Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314367 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286770 Feb 25, 2013
One "service" you won't see Planned Parenthood offering is mammograms.

They don't do mammograms.

Liars lie.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#286771 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is talking about not having blood at a meal.
The Eucharist is an offering. Christ wanted his sacrifice to be repeated. We can't rekill Him so He gave us a way to renew His death daily.
I don't agree Christ wanted to be re-crucified. The whole point of His sacrifice was a once and for all deal. No need for another sacrifice, ever.

But you can certainly believe as you like.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286772 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"To arrive at that 3 percent figure, Planned Parenthood does some fudging and misdirection. Planned Parenthood depreciates the role abortion plays by defining its “services” in such a way that it avoids accounting for their time and expense. A single pregnancy test is designated by Planned Parenthood as a “service” and thus given equal weight to a far more time-consuming and expensive surgical abortion procedure, another Planned Parenthood “service.” Likewise, each pack of birth control pills is considered a service and carries the same weight in the calculation as an abortion. Using this rubric, Planned Parenthood justifies the claim the President of Planned Parenthood, Cecile Richards, has made that abortion is,'a very small part of what we do.'"
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/05/false-abor...
That's not fudging. And it's not assigning value. Each service is separate, and they are giving an accounting of them. Do you NOT understand HOW percentages work?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286773 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not what she's saying.
Not sure why you think you're qualified to speak for others when you do a horrible job speaking for yourself.

You agreed that "a human" (noun) is in the womb, but refuse to acknowledge that "a human being" is a synonmym in this instance.

You spend your days supporting the right of mothers to choose to kill the baby in their wombs. Yet, you also say that you do not support the mother's choice to kill the baby in her womb.

Figure out what you belive first, then pretend to speak for others.

You're a mess.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286774 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
One "service" you won't see Planned Parenthood offering is mammograms.
They don't do mammograms.
Liars lie.
Neither does my OB/GYN. Both he AND PP clinics DO perform breast exams, which are the first step in screening for breast cancer (which makes it a breast cancer screening, just like they say they do), and BOTH my OB/GYN and PP clinics DO mammo referrals, to hospitals and imaging centers.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286775 Feb 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your prerogative to believe the other side.
I choose to believe Ms. Johnson. Babies being sucked into tubes isn't a big secret. She just had to see it herself.
And if you had a brain in your head, you'd understand that as an ADMINISTRATOR, she wouldn't have seen something that DIDNT happen since she was not a nurse.

Clinic or hospital administrators dont sit in on patitent procedures just because they can. What nonsense.

NOT to mention that the PP in question didn't DO ultrasound abortions.

But hey, feel free to believe whatever garbage you want. Given some of the COMPLETE crap stories you tell here, its clear you prefer pretend to real life.

Location hidden

#286776 Feb 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be that naive to believe Planned Parenthood wouldn't say or do anything to discredit Ms. Johnson's claims. Even if it meant doctoring records.
Ms. Johnson was also disturbed by PPs insistence that more abortions had to be performed because, to them, it was all about the money. This was before witnessing an abortion.
Greed makes people do some very bad things.
You are both very gullible AND very stupid. A terrible combo.

Location hidden

#286777 Feb 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be that naive to believe Planned Parenthood wouldn't say or do anything to discredit Ms. Johnson's claims. Even if it meant doctoring records.
Ms. Johnson was also disturbed by PPs insistence that more abortions had to be performed because, to them, it was all about the money. This was before witnessing an abortion.
Greed makes people do some very bad things.
I find it very telling about the kind of person you are, that you are more than willing to believe that the side you're against would doctor records to suit their agenda, but the woman who flat out LIED can say anything and you'll believe it because she says what you WANT her to say.@@
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286778 Feb 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
PP provides whatever service the person chooses. If someone chooses not to have a child, it would be silly to provide an adoption referral, wouldn't you say?
Here's the problem: 98% of pregnant women who walk through Planned Parenthood's doors end up placing their legs up in stirrups & paying a glorified hitman to kill their baby.

98%.

Unbiased counseling, my ass.

A monkey's counseling sessions could yield less than 98% abortion rate.

Ya know?

$$ Cha-Ching $$

Push abortion.

$$ Chah-Ching $$

Fill the coffers.

$$ Cha - Ching $$

Location hidden

#286779 Feb 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

Ms. Johnson didn't claim anything everyone doesn't already know. She was just brave enough to describe the reality
Except she lied. What she claimed isn't ANYTHING resembling reality.

What part of SHE IS NOT A NURSE AND WOULDN"T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED IN A PATIENTS PROCEDURE do you not understand?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286780 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does my OB/GYN. Both he AND PP clinics DO perform breast exams, which are the first step in screening for breast cancer (which makes it a breast cancer screening, just like they say they do), and BOTH my OB/GYN and PP clinics DO mammo referrals, to hospitals and imaging centers.
I correctly stated that Planned Parenthood does not perform mammograms.

Now.

What were you bloviating about?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#286781 Feb 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He says 'your argument isn't fully formed'.
I guess I needed someone who speaks Jackass to be able to translate his remarks.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#286782 Feb 25, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant sob posting with a name like that. STFU, you are a PIG! A total pos under MY shoe.
Go cry to your dead god.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#286783 Feb 25, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, clever word games. Equating human life to the human race. Extinction need not apply to a race. Look it up. You support the right to extinguish a human life based solely on it's stage of development. As I said, you cannot get anymore discriminatory than that.
Based solely on its stage of development? Wrong again.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286784 Feb 25, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree Christ wanted to be re-crucified. The whole point of His sacrifice was a once and for all deal. No need for another sacrifice, ever.
But you can certainly believe as you like.
" Do this in memory of Me" and we do celebrate the sacrifice at every Mass.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#286785 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll repeat the question since you must have missed it:
Are you saying at 14-weeks gestation, the human in utero is not at a stage of life?
I never said that, and that isn't even the point.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286786 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not fudging. And it's not assigning value. Each service is separate, and they are giving an accounting of them. Do you NOT understand HOW percentages work?
10% of Planned Parenthood clients receive abortion. As I've already mentioned, PP "BUNDLES" services intentionally to skew the numbers.

Liberal NPR ate crow over this issue:

"Conan: Finally, several of you wrote during yesterday’s show about PP, about the conflict over what percentage of the agency’s clients receive abortions. We’ve asked NPR’s healh policy correspondent Julie Rovner to join us again. Julie, always nice to have with you us.… And we heard two figures from opposing sides yesterday, 3% and 10%, who’s right?

Rovner: Well, the conflict is really that PP keeps its statistics according to the percent of those services that are provided, not according to how many people get what. So it turns out that there are – that indeed, abortions are 3% of the services provided, although – and that was what, I think, Sarah Stoesz from PP kind of MISSPOKE when she said it was 3% of patients who come in get abortions.

It is actually a little bit closer to the 10% that Marjorie Dannenfesler suggested, because there are about 3 million patients who come in. There are about 300,000 abortions provided."

http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/03/npr-fact-ch...

Location hidden

#286787 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo is a lesbian.
She is a deathscort to avenge her "hard life"...she takes it out on those who can't fight back. Baby blood provides immediate gratification.#PoorCopingSkill s
ROFLMAO Well, the poor lil fella got that I'm a lesbian right, THAT'S progress I guess! LOLOL

Of course the rest is complete garbage, but we can't expect miracles from someone of such obvious low character and intelligence.

ROFLMAO "avenge her hard life"??? TOO funny!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286788 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you think you're qualified to speak for others when you do a horrible job speaking for yourself.
You agreed that "a human" (noun) is in the womb, but refuse to acknowledge that "a human being" is a synonmym in this instance.
You spend your days supporting the right of mothers to choose to kill the baby in their wombs. Yet, you also say that you do not support the mother's choice to kill the baby in her womb.
Figure out what you belive first, then pretend to speak for others.
You're a mess.
No, you're just defelcting.

I've done a fine job, considering she's already posted and confirmed what I said.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286789 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "That's not fudging. And it's not assigning value."

What do you know about value? You don't even value human life.

Planned Parenthood's bottom line is what is important to Planned Parenthood. Well over 1/3 of it's operating income comes from abortion procedures.(41% of op-income)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min KLM 1,536,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Talkin To daStupid 63,625
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 3 hr Calling It True 8
News U.S. Education Secretary Uses Former East Hartf... 5 hr calling you out 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Disturbed 20,923
News Police Deny Foul Play -- Courant.com (Jul '07) May 26 Anonymous 23
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... May 25 Gremlin 7

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages