....how convienent.
Yes it is.

I've brought up the fact, that if a person guns down a pregnant woman, while waiting to be called back for an abortion, that that person would be charged in the death of 2, instead of 1. The way it is now, they should only charge the person with 1 murder, and the pay that person a lesser fee, for taken care of the abortion.:(
Gtown71

United States

#287103 Feb 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus' civil rights do not exist. Not until following a complete birth.
Tell that to all those in prison for killing a pregnant woman. See if their time is longer or shorter, becouse of the fetus.
Gtown71

United States

#287104 Feb 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they use circular logic so often, it looks like a Spirograph. Remember those?
You mean like evilution? These fossil shells are this old, becouse they are found in this layer of earth. This layer of earth is this old, becouse these fossil shells are found it.:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287105 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like evilution? These fossil shells are this old, becouse they are found in this layer of earth. This layer of earth is this old, becouse these fossil shells are found it.:)
You continue to display an appalling ignorance. This time it's the theory of Evolution.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#287106 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
Here's an interesting article
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-...
"An Easton man is charged with assaulting his unborn child during an incident that happened last month, according to court records.
Andrew Stroud Jr., 31, of 1330 Washington St. in Easton, was charged Friday with aggravated assault of an unborn child, simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment. He's in Northampton County Prison under $25,000 bail.
Police said they were called for a domestic dispute outside Stroud's home. Victim Janelle Fuller told police that she is 8 1/2 months pregnant with Stroud's child."
What I don't understand is how he can be charged wit assult of an unborn "child I thought that
wasn't a child until it was born.
That issue has been discussed and explained and clarified. If the woman has the intention of keeping the pregnancy, one can be indicted on charges against the fetus. The woman was almost full term and obviously had emotional and physical investment in her pregnancy. It is about the woman and her rights.
Gtown71

United States

#287107 Feb 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Anyone watching, "Makers," on PBS? Fantastic show! Please, Gtown71, et all, see it.
Sry I wasn't watching it, but I'll try and check it out. I love pbs, and still waiting on my monogrammed robes from them, when me and my life partner Bill donated 1000 dollars :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287108 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bit, let break that down one step further, shall we?
There's 820 Planned parenthood clinics in the US.(as of November 2012) in the US.
That's 1.11 per clinic per day.
Yeah, hardly the "abortion mills" they like to pretend, huh?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287109 Feb 26, 2013
Why do morons like you, who couldn't test their way out of daycare, try to argue science? Evolution isn't about time; it's about adaptation. Geology, physics, and other disciplines are used to determine the age of the earth.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#287110 Feb 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think pregnant women go to PP, to have their babies delivered?
They go for all of the reasons pregnant women go to women's health clinics. How often do women go to a health clinic to give birth? Like I said, your critical thinking skills are lacking. Thanks for proving that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287111 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it is now, they should only charge the person with 1 murder, and the pay that person a lesser fee, for taken care of the abortion.:(
You know, you couldn't be a bigger assh ** e if you tried.

**pat pat**

What a "good" christian you are.@@

Not.
Gtown71

United States

#287112 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to display an appalling ignorance. This time it's the theory of Evolution.
Really?
What's up with your reading comp?
YOU LIAR!!!!!

I never said evolution. Lil

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287113 Feb 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That issue has been discussed and explained and clarified. If the woman has the intention of keeping the pregnancy, one can be indicted on charges against the fetus. The woman was almost full term and obviously had emotional and physical investment in her pregnancy. It is about the woman and her rights.
Then he should be charged with assult upon a fetus, not a child, because as you like to point out there are no children in the womb. Also, as you like to point out, the fetus is the "property" of the woman, how can you murder property? Killing "property" should be a lesser crime.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287114 Feb 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>They go for all of the reasons pregnant women go to women's health clinics. How often do women go to a health clinic to give birth? Like I said, your critical thinking skills are lacking. Thanks for proving that.
Maybe I'll just start telling her "Here's your sign" every time she posts something stupid. Oh wait.....that would have to be every post.

Location hidden

#287115 Feb 26, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus what?
Carlsbad has an abortion cemetary.
Prove it. Aborted fetuses aren't saved for burial or cremation. They are medical waste.

Location hidden

#287116 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I see you ignored Sues question. The charges were against a "child" that was in the womb. Thought it wasn't a "child"?.
ONLY when convenient!.
You were involved in the discussion on crimes against the fetus. Why do you remember the stupidest of things but not that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287117 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What's up with your reading comp?
YOU LIAR!!!!!
I never said evolution. Lil
Ah, I see, you're drunk. Got it.

Location hidden

#287118 Feb 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they just aren't smart to read directions. In today's age, no woman should be getting pregnant through casual sex.
There are millions of "shoulds" in the world. What's your point, that a woman "should" be forced to stay pregnant because you happen to think abortion is wrong?

Location hidden

#287119 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Ohhh boyyy am I Impressed.
LOL
PP doesn't do "cancer screenings".
I don't do "cancer screenings".
I check my breast for lumps as does my ob/gyn. It's no "cancer screening" like PP lied about. A mammography is an official "cancer screening". Even when Dr says I am good to go, he still will send me for a "cancer screening".
Yes, honey, both are methods of screening for cancer. Go ask your physician. You are so silly.
Gtown71

United States

#287120 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see, you're drunk. Got it.
Why, that is all it takes to be called a liar, even less if foo is involved :)

Location hidden

#287121 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but the 67 year old man in AL. That shot a bus driver to death and took a five year old child, sorta had his pick, did he not?
why did he choose a boy?
He was closest, you nut. He also wasn't a pedophile. Read, honey, read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Notliz 1,419,553
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Too Funny 61,058
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr God Damned Holy S... 70,957
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Hipocrit 20,505
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages