Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346430 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285498 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pretend like there was no container and I lied.
We dont have to pretend. You lied. That's a fact.

Location hidden

#285499 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was. A very large metal bowl actually.
Let me describe the entire event to you.
After the mother's womb had been injected with saline solution earlier in the day, the physician, myself and another nurse were summoned to the patient's room that evening. It was dark outside, and the room was dimly lit with a sheet barrier in place to shield the mother's eyes from what was about to happen.
Everyone in the room remained silent. The physician attended to delivering the dead baby and I stood in the background waiting for him to need my assistance. When the mother pushed it out, the physician placed the dead baby in a large metal bowl, handed it to me and told me to put the towel that was nearby over it and instructed me where to take it.
I was still trying to force myself to swallow when I walked out of that room. I worked on a surgical floor and had changed the worst kinds of surgical dressings you can imagine. Never before had I experienced the kind of tightness in my throat where I could not even force down a swallow.
That was my first TP "terminated pregnancy" patient. There were many more to follow in the years ahead and I only worked at that hospital another two years. But a few nurses including myself had requested not to be assigned to TP patients any longer.
That was back in the mid 70s. It's different today.
It was different back then too. You're full of shit.
Should we talk about vacuums that suck out dead babies now?
Dead babies dont have to be sucked out of anything. They can be easily given a proper burial at the funeral home.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#285500 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I wasn't one of the 3000 that 'they' who know so much decided shouldn't be born.
My mom realized pregnancy was a normal part of how mankind was created to procreate. It didn't cross her mind that I was required to get permission for "free womb & board." Ya know?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#285501 Feb 21, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God want you to kill what he has made?
You're assuming there is a god.

Location hidden

#285502 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was. A very large metal bowl actually.
ROFLMAO So a "very large metal bowl" was used to put a 3 inch 14 week fetus in.

Got it.

ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#285503 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks you protest too much.
You're too much of a coward to answer her question, so you deflect. You're pathetic.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285504 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was and is murder according to the Ten Commandments.
That's relevant to people of your religion. It's not relevant to American law. Deal with it.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#285505 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? They are not given the same chance you and I were.
We could speculate all day long, but we will never know. Plus, if these people think God is all for it, then they should trust Him and remain pregnant. If they miscarry then they do, if not then not.
Katie received her right to have a chance at life. Now she's trying to deny others their right to life.

Definition of a prudish, self-centered, narcissistic sociopath.

Zero empathy or concern for others....none.......

Location hidden

#285506 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you see anything, much less a dead baby boy with tiny fingernails, from a cracked door? What's bothersome to me are short-sighted people who will do and say anything to achieve a goal without ever thinking of the ramifications of that goal.
Apparnetly she "peeked" under the towel in the big metal bowl at the 3 inch fetus. LOLOL! Her claims are HYSTERIAL!

Location hidden

#285507 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How many 'services' do you think a pregnant woman wanting an abortion has over time, including the abortion? If she has a pregnancy test, an STD test, counseling, Previous contraceptives, a pap smear or any other service, her abortion could be just a small percentage of services that just she received.
You're a moron Inkstain. PP is also a health clinic. For MANY women that use their services, it may be the ONLY doctor they ever see.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#285508 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you think we have to "cope" with abortion, when there's nothing wrong with it?
That's your problem. You don't seem to be doing too well with it. Maybe keeping your nose out of other women's uteri would help you.
We don't need to "pretend" you're lying. You obviously are lying. So, now, you say that someone took the fetus elsewhere in the hospital, put it in a container of formaldehyde, and brought it back to the clinic to place on a shelf in a storage room. Damn, woman, even you have to admit that that is a preposterous story. You need to stop.
Elise: "Why would you think we have to "cope" with abortion, when there's nothing wrong with it?"

It is abnormal for a mother to intentionally kill her own baby in utero.

Only a mother who lacks a conscience (sociopath) could go on unremorsef or regret-free for dismembering, squishing the beating heart, & crushing the skull of her preborn baby girl or boy.

I guess we know what you are.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285509 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
True but they would see our downfall as positive. They can't get their heads out of their uteruses and see what is really happening to society.
That gets my vote for Most Stupid Post of the Day. Congratulations, Ink!

Location hidden

#285510 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Really hate to say it, but no wonder half of the population is so confused if you are their representative.
Do you read my posts or just see my name and start arguing after reading the first sentence?
Maybe you should go back and review some of the details.
LOL The "details" are what do you in as a liar Stinky.

Location hidden

#285511 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the only method used in the hospital where I worked.
Bullshit. If you worked in a hospital, they used all methods that were used in the medical community at the time. And saline abortions only made up 23% of abortions in the 70's.

Location hidden

#285512 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 3000 + lives stopped a day.
Over 300+ personal, private, medical decsions made a day. You dont get a say. You never will. Deal with it.
worships reality

United States

#285513 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not confused at all. I know exactly how I feel. How I feel about the choices is irrelevant to my position on choice, which is what I actually said.
I suppose you think you're helping the other poster, but you're really not.
i didn't say you were confused I said you were pusillanimous, which you are.
a woman's right to choose is the law of the land. how you feel about it is irrelevant to that fact. nevertheless you let us know every chance you get.
how you feel about abortion is equally irrelevant to a woman's right to choose yet you remain curiously mute on that subject.
I know I'm not the only one that enjoys watching you dance.

Location hidden

#285514 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not something you should brag about.
WHy shouldn't anyone brag about protesting the lies of your kind?
But how do you feel about the 5 New Jersey judges who unanimously ruled that it's perfectly legal if a woman ingests narcotics or street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby?
You're a lying sack of shit. THey did NOT say that. THey said its not evidence, IN AND OF ITSELF wasn't evidence of abuse or neglect.

They said NOTHING about it being illegal OR legal.

STOP LYING already.

YOu're making yourself look like an even BIGGER idiot that you already are.

Location hidden

#285515 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Prevention is much too easily assessible..
So you have a problem with that?@@

Location hidden

#285516 Feb 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom realized pregnancy was a normal part of how mankind was created to procreate. It didn't cross her mind that I was required to get permission for "free womb & board." Ya know?
You're mom took after granny, you remember, the slut puppy?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#285517 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's relevant to people of your religion. It's not relevant to American law. Deal with it.
Excellent. Hers was just another example of how they try to apply their dogma to everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Dumb coyote 1,785,518
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr None 22,062
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat Ben Avraham 72,100
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri TheFartingClintone 64,852
News Ansonia man wins $360,000 after visit to packag... Thu Ava Ava 4
News Schools Prepare for Temperatures in the 90s Monday Jun 20 Gavone 9
News Newington Discusses Curbing Panhandling Jun 18 Bruddah Z 1

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages