Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314323 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#286853 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The prenatal care for my first pregnancy was through the Health Dept., and you're right. Even with an appointment, I had to wait hours to be seen. It was a nightmare, I saw different doctors, as there were three on staff, and NONE of them was the doctor who I had at the hospital when I delivered, who was doctor I had never met before.
I can dig it. A lot of health clinics/county hospitals are understaffed and overwhelmed. Folks with no insurance/Medicaid flock to them for their medical needs. Even with private insurance, there can be wait to see a primary physician. My PCP does not take walk ins and if I can get an appointment for routine care within 4 to 6 weeks then it was my lucky day, lol. I don't mind that long of wait for routine care but when you're sick with a respiratory infection and the like, the last thing you want to do is wait for hours/days on end to get treatment. And since the topic is pregnancy, when you suspect pregnancy or confirm pregnancy via test, most women want to be seen as soon as possible. They don't want to wait 3 months to see an OB-GYN. Hell, I wouldn't want to wait 3 weeks, I want to be seen ASAP, lol.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286854 Feb 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since only THREE PERCENT of their services are abortion, clearly - you're wrong.
As usual.
Isn't is funny how neither No Relevance, nor Witless will address my post about the grocery store?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286855 Feb 25, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can dig it. A lot of health clinics/county hospitals are understaffed and overwhelmed. Folks with no insurance/Medicaid flock to them for their medical needs. Even with private insurance, there can be wait to see a primary physician. My PCP does not take walk ins and if I can get an appointment for routine care within 4 to 6 weeks then it was my lucky day, lol. I don't mind that long of wait for routine care but when you're sick with a respiratory infection and the like, the last thing you want to do is wait for hours/days on end to get treatment. And since the topic is pregnancy, when you suspect pregnancy or confirm pregnancy via test, most women want to be seen as soon as possible. They don't want to wait 3 months to see an OB-GYN. Hell, I wouldn't want to wait 3 weeks, I want to be seen ASAP, lol.
Absolutely. I agree. And I had no insurance with my first pregnancy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#286856 Feb 25, 2013
Not really. My sister runs a feral-animal shelter. Aborting puppies or kittens is part of keeping down the unwanted animal population.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, many pro-choice'ers would have a bigger problem sucking puppies out of a dog's womb and dismembering them while still in the womb.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286857 Feb 25, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Health Departments provide the same services.
ROFLMAO!

ANd you claimed to have been a NURSE?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286858 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we were talking about the Euchrist and that you know Catholics who don't believe that it is the body and blood of Christ.
Most I've spoken to know its symbolic.

If you think you're eating flesh and blood, you need to find a cannibal tribe to live in.

Indianapolis

#286859 Feb 25, 2013
Guess a lot of europeans are going to hell:
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-blood-sausage...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is talking about not having blood at a meal.
The Eucharist is an offering. Christ wanted his sacrifice to be repeated. We can't rekill Him so He gave us a way to renew His death daily.

Indianapolis

#286860 Feb 25, 2013
Tell the grand dragon that "muslim" isn't a race.
lucy wrote:
Shoud the muslim race get away with this check it out on my youtube www.youtube.com/lucygreytv

Indianapolis

#286861 Feb 25, 2013
Th?at?s a?l?l ri?gh?t. N?o H?ar?m do?ne?.
Bitner wrote:
Too many questions marks, sorry.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#286862 Feb 25, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Falls on deaf ears.
Sigh...
I hope he hurts you.

Indianapolis

#286863 Feb 25, 2013
Since PP is a medical facility and not an adoption agency, I'm not seeing a problem.
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone comes in for a consultation, I would imagine adoption is given as an option, but that would not count as a referral. All You fundies want to look at the stats with you own personal slant. Again, a pregnancy test or check up is not an abortion, but you seem to want to count it like as one. How silly.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#286864 Feb 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Most I've spoken to know its symbolic.
If you think you're eating flesh and blood, you need to find a cannibal tribe to live in.
You do not know what the dark is.

Indianapolis

#286865 Feb 25, 2013
Total BS, idiot. I guess lying isn't wrong for the PLM.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the problem: 98% of pregnant women who walk through Planned Parenthood's doors end up placing their legs up in stirrups & paying a glorified hitman to kill their baby.
98%.
Unbiased counseling, my ass.
A monkey's counseling sessions could yield less than 98% abortion rate.
Ya know?
$$ Cha-Ching $$
Push abortion.
$$ Chah-Ching $$
Fill the coffers.
$$ Cha - Ching $$

Indianapolis

#286866 Feb 25, 2013
Or, in the words of tom lehrer:

"Get in line in that processional,
Step into that small confessional,
There, the guy who's got religion'll
Tell you if your sin's original.
If it is, try playin' it safer,
Drink the wine and chew the wafer,
Two, four, six, eight,
Time to transubstantiate!"
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
" Do this in memory of Me" and we do celebrate the sacrifice at every Mass.

Indianapolis

#286867 Feb 25, 2013
PP doesn't talk women out of having an abortion; they respect women enough to let them make their own decisions. Consultations for alternatives to abortions are available, but why do you think a lot of women go to PP to begin with? It's a medical facility.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's you, Feces: "Abortion accounts for only 3% of Planned Parenthood's services."
Here's reality: "The abortion industry giant could slyly arrive at this fuzzy math simply by stating that they hand out 97 condoms for every 3 abortions performed."
Guess what? There ain't no money in adoption referrals for Planned Parenthood.
$$ Cha - Ching $$
Gtown71

United States

#286868 Feb 25, 2013
I miss elise :(
inJesusOwnWords

AOL

#286869 Feb 25, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#286870 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm glad to hear that us Catholics all agree.
Good evening "Ink!"

How are you my friend?

I'm genuinely curious, but have been a tad reticent about how to approach this question...

What is your opinion about Pope Benedict's decision to "retire?"
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#286871 Feb 25, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe I ever said that or implied that. Your imagination is running away with you.
This from someone who believes, without a doubt, that they know what happens when we all die. Your imagination is eclipsed by your arrogance.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286872 Feb 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
PP doesn't talk women out of having an abortion; they respect women enough to let them make their own decisions. Consultations for alternatives to abortions are available, but why do you think a lot of women go to PP to begin with? It's a medical facility.
<quoted text>
Cpetey: "PP doesn't talk women out of having an abortion"

They're too busy talking women into having an abortion. Good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RiccardoFire 1,534,866
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) 3 hr Maurice Sandloff 3
B & D Auto, Inc. Newington, Connecticut 3 hr Maurice Sandloff 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 71,288
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon bayonne nj 21,037
News Bridgeport man pleads guilty to offering teen f... Mon Gavone 7
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages