Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311327 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Anonymous

United States

#282946 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
It sound like you are describing a Wahhabbist ideal family. Osama bin Ladin practiced your idea of a family. The women stay home and raise the kids and are completely subservient to the man. They are also deeply religious and have god in their lives. did god lead them to the truth??
sorry, but history has proven that the net affect of religion on man has been negative
Yea osama was very religious, but he didn't live like what I describe.
He made choices that were best for "Him ", and not his family.

I agree that he was a very good muslim, just like the guys that flew the planes into the towers were good muslims, but tbeir god is dead and in hell.

There god is based on lust, after all those guys truly thought the were going to get 30 virgins and a high spot in heaven.

My God, the only true God of all, "gave " so that we could go to Heaven, if we choose to accept His free gift.

Many are very religious but know not God.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282947 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Most christians have been like sto, and that's why our country is getting in the shape it is now.
lol

Only the good :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282948 Feb 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
most ac do not assert what you claim they do. so would it be accurate for me to say that "ac do not assert that pro choice is to encourage abortion" ? not if we acknowledge that some may in fact assert that.
Please pass on that bit of wisdom to those AC who refer to PC folks as "proabort".

It was a BRILLIANT analogy!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282949 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that he was a very good muslim, just like the guys that flew the planes into the towers were good muslims, but tbeir god is dead and in hell.
There god is based on lust, after all those guys truly thought the were going to get 30 virgins and a high spot in heaven.
My God, the only true God of all, "gave " so that we could go to Heaven, if we choose to accept His free gift.
You seem to know very little about Islam, and as for the rest, that's simply your belief. They are not facts. Sorry.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282950 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden is a terrible representative of Islam. Like Jim Jones or David Koresh were to Christianity.

I've known many Muslims and they are wonderful people.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282951 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I taught safe sex; there was no physical contact, nor did I use it to meet guys. I've never needed pretense to get a guy. Gays don't have lifrstyles; they have lives. So, no, you know NOTHING about us.
Calling you an arrogant bitch is a personal judgment based on your own post; "lesbo" is just a derogatory term for an entire group.
I don't suck up to anyone; the law and scince are on our side. You're nothing.
Adopting a child is a rigorous process. You're just spouting off about yet something else you know nothing about.
YOU brought up this imaginary "expert", liar.
<quoted text>
You never dated or had sex with a guy that you met while teaching safe sex? Rolling eyes.

Yes, don't kid yourself. To say I know nothing about gays is just a lie. Don't be silly. That would be like me saying you know nothing about straight people. Impossible.

Here we go about Lesbo. Are you a woman? If not, why do you care so much? It's just not normal to get so upset over a word. Something hits a nerve.

You seem to be such a hateful guy/woman. Life has not been good to you. I understand, but try to rise above it. Everyone gets beat up once in a while. Not just gays.

YOU keep bringing up the expert. Yes, there are experts out there. Listen to them, you might learn something. You are the kind of person that thinks YOU know everything, but we both know that is not true.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282952 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I take it you've never read anything for comprehension?
I came out in 1978; mom died last year. She was far stronger and smarter than you could ever be. Actually, my ex was her favorite in-law.
<quoted text>
Comparing me to your mother is just juvenile. Typical you. So, she was far stronger than me. How so?

I bet you broke your mothers heart when you came out. Don't say you didn't. It would be impossible for a parent to be happy with that news.
worships reality

United States

#282953 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know very little about Islam, and as for the rest, that's simply your belief. They are not facts. Sorry.
muslims assert that terrorism is righteous.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282954 Feb 8, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a law that parents have to raise their own children.
Foster care can help out the family with family services.
Counseling, food stamps, housing (HUD), utility bills,
daycare, medicare. There is always help.
The State of New Mexico has criminals on staff that are hurting children by putting them in foster care when they should be with their own family.
Yes, it is the law that parents have to raise their own kids, but you can go to court and relinquish all rights. People do that.

Foster homes are the last resort. Sometimes nothing else works out and they have to go there. What else can you do? It's a pity.

Must be a lot of single mothers out there - who are having a rough time. Is there a solution?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282955 Feb 8, 2013
Starting to feel sorry for Peter.

Life must have been very tough on him because he seems so angry and has a big chip on his shoulder.

Everyone should pray for him.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282956 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your Bible about what your God said about the destiny of Ishmael's descendents (Abraham's older son).
It seems Bn Laden was fulfilling God's role for him.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282957 Feb 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
muslims assert that terrorism is righteous.
Not any of the Muslims I've met. Extremists, maybe. Just like there are extremist Christians who suggest that non-Christians be executed (Dominionists), there are extremist Muslims. You cannot judge a whole religion by the extremists.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282958 Feb 8, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a law that parents have to raise their own children.
Foster care can help out the family with family services.
Counseling, food stamps, housing (HUD), utility bills,
daycare, medicare. There is always help.
The State of New Mexico has criminals on staff that are hurting children by putting them in foster care when they should be with their own family.
EVERY SINGLE TIME I think we cant POSSIBLY see anything more stupid than whatever has been posted already, some new idiot comes along and top's 'em.@@

Location hidden

#282959 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>

Guess what, tho? They wouldn't ask because they know what the Bible indicates regarding specific sins. My friends here on this thread are way too smart to waste my time with stupid questions like that. If they had a question, I'm SURE it would be a helluva lot more in depth.
Oh HELL yeah! Come on STO, just think of all the discussions you and I have had over the years on these kinds of theological issues.

Gtown is a phony, plain and simple.

Location hidden

#282960 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would."
<thud>
I have given you thoughtful posts and you don't respond. I have outlined all that women's civil rights cover aside from abortion and you haven't made a peep. I have shared my personal opinions regarding abortion and all you can say is what I quoted from you. As if I never said/posted a word.
And you wonder why some posters call you a liar. Really?
The lying sack of crap has repeatedly done the same thing to me. He suffers from the same thing the rest of the extremist freaks suffer from - selective blindness.

Location hidden

#282961 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you see where he accused me of crossing sassy's civil liberties?
Is that like crossing your fingers and toes, or braiding each other's hair?

The boy's an idiot.
worships reality

United States

#282962 Feb 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>EVERY SINGLE TIME I think we cant POSSIBLY see anything more stupid than whatever has been posted already, some new idiot comes along and top's 'em.@@
agree. did you see sto's stupid analogy?

Location hidden

#282963 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would stand for my right to speak my mind, but I forget liberals only want free speech when folks are speaking what they like to hear.
Again, you outright lie.

We're all FOR your free speech, and every one of us will fight for your right to continue to make a complete ass of yourself.

However - what you DID forget is that OUR free speech allows us to respond and ridicule your stupidity and challange your lies.
Anonymous

United States

#282964 Feb 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
We came from our parents, jonboy and your misunderstanding about the theory of evolution only makes you look stupid.
You are right. Two people "pink and blue one "come together and " create" a baby. A baby that starts out very very small, and gets bigger and bigger unless at any time someone takes a sharp object and ends that life.

Buildings are created, people are created, cars, as I think of it all things are created.

Saying things come from evolving "which has Never been seen ",would seem to make someone ignorant.

I'm not even sure why most scientist spend so much time creating tools and labs, if they would just wait long enough, those things would evolve. Lol

Location hidden

#282965 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not read many post, I've never read your personal experience, and as far as some on here who call me a liar? I agree with them, I am, becouse I have lied before many many times, just not on this post, or atleast not willingly.
I just wonder what the die hard pro choice people think about the numbers of abortions being performed?
You're LYING right now. AGAIN. YOu've been answered. REPEATEDLY.

If you're wondering its because you're IGNORING your responses.
They say that one must back up claims with facts. Ok -it is a Fact that since Gods name and words have been taken out of school, and safe sex put in -there are more kids having sex at a much younger age then ever.
Oh HORSESHIT. That is NOT a fact. One thing has NOTHING to do with the other. I can tell you that when I was a kid, taking your jebus out of the schools was the best thing that ever happened to MY school - given he didn't mean shit to many of the kids and their families.

Your kind's religous garbage has NO place in a public school as ANYTHING resembling required study.
Not to mention the millions of babies who have died, so that people can enjoy the pleasures of sex, without any responsibilities that come with it.
And AGAIN you lie.

Not a single BAbY has died so anyone can enjoy sex.

Grow the hell up you idiot.

Plus just like gays, they want everyone to think that most people agree with all that is going on in our country..
WTF is THIS jibberish? I repeat, you are a VERY stupid man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Ize Found 70,712
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nuculur option 1,394,838
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Into The Night 60,035
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages