Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#281382 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You are directly contradicting yourself. Read your post, please. You wrote that being baptized is considered being born-again by Catholics. But, it's a moot point, anyway. It doesn't really matter to you born-again Christians, does it? Infant baptism isn't a born-again experience, according to you. Therefore, Catholics are not eligible for entrance into God's kingdom. They and Orthodox Christians aren't "saved." Everyone but "born-again" Christians are doomed. Yikes!
I'm not contradicting. I stated that some catholics call getting their babies baptized as they are born again.

I don't believe a newborn can be, nor needs to be born again. One must first cross over Gods line.(Age of accountability).
Some people will Never reach this age.
Some are born and live their life and die, and you wonder just how much they did know?

I believe I've stated before that many "christians disagree with me)

I should always speak the truth "with love ". The truth is easy, but speaking it in love can be hard.

Since I was saved at home,I try to know Gods way, through prayer and His word.
Since there are clearly many many denominations that claim they are christ centered, and that they hold the truth to life, yet they are all different in "their " belief.

They cannot all be right.

Some things are just no big deal.
paint the church pink or blue? Doesn't really matter.

Move the church 6" to the left or right? Doesn't really matter.

How soneones soul is saved, and to whom recieves the Glory? DOES MATTER.

Ok :)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#281383 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not contradicting. I stated that some catholics call getting their babies baptized as they are born again.
I don't believe a newborn can be, nor needs to be born again. One must first cross over Gods line.(Age of accountability).
Some people will Never reach this age.
Some are born and live their life and die, and you wonder just how much they did know?
I believe I've stated before that many "christians disagree with me)
I should always speak the truth "with love ". The truth is easy, but speaking it in love can be hard.
Since I was saved at home,I try to know Gods way, through prayer and His word.
Since there are clearly many many denominations that claim they are christ centered, and that they hold the truth to life, yet they are all different in "their " belief.
They cannot all be right.
Some things are just no big deal.
paint the church pink or blue? Doesn't really matter.
Move the church 6" to the left or right? Doesn't really matter.
How soneones soul is saved, and to whom recieves the Glory? DOES MATTER.
Ok :)
No matter in what spirit you say it, you still believe that only Christians who follow your particular philosophy of Christianity will enter Heaven. Sugar-coat it, twist it, spin it any way you can, you believe Catholics will go to Hell, unless they get born-again. Don't be a mealy-mouth; say it like it is. You say you admire a straight-shooter. Be one.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281384 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
"She wouldn't be able to prove she didn't make the whole thing up in the 1st place."
Neither can you disprove it.
So it all boils down to who is more credible to whom. And, since by the time you got to the front of the line G-d was all out of credibility to hand you some, we know who to believe and who not to believe.
Anyone who has to hide behind multiple screen names isn't credible at all.
Exactly CD.

Its well known she and I emailed regularly throughout 2007, and if I was just making shit up, I would have posted phony emails to begin with. Since the mods KNOW that she's the same OP that posted here as Lynne D, they haven't banned me - or anyone ELSE that calls her Lynne, since they know her identity too.

Since I dont want to be banned, and I was told SPECIFICALLY by the mods that I would have to have her (Lynne/Lily's) permission to post the emails, I've not posted them - because Lynne is too much of a coward to give that permission.

She can claim all she wants that they would be a lie, but she ALSO knows she has ZERO credibility here, and that more would believe me than her.

At this point, the mails aren't even needed. She's buried herself SO deep with her incessent lies about her identity, that nobody takes her seriously anyway.

Lynnie/Lily is a joke, and nothing more. But hey, she LIKES it that way! LOL!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281386 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Becouse of the comment you made to guppy, as if I were them complimenting myself.
Caregivers have my respect! Well except for the gay ones. Lol (just kidding):)
What a complete asshat you are.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281387 Feb 1, 2013
This may be the only time I've been accused of being closeted.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Guess you didn't read far enough back or haven't been here as long as you claim. You're stereotyping gay men.
??

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#281388 Feb 1, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I'm gone a few months with work and school, and here you are, still nursing those whole Tom Cruise delusions.
Work and school? I didn't realize you needed education to flip burgers.

You must be raking in the bucks with all that overtime you're working. What's your paycheck up to,$1.98 a week?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281389 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told by a gay (hairdresser) guy that 90% of their life revolves around sex. You can't raise kids and have sex all day too. Gay guys should not be allowed to adopt.
........psssssst.......the "gay hairdresser" was likely messing with you dear. He (if "he" actually exists) lied to you.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#281390 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly CD.
Its well known she and I emailed regularly throughout 2007, and if I was just making shit up, I would have posted phony emails to begin with. Since the mods KNOW that she's the same OP that posted here as Lynne D, they haven't banned me - or anyone ELSE that calls her Lynne, since they know her identity too.
Since I dont want to be banned, and I was told SPECIFICALLY by the mods that I would have to have her (Lynne/Lily's) permission to post the emails, I've not posted them - because Lynne is too much of a coward to give that permission.
She can claim all she wants that they would be a lie, but she ALSO knows she has ZERO credibility here, and that more would believe me than her.
At this point, the mails aren't even needed. She's buried herself SO deep with her incessent lies about her identity, that nobody takes her seriously anyway.
Lynnie/Lily is a joke, and nothing more. But hey, she LIKES it that way! LOL!
Very true Foo. One observation I have to make, is that her "hostility" has taken a new direction and has had an infusion of the equivalent to the "Energizer Bunny" syndrome.

I really love it when she calls everyone who disagrees with her a "bonehead." She's so passe that she fails to realize that's what really gives her away.

“back for a limited time”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281391 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Work and school? I didn't realize you needed education to flip burgers.
You must be raking in the bucks with all that overtime you're working. What's your paycheck up to,$1.98 a week?
I'm going for another degree, wanna make somethin' of it? I didn't think you did.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281392 Feb 1, 2013
I know straight guys who make the same claim. Do all straight guys' lives center around sex? There's also the probability that he was kidding.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told by a gay (hairdresser) guy that 90% of their life revolves around sex. You can't raise kids and have sex all day too. Gay guys should not be allowed to adopt.

“back for a limited time”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#281393 Feb 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
She's so passe that she fails to realize that's what really gives her away.
Oh, no more so than this whole Top Gun nonsense you like to spout. Shit, the closest you ever came to the Gulf was a freakin' Gulf gas station.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281394 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>From what I've seen the majority of the time is ....messed up parents = messed up kids.
Where have I ever denied the downs of mothering((sleepless nights, feeling overwhelmed, etc..)?. I think that many have issues within their own lives or with their poorly chosen spouses and the kids get the rap for it.
Some are(like Oceans story) just selfish and self-centered to begin with. They need to grow up with or without kids involved.
Don't tell me about walking in others shoes. Ive been through enough in my life...thank you. Difference is, I have a God who loves me and got me through my hard times BECAUSE I asked him for help. I am not a person who gives up because I had two strong God loving parents who showed me that "with God all things are possible" . When I needed help, strength, guidance , etc.....I knew God would help and he did.
Now, I am sorry for those who don't know this loving God either by choice or ignorance. I don't know how they live through their struggles.
"From what I've seen the majority of the time is ....messed up parents = messed up kids."

And from what I've seen a lot of decent parents have dealt with messed up kids.

"Where have I ever denied the downs of mothering((sleepless nights, feeling overwhelmed, etc..)?"

Women on here can't seem to discuss the "downs of mothering" without you declaring them "whinney" (your spelling) and "selfish", among other things.

"I think that many have issues within their own lives or with their poorly chosen spouses and the kids get the rap for it."

In some cases, but not all cases. Some kids are very difficult, whether you want to believe that or not.

"Some are(like Oceans story) just selfish and self-centered to begin with."

No, she brings up reality and you jump on her for being "selfish and self-centered". That makes my point right there.

"Ive been through enough in my life...thank you."

Then try having some compassion instead of being so judgmental and self-righteous.

"Now, I am sorry for those who don't know this loving God either by choice or ignorance. I don't know how they live through their struggles."

Well don't feel sorry for me just because I don't believe in your mythology or follow your religion. I depend on myself and my husband, and that works fine for me.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281395 Feb 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
This may be the only time I've been accused of being closeted.
<quoted text>
OUT OUT Damn Spot! There will be NO closeting in THIS forum! LOL!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281396 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>She said "I haven't been on HERE".
What is with you people not understanding the written word?.
Umm..she was too sick with the flu and pneumonia to post on this thread but was still posting away on another thread? That makes no sense. Stop thinking with your ass. It was a lame attempt to cover the fact that she was lying and being a hypocrite.
Gtown71

United States

#281397 Feb 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No matter in what spirit you say it, you still believe that only Christians who follow your particular philosophy of Christianity will enter Heaven. Sugar-coat it, twist it, spin it any way you can, you believe Catholics will go to Hell, unless they get born-again. Don't be a mealy-mouth; say it like it is. You say you admire a straight-shooter. Be one.
I'm not trying to do what pro choice folks do, and have always said the same thing. The bible says (Jesus speaking) ye must be born again. I've never waivered from that yet.

It doesn't matter if people claim to be catholic, baptist, jewish, morman, or a moron. They must be born again.

If someone has a " personal "relationship with Jesus christ, then they have been born again. If someone can remember any time in their life, when they met God, and they had a change within themselves, then they have been born again.

Is all who claim to be catholic going to heaven? It would be crazy to think so, but not all who claim to be catholic are even catholic.
It goes the same the other way, will all catholics go to hell "as you suggested I said " it would be equaly crazy to say that as well.

There are many groups /denominations /religions /or clubs that claim they are the only ones going to heaven.

Church of christ is one of these groups. I was a member of the coc from bitth till age 9, but what I'm saying is, it has nothing to do with salvation, as far as what "church " you belong to.. it is a deal between you and God. Period.

It has alot to do, with how one grows and learns and believes, as to what "church " they go to, but that's all.

People can worship different ways, but if they know not whom they worship, it is in vain .

Is that straight enough for you? L, but not outloud.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281398 Feb 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Night Eternity: "Foo was candid and admitted that years ago she was an addict, but she got sober and straightened up her life."
1. Once an addict, always an addict.
2. Foo has not recovered. She is currently a "dry drunk." She transferred her evil addictive personality to the most defenseless human beings: those in the womb. Her new coping mechanism is "controlling" the lives of innocents - to death. THEY are her target now.
Your God's 10 Commandments includes one specifically against adultery but there isn't one against drug addiction. Chew on that for awhile.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281399 Feb 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, now this jerk wants to claim he knows about how other people love one another? You, who are nothing more than a cheating scumbag do not get to decide what love is, and you certainly do not get to judge other peoples relationships or feelings.
I've had it with this farking arsehole. You're worse than those you judge, jonnycakes. Now go suck on that phallus like pipe dream of eternal life some more. Revel in your delusions!!!!!
He's good at pontificating...you gotta give him that much.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281400 Feb 1, 2013
Usually, I get the "you're a gay man and have no right to comment about abortion" riff.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
OUT OUT Damn Spot! There will be NO closeting in THIS forum! LOL!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281401 Feb 1, 2013
Pinki 09768192902 wrote:
Cal me for sex
Talk to Gtown.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#281402 Feb 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
This may be the only time I've been accused of being closeted.
<quoted text>
Heh!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Incognito4Ever 1,278,293
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Mothra 54,601
tennis 🎾 for kids 8 hr Tats 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Gas Woman 70,161
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr I hate taggers 20,108
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Wed carolb38 51
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Aug 31 DCF_cooker 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages