Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,384)

Showing posts 267,661 - 267,680 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285010
Feb 19, 2013
 
cpeter1313 wrote:
Reporting them? I'm not even understanding them! It'slike stream of consciousness meets the DT's.
<quoted text>
Very true-and a great description.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285011
Feb 19, 2013
 
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you got this but the exact opposite is true, e.g. if you look down the railroad track and the rails seem to come together; do you perceive any reason why they don't? No. But common sense tells you that they don't.
You're talking about an optical illusion.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285012
Feb 19, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this answers my question, or even addresses the point.
What point in telling people things they already know, or can learn easily if they wish?
And there WERE no gospels when Jesus supposedly lived.
God gave the Jews the Torah. Laws.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285013
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly ironic. Sanger sounds more pro-life than someone who started Planned Parenthood.
“While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization. I also assert that the responsibility for these abortions and the illness, misery and deaths that come in their train lies at the door of a government whose authority has been stretched beyond the limits of the people’s intention and which, in its puritanical blindness, insists upon suffering and death from ignorance, rather than life and happiness from knowledge and prevention.”(MS,“Birth Control or Abortion?” Birth Control Review [Dec. 1918]: 3-4 [MSM S70:0809])
"Knowledge and prevention". That's what I've been talking about.
Odd that Margaret Sanger and I would have the same message.
It's not odd at all.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285014
Feb 19, 2013
 
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will force Texas into this century. In my state, a pregnant teen has sole decision-making powers over her own body regardless of what her parents want. That should be how it is in more states. But the rights and responsibilities come with teens being able to make their own medical decisions at an early age -- which includes mental health such as counseling. So it's not all rainbows and sunshine when the same teen can refuse treatment and/or refuse pregnancy against the parents' wishes. It does go both ways when these become law.
Why does she have to be pregnant to have sole decision-making powers over her own body regardless of what her parents want? Why isn't she given tht ability when she isn't pregnant?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285015
Feb 19, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal perception is not the most reliable of sources for fact. Especially when one begins with a belief they want to see proven. Your "perception" of the 1914 publication you referred to in your previous post proves that it's not reliable.
I asked for your source, and you couldn't answer. WHERE does your "perception" come from? WHERE do your supposed "facts" come from?
Publications are not perceptions.

However, common sense needs no explanation by it's definition. Same as common knowledge.

It's connecting the dots. You just have to connect them all to see the picture or the picture is distorted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285016
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Odd, huh? On my soap box, I speak out about prevention as the only sure fire way to prevent abortions too.
She did say that if a woman chooses to have an abortion, she should put her mind to it in the first phases and get it done.
But we have the morning after pill now. Wonder why that's not being emphasized more by more women with a pulpit.
It's emphasized. It's simply not regular contraception. It may have escaped your notice, but it's other name is Emergency Contraception. It's not mean for everyday.

By they way, the only people here who are against prevention are those Catholics who think it's a sin, and they tend to be on the anti-choice side.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285017
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave the Jews the Torah. Laws.
No one is talking about the Torah, or the Jews. Do try to pay better attention.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285018
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about an optical illusion.
Which can skew a person's perceptions. And it's an excellent point. You might say he's right on track.

Again, WHERE does your "perception" come from?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285019
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Publications are not perceptions.
However, common sense needs no explanation by it's definition. Same as common knowledge.
It's connecting the dots. You just have to connect them all to see the picture or the picture is distorted.
LOL, this little sidestep you're doing is not fooling anyone.

WHAT "dots" have you "connected" that form your "common sense" "perception"? What is your source?

Is there some reason you are reluctant to share with us what lead you to the conclusion you came to?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285020
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're avoiding my question. Why?
Thought I did answer it - probably responsed to someone else.

Unless someone is in the process of seeking God or at a place in their life where they need God, no amount of witnessing will make them find him or need him. Especially in a fast-paced and high tech country like our own.

But there are many places in the world where the gospel is being heard for the first time through the work of missionaries.

There's a fascinating true story called 'End of the Spear'. Lives and hearts have been changed in even the most remote parts of the world.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285021
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, this little sidestep you're doing is not fooling anyone.
WHAT "dots" have you "connected" that form your "common sense" "perception"? What is your source?
Is there some reason you are reluctant to share with us what lead you to the conclusion you came to?
Had to go back and see what we were initially talking about.

But I had said there's not a strong enough message being sent to young women to take precautions and the consequences of not doing so and the option of abortion has become the alternative to prevention.

So common sense would dictate if more women practiced prevention, abortion wouldn't need to be the alternative.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285022
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I did answer it - probably responsed to someone else.
Unless someone is in the process of seeking God or at a place in their life where they need God, no amount of witnessing will make them find him or need him. Especially in a fast-paced and high tech country like our own.
But there are many places in the world where the gospel is being heard for the first time through the work of missionaries.
There's a fascinating true story called 'End of the Spear'. Lives and hearts have been changed in even the most remote parts of the world.
Given that the discussion was about the "witnessing" going on here, your post does not address the question.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285023
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to go back and see what we were initially talking about.
But I had said there's not a strong enough message being sent to young women to take precautions and the consequences of not doing so and the option of abortion has become the alternative to prevention.
So common sense would dictate if more women practiced prevention, abortion wouldn't need to be the alternative.
Again, I'm asking what your source is for the last part of that statement. "Common sense" is not an answer. It's a copout. It's what people say when they DON'T have any evidence to base their beliefs on.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285024
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which can skew a person's perceptions. And it's an excellent point. You might say he's right on track.
Again, WHERE does your "perception" come from?
All I can do is provide definitions to define the difference between common sense and an optical illusion.

Optical illusion - a visual experience in which something is drawn or designed deliberately to fool the eye.

Common sense - good judgment: sound practical judgment derived from experience rather than study.

Perception - the process of using the senses to acquire information about the surrounding environment or situation.

Common sense and perception is acquiring information from experience and the surrounding environment.

An optical illusion is meant to fool the eye.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285025
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, Katie wished for a more interesting topic of conversation. How about that Alabama Representative who wants more restrictions on abortion clinics because, to paraphrase, abortion is major surgery because the fetus is the largest "organ" to be removed from a woman's body?

Why are people SO very ignorant of the facts of reproduction allowed to decide medical issues for others?

And does she realize that she just disproved the argument from her own side regarding the "personhood" of a fetus?

How stupid are these people?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285026
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can do is provide definitions to define the difference between common sense and an optical illusion.
Optical illusion - a visual experience in which something is drawn or designed deliberately to fool the eye.
Common sense - good judgment: sound practical judgment derived from experience rather than study.
Perception - the process of using the senses to acquire information about the surrounding environment or situation.
Common sense and perception is acquiring information from experience and the surrounding environment.
An optical illusion is meant to fool the eye.
Are you seriously suggesting that what you perceive when you look at train tracks is done DELIBERATELY?

Again, personal perceptions can be skewed, and result in poor judgement. They are not a reliable source.

You're dancing all over the place, desperately trying NOT to explain where your "perception" comes from. Which clearly indicates it's just something you want to believe for some reason, and not an actual fact. Got it.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285027
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm asking what your source is for the last part of that statement. "Common sense" is not an answer. It's a copout. It's what people say when they DON'T have any evidence to base their beliefs on.
No offense, but it's pretty simple.

If pregnancy isn't prevented, abortion is an easy and convienent alternative.

Maybe we're just splitting hairs now.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285028
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bitner wrote:
Well, Katie wished for a more interesting topic of conversation. How about that Alabama Representative who wants more restrictions on abortion clinics because, to paraphrase, abortion is major surgery because the fetus is the largest "organ" to be removed from a woman's body?
Why are people SO very ignorant of the facts of reproduction allowed to decide medical issues for others?
And does she realize that she just disproved the argument from her own side regarding the "personhood" of a fetus?
How stupid are these people?
As much as I hate to admit it, many prolifers are their own worse enemies.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#285029
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that the discussion was about the "witnessing" going on here, your post does not address the question.
Thought I did.

Anyway, believers will always be compelled to witness when an opportunity presents itself.

But arguing about is not helpful or necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 267,661 - 267,680 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Hartford County was issued at July 14 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••