Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316355 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282459 Feb 6, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Intelligent people will be able to see that my prior post was about the senseless pro-choicers and their stupidity. Not about the person they keep being stupid about.
You're big on definitions. Can you define "dangling participle"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282460 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You are arguing about what gay men are like with a gay man. Do you not see the problem there? You have no practical knowledge about us. You make up crap--yes, crap--about us and our lives and portray it as fact.
There have been times in my life when being gay made for difficulties--not because I was gay but because I had to deal with know-nothing homophobes.
There's no free speech? So you deny the constitution? Fascinating.
I KNOW gay parents, and they are great with their kids. You clearly don't. All I have to do is open the paper to find heteros who should not be allowed to own a plant, much less have kids. BTW--those gays you denigrate are far more likely to adopt kids you straights refuse to, such as those above the age of 5, handicapped, those with medical issues, etc.
Do we get aides? Most of us can't afford personal assistants. If you mean AIDS, then some do, yes. So do heteros. In fact, only 5% of gay men are HIV+, and virtually no lesbians are. It's a non-issue. Adoption services examine both gay and straight applicants on the same criteria; they know if a couple is suitable far better than you ever could.
I personally don't give a damn what people think about me. But when you defame and distort us as a group and want to use lies to deny us rights, I do tend to get irritated. I have no intention of allowing yoyur stupidity and ignorance go unchallenged in a public forum.
<quoted text>
My aunt told me there was a lesbian couple who lived on her block, who adopted a little boy. She hadn't really had occasion to deal with gay folks, didn't think much of it, but said one day one of the ladies was on the roof messin' with something -- dish? whatever, trying to tell her partner what was going on, and that they were sorta bickering back and forth. My aunt laughed and said they sounded like every married couple she'd ever known. Was glad to see this little boy would be raised in a loving family.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282461 Feb 6, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I said in the post made following the one Bitner replied to.
Lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent people will be able to see that my prior post was about the senseless pro-choicers and their stupidity. Not about the person they keep being stupid about. "
Bitner just proved she's not one of the intelligent people. Funny stuff.
You are the person you keep talking about.

So, why do you think it's healthy for a grown woman, over 50, to condone a sexual relationship between a 15 yr old kid and a man who is in his 20s?

Do you really believe any 15 yr old is mature enough to handle it? I mean, the guy was clearly stunted, had issues, couldn't deal with his peers, if he was messin' around with a 15 yr old kid.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282462 Feb 6, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You're big on definitions. Can you define "dangling participle"?
Or misplaced modifier?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282463 Feb 6, 2013
There weren't "hospitals" until centuries after the time you claim, but there have been healers and doctors for centuries before. In fact, ancient temples were often places the sick were brought to for treatment. And WTF is a "lepard"?

Your revisionist history is hilarious. Healers have never confined themselves to the rich; many of the people the church declared witches were folk-medicine practitioners who were often the only medicl people in a region.
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>How many hospitals existed in Judeah and Roman prior to Christ? The sick were left to die. Christ and his Disciples cared for the sick and the lepards. How many schools existed for the common man prior to Christ? Only for nobles and the wealthy. Christ and his disciples preach and taught the common man. Two fairly powerful examples of his influence to improving our world.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282464 Feb 6, 2013
Now watch someone turn that into "lesbians are too busy arguing to raise kids..."
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt told me there was a lesbian couple who lived on her block, who adopted a little boy. She hadn't really had occasion to deal with gay folks, didn't think much of it, but said one day one of the ladies was on the roof messin' with something -- dish? whatever, trying to tell her partner what was going on, and that they were sorta bickering back and forth. My aunt laughed and said they sounded like every married couple she'd ever known. Was glad to see this little boy would be raised in a loving family.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282465 Feb 6, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>How many hospitals existed in Judeah and Roman prior to Christ? The sick were left to die. Christ and his Disciples cared for the sick and the lepards. How many schools existed for the common man prior to Christ? Only for nobles and the wealthy. Christ and his disciples preach and taught the common man. Two fairly powerful examples of his influence to improving our world.
Do you follow the news?
Would a benevolent Jesus argue against taxing the rich to help the needy?
Why are Jews liberals and Christians are Tea-baggers?
I'll bet you are a tea-bagger.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#282466 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong I do appreciate it.
I don't mind at all when the pot calls the kettle black.
I don't mind others pointing out my sin, while ignoring their own.
Then calling me self rightous.
Katie, as I've stated earlier, most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal.
If they were to believe, or even think they may believe that abortion is wrong, then they have to face the reality of it all.
I remember just a week or so, before I was saved, how I and most go through life, like a cat in a litter box.
I no longer wanted to cover up this, or take care of that. I wanted a life changing event to take place, and I got one! What still shocks me, almost 13 years later, is the fact that it happened, and the fact that it was a God "I didn't believe in ", that did it.
You musta missed the post where I said I don't much like the idea of abortion. I don't know of anyone who actually *likes* the idea of abortion.

Are you comprehending this? If so, then you must realize "...most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal," is a crock of sh*t spoken by someone who has nothing more than a surface opinion without any knowledge behind it to back it up.

What I have that you don't, aside from a willingness to learn, is personal experience on top of hundreds of hours of research. What I know that you don't is that induced and spontaneous abortions are no different. Each is pregnancy ending prior to term. That's it.

All the emotional phrases and outdated "sources" used by you folks is only highlighting your own ignorance. Ignorance begins to borderline stupidity when presented facts go ignored in favor of emotional manipulation.

You want to see women manipulated right out of their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy? Because what I see happening are some old men gathering the masses. They've lied and tricked them into believing ridiculous claims with little bases in fact. They've created a mob mentality, called it religious, and try to allow that mob to rule and steal other people's civil rights through the legislation and election processes.

Do you know what else is covered under the civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy aside from abortion?

Well, do ya?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#282467 Feb 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the person you keep talking about.
Wrong. I don't talk about myself.

You're the people who keep talking about her life. When you make the posts about her TO me, I'll respond if I know that what you PCers post doesn't make sense, or has been already been proven to be a lie.

You're an ignorant buffoon if you think that's not a fact.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#282468 Feb 6, 2013
STO, when you PCers make lying posts about her and claim it's about me, that's when I tell you to prove your claims.

When you can't prove it's about me, I tell you to prove you're not lying about her.

It's you people making it all about her here.

You can try to say my posts are about her, but intelligent people know my posts are about you people and the lies you post.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#282469 Feb 6, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow the news?
Would a benevolent Jesus argue against taxing the rich to help the needy?
Why are Jews liberals and Christians are Tea-baggers?
I'll bet you are a tea-bagger.
Jesus, in today society would take care of all of us, at least spiritually, because that is all he is concern with, the salvation of our souls.
The Jewish faith tends to be more liberal because they fear the enormous size of the Christian Religions as a whole and the Catholic Religion speicifically. Christianity is considered conservative because if it's position's on abortion, and now gay marriage, positions it has held for over 2 centuries.
The Teaparty is a small conservative group within the Republican party and I am not a member.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282470 Feb 6, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
STO, when you PCers make lying posts about her and claim it's about me, that's when I tell you to prove your claims.
When you can't prove it's about me, I tell you to prove you're not lying about her.
It's you people making it all about her here.
You can try to say my posts are about her, but intelligent people know my posts are about you people and the lies you post.
You are her. What? Is it a miraculous coincidence you post exactly like her? ExACTly?

C'mon, ol' girl. Who do you think you're foolin'?

Anyway, don't you think a woman of 50+ would know better than to condone a sexual relationship between a 15 yr old kid and man who is in his 20s? Do you think that 15 yr old is mature enough to deal with it? Don't you think a 20 yr old has some major issues if he's fcking a 15 yr old kid?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282471 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Yeah Knutter. And that's not a bad thing, since Judaism discourages converts. We dont WANT your kind converting. Feel free to stay on the crazy side of the dogma fence.
Judaism does not "discourage" anything of the such.

Do you know anything about your religion? Well, other than your googling to copy and paste to *act* like you have a clue,that is.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282472 Feb 6, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are also many other women who DON'T regret having an abortion. I know you don't like admitting this is true, but it is.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
There are two kinda of women who "DON'T regret having an abortion". One is a woman who is still living in denial(coping mechanism) and the other is a spiritually /emotionally dead one.
The rest....do. MANY have found healing and forgiveness from God for killing their child. He then, restores them back to sanity. I happen to know a few.The pain of the memory on that very dreadful day(of the abortion ) never really leave them or acknowledging how old their child *would have been*.

Sad.

I pray for those women on that link who are struggling with their sanity. If you were pro-woman, you'd join me.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282473 Feb 6, 2013
Hey sjm, did you catch my post to you and Katie?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Was hoping to get your feedback. Katie responded.

Right after that post I had one with a question to AC/PL and one to PC.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282474 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I reject your version of g-d because I'm Jewish and I actually believe in my faith.
<quoted text> ROFLMAO You didn't prove anything you moron.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO There were no people AROUND before you moron! Using YOUR "logic" Adam & Eve effectively invented sin, then taught it to their children. From there, free will took over.
<quoted text>
No, he was taught by his parents how to SIN - stop adding your own words to what I say.
He was born pure, not stupid.
Obviously the first mommy and daddy were pretty terrible role models.
<quoted text>
LOL Its always fun to watch you compound your ignorance with pure stupidity.
You never answered my question. You said that your daughter or gf didn't believe in original sin. Why then, were they Baptised "twice".

If your daughter has a baby will she Baptise her newborn?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282475 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like his claim that he was a "g-d hating athiest", yet Athiest's DONT hate G-d....
The boy is a moron.
I'd like to introduce you to a poster named Chicky.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282476 Feb 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely JM. Not too sure about this Gtown character, though.
:p
Show me one post where I ever said that STO was going to hell.

kthanks.

Must you always be dishonest?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#282477 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The artifacts I mentioned were cntemporary to the people hey depict. NOTHING was written or created about jesus while he was supposedly living; nothing appeared for over a century after that time. They used to claim the writings of josephus (still 50 years afterward) were evidence, but those have been determined to be forgeries written much later.
I mentioned divinity because that is what believers represent him as. Whether or not he was divine is not the ussue since you can't prove his existence.
<quoted text>
So now the paradigm changes. Now we need writing or artifacts actually in existence at the time of person was living to verify the existence of same! You will continue to promote the arguement regardless of what is said, because it is your belief, he didn't exist. Quite Frankly the mere fact many seek to disprove his existence, dispite the writing of prophets in the Old Testament and those in the New is a testament to the impact the man had on the world and on society today. You can deny his existence, you can challenge his divinity. That is what is great about this country, we actually can disagree and have the freedom to express that disagreement. Quick question, Do you believe in any form of diety?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#282478 Feb 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier for him to tell me I'm going to hell. They always do.
I'm a Christian, and I've never told anyone they are going to hell. How would I know? Oh wait! I shoulda asked Gtown or sjm. They're in the know, ya know.
You supposedly dread the bible. You clearly then know that God speaks about what sins will deny someone eternity in heaven with him. As a "christian", dont you want to warn your friends? Are you ashamed to talk about Jesus and his love for us? Dont you want to lead people to him? How would they know about his mercy if you refuse to speak about it? You have no problem with spending endless hours fighting with other Christians about abortion "supposedly " not being in the bible though.

Your Mom aborted and I do understand your loyalty to her but God comes first. If you truly loved your Mom you'd stop fighting for what she did by attempting to mock God. You pray for her that she'd receive forgiveness for killing whom God willed to exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,581,821
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) 6 hr Warning 44
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
News While Somers writes, her representatives work 21 hr Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages