Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum

Lovington, NM

#286674 Feb 25, 2013
Michelle Obama says the troops are coming home.
Let us pray to the Lord.
Lord hear our prayer. Amen.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#286675 Feb 25, 2013
Like one and need one get one...Dont need or want one dont...YEA FREEDOM. let each person deside for themself...YEA FREEDOM.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#286676 Feb 25, 2013
Forum wrote:
Dear Lord,
Thank you for the Love in our family that
makes us want to help those
who have no food
who have no home
who have no Love like ours.
Let us pray to the Lord.
Jesus, please show us to Love and
care for each other.
Lord, hear our prayer.
Falls on deaf ears.

Sigh...
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#286677 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is, and I've looked at it all. Sorry, but your assumptions only make an ass out of you. NO research negates what I'm saying.
Planned Parenthood was granted a temporary restraining order against Johnson and Coalition for Life after Johnson's resignation. The order was lifted by a court a week later. Johnson said the "performance improvement plan" was due to her reluctance to increase the number of abortions performed at her facility.

Whistle blowers are believed more than greedy organizations.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#286678 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they got rid of very expensive ultrasound equipment just to "discredit" her?
How did they "doctor" her interview?
LOL, sorry but you are the one being naive.
There would be no need to get rid of ultrasound equipment just to doctor the records.

Why would PP go so to such extremes to discredit and silence her if she simply had a change of heart and wanted to quit?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#286679 Feb 25, 2013
Why would she be assisting? She obviously wasn't medical personnel. Did they need her to file something?
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
A former director of Planned Parenthood in Texas explained why she became a pro-life activist.
She was called in to assist in an ultrasound-guided abortion. She said she watched the baby she had believed to be incapable of feeling anything squirming and twisting to avoid the tube into which it would be vacuumed.
“For the briefest moment," she writes, "the baby looked as if it were being wrung like a dishcloth, twirled and squeezed. And then it crumpled and began disappearing into the cannula before my eyes. The last thing I saw was the tiny, perfectly formed backbone sucked into the tube, and then it was gone.”
She quit her job two weeks later.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286680 Feb 25, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood was granted a temporary restraining order against Johnson and Coalition for Life after Johnson's resignation. The order was lifted by a court a week later. Johnson said the "performance improvement plan" was due to her reluctance to increase the number of abortions performed at her facility.
Whistle blowers are believed more than greedy organizations.
The woman was giving information to a militant anti-choice group, which was possibly the kind of group that has no moral objections to giving out private information about women who've had abortions, or even home addresses and phone numbers of the doctors who perform them.

She can say what she likes, doesn't make it true. The fact is that the timing of her defection is suspect, supposedly witnessing the procedure that supposedly caused her such spiritual distress, after which she still went on record as vehemently defending a woman's right to choose, and had nothing but bad things to say about the protesters, and THEN she left.

Not by me. I always take them with a grain of salt, and read all I can to make my own determination. I don't automatically believe anyone just because they're on the same side of an argument as I am.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286681 Feb 25, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nazi's faith leader told them killing jews was a choice, so why are you in support of that? What is it about killing that satisfies you modern american women so much? You love killing so much you kill babies before they even get to see the light of day, why? Oh, thats right, because YOU decided YOU don't want to be hassled with being a mother. Your just in it for the sex. How modern of you.
Foo is a lesbian.

She is a deathscort to avenge her "hard life"...she takes it out on those who can't fight back. Baby blood provides immediate gratification.#PoorCopingSkill s

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286682 Feb 25, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be no need to get rid of ultrasound equipment just to doctor the records.
Why would PP go so to such extremes to discredit and silence her if she simply had a change of heart and wanted to quit?
You made my point. Thank you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286683 Feb 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why would she be assisting? She obviously wasn't medical personnel. Did they need her to file something?
<quoted text>
Exactly. Are they under the impression it's like a sports team, there have to be a certain number of bodies present, even if they are not qualified to play, or the game can't go on?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286684 Feb 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is similar to how you try to focus on the 3% of abortions that PP does.
Feces: "Perhaps it is similar to how you try to focus on the 3% of abortions that PP does."

Abortion procedures are well-over 1/3 of Planned Parenthood's operating income.

A single birth-control pill is documented as one treatment unit. Dispensing 30 pills to patient = 30 treatment units. An abortion procedure = 1 treatment unit.

Your "abortion is only 3% of total treatment units at Planned Parenthood" is an intentional ruse.

Indianapolis

#286685 Feb 25, 2013
Nazism is a political movement, not a faith. It played on the already-extant anti-semitism that pervaded germany of the time, scapegoating them for the country's post-WW1 ills.

BTW--hitler was a catholic.

Women don't have to be pregnant if they choose not to be. It's none of your business.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nazi's faith leader told them killing jews was a choice, so why are you in support of that? What is it about killing that satisfies you modern american women so much? You love killing so much you kill babies before they even get to see the light of day, why? Oh, thats right, because YOU decided YOU don't want to be hassled with being a mother. Your just in it for the sex. How modern of you.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286686 Feb 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do you a favor and lie for you? Lying is your game Knutbar, not mine.
My post is 100% factual. Feel free to add your stuidity and prove me wrong tho. That should be good for a laugh LOL!
Foo-Man-Spew: Why would I lie to you?

So, Ariel was taken against her will across state lines, held against her will & beaten? She was "14-years-old" then 20-years-old?

Indianapolis

#286687 Feb 25, 2013
Obviously, it's not.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it. But after the fact is too late.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286688 Feb 25, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces: "Perhaps it is similar to how you try to focus on the 3% of abortions that PP does."
Abortion procedures are well-over 1/3 of Planned Parenthood's operating income.
A single birth-control pill is documented as one treatment unit. Dispensing 30 pills to patient = 30 treatment units. An abortion procedure = 1 treatment unit.
Your "abortion is only 3% of total treatment units at Planned Parenthood" is an intentional ruse.
LOL, what spin! Your desperation is pitiful, Drama Queen.

Indianapolis

#286689 Feb 25, 2013
Not fully-formed. THAT was the claim.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But they have them.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#286690 Feb 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that would be Abby Johnson, the known liar. She was an administrator that claimed she watched an ultrasound abortion. Problem was, there were no ultrasound abortions at the facility she worked at - and she wasn't a nurse, so she wouldn't have been involved to see one in person.
BTW - She only quit becuase she knew she would be fired after she was given a poor preformance evaluation. Besides, why work for a living when you can milk suckers like you with sob stories that NOBODY in their right mind believes?
Honey Foo Foo: "Abby Johnso is a known liar."

After weeks of being held against her will, authorities finally found her beaten badly. She was admitted to hospital.

And yet, not ONE news article corroborates your oh-so-dramatic story. Not one.

Were you needing a little attention, dear?
______

"(Ariel)had been beaten and had been held against her will. She was found Wednesday, and was returned to her home in Florida last night after time in an Atlanta hospital." - Lonely Foo

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Indianapolis

#286691 Feb 25, 2013
A fully-formed organ is capable of function (though it can lose function later), or it is only partially-formed. You might as well say an egg is a fully-formed chicken.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In what dictionary is 'form' synonymous with 'function'?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286692 Feb 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nazism is a political movement, not a faith. It played on the already-extant anti-semitism that pervaded germany of the time, scapegoating them for the country's post-WW1 ills.
BTW--hitler was a catholic.
Women don't have to be pregnant if they choose not to be. It's none of your business.
<quoted text>
Vlad the Impaler was a pagan
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286693 Feb 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, what spin! Your desperation is pitiful, Drama Queen.
That is PP's spin. That's how you get the 3%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,396,592
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,205
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ize Fund 70,736
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Thu Jos 59
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages