Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285043 Feb 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask for a comparison you dumb thing - you asked what our taxes go to that we dont like.
Funny how you keep trying to change the discussion to reach YOUR desired goal.
Exactly. She asks a question. She gets a direct answer. How audacious of us!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285044 Feb 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea sto I would agree with you, if ANY OF THE VERSES said ANYTHING ABOUT A BABE IN THE WOMB, but the say. absolutely NOTHING ABOUT ABORTING A BABE.
Your whole argument was based on what happened to the guilty wife, which was her belly SWELLED "inflated " NOT "deflated ".
Her thigh would ROT.
and all would shun her. Which YOU said happens when a woman has an abortion.
Instead of trying to make verses condone a sinful act, and trying to see how much "world " you can have in you, and still have God, why not overshoot the other way.
I can promise you the bible clearly says abortion in wrong, compared to your sad attempt to make it right.
Where does it say abortion is wrong? Where, exactly? Chapter, verse. I do believe you've been asked this before, and not answered.

Atrisco Village

#285045 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong about the intellect side.
It's really a Physical, Mental and Spiritual Triangle.
Or mind, body, spirit.
Some substitute social for spiritual.
Only three sides. Physiology isn't considered one of the sides necessary for well-being.
Physiology would be the body side,,Sapph.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285046 Feb 19, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does she have to be pregnant to have sole decision-making powers over her own body regardless of what her parents want? Why isn't she given tht ability when she isn't pregnant?
"But the rights and responsibilities come with teens being able to make their own medical decisions at an early age -- which includes mental health such as counseling. So it's not all rainbows and sunshine when the same teen can refuse treatment and/or refuse pregnancy against the parents' wishes. It does go both ways when these become law."

See this above paragraph? It basically says that young teens have decision-making powers regarding their medical care including counseling and refusing treatment. This begins as early as 14 years old and can be as innocuous as dental care.

So to answer your question, I wasn't saying this law only applied to pregnant teens. Hope that answers your question.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285047 Feb 19, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't posting to Foo or you, but to Doc. You're not relevant to what I said to Doc, and neither is Foo. She's already explained herself and I still disagree that she had a point because her point made was made based only on artificial wombs, and not the entire hypothetical you and Doc had been discussing.
My point was ONLY on the comment Doc made, AGAIN - which was the statement:

"But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~

I was not talking about the hypothetical AT ALL LYNNEKINS. I was addressing that statement ONLY.

A statement Doc himself already conceded the point to me on.

Whether YOU disaree is what's irrelevant dear.

Atrisco Village

#285048 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreading the gospel goes back as far as 33 A.D.
Believers are in every part of the world - some still face persecution and/or have to worship in secret.
We just take our freedoms for granted.
As long as you folks don't push yourselves on us, you may practice your religions all you like. BTW, we're all believers in something, so we all get to use the term, "Believer." Just sayin.....

Location hidden

#285049 Feb 19, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Post 284403
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.
KEYWORDS **and the words I was responding to**-

"But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability."

Doc has MOVED ON in the discussion - and is THOUGHTFULLY opining on a NEW concept - what could or would change if an artifical womb was a reality.

His NEXT sentence "Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore." is what I responded to. SOmething you'd know if you could 'read for comprehension'.

Abortion would STILL be an issue, because there would be women that simply wouldn't want to UTILIZE the artifical womb. I then conceded the point back to HIM by saying that it would open up a new - as yet unavailable - choice for women, but NOT all women would take it. Thus, abortion WOULD still be an issue.

He conceded the point in his next post to ME.

YOUR bullshit trying to twist what I said and what I was responding TO is what's irrelevant Lynniekins.

Location hidden

#285050 Feb 19, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, as usual. None of you can read for comprehension.
That's pretty funny coming from the dumb bitch that's trying to twist what I said and what I was responding TO, because SHE can't "read for comprehension".

Location hidden

#285051 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you mean all those with lung cancer are smokers, they only kill themselves.
MORE stupidity. All people with lung cancer are NOT smokers, and that's NOT what was said to you.

Once AGAIN - WHY DO YOU LIE?

Why do your kind NEVER answer this question?

Location hidden

#285052 Feb 19, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
The Golden Rule.
You mean from the 70's?, "Do unto others.........then split...." LOL

Atrisco Village

#285053 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
War falls under the Department of Defense, a Constitutional entity.
However, I don't believe your tax dollars fund private schools.
If vouchers were implemented and parents actually had a choice in where to send their own children for an education, that might be the case.
But, for some reason, most democrats want to keep them in crappy and/or inner city schools.
The voucher program is funded by tax dollars. I pay for religion-based education. I don't know where you live. Maybe you should move to NM. Lots of private schools here and most are religion-based. That's cool. So is tax dollars going to PP, then. Isn't that fair?

Location hidden

#285054 Feb 19, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I hate to admit it, many prolifers are their own worse enemies.
Totally different topic, but did you hear about THIS latest nonsense?

Missouri Bill Makes It A Felony For Lawmakers To Propose Gun Safety Legislation

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/19/1...

Things that make you say WTF??

Atrisco Village

#285055 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if they were ever prosecuted. One scenario caught on video was a PP employee telling a minor she could have an abortion, reassuring her that the name of the father wasn't necessary, and did not alert the authorities. This is potentially ignoring and even encouraging more abuse.
It's like that ACORN video caught on camera where a man was told he didn't have to worry about being reported if the house he wanted to buy would be used for child prositution.
I think this was investigated but don't know the outcome.
I see. So, there's one incident, very vague and unprovable. Gotcha. Well, you folks keep working, by all means. I hate corruption and cheaters, no matter who they are.

Location hidden

#285056 Feb 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us who oppose abortion are FORCED to pay folks who advertize for abortion.
Really? First off, tell us exactly who's holding a gun to your head and FORCING you to do ANYTHING where PP is concerned.

Second, show us a SINGLE "advertizment" for abortion for PP.

Stop your lying bullshit son.

Atrisco Village

#285057 Feb 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in my early twenties, my friend got a job at a mall pizza restaurant. She quit after the first day because after closing the manager would close down the gates and lock the employees in until they had cleaned up to his satisfaction.
Walmart was sued for that. And the employees locked in were apparently made to work off the clock, to top it off.

Location hidden

#285058 Feb 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Physiology would be the body side,,Sapph.
She's not that bright for a "former" nurse. Must have burnt a few brain cells trying to bottle feed a 4 month old 'botched abortion' while it was wrapped in a blanket to save its life....

ROFLMAO That STILL cracks me up!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285059 Feb 19, 2013
Jesus is the King of Israel.

Atrisco Village

#285060 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your answers were not applicable to the question.
Funding wars doesn't count. Neither does funding private schools.
Those are the only two - to my knowledge - you've given me so far. Maybe I just missed a few. What were the other two again?
lol. Sorry, love, you're don't get to mandate what counts. You are very arrogant. Private schools that get funded by tax dollars by way of government vouchers are certainly relevant. It doesn't matter that you, personally, don't want to recognize that.

Atrisco Village

#285061 Feb 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So jesus couldn't have just exorcised the demons and left the pigs alone? His actions drove the pigs over the cliff. But it's cute you think pigs think things through and can consider committing suicide.
<quoted text>
Jesus was a drama queen.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285062 Feb 19, 2013
This is a good question.

Why is it that religious freaks act and look strange? Kind of nerdy and not with it. Their demeanor is different.

I would imagine 99% of you people would know the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min OzRitz 53,061
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,224,603
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit Mon Vinvin 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Chuck 19,892
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! Sun manny 2
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... May 3 weatherfieldguy112 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]