Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,286)

Showing posts 265,701 - 265,720 of304,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You smoke? Eww.
Did I say I did?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a good christian girl doing having sex at 12?
Did Ayaka say anyone was having sex?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't be a false premise when you admit "some may". They do. sjm is one. Never said "all". If you're not one uv'em, then I'm not talking about you.
It's a GREAT analogy!
Why are PL such poor sports? It is a GREAT analogy.
And I just took it a little further. Let's see what they do with it, STO.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
One that will be worth its weight on paper does.
Who's in charge? The husband, the wife? Both? The kids?
What if factories had no one in charge?
Same as a home, someone must have the final say, and that choice should be made for the betterment of the family.
It is the only way it will work well, becouse men and women are different -other then physical.
When a husband and wife disagrees on a decision that must be made, then what does one do?
When there is a free for all anywhere, then you have a riot.
I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. A good marriage does not need anyone in charge. I have such a marriage, and my husband and I make decisions together. When we disagree, we hash it out until we reach agreement. It works beautifully. No one said anything about a "free for all". It's not an either/or thing, but I don't suppose an extremist would understand that. There is a middle ground between tyranny and anarchy that you have apparently not considered.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I required to think something is funny because you think it's funny to be able to consider myself as having a sense of humor?
Basically, yes.

Anything else?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The final say? No discussion? No compromise?
Never heard of reaching an agreement?
Exactly. As I said, there is a middle ground between tyranny and anarchy that he's apparently never considered.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe in your eyes sex is wrong. Making sex taboo is a method religion uses to control its followers. Sex is a natural human process and making kids feel guilty about natural feelings is sick.
There is nothing wrong with teenagers exploring their sexuality and leads to mentally healthy adults.
We see what happens when human sexuality is repressed...take what happened in Timbuktu and Mali recently when fundamentalist Muslims tried to enforce Sharia law....
comparing teenagers having sexual relations to teenage drinking is so absurb it doesn't deserve a reply
Sex is a natural, beautiful thing, when two people are married. "Pink one and a blue one ",but to teach kids to go do whatever they like, or if it feels good it must be good is what is truly sick.

You make no distinction between kids and dogs.

When two people come together the two become one flesh, and they are forever linked to that person.

It is up to each person what they choose to do, but to encourage bad behaivor, only renders bad results.

The seperation of church and state was put in place, so we wouldn't have a state rum religion, but christian values are all through our history "starting at this nations beginning.

If you want to teach your kids that they come from wild animals and that thet should feel free to act like one, in your own home then that's your business.

Most christians have been like sto, and that's why our country is getting in the shape it is now.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently in the mind of this little "all or nothing" extremist, if a woman wants to also work outside of the home, it must mean she wants to be the boss of her husband.
Ridiculous, but I feel sorry for his wife. I can't imagine a marriage that is not an equal partnership.
I see his born-again beliefs seem right in line with Christian/Catholic dogma. Next he'll be telling us we women came from Adam's rib and he has God-given dominion over all the animals of the Earth and the fish in the sea blah blah.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I did?
Do you smoke?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Ayaka say anyone was having sex?
Then why the condoms?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your personal opinion, but not shared by all.
The reason I asked you about Jesus, is you seem to like pointing out fake christians, and I would like to think, one must know what an original one looked like, in order to spot a fake.
Kinda like a rolex watch.
Your version of "what you think " a real christian looks like, is just that. Your version.
The main problem with it, is the same you have throughout life, and that is when you live acvording to what "you think ".
My "version" came from my parents and grandparents, and so far nobody here is even close to being in their league. They talked the talk AND walked the walk.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are PL such poor sports? It is a GREAT analogy.
And I just took it a little further. Let's see what they do with it, STO.
They'll twist it. They'll start asking stupid questions that have nothing to do with the content of your post.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is a natural, beautiful thing, when two people are married. "Pink one and a blue one ",but to teach kids to go do whatever they like, or if it feels good it must be good is what is truly sick.
You make no distinction between kids and dogs.
When two people come together the two become one flesh, and they are forever linked to that person.
It is up to each person what they choose to do, but to encourage bad behaivor, only renders bad results.
The seperation of church and state was put in place, so we wouldn't have a state rum religion, but christian values are all through our history "starting at this nations beginning.
If you want to teach your kids that they come from wild animals and that thet should feel free to act like one, in your own home then that's your business.
Most christians have been like sto, and that's why our country is getting in the shape it is now.
No one has said, or implied, that we should teach kids "that they come from wild animals and that thet should feel free to act like one", or to "go do whatever they like".

When you indicate that someone has, and they have not, that IS you "willingly" lying.

Your position is extremist. Again, there is middle ground. There is middle ground between letting kids run wild, and making them feel ashamed of themselves for the very natural feelings they have.

I just bet you're one of those puritanical people who think of masturbation as "self violation", aren't you?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't be a false premise when you admit "some may". They do. sjm is one. Never said "all". If you're not one uv'em, then I'm not talking about you.
It's a GREAT analogy!
most ac do not assert what you claim they do. so would it be accurate for me to say that "ac do not assert that pro choice is to encourage abortion" ? not if we acknowledge that some may in fact assert that.
your statement clearly implied that all ac assert this.
your analogy sucked.
I ran your sorry ass explanation past those same analogy experts. the consensus rating of your analogy has gone down to 0.3.
I'll dumb it down for you. quit while you're ahead.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see his born-again beliefs seem right in line with Christian/Catholic dogma. Next he'll be telling us we women came from Adam's rib and he has God-given dominion over all the animals of the Earth and the fish in the sea blah blah.
I would not be a bit surprised.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
It sound like you are describing a Wahhabbist ideal family. Osama bin Ladin practiced your idea of a family. The women stay home and raise the kids and are completely subservient to the man. They are also deeply religious and have god in their lives. did god lead them to the truth??
sorry, but history has proven that the net affect of religion on man has been negative
Yea osama was very religious, but he didn't live like what I describe.
He made choices that were best for "Him ", and not his family.

I agree that he was a very good muslim, just like the guys that flew the planes into the towers were good muslims, but tbeir god is dead and in hell.

There god is based on lust, after all those guys truly thought the were going to get 30 virgins and a high spot in heaven.

My God, the only true God of all, "gave " so that we could go to Heaven, if we choose to accept His free gift.

Many are very religious but know not God.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

lol

Only the good :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
most ac do not assert what you claim they do. so would it be accurate for me to say that "ac do not assert that pro choice is to encourage abortion" ? not if we acknowledge that some may in fact assert that.
Please pass on that bit of wisdom to those AC who refer to PC folks as "proabort".

It was a BRILLIANT analogy!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that he was a very good muslim, just like the guys that flew the planes into the towers were good muslims, but tbeir god is dead and in hell.
There god is based on lust, after all those guys truly thought the were going to get 30 virgins and a high spot in heaven.
My God, the only true God of all, "gave " so that we could go to Heaven, if we choose to accept His free gift.
You seem to know very little about Islam, and as for the rest, that's simply your belief. They are not facts. Sorry.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden is a terrible representative of Islam. Like Jim Jones or David Koresh were to Christianity.

I've known many Muslims and they are wonderful people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 265,701 - 265,720 of304,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min SpaceBlues 45,534
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min John Galt 1,072,704
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 67,541
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 hr HughBe 68,160
FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 8 Cahoots 15
B & D Automotive in Newington, Connecticut Jul 7 Byron Phillips 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••