Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311331 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#285110 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
If there were more women using PP to prevent pregnancy instead of aborting the consequences after the fact, I would be all for taxpayer funding of PP.
There are no no guarantees in life. We have to live with every choice we make. Sometimes it means owing up to those choices and doing the right thing.
Young women have the option of adoption. That would be the right thing.
You don't get to decide what is "right" for anyone but yourself. EACH young woman will make the decision that is best for HER. Whether YOU approve of that decision or not is irrelevant.

Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. Don't like it? Tough.
Ocean56

AOL

#285111 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
It was Margaret Sanger who first introduced eugenics and abortion as an option in the U.S. primarily because of her observations of unwanted children in the black community and to "assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."
Just a fact.
I thought you should read some of what Sanger HERSELF wrote. Here are a few quotes from her book WOMAN AND THE NEW RACE.

Woman and the New Race, by Margaret Sanger, 1920

http://www.questia.com/library/1461039/woman-...

1. "Most women who belong to the workers' families have no accurate or reliable knowledge of contraceptives, and are, therefore, bringing children into the world so rapidly that they, their families and their class are overwhelmed with numbers."

2. "The deadly chain of misery is all too plain to anyone who takes the trouble to observe it. A woman of the working class marries and with her husband lives in a degree of comfort upon his earnings. Her household duties are not beyond her strength. Then the children begin to come -- one, two, three, four, possibly five or more. The earnings of the husband do not increase as the family rapidly does. Food, clothing and general comfort in the home grow less as the numbers of the family increase. The woman's work grows heavier, and her strength is less with each child. Possibly -- probably -- she has to go into a factory to add to her husband's earnings. There she toils, doing her housework at night. Her health goes, and the crowded conditions and lack of necessities in the home help to bring about disease -- especially tuberculosis. Under the circumstances, the woman's chances of recovering from each succeeding childbirth grow less. Less too are the chances of the child's surviving."

3. "As far back as 1900, I began to inquire of my associates what one could tell these worried women who asked constantly:'What can I do?' It is the voice of the elemental urge of woman -- it has always been there; and whether we have heeded it or neglected it, we have always heard it. Out of this cry came the birth control movement. Economic conditions have naturally made this elemental need more plain; sometimes they have lent a more desperate to woman's cry for freedom.... But the birth control movement as a movement for woman's basic freedom was born of that unceasing cry of the socially repressed, spiritually stifled woman who is constantly demanding:'what can I do to avoid more children?'

After a year's study in foreign countries for the purpose of supplementing the knowledge gained in my fourteen years as a nurse, I came back to the United States determined to open a clinic. I had decided that there could be no better way of demonstrating to the public the necessity of birth control and the welcome it would receive than by taking the knowledge of contraceptive methods directly to those who most needed it."
Gtown71

United States

#285112 Feb 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you should read some of what Sanger HERSELF wrote. Here are a few quotes from her book WOMAN AND THE NEW RACE.
1. "Most women who belong to the workers' families have no accurate or reliable knowledge of contraceptives, and are, therefore, bringing children into the world so rapidly that they, their families and their class are overwhelmed with numbers."
2. "The deadly chain of misery is all too plain to anyone who takes the trouble to observe it. A woman of the working class marries and with her husband lives in a degree of comfort upon his earnings. Her household duties are not beyond her strength. Then the children begin to come -- one, two, three, four, possibly five or more. The earnings of the husband do not increase as the family rapidly does. Food, clothing and general comfort in the home grow less as the numbers of the family increase. The woman's work grows heavier, and her strength is less with each child. Possibly -- probably -- she has to go into a factory to add to her husband's earnings. There she toils, doing her housework at night. Her health goes, and the crowded conditions and lack of necessities in the home help to bring about disease -- especially tuberculosis. Under the circumstances, the woman's chances of recovering from each succeeding childbirth grow less. Less too are the chances of the child's surviving."
3. "As far back as 1900, I began to inquire of my associates what one could tell these worried women who asked constantly:'What can I do?' It is the voice of the elemental urge of woman -- it has always been there; and whether we have heeded it or neglected it, we have always heard it. Out of this cry came the birth control movement. Economic conditions have naturally made this elemental need more plain; sometimes they have lent a more desperate to woman's cry for freedom.... But the birth control movement as a movement for woman's basic freedom was born of that unceasing cry of the socially repressed, spiritually stifled woman who is constantly demanding:'what can I do to avoid more children?'
After a year's study in foreign countries for the purpose of supplementing the knowledge gained in my fourteen years as a nurse, I came back to the United States determined to open a clinic. I had decided that there could be no better way of demonstrating to the public the necessity of birth control and the welcome it would receive than by taking the knowledge of contraceptive methods directly to those who most needed it."
After I was saved, the size of my home bothered me, knowing how many used to raise many kids in a one or two room home.
Theu didn't have anything fancy, or a secound vac. Home, but they did have a large family, which can be a blessing at times.

As kids get older, they were taught to help out with chores and younger kids.

They may have had hard times, but they did have love, and many God that held them together.

We now have way more prosperity,then ever, yet it seems most families that are even still together are cold and distant.

Everyone does "their " own thing now.
Most will not even consider helping another, unless something is in it for them.

Our society is not getting better, but worse.
Abortions help contribute to this kind of society.

There is not much value on human life, but the same people who will fight tooth and nail to keep abortion alive and well on human babies, will throw you in jail, if you dare do a dog that way.

Whether folks believe in God or not, doesn't matter, if we don't wake up to what we are doing. He Will wake us up.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#285113 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Jesus was a cruel man, because He set a crazy man free, and pigs died, yet you see no problem whatsoever with the killing of live humans by the thousands just today, and again tmrw, and the next day.
You wonder why some folks view your ways of thinking, as waaay off???
Cain slew his brother Abel. Instead of wanting to try
to please God, he preferred to kill his brother.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285114 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just becouse it happens in nature does NOT mean it is natural.
Homosexuals want to take a very few times when some wild animal behaves like it is gay, as if it is natural. It is not.
No more, then a mother cat who kills her young, and then eats it.
If looking into the lives of any wild animal as an example of who humans are, is crazy, or humans killing their young and eating them would be natural.
Well, we've got the killing part down pat.
And now you're trying to back away from your own stupidity.

Sorry, but it being found in nature does make it natural. You wanting to deny that means nothing.

"very few times"? LOL, you're lies are amusing, no more.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285115 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you believe sto is right about these verses?
He says these verses are saying that abortion is ok and God even helps in the process under these conditions, so have you read them, and do you agree with him?
Then I will show you plainly where God is against abortion.
LOL, you're stalling. You "promised" they exist. Tell me where they are.
Ocean56

AOL

#285116 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
After I was saved, the size of my home bothered me, knowing how many used to raise many kids in a one or two room home.
Theu didn't have anything fancy, or a secound vac. Home, but they did have a large family, which can be a blessing at times.
As kids get older, they were taught to help out with chores and younger kids.
They may have had hard times, but they did have love, and many God that held them together.
We now have way more prosperity,then ever, yet it seems most families that are even still together are cold and distant.
Everyone does "their " own thing now.
Most will not even consider helping another, unless something is in it for them.
Our society is not getting better, but worse.
Abortions help contribute to this kind of society.
There is not much value on human life, but the same people who will fight tooth and nail to keep abortion alive and well on human babies, will throw you in jail, if you dare do a dog that way.
Whether folks believe in God or not, doesn't matter, if we don't wake up to what we are doing. He Will wake us up.
Another rant from the whiny militant religionist. YAWN.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285117 Feb 20, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right about this. The problem is, these proabortion pagans hate God. They hate the mere mention of God. They are so devoid of spirituality, they are nothing but empty shells for Satans amusement. That is one of the reasons they spend so much time screaming about how great abortion is and how they hate mothers and motherhood.
Thery need God but they are possesed by evil.
Is there NO greater christian hypocracy here when you follow this with this?
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it Vladdy, now you are just bullshiting. You said yourself you are a bottom. You think you have some magic gay touch? What a crock of shat.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285118 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If nothing else, I can be an example for what not to do, after they get saved.
You're an example of why being "saved" should be avoided at all costs, and that's about it.
sid

Chermside, Australia

#285119 Feb 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain slew his brother Abel. Instead of wanting to try
to please God, he preferred to kill his brother.

Plenty but that's bye the bye.

(The Fixers "inquiring minds" we & all that .... will keep asking)

Your choice. If you want to continue your cowardly, yellow-bellied ways that's up to you.

We will ask you the same questions day after day as in the past until you either piss off or answer them,

Get that into your thick MalbarCACa dunce head.

Who is "we" ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #1 Port Melbourne, Australia Gesundheit!! Pillock Patron5 the mullet *I* had #201
deleted because it was unforgivably offensive of The ADELAIDEANs)

How do you know this JB?

Where do you go to read his posts online?

What other names does this JB have?

What other names do you have?

Why do you come here?

How much do they pay you?

