Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317607 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#285482 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have serious issues with religions and churches, so I DON'T go to church. Whether a church receives my tax dollars is irrelevant to me.
So would you have any problem, if the gov pulled money out of your check to give to the southern baptist association, or the catholic church?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285483 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? They are not given the same chance you and I were.
We could speculate all day long, but we will never know. Plus, if these people think God is all for it, then they should trust Him and remain pregnant. If they miscarry then they do, if not then not.
I'm glad I wasn't one of the 3000 that 'they' who know so much decided shouldn't be born.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285484 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
Fetal tissue research is derived from legal abortions and is used for scientific research into fundamental biological processes and human development.
In 1975, such research was permitted if “conducted only in accordance with any applicable state or laws regarding such activities." (45 C.F.R. 46, Sec. 210).”
Scientists obtain fetal tissue for research purposes from a variety of sources including hospitals and, in some cases, abortion clinics.
Perhaps the aborted baby floating in that plastic containter was being preserved for this purpose.
I couldn't tell you for sure.
A fetus that was intended to be used for research wouldn't be stored in formaldehyde in an unsecured area like a storage room. If it was in water, it would be contaminated after sitting at room temperature in a non-sterile storage room. Your story is simply unbelievable. If you're lying about that, you have no credibility on any other statement you make. Sorry, hon, but you did it to yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285485 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the First Commandment.
Why? Are you confused about it?
worships reality

United States

#285486 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, no. See, her reasoning is relevant to the discussion. My personal opinion of abortion is not relevant to my pro-choice position. You're confused.
your personal opinion regarding the issue of choice is also not relevant since the right to choose abortion is the law of the land, yet you have no hesitation in letting us know what it is. however your personal opinion of abortion, which is equally irrelevant, remains off limits.
you are worse than confused. you are pusillanimous.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285487 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure someone came into the utility to room to retrieve the metal bowl where I was told to leave the baby's body and transferred into a different container elsewhere in the hospital.
Otherwise, the strong distinctive odor might have disturbed the patients on the floor.
Apparently, the container is consuming you to the exclusion of the really important issue - killing the unborn.
Let's pretend like there was no container and I lied.
Then, perhaps, we can discuss how you cope with the killing of so many developing human beings.
Why would you think we have to "cope" with abortion, when there's nothing wrong with it?
That's your problem. You don't seem to be doing too well with it. Maybe keeping your nose out of other women's uteri would help you.

We don't need to "pretend" you're lying. You obviously are lying. So, now, you say that someone took the fetus elsewhere in the hospital, put it in a container of formaldehyde, and brought it back to the clinic to place on a shelf in a storage room. Damn, woman, even you have to admit that that is a preposterous story. You need to stop.
Gtown71

United States

#285488 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I wasn't one of the 3000 that 'they' who know so much decided shouldn't be born.
No doubt! It's funny how ALL pro choice people are very glad, that their mom was pro life, when pregnant with them :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285489 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Are you confused about it?
You are the one trying to tell me the meaning of the Commandments that you don't even follow. Pretty pompous on your part. I think you have little knowledge of God and His word.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285490 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to go to work with my mom as a child and a teen. I could smell the formaldehyde myself. Not to mention my mom would come home smelling of it most days, too. There's no way anyone would mistake formaldehyde with tap water. No way in he11! That poster is her own worst enemy.
You're right, she isn't checking facts and just repeating propaganda as if it were truth when we know better. But why she wants to help blindly shut down PP and any other organization that helps women is beyond imagination. She's just a fetus worshipper, imo.
Formaldehyde isn't used in hospital settings. J worked at Maryland General as microbiologist, and told me that it would have never been used at a nursing level for ANY reason.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285491 Feb 21, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
your personal opinion regarding the issue of choice is also not relevant since the right to choose abortion is the law of the land, yet you have no hesitation in letting us know what it is. however your personal opinion of abortion, which is equally irrelevant, remains off limits.
you are worse than confused. you are pusillanimous.
I'm not confused at all. I know exactly how I feel. How I feel about the choices is irrelevant to my position on choice, which is what I actually said.

I suppose you think you're helping the other poster, but you're really not.

Location hidden

#285492 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetal tissue, placentas, and even the umbilical cords are also donated following spontaneous abortion or live delivery. It's disingenuous (emotionally manipulative)on your part to post as if these specimens only come from legal (induced) abortions.
Those tissues wouldn't have been put in formaldehyde for any reason anyway. It was used as a preservative AND a fixative. It was never used in a hospital or clinic setting, and in the late 70's, it was discovered it caused cancer.

She's an idiot.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285493 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one trying to tell me the meaning of the Commandments that you don't even follow. Pretty pompous on your part. I think you have little knowledge of God and His word.
I haven't forgotten what I learned just because I don't believe. That's a ridiculous idea on your part.

Again, what you think is wrong.

Location hidden

#285494 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You would argue with anything I said, so it's hard to take you seriously.
I'm not arguing with you at all. You lied, you were called on it. Its that simple.
Do you think Obamacare is the right solution to health care reform?
You're answer to that question would be revealing - either way.
Nice try at distraction. Pity you're a failure at that too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#285495 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
Five New Jersey judges have recently ruled that women who take narcotics and street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby is perfectly legal.
Are we becoming numb to disrespecting life?
Are street drugs and narcotics legal in New Jersey?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285496 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt! It's funny how ALL pro choice people are very glad, that their mom was pro life, when pregnant with them :)
Excuse me? My mother was pro-choice.

Are you one of those morons who assume that all pro-choice women have abortions and never have kids?

Location hidden

#285497 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to be exposed to open jars and open containers over a significant period of time to have the smell linger that long.
I neither lifted the lid nor was close enough to it to identify any odor. Only cracked the door for a few seconds.
Is a dead baby, a tiny baby boy with fingernails, placed in a cold metal bowl bothersome to you?
You're lying again. Make up your mind, was it in a cold metal bowl or in a sealed container of formaldehyde.

BTW, clearly you've never smelled the stuff. A small amount can stink up a large area for a very long time.

You're so full of shit.

Location hidden

#285498 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pretend like there was no container and I lied.
We dont have to pretend. You lied. That's a fact.

Location hidden

#285499 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was. A very large metal bowl actually.
Let me describe the entire event to you.
After the mother's womb had been injected with saline solution earlier in the day, the physician, myself and another nurse were summoned to the patient's room that evening. It was dark outside, and the room was dimly lit with a sheet barrier in place to shield the mother's eyes from what was about to happen.
Everyone in the room remained silent. The physician attended to delivering the dead baby and I stood in the background waiting for him to need my assistance. When the mother pushed it out, the physician placed the dead baby in a large metal bowl, handed it to me and told me to put the towel that was nearby over it and instructed me where to take it.
I was still trying to force myself to swallow when I walked out of that room. I worked on a surgical floor and had changed the worst kinds of surgical dressings you can imagine. Never before had I experienced the kind of tightness in my throat where I could not even force down a swallow.
That was my first TP "terminated pregnancy" patient. There were many more to follow in the years ahead and I only worked at that hospital another two years. But a few nurses including myself had requested not to be assigned to TP patients any longer.
That was back in the mid 70s. It's different today.
It was different back then too. You're full of shit.
Should we talk about vacuums that suck out dead babies now?
Dead babies dont have to be sucked out of anything. They can be easily given a proper burial at the funeral home.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#285500 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom realized pregnancy was a normal part of how mankind was created to procreate. It didn't cross her mind that I was required to get permission for "free womb & board." Ya know?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#285501 Feb 21, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God want you to kill what he has made?
You're assuming there is a god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,602,883
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Linden Nj 21,198
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sep 21 ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages