Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#287066 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If we obeyed God, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Let's bring God back into his world that he created. That should suffice.
:)
That's a nice thought. Quite impossible, but a nice thought.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287067 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOO!! This from the site known for its lies.
Did you see the name of the author? Abby Johnson.

Oh, and just WAIT until you get to Stupid Sassy's nonsense.

I'll get some popcorn, and come back to enjoy the show.
Gtown71

United States

#287068 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't use contraception consistently. They often don't follow the instructions to the letter. They think this ONE TIME they can skip it. Or they aren't well educated about it.
If they used it the way it's supposed to be used, unintended pregnancies would be more rare.
Very true! So we as a country can send all people a message that if you want to have sex, be prepared for whatever, or we can send them the message we send now, which is no matter what happens, we will take care of it, up to ending the tiny life inside you.

Why don't we as a country, just fix and pay for anything a drunk driver breaks, becouse they chose one time to drink and drive? Especially now that alcoholism is considered a disease.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287069 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just assumed if a MALE was having sex with another MALE, no matter the age, that that MALE was gay.
You assumed wrong. ANY adult that is a predator against children, no matter what the sex of the child, is NOT gay - they're a pedophile.

Pedophelia is about opportunity - not the gender.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287070 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true! So we as a country can send all people a message that if you want to have sex, be prepared for whatever, or we can send them the message we send now, which is no matter what happens, we will take care of it, up to ending the tiny life inside you.
Why don't we as a country, just fix and pay for anything a drunk driver breaks, becouse they chose one time to drink and drive? Especially now that alcoholism is considered a disease.
Good point.In fact, if alcoholism is considered a disease, then why do we punish them for disasters that happen while drinking? It's then not their fault that they didn't have their senses when they drank, drove and killed someone.

Simply NO consequences for any action.

What a life aye?
BBKing

Hamilton, Canada

#287071 Feb 26, 2013
Now this is what i call worth protesting

http://mdatoz.com/document
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287072 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a nice thought. Quite impossible, but a nice thought.
Impossible? With God? Are you denying the power of God by giving Satan such glory to control us?. Do you just succumb to sin or do you trust God? Evil begets evil. Living a life with God and throuh the power of prager, many will change by your example.

With God ALL things are possible.

Let peace begin with me.....

Charity begins at home....
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287073 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why this has to be explained to some. It's common sense. PP is the largest abortion provider and with 4,000 daily abortions, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math.
The abortion movement is based on evil and deception. And so here we have it...proaborts who can't seem to figure that. Many still refuse to admit that abortion is used as birth control. Also, that many women receive multi-abortions. Single women have most of those abortions because casual sex is all for the 'me me me' mentality. No commitments, man uses girl, girl uses man and when they conceive a child then the man runs or the girl kills.
What an evil and selfish society we live in. We can't (as a society) sink any longer when a Mother justifys killing her own child..(developing in the womb or developing outside the womb).
Can you say "logical fallacy"?
Good. I knew you could.

"False dichotomy
Definition: In false dichotomy, the arguer sets up the situation so it looks like there are only two choices. The arguer then eliminates one of the choices, so it seems that we are left with only one option: the one the arguer wanted us to pick in the first place. But often there are really many different options, not just two—and if we thought about them all, we might not be so quick to pick the one the arguer recommends.

Example:“Caldwell Hall is in bad shape. Either we tear it down and put up a new building, or we continue to risk students’ safety. Obviously we shouldn’t risk anyone’s safety, so we must tear the building down.” The argument neglects to mention the possibility that we might repair the building or find some way to protect students from the risks in question—for example, if only a few rooms are in bad shape, perhaps we shouldn’t hold classes in those rooms.

Tip: Examine your own arguments: if you’re saying that we have to choose between just two options, is that really so? Or are there other alternatives you haven’t mentioned? If there are other alternatives, don’t just ignore them—explain why they, too, should be ruled out. Although there’s no formal name for it, assuming that there are only three options, four options, etc. when really there are more is similar to false dichotomy and should also be avoided."
http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/fallaci...
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287074 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You assumed wrong. ANY adult that is a predator against children, no matter what the sex of the child, is NOT gay - they're a pedophile.
Men who seek out boys are homosexual pedophiles.
Gtown71

United States

#287075 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but the 67 year old man in AL. That shot a bus driver to death and took a five year old child, sorta had his pick, did he not?
why did he choose a boy?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287077 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Impossible? With God? Are you denying the power of God by giving Satan such glory to control us?. Do you just succumb to sin or do you trust God? Evil begets evil. Living a life with God and throuh the power of prager, many will change by your example.
With God ALL things are possible.
Let peace begin with me.....
Charity begins at home....
Maybe you should re-read your own post, that I responded to. I had a feeling you wouldn't get it.

Think about the discussion we had about Peter, and remember that Christ will return when He's good and ready.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287078 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, and agree with, charging him for assulting the mother. but how can he be charged with assulting something that does not exist?
I don't know how you've concluded fetus "doesn't exist"...?? Fetus doesn't have civil rights.

Location hidden

#287079 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that we are looking at this from opposit sides. He absolutely should be charged with assulting the woman, but like I asked foo, how can he be charged with something that does not yet exist?
The same way he can be charged with its murder if it dies via the unborn victims of violence laws as I said in my response.

Have you missed all the discussions regarding the unborn victims of violence laws?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287080 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should re-read your own post, that I responded to. I had a feeling you wouldn't get it.
Think about the discussion we had about Peter, and remember that Christ will return when He's good and ready.
I see you conveniently ignored my reply to your post. What you wrote here ^^ has nothing to do with my post or the post (of yours where you said that putting God back into his world was impossible).

You want to continue discussing Peter? Ok then.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287081 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that we are looking at this from opposit sides. He absolutely should be charged with assulting the woman, but like I asked foo, how can he be charged with something that does not yet exist?
Fetus' civil rights do not exist. Not until following a complete birth.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287082 Feb 26, 2013
If it's satan's fault, then ultimately it's god's fault. Let'em stuff THAT in their funk & wagnell's.
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Bit.
Notice how the AC can't decide who they want to blame. Sometimes they blame the woman. But when you ask if they want these women charged with murder, suddenly it's the provider's fault. Now we see NR claiming PP tries to persuade every pregnant woman they see to have an abortion. So, it's PP's fault. Then the blame circles back around to the woman for not using birth control.. Then it's birth control's fault and sex education's fault because these tempt women to have sex and be "irresponsible". And in the end it's Satan's fault, but that doesn't play well in public, so...back to the rotation.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287083 Feb 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How long until these twits claim it's obama's secret plan to destroy america?
<quoted text>
Heh! What's one more, right?

Location hidden

#287084 Feb 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they just aren't smart to read directions. In today's age, no woman should be getting pregnant through casual sex.
In this day and age, people shouldn't be illiterate either, yet they are.

Only asshats like you make such ignorant comments.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287085 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way he can be charged with its murder if it dies via the unborn victims of violence laws as I said in my response.
Have you missed all the discussions regarding the unborn victims of violence laws?
So the only way it's not considered ,urder is if the mother does it..how convienent.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287086 Feb 26, 2013
I followed the trials as they happened. You should have too, if you want to make unfounded charges.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
actually you could prove it, at least to my satisfaction. I would accept a link to any reputable site confirming that based on available info, that what you've said is accurate.
or have you already gone through the court records of those cases as you suggested I do? it was you that made such a positively definitive statement so you must have done some very thorough investigation. so I'll ask you once again. prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Julia 1,535,018
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... 1 hr The Wheeze of Trump 5
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) 3 hr AIPAC mohels 13
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) 8 hr Maurice Sandloff 3
B & D Auto, Inc. Newington, Connecticut 8 hr Maurice Sandloff 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Tue TRD 71,288
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon bayonne nj 21,037

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages