Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285542 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.
??
That's what was happening last weekend to LNM and me. There were a bunch of posts pulled and I took the time to list them so people on both sides could see if any belonged to them. Have no clue if anyone bothered, though.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285543 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I was administered morphine while I was in labor. Opiod use in pregnancy is not necessarily indicative of fetal abuse.
My sister was given morphine and vicodin (I think) while in labor, and sent home because she wasn't dilated enough. As soon as her husband got her home, she began to bleed. He called an ambulance. They barely got to the hospital in time. She almost gave birth in the elevator. The baby came into the world high as a kite.

Needless to say, my female relatives were not very impressed with the Dr. One, who works at a hospital, said they wouldn't have handled it that way. They would't have sent my sister home.

Contractions 2 min. apart and dilation not to the Dr.'s preference. I dunno. I'd think you'd want to keep the patient at the hospital just for caution's sake. But, hey, I'm not an MD.
Gtown71

United States

#285544 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with taxes going to prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to deliver and all the other services that come after?
The same kinds of people who party and practice all the "bad behavior" you don't condone are the people who choose to carry to term.
Abortion would be a lot cheaper for the taxpayer, wouldn't it? Why aren't you bitching about the women who carry to term and can't afford it out of pocket or have no insurance?
You bring up a very good point. I did taxes once for the public, and it is amazing when you tell someone that they are going to recieve a refund of 5-7 thousand dollars!!! And they either say, that sounds about right, or is that all??? When they only made 13,500 for the entire year! Only payed in 400 bucks, if that!!! So sure I could grip, it is nothing more then a way for democrats to buy votes.

My entire point sto, is if the government "AS LARGE AS IT IS "would stop trying to take money from people and distribute it to whom they say should have it, then this country would be much better. So would the people.

When we give away birth control, like they are trying to get passed now, with no co pays for birth control, and we legalize abortions, or give earned income credit to those who have them and can't afford them, we ser ourselves up for failure.

If people are held accountable for their own actions, then things would really slow down, and women would either wait till married, or make sure all measures are taken to prevent pregnancy.

I did one ladies taxes, and she got back 7000 bucks, which was over half of what she made. She had only payed in.300 bucks to the system. This is what the gov does with taxpayers money.

The only good thing about it, is how most people who qualify for eic will blow it all at wal mart, or a 3000 car.

I'm not against helping out folks, but this is not helping, it is enabling them.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285547 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a very good point. I did taxes once for the public, and it is amazing when you tell someone that they are going to recieve a refund of 5-7 thousand dollars!!! And they either say, that sounds about right, or is that all??? When they only made 13,500 for the entire year! Only payed in 400 bucks, if that!!! So sure I could grip, it is nothing more then a way for democrats to buy votes.
My entire point sto, is if the government "AS LARGE AS IT IS "would stop trying to take money from people and distribute it to whom they say should have it, then this country would be much better. So would the people.
When we give away birth control, like they are trying to get passed now, with no co pays for birth control, and we legalize abortions, or give earned income credit to those who have them and can't afford them, we ser ourselves up for failure.
If people are held accountable for their own actions, then things would really slow down, and women would either wait till married, or make sure all measures are taken to prevent pregnancy.
I did one ladies taxes, and she got back 7000 bucks, which was over half of what she made. She had only payed in.300 bucks to the system. This is what the gov does with taxpayers money.
The only good thing about it, is how most people who qualify for eic will blow it all at wal mart, or a 3000 car.
I'm not against helping out folks, but this is not helping, it is enabling them.
Not all states are as generous as CA.

Would you seriously vote against funding prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to those who choose to carry to term?

I wouldn't. They can have my tax dollars. The alternative would be devastating. You'd have women carrying to term with no prenatal care! That's crazy talk.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285548 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister was given morphine and vicodin (I think) while in labor, and sent home because she wasn't dilated enough. As soon as her husband got her home, she began to bleed. He called an ambulance. They barely got to the hospital in time. She almost gave birth in the elevator. The baby came into the world high bas a kite.
Needless to say, my female relatives were not very impressed with the Dr. One, who works at a hospital, said they wouldn't have handled it that way. They would't have sent my sister home.
Contractions 2 min. apart and dilation not to the Dr.'s preference. I dunno. I'd think you'd want to keep the patient at the hospital just for caution's sake. But, hey, I'm not an MD.
Doesn't sound good.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285549 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what was happening last weekend to LNM and me. There were a bunch of posts pulled and I took the time to list them so people on both sides could see if any belonged to them. Have no clue if anyone bothered, though.
Well, ya know Katie, I do drop the F-bomb now and then. But I don't get flagged for those posts. It's always the benign ones. Go figure.
Gtown71

United States

#285550 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.
??
You just read it wrong, they probably said to be practical,becouse they read you post on abortion and the bible. Lol

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285551 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in the '70s and '80s for renal dialysis. It was the early '90s when my mom became a home-health nurse because patients could run in the comforts of their own homes. But twenty years prior, patients ran 3 times a week, 8hrs at a pop in a hospital setting. Don't take my word for it. Here's an old CDC article from the mid-'80s.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/0000...
No, I misspoke, I meant as a preservavtive - it would not be used on a nursing level. Sorry, we were getting ready to go to dinner and I was rushing to post before we left. My bad LOL
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285552 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just read it wrong, they probably said to be practical,becouse they read you post on abortion and the bible. Lol
Guess the Mods don't like Hebrew either, huh?

: D
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285554 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I misspoke, I meant as a preservavtive - it would not be used on a nursing level. Sorry, we were getting ready to go to dinner and I was rushing to post before we left. My bad LOL
It's all good, Foo.
No harm, no foul :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285555 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't sound good.
Well, long and short of it, as far as family consensus goes, the Dr. didn't listen to my sister when my sister told her she dilated from 2 to 10 in like 10 or 15 minutes with her first pregnancy.

Basically, the same thing happened with this last one. I dunno. Alls well that ends well. It's just that had something gone wrong, my sister wouldn't have been at the hospital. Which, imo, would have been stupid and uncalled for.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285556 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess the Mods don't like Hebrew either, huh?
: D
They let zach post his crazyass sh*t and this new dude keeps posting his...

But, yeah, I can't capitalize the word (c h i d i n g) because the topix monster thinks it's bad.

<major eyeroll>

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285557 Feb 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, you seem to be hanging on in here!
To answer one of your earlier questions - Mr. Mary occasionally posts on a ghosted thread. He has assured me that he and Dad (ChooseLife) are fine. Despite my disagreements with both of them in the past, somewhere along the way I've grown fond of them and wish them nothing but the best.
I suspect they've tired of topix. Topix can be tiring.:-)
A ghosted thread? I'm not familiar with that term. I'm glad both are doing well.

We seem to have more bad weather coming our way. It'll be a good weekend to relax and stay home.

Location hidden

#285559 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. If you say so :)
I posted a very benign link to Foo and got the same warning. It must be arbitrary.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285560 Feb 21, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>You are for murdering pre born children I bet you eat many butter n bacon sandwiches.
Wrong on both counts. You're not very good at this guessing thing.

Location hidden

#285562 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
They let zach post his crazyass sh*t and this new dude keeps posting his...
But, yeah, I can't capitalize the word (c h i d i n g) because the topix monster thinks it's bad.
<major eyeroll>
I notice Foo was mentioned in his vulgar gibberish.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285564 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing with you at all. You lied, you were called on it. Its that simple.
<quoted text>
Nice try at distraction. Pity you're a failure at that too.
There's lying and then there's choosing not to believe the truth.

I did not lie. You chose not to believe me.

Do you think Obamacare is the right solution to health care reform?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285565 Feb 21, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>You are for murdering pre born children I bet you eat many butter n bacon sandwiches.
I am sure they are enjoying where they are.
I dreamt once about a little girl that is in heaven
and I think she is mine.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285566 Feb 21, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a very benign link to Foo and got the same warning. It must be arbitrary.
I didn't see any links Eddie. PM it to me maybe? Please and thank you LOL!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285567 Feb 21, 2013
Formaldehyde is pungent and takes very little time to become assertive. For you to open the door long enough to see fetal fingernails would take more than a few seconds.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to be exposed to open jars and open containers over a significant period of time to have the smell linger that long.
I neither lifted the lid nor was close enough to it to identify any odor. Only cracked the door for a few seconds.
Is a dead baby, a tiny baby boy with fingernails, placed in a cold metal bowl bothersome to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min JOEL 71,112
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,154,314
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,237
Debate: Trayvon Martin - East Hartford, CT (Apr '12) 10 hr scorpiochic 3
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) 10 hr scorpiochic 9
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) 13 hr Police State USA 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Bently 19,559
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 am PST