Then:

You have unfinished business, reply to this by adding to the beginning of each one of these sentences: We all the ADELAIDEANs and Neville Benders:

Condemn, reprehend, admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) in all her guises for her abusive actions, conduct and behaviour in all Topix forums.

Condemn Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) for her racist, bigoted and prejudiced opinions,views,comments and remarks.

Reprehend Julie chamberpot WORLD People(Iford Romford UK) for being a black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite
MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD and his cohorts for causing irreparable damage to the Australian and Mauritian forums.

Admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People(IfordRomford UK) for being an ignorant buffoon and a worthless vermin scumbags and VERMIN.

Condemn, Reprehend, admonish Real Indian PoonJABI Sikh The Anti-Muhammad Singh The Aggrolite for being a lunatic, madman, deranged, demented, crazy, ROMEO TINY Real Indian inferior midget turd, Rupert PIN DICK FOOFTER The Maniac Psycho Anti-Muhammad Greensborough Insane Lunatic Nutcase, a SPAMalot IDENTITY THIEF, PLAGIARIZER, ROBBER and IMPOSTOR Ringwood, Australia SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALE F*CKWIT.

Condemn, Reprehend, admonish cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #13 United States, Australia chickyladyrentboy monkey of The ADELAIDEANs) for being deranged, obssessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD.

Condemn, Reprehend, admonish MALBARcaca shapeshifters, The Beady Banger, Beadys Brother Atlanta, GA, MALBAR CACA shirt lifter, MalbarCACA Bum Bandit, punjabi sid, SAD,for having given a whole new meaning to the expression "A race to the bottom" and for being Go suck on dogshit sid's castrated genitals idiotic black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD sIndians.
Gtown71

United States

#285120 Feb 20, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an example of why being "saved" should be avoided at all costs, and that's about it.
Have I told you lately, that I love you?:)
Forum

Lovington, NM

#285121 Feb 20, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil is the one burning us.
Gtown71

United States

#285122 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you're trying to back away from your own stupidity.
Sorry, but it being found in nature does make it natural. You wanting to deny that means nothing.
"very few times"? LOL, you're lies are amusing, no more.
Well I'm 42, and I've never seen a gay animal yet.
I have seen male and female birds, dogs, cats, ducks, deer, armadilos, rabbits, people, and MOST of them had a goal, TO REPRODUCE, NOT KILL THEIR BABY, so that they can go to the coffee shop whenever they please.

And again, I'll show you plenty of what God thinks about abortion, when you tell me, if you agree with sto on those verses.

I believe you want to be as honest as possible, and are having a hard time with this.

If a pro choice person says something right, I'll amen them. Even though it really makes some mad. Lol
Forum

Lovington, NM

#285123 Feb 20, 2013
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty but that's bye the bye.
(The Fixers "inquiring minds" we & all that .... will keep asking)
Your choice. If you want to continue your cowardly, yellow-bellied ways that's up to you.
We will ask you the same questions day after day as in the past until you either piss off or answer them,
Get that into your thick MalbarCACa dunce head.
Who is "we" ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #1 Port Melbourne, Australia Gesundheit!! Pillock Patron5 the mullet *I* had #201
deleted because it was unforgivably offensive of The ADELAIDEANs)
How do you know this JB?
Where do you go to read his posts online?
What other names does this JB have?
What other names do you have?
Why do you come here?
How much do they pay you?
Then:
You have unfinished business, reply to this by adding to the beginning of each one of these sentences: We all the ADELAIDEANs and Neville Benders:
Condemn, reprehend, admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) in all her guises for her abusive actions, conduct and behaviour in all Topix forums.
Condemn Julie chamberpot WORLD People (Iford Romford UK) for her racist, bigoted and prejudiced opinions,views,comments and remarks.
Reprehend Julie chamberpot WORLD People(Iford Romford UK) for being a black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite
MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD and his cohorts for causing irreparable damage to the Australian and Mauritian forums.
Admonish Julie chamberpot WORLD People(IfordRomford UK) for being an ignorant buffoon and a worthless vermin scumbags and VERMIN.
Condemn, Reprehend, admonish Real Indian PoonJABI Sikh The Anti-Muhammad Singh The Aggrolite for being a lunatic, madman, deranged, demented, crazy, ROMEO TINY Real Indian inferior midget turd, Rupert PIN DICK FOOFTER The Maniac Psycho Anti-Muhammad Greensborough Insane Lunatic Nutcase, a SPAMalot IDENTITY THIEF, PLAGIARIZER, ROBBER and IMPOSTOR Ringwood, Australia SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALE F*CKWIT.
Condemn, Reprehend, admonish cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #13 United States, Australia chickyladyrentboy monkey of The ADELAIDEANs) for being deranged, obssessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD.
Condemn, Reprehend, admonish MALBARcaca shapeshifters, The Beady Banger, Beadys Brother Atlanta, GA, MALBAR CACA shirt lifter, MalbarCACA Bum Bandit, punjabi sid, SAD,for having given a whole new meaning to the expression "A race to the bottom" and for being Go suck on dogshit sid's castrated genitals idiotic black dalit sewer rat chharchhobi transvestite MalbarKAKALatrine FUCKTARD sIndians.
God be with you.
Gtown71

United States

#285124 Feb 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another rant from the whiny militant religionist. YAWN.
Take out the word religionist and it applies to most of your post :)
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285125 Feb 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the irony is Sanger started Planned Parenthood in an effort to prevent unwanted children primarily among minorities through prevention and contraception so that abortion could be avoided altogether.

Yet, presently, 70% of black women are single mothers, many having multiple children with multiple absent fathers and a significant number on welfare.

And Planned Parenthood has become little more than abortion factories.

Apparently, Sanger's good intentions have backfired.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#285126 Feb 20, 2013
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/viable

viable fetus: "b.(of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus."

The word "reached" is in th definition of "iable fetus", meaning if a fetus is viable, it has already "reached" viability in utero.
It doesn't REACH viability once born.

PCers who claim that viability of a fetus is something that needs to be "reached" once born are BONEHEADS.

STO's insistence of continuing his stupidit about my supposedly contradicting myself, when I had misspoken, and corrected what I had misspoken at the time I misspoke in a certain post, just displays his childishness.

STO and Katie's insistence that viability of a fetus and viablility of a newborn infant are the same thing, just displays their senselessness, and lack of intelligence. Neither is as intelligent as they think they are, and neither has common sense. They've been proving it by not being able to understand a very simple and obvious difference between fetus and infant and not beinable to understand definitions established by the medical community and RvW.

They'll keep arguing and insisting that what I was saying confirmed what they had been saying about viability of a fetus, when what I confirmed is that they've been talking about viability of an INFANT. Not viability of a FETUS.

In displaying they don't get the distinction, and in trying to argue that viability of a fetus and viability of an infant are the same thing; they've been proving they're "boneheads". Bonehead is a "stupid person", and that's what the've proven they each are. "Stupid" means "lack of intelligence and common sense", which STO and Katie have both displayed on the topic of viability.

Both are too childish to admit they're wrong, even in light of every piece of factual information proving they're wrong. Of course, people need to have intelligence and sense to understand the information provided, which they don't.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285127 Feb 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to decide what is "right" for anyone but yourself. EACH young woman will make the decision that is best for HER. Whether YOU approve of that decision or not is irrelevant.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. Don't like it? Tough.
It's not just about the woman when she creates another life. Prevention is too easily assessible.

Why does the law convict someone of double murder if they kill a pregnant woman but the same woman has carte blanche in killing the same life?

Have present-day women really become that self-centered?

Why isn't Planned Parenthood's mission and focus prevention? They certainly have the funds to get this message out.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#285128 Feb 20, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm right. As usual.
Katie wrote: "Because, as we know, if the newborn dies in spite of using ALS, then it had not reached viability."
"lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That was about the BORN infant, "reaching viability", you nitwit. "
A "newborn" is a "BORN infant". Just like Katie said.
What is wrong with you? Push the reset button, will ya?
A newborn is a born infant, and I've been saing that, nitwit. But a newborn/infant is not and never will be a FETUS.

Your brain doesn't process information like that of an adult with adult intelligence and sense.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#285129 Feb 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will force Texas into this century. In my state, a pregnant teen has sole decision-making powers over her own body regardless of what her parents want. That should be how it is in more states. But the rights and responsibilities come with teens being able to make their own medical decisions at an early age -- which includes mental health such as counseling. So it's not all rainbows and sunshine when the same teen can refuse treatment and/or refuse pregnancy against the parents' wishes. It does go both ways when these become law.
Not one word from you about how that story proved you wrong in claiming that "no one is forced to have an abortion in this country".

Even if it's illegal to force someone to have an abortion, teens are still being forced or coerced to have abortions. Some parents are using coercion, as that story gave an example of, to make it so the teen feels they have no other choice. Abortion being legal allows for that to happen more easily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,047
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr OzRitz 1,394,925
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,719
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages