Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314357 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#281264 Feb 1, 2013
GOOD MORNING OCEAN, MAY YOUR DAY BE WELL!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#281265 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
Tell us more stories about whinny women who HATE being a mom.
Nobody has a perfectct life but honestly i for one HATE to hear about women who complain.Grow up and seek help if your so damn miserable. The women claim they are selfish. Oh well..too freakin bad. Dontwant your kids...don't conceive them and if you have and still don't want them.....give them to a family who does.
Personally, I couldn't care LESS what you hate to hear.

From all I have read from anti-choice morons, the anti-choice crowd would prefer that every girl and woman believe that motherhood is their ONLY "real purpose" in life and that it is some kind of walk in the park. Well, too bad for you. I have no intention of indulging your fantasy claims.

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#281266 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus -God is very looong suffering with His children, but if He ever does take one home "which is rare "I believe He does it in a way that others know it.
The only man I have even heard about this happening to "and noone truly knows if ",is a guy that got saved, lived for the Lord for years, doing many great things, but also got back into the world. A few years later a man I know "preacher " went to talk to him. The guy c "came back ",and again did great things, but AGAIN he went back to the world. Again Ray went to talk to him. He said yea I know God has really been whipping my butt, and has let me know I best straighten up, or He will bring me home.
A few months later, and the guy still not straightning out, he fell off of a ladder and died.
Now that's nothing new, but he didn't die from the fall, since he was only a few feet up. He died when a rose bush stem drove through his chest and through his heart.
This like any story about God must be taken by faith. Eph 2:8-9 says how we are saved.
Wow what a parable that would make. Died from rose bush through the heart for being disobedient to the lord.
Gtown71

United States

#281267 Feb 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the story doesn't make sense to YOU.
You can try to discredit the woman's story all you want, Inky. It doesn't change the fact that quite a few mothers DO regret having their children. That is a glaring contradiction to the anti-choice claim that "mothers never regret having their children."
Ok ocean, I read the first story, and the woman never wanted kids to start with.
Plus she was 42 when she got pregnant from a 2 month relationship with a drunk phsyco.
She stated that she left him and found out later that she was pregnant, but earlier she stated that he was very abusive to her "while she was pregnant ".

I realize that doesn't mean they were together but not a good look to her story.

The main point and 90% of her story is Not about her feelings on motherhood, it is about her crazy baby daddy.

Although she does mention her flat stomach going away, and having to spend money on baby needs and food"which like sassy says, IS VERY SELFISH OF HER ".

She was 42, so her stomach was heading south soon anyway. Some women always have a sagging stomach.

Looks will fade.

She was wore out with her ex, and contributed it to being a mom.
She's very shallow "making mention on how all other babies look like fat marshmellows "

As sassy says -she needs to Grow up! Lol

She also needs to be thankful for what she has.
I've already agreed with you about how "some " moms do regret becomming moms, but it still isn't the norm.

She could have had an abortion, being she was 42 years old pregnant from a two month affair with a drunk crazy mans baby "that she CLAIMS she had already left ".

Now she must have wanted to have the baby.
She has the baby, so she needs to grow up and raise it.

You can NEVER truly give, without giving up something.
Gtown71

United States

#281268 Feb 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What YOU think is "normal" is irrelevant, G. The FACT remains that many women DO regret becoming mothers, despite the false anti-choice claim that "mothers never regret having their children." As anyone reading one or more of these stories can quickly see, that claim is so NOT TRUE.
Yes I agree "some " mothers do.
Still not the norm.

I would even go so far to say all mothers may question having a baby, becouse it does change your life!

I believe most like me though don't question it very long, and get on with loving that baby!:)
Gtown71

United States

#281269 Feb 1, 2013
Well I just seen where a young man was sentenced to a year in jail, for mutilating and killing a Saint Bernard puppy.

Now as horrible as that is "and it is!!! " I still don't feel the guy should've even been arrested for doing to a puppy, what you can legally pay a doctor to do to a human baby.
Gtown71

United States

#281270 Feb 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow what a parable that would make. Died from rose bush through the heart for being disobedient to the lord.
I geuss it would, and may be. Idk, and when it comes to those things no one does. I know alot of preachers that said God sunk new orleans becouse of all the sin, but again God brings His judgement on His children first.

I do know of a man who I took care of before he died.
He was saved in the late 60' s, but also started playing his guitar in the honky tonks, and he told me that God told him to stop, and get back in church, and /or use his tallent for His (Gods) Glory.

He refused, and told me how he knew the very momment the press came down and took his right hand off, that it was God.

He also said that it was one of the greatest things to happen to him, becouse he was going down a bad road.

Things that seem crazy to us, makes sense to God, and visa versa.

Most don't like the God of the bible, and that's why they reject Him.
As much as they think I'm arrogant for knowing Gods will, they are even more so by thinking they know Gods will and they hate it!

It still amazes me, that a over 12 years ago I met this God, becouse before I would've NEVER been talking about God with anyone for any reason.
Ocean56

AOL

#281271 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
Tell us more stories about whinny women who HATE being a mom.
Just for you, sASSy, I decided to mix it up today, and post quotes from women who are happy NOT to be moms. Here are three of them.

Grateful says:

November 30, 2011 at 8:11 am

I just want to say “thank you” to all of the women on this site that have been brutally honest about what motherhood is like. It was a shock to take a look at reality and not what the media is always portraying motherhood to be. I have been “on the fence”, so to speak, for some time about whether or not to have a child. Your honesty has helped me decide to NOT have children.

Me says:

December 4, 2011 at 5:33 am

OMG dear ladies, after reading all the above I realize how happy I am to have no kids. never wanted them thou. Sending patience and strength your way.

no-babies-for-me says:

December 4, 2011 at 11:15 am

thank you everyone for all your stories. i am 24 and have never wanted or thought about having kids. i use all the protection i need so i dont have a mistake or accident. my ex tried hiding my birth control pills so i would get pregnant because he’s a little older and wanted a baby, i broke up with him and kicked him out. also i didn't have good role models in my life, my mom was on birth control when she got pregnant with me and so she obviously didn't want me, she was never around when i was growing up and my dad left when i was 5. im sorry for everyone who is going through so much crap for these brats. giving up your life sucks. and honestly i am too selfish and love doing what i want when i want without having to drag around a baby. i get angry when i see parents dragging their kids (especially if they have more than 1)around in public with them and the kids are acting bad or yelling and crying.

so thank you for all the words of encouragement and knowing how it really is to be a parent.
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281273 Feb 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for you, sASSy, I decided to mix it up today, and post quotes from women who are happy NOT to be moms. Here are three of them.
Grateful says:
November 30, 2011 at 8:11 am
I just want to say “thank you” to all of the women on this site that have been brutally honest about what motherhood is like. It was a shock to take a look at reality and not what the media is always portraying motherhood to be. I have been “on the fence”, so to speak, for some time about whether or not to have a child. Your honesty has helped me decide to NOT have children.
Me says:
December 4, 2011 at 5:33 am
OMG dear ladies, after reading all the above I realize how happy I am to have no kids. never wanted them thou. Sending patience and strength your way.
no-babies-for-me says:
December 4, 2011 at 11:15 am
thank you everyone for all your stories. i am 24 and have never wanted or thought about having kids. i use all the protection i need so i dont have a mistake or accident. my ex tried hiding my birth control pills so i would get pregnant because he’s a little older and wanted a baby, i broke up with him and kicked him out. also i didn't have good role models in my life, my mom was on birth control when she got pregnant with me and so she obviously didn't want me, she was never around when i was growing up and my dad left when i was 5. im sorry for everyone who is going through so much crap for these brats. giving up your life sucks. and honestly i am too selfish and love doing what i want when i want without having to drag around a baby. i get angry when i see parents dragging their kids (especially if they have more than 1)around in public with them and the kids are acting bad or yelling and crying.
so thank you for all the words of encouragement and knowing how it really is to be a parent.
Why not choose to abort yourself?
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#281274 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Your an atheist.Foo *claims* her gf and daughter are still Christian.
Good to see that your lack of education shines through each time you use the wrong "your".
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281275 Feb 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I couldn't care LESS what you hate to hear.
From all I have read from anti-choice morons, the anti-choice crowd would prefer that every girl and woman believe that motherhood is their ONLY "real purpose" in life and that it is some kind of walk in the park. Well, too bad for you. I have no intention of indulging your fantasy claims.
Since you insist on referring to those who are of the belief that you are killing an innocent baby as anti-choice, I will refer to you as anti-life. Words mean things, and your deliberate twisting of the terminology to bring the negative connotation to the debate is cowardly. Terming the phraseology in a way that makes you feel better and justify the actions of the abortionist in a softer way does not change the reality of the action. When their work is complete, a human life has been terminated, and you celebrate it. Since Roe v Wade, your "softer" portrayal of what abortion is has ended the life of over 54 million children, an accomplishment that only the likes of Hitler, Mao, or Stalin would take satisfaction in. That number is still larger then the 40 million plus who were post birth aborted by these devils. Even your president voted to insure that a baby that survived the procedure to kill it would land in a trash can to die, rather then any intervention to save it. So according to you, people who value life are morons?
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#281276 Feb 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to church makes a person a child of God, like sitting in a garage makes a person a car.

Satan knows the truth, and uses men to start new denominations all the time.
Can you prove any of this?
Gtown71

United States

#281277 Feb 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you insist on referring to those who are of the belief that you are killing an innocent baby as anti-choice, I will refer to you as anti-life. Words mean things, and your deliberate twisting of the terminology to bring the negative connotation to the debate is cowardly. Terming the phraseology in a way that makes you feel better and justify the actions of the abortionist in a softer way does not change the reality of the action. When their work is complete, a human life has been terminated, and you celebrate it. Since Roe v Wade, your "softer" portrayal of what abortion is has ended the life of over 54 million children, an accomplishment that only the likes of Hitler, Mao, or Stalin would take satisfaction in. That number is still larger then the 40 million plus who were post birth aborted by these devils. Even your president voted to insure that a baby that survived the procedure to kill it would land in a trash can to die, rather then any intervention to save it. So according to you, people who value life are morons?
It is just my opinion, but Well Said on the truth of abortion and our prez.
He did exactly what you say he did, but watch as the anti lifer's twist the words to, as you say "soften ' what he truly meant.

I think he meant what he said and said what he meant.

I would put "undo stress " on a woman who went to get an abortion, so it would "punish " her, to send her home with a baby she didn't want.

No matter how small the baby is, abortion is still the stoping of a tiny heart.
Ocean56

AOL

#281278 Feb 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
The "point" of this stupid reply was...WHAT, exactly?
Ocean56

AOL

#281279 Feb 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Since you insist on referring to those who are of the belief that you are killing an innocent baby as anti-choice, I will refer to you as anti-life. Words mean things, and your deliberate twisting of the terminology to bring the negative connotation to the debate is cowardly.
You can refer to me any way you want, Sparky, since I don't waste my time worrying what anti-choice extremists think of me. However, it doesn't change the fact that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and there are many women who are happy NOT to be moms. Don't like that fact? Too bleeping bad.

I think it's safe to say that women who never want to be mothers use reliable contraception to AVOID the unwanted outcome of pregnancy. The problem for them is that NO contraceptive is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so birth control can and DOES fail occasionally. When it does, it is EACH woman's decision what to do about a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.

Personally, I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, the idea of ever being pregnant again SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

#281280 Feb 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
None of the three quotes I posted said anything about abortion, "genius." You do know what happens when you ass-u-me, don't you?
Gtown71

United States

#281281 Feb 1, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove any of this?
Yes!
Christian does Not mean "christlike ",since you can never be like christ, but they should walk and talk different then the rest of the world, so how many churches do you know where all there act different then the rest of the world?

As far as satan dividing and confusing Gods people,well that's just what he does.

Some preach all times on being water baptized, and how that washes away your sins.

Some preach on speaking in tounges, as a sign one is a child of God.

Others lay hands on you.

Some say abc repeat after me and your saved.

All can use the bible to back up their beliefs. "Out of context ".

Joseph smith says an angel gave him golden plates "that have never been seen ",yet started what is now a large powerful church, of mormans.

Even if an angel did give him golden plates, it still is not of God.

The bible says -if any man demon or angel preach to you any other gospel, then that of God, then let them be accursed.

The gospel is that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin -lived a perfect life -died on the cross for ALL our sins, and rose again on the third day,and is now sitting at the right hand of God, where He ever liveth to be our savior.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281282 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find that people (on here) are receptive to what you have to say?
Who cares whether or not a bunch of PC boneheads are receptive to what we post?

Do you think the people posting are the only ones reading here, and would only agree with the ignorant PC buffoons? Most of us happened here gogglng for abortion forums, and this thread is always at the top of the list in this forum. If you believe only ther people posting her read this thread, you must also believe you people are the center of the universe, fool.

That or, maybe you think the way you do because you didn't just happen upon this thread, but have been here all along, under another PC name. You PC are the first to accuse of that type of thing, yet are the ones who do it. I don't believe for one second that Pbfa, Chicky, Ladilulu, Moncie et al who aren't posting under those names right now aren't still here, especially when "new" PC posters go right after the same PLers with the same personal attacks as PC do, as soon as they begin posting.

You people realy are stupid. You don't have the intelligence to see what you really tell us, through what you think you're saying to us.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281283 Feb 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the proof of your emails. But hey, if you lied in the emails, that's on you dear.
<quoted text>
***sighs*** Since I never said either one had a "right" to do so, your point is both moot and stupid as usual.
<quoted text>
No I haven't, you're lying as usual Lynniekins.
LOL
<quoted text>
Really? Says who?
ROFLMAO Mutual abuse doesn't have to be physical AT ALL you moron.
Balance of your stupidty has been deleted because its a waste of bandwith.
Liar. You're all bullshit, and no proof.

I already stated that mutual abuse could be verbal or physical, so you're not telling me what I don't already know.

Your statement that "Mutual abuse doesn't have to be physical..." says ALL there needs to be said about what you know and don't know. You're saying Lynne did NOT punch the guy who punched her, which means, for the unintelligent; the "abuse" was NOT "mutual" because he punched her.

Whatever she may or may not have said was probably either standing up for herself, OR wasn't anything that would cause a NORMAL person to react abusively. I also keep in mind she was a TEEN at the time. Your problem is you think you're normal, when in fact you're abusive yourself, and have admitted to feeling like you'd want to punch people just because of things they SAY. Normal people do not react that way, or think that way.

If a woman, or in this case a teen, is just standing up for herself, it's NOT abusive. If a woman/teen is just asking a question, it's not abusive. If a woman/teen LEFT an abuser after being physically abused just ONCE, that's STRENGTH and displays self-respect. Anytime a woman leaves and abuser is STRENGTH and self-respect, because it proves she knows she's worthy of better.

You claim to work in battered women's shelters and then to turn around and post the utter bullshit lies you post about an abused teen. That not only displays you're a liar about working with battered women because your posts about abuse belie your claims about working with abused women, but proves you're not normal. You're an abuser making excuses for other abusers. It's not rocket science to recognize that.

You have no knowledge or proof of what went on in her life, and all you do have is your own bullshit lies about it, to try to justify your own senseless justifications as to your attacks on her. You've posted to me that she deserved it or she lied about it.

You're a mess, and the intelligent people here see through your bullshit.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#281284 Feb 1, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Effect.
;)
What do you mean "when you turn 50"?. You are already 50 ya old geezer.
I'm not interested in winning lotteries. I think too much money changes people for the worse.
Me? I like smaller scale winnings are best suited for me. I see to do well in that area.
Why do you make up stuff and then put it in quotation marks, purporting that it's something you're quoting from someone else, when all in all, it's your statement?

I said, I'm looking to close my practice and retire at 50. I didn't say "when [I] turn 50" ya dweeb.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

If you lie about that; what's stopping you from lying about other things; like wishing your daughter dead if she had an abortion??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Reality Check 1,536,423
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mooooooo 63,621
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Disturbed 20,924
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 18 hr Boob Power 7
News Police Deny Foul Play -- Courant.com (Jul '07) Fri Anonymous 23
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... May 25 Gremlin 7
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) May 24 AIPAC mohels 13

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages