Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,127
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282897 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any of them advocating to illegalize tobacco. When you apply the same logic they use regarding abortion, they are, again, silent.
Oh, you don't want to outlaw smoking, huh? Well, I guess that means even tho YOU wouldn't smoke and don't approve of smoking, or have no opinion on the matter, since you don't want it banned you also drive smokers down to the local smoke shop, buy their cigarettes, open the pack, pull one out, stick it in their mouth, and light it up for 'em! Yeah, your a ProSmoker cuz you think folks should have the right to choose to smoke or not!
LOLOL
So right on! Perfect analogy, STO :)
Anonymous

United States

#282898 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would."
<thud>
I have given you thoughtful posts and you don't respond. I have outlined all that women's civil rights cover aside from abortion and you haven't made a peep. I have shared my personal opinions regarding abortion and all you can say is what I quoted from you. As if I never said/posted a word.
And you wonder why some posters call you a liar. Really?
I've not read many post, I've never read your personal experience, and as far as some on here who call me a liar? I agree with them, I am, becouse I have lied before many many times, just not on this post, or atleast not willingly.

I just wonder what the die hard pro choice people think about the numbers of abortions being performed?

Many pro choice on here want to send a message, that it is ok to have as much sex as people want, and if pregnancy occurs "which is the only way to get pregnant ",then women should be able to stop the life that is inside them, for any reason whatsoever.

They say that one must back up claims with facts. Ok -it is a Fact that since Gods name and words have been taken out of school, and safe sex put in -there are more kids having sex at a much younger age then ever.

Not to mention the millions of babies who have died, so that people can enjoy the pleasures of sex, without any responsibilities that come with it.

It is kinda like enjoying a sports car, but never changing the oil.
It don't work very well very long.

Plus just like gays, they want everyone to think that most people agree with all that is going on in our country.
It appears the further north you go, the less you hear about God, but they are still there who believe Gods way is the best way.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282899 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think our schools are better off since safe sex is being taught?
Do you think kids are safer since?
From what I've seen, there are more stds today then ever.we know that there are way more abortions.
It is called sex education, you silly little twit and you could use some.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282900 Feb 8, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You win!
I can't beat that kind of debating.
I am going to c&p this, grumpy, and use it with Doc, if you don't mind.

:)
Anonymous

United States

#282901 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jokes completely lack any humor. I think they just show your true feelings.
That's your personal opinion, but not shared by all.

The reason I asked you about Jesus, is you seem to like pointing out fake christians, and I would like to think, one must know what an original one looked like, in order to spot a fake.

Kinda like a rolex watch.

Your version of "what you think " a real christian looks like, is just that. Your version.
The main problem with it, is the same you have throughout life, and that is when you live acvording to what "you think ".
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282902 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal experience with any who "say they represent God ",does not mean they do.
There are many things I say I don't believe in, but I'm not angry toward those who do.
Plus we came from somewhere, and evolution has no real proof to suggest otherwise.
We came from our parents, jonboy and your misunderstanding about the theory of evolution only makes you look stupid.
worships reality

United States

#282903 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL
perfect analogy??? it was horrible. someone choosing to smoke is not choosing to kill another.
i do think however, that most pro lifers would want to illegalize shoving cigarettes in other's mouths and forcing them to smoke. that analogy reached a new low in analogies. did you suffer some traumatic brain injury that prevents you from recognizing what a good analogy really is?
worships reality

United States

#282904 Feb 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonnycakes is a fundie, facts and evidence are foreign to him and he "knows"that you're going to hell because you don't agree with him. He thinks met jesus 12 years ago. You can have a rAtional conversation with someone so closed minded and arrogant.
jonnycakes is full of you. you said so.
ooo-gaaa!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282905 Feb 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
perfect analogy??? it was horrible. someone choosing to smoke is not choosing to kill another.
i do think however, that most pro lifers would want to illegalize shoving cigarettes in other's mouths and forcing them to smoke. that analogy reached a new low in analogies. did you suffer some traumatic brain injury that prevents you from recognizing what a good analogy really is?
Of course it was perfect. You don't understand it, as evidenced by your above post.

Here: I'll dumb it down for ya.

AC asserts that to be Prochoice is to encourage abortion.

I am asserting if the same logic is applied to smoking (Prochoice for smoking), those who believe smoking should be a choice are encouraging it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282906 Feb 8, 2013
Would you fu**ing READ? I said kids AREN'T getting safe-sex info, or much of any sex ed, for that matter. And they ARE suffering for it.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think our schools are better off since safe sex is being taught?
Do you think kids are safer since?
From what I've seen, there are more stds today then ever.we know that there are way more abortions.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282907 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not read many post, I've never read your personal experience, and as far as some on here who call me a liar? I agree with them, I am, becouse I have lied before many many times, just not on this post, or atleast not willingly.
So you admit to lying in prior posts.

Like this lie: "You don't seem to mind crossing sassy and others civil liberties for standing up for what she believes."

And this lie: "plus you feel you have the same power to choose who lives or dies, while they are in a womans womb."
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282908 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would stand for my right to speak my mind, but I forget liberals only want free speech when folks are speaking what they like to hear.
Here's another example of you lying.^^^

Ocean made no mention of taking away your right to free speech.

None. There was nothing in her post about your right to free speech.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282909 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wonder what the die hard pro choice people think about the numbers of abortions being performed?
Many pro choice on here want to send a message, that it is ok to have as much sex as people want, and if pregnancy occurs "which is the only way to get pregnant ",then women should be able to stop the life that is inside them, for any reason whatsoever.
They say that one must back up claims with facts. Ok -it is a Fact that since Gods name and words have been taken out of school, and safe sex put in -there are more kids having sex at a much younger age then ever.
Not to mention the millions of babies who have died, so that people can enjoy the pleasures of sex, without any responsibilities that come with it.
It is kinda like enjoying a sports car, but never changing the oil.
It don't work very well very long.
Plus just like gays, they want everyone to think that most people agree with all that is going on in our country.
It appears the further north you go, the less you hear about God, but they are still there who believe Gods way is the best way.
You aren't paying attention. The number of annual abortions has decreased. That is a good thing.

You cannot claim anything with God in it is fact. It may be "fact" to you based on your belief/faith, but it is not fact for anyone who believes differently than you do.

Did you just make a blanket statement that "Many pro choice on here want to send a message, that it is ok to have as much sex as people want, and if pregnancy occurs "which is the only way to get pregnant ",then women should be able to stop the life that is inside them, for any reason whatsoever." ???

Have you not been paying attention to Ocean or those who've posted with her?

Have you never known of sperm to travel? That it is possible to get pregnant without penetration during heavy petting? By golly, there *have* been other "virgin births" in this world during your life time. Do you mean you've never read or heard about it on the news?

So, you do equate babies with embryos, then? Even though, as far as I know, you didn't answer STO's question asking same.

My goodness, clumsy is right, Gtown. You sound like a petulant child willing it to be true, then insisting it is. Whatever "it" is!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282910 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Would you fu**ing READ? I said kids AREN'T getting safe-sex info, or much of any sex ed, for that matter. And they ARE suffering for it.
<quoted text>
He thinks there are more stds and unintended pregnancies among teens because they are being taught how to avoid them.
Anonymous

United States

#282911 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, where have I judged you?
<quoted text>
There you go again, thinking you are the decider of who is going to hell and who is not.
<quoted text>
Then don't. Stay ignorant.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Well, that's basically what you do. You take a word like "Hebrews", change it's meaning, then say it fits into your religion of self-righteous bullshit.
I know you're kidding, but it just so happens your example is pretty much what you do when you're being serious.
<quoted text>
That is an out and out lie. I have never crossed sassy's or any other AC/PL's civil liberites.
In fact, I would fight for her right to say everything she says here.
<quoted text>
Another out and out LIE. WTF is wrong with you?
I don't have any fcking "power" to choose who lives or dies. I have no "power" over anyone's womb. W-T-H ??
Is this how you get thru life? Going around making baseless accusations, couching them in blatant LIES? I know you don't get away with it, unless the people you surround yourself with are comatose.
<quoted text>
You forget where you are, half the time.
<quoted text>
I would say all have fallen short. Nobody is perfect. I'm not here to judge anyone's sin and say this one's worse than that one.
Guess what, tho? They wouldn't ask because they know what the Bible indicates regarding specific sins. My friends here on this thread are way too smart to waste my time with stupid questions like that. If they had a question, I'm SURE it would be a helluva lot more in depth.
Sto -you may call me a liar all you wish, but realize this -you are the one that calls yourself a christian,and perhaps you are, but you attack others who call themself a christian, while being buddies, and agreeing with all that God calls unGodly.

They are not your friend, and if you tell them what God says, and that is what you believe, you will find out just what they think of you.

Christians tell others about Christ in different ways, maybe you remember the ones who ask Jesus if they could call fire down from Heaven and consume the others "who were not doing it their way ".

Jesus said -those who are not against me, are for me.

You like to walk the fence, claiming one thing while you act like you believe another.

There comes a time you must choose which side your on, becouse there will come a day when the wheat and the tares are seperated, and if you are a christian, you will have many wondering why YOU never told them.
Anonymous

United States

#282912 Feb 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg, you are a vile excuse for a human being. You think it's funny to joke about equality.
You're right feces for Jesus what was I thinking?!?!? Lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282913 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL
Thanks Katie!

You'll see how at least one poster couldn't challenge it and decided to read words that aren't there!

It's seems to be a AC trait on this thread.

I know there are some reasonable AC/PL out there, somewhere, but not this thread.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282914 Feb 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy apply to smokers as well as pregnant women. You didn't know that? Is your state not having a war on smokers just as other states are having a war on women's reproductive rights? My state, well my county specifically, is waging war against smokers. Damn near the only place one can smoke anymore is in their car. But not if there're kids in it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282915 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't paying attention. The number of annual abortions has decreased. That is a good thing.
You cannot claim anything with God in it is fact. It may be "fact" to you based on your belief/faith, but it is not fact for anyone who believes differently than you do.
Did you just make a blanket statement that "Many pro choice on here want to send a message, that it is ok to have as much sex as people want, and if pregnancy occurs "which is the only way to get pregnant ",then women should be able to stop the life that is inside them, for any reason whatsoever." ???
Have you not been paying attention to Ocean or those who've posted with her?
Have you never known of sperm to travel? That it is possible to get pregnant without penetration during heavy petting? By golly, there *have* been other "virgin births" in this world during your life time. Do you mean you've never read or heard about it on the news?
So, you do equate babies with embryos, then? Even though, as far as I know, you didn't answer STO's question asking same.
My goodness, clumsy is right, Gtown. You sound like a petulant child willing it to be true, then insisting it is. Whatever "it" is!
I've read some AC/PL folks on these threads who I thought were the epitome of self-righteous - like Chooselife and marysaid, but they got nuthin' on this numbnuts. At least their logic was based in Catholicism, which is something. Gtown bases his beliefs on one night, when he says he was saved, and now thinks whatever passing thought that wanders thru his head is inspired by God.
Anonymous

United States

#282916 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but a marriage does not "need" a captain. Nor does one "need" your version of Deity, and there are many that are great without any version of same.
One that will be worth its weight on paper does.
Who's in charge? The husband, the wife? Both? The kids?
What if factories had no one in charge?
Same as a home, someone must have the final say, and that choice should be made for the betterment of the family.

It is the only way it will work well, becouse men and women are different -other then physical.
When a husband and wife disagrees on a decision that must be made, then what does one do?

When there is a free for all anywhere, then you have a riot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,156,610
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,301
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 49,376
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,923
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
Advocating For A Glastonbury Poet Laureate Dec 26 i want that jon 1
Office Depot Closing Both Metro Hartford Locations Oct '14 West Coast OD emp... 2
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:10 pm PST