Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312798 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280828 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?? Where are you coming up with this garbage from?
What do you mean?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280829 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to here that about him,and sorry for what the man did.
That seems to be the thing govenors do as they leave their post, and I'm not sure why or how they have such power.
Haily Barbor, who just left ms let a lifer go free, after only a few months in prison. It seems the inmate was a "worker " at mr. Barbers place.
He was in prison for killing his wife, in front of their daughter.
Some bills, laws, or acts do need passing.
I also realize it is not the norm for a 8 month pregnant woman to abort, but are you saying the mike H flat out lied about it, or could it happen if this bill is passed?
As far as us swallowing whatever gets pumped our way, that is true, but on both sides.
Ocean acts as if she wants young women to be informed of All their choices and info about abortion and pregnancy, but it is clear to see how she handles any who oppose her view.
I am saying Mike Huckabee, along with the majority of PLM leaders, get creative about their "interpretation" of what they read and believe regarding Roe v Wade and bills pushing for varying restrictions that have nothing to do with women's health or any benefit thereof.

I did not hear Huckabee's take on the bill going forward in NY. I read your take on his take. That's second-hand info twice removed. Not good to stake any credibility anywhere here, imo.

I read the bill myself. It's as I said, it's removing what's become bad law based on obsolescence. NY is moving forward while a lot of other states move backward.

It is federally illegal to abort a viable fetus without just cause. Just cause only includes women's life and health in danger. Health in danger does mean her mental health and it usually pertains to those women who suffer from psychosis while pregnant, not your average stress and depression that you mentioned yesterday. It is very rare that a viable fetus is aborted. Usually when it does happen, it happens on a wanted fetus, where something went horribly wrong.

America is not a country where it forces its pregnant women to die in duty to the state just on the off chance her fetus outlives her. Leaving out the exception of life and health would America a country that does force pregnant women to die. Is that what you want? Really?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280830 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Silly question! I want to see Ray Lewis take another Super Bowl, and Joe Flacco take his first. For such a "young" team (relatively speaking) they're damn good!
Ray Lewis is a criminal.

Ray Lewis is a thug.

Your idol.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280831 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Sue and I certainly aren't saints. We're just two people that actually WANT to do what so many profess to want - to find a middle ground to work out from to help our communities and the women that need help in them.
What are YOU actively doing to help YOUR community? Besides acting like a jerk on a messageboard that is?
How are you helping your community by running your mouth on here? Hmm?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280832 Jan 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Troll Alert!
Oh Elise - grow up. Is it that difficult to understand that different people have different thoughts? We can't all be right. I know you try, dear, but it's not working for you.
Have a saintly day.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280833 Jan 30, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what a hypocthetical is, nitwit. It's PC that doesn't know the definitions of anything and can't read for comprehension when definitions are provided.
An answer to a hypothetical question requires the person answering to have intelligence (you lost there), factual information (you lost), SENSE (again you lost) and good judgment (no change, you still lost). Your opinions are based on the same, all of the things required to make informed and sound opinions, you don't have what it takes.
You don't have what it takes to answer a hypothetical question in such a way as to not make your self look mind bogglingly uninformed and ignorant.
Katie: "I meant the hypothetical question stemmed from the conversation regarding legal instance fetus becomes baby."
"At birth" means expulsion of the human life. Always has meant that, always will mean that. Your first mistake was in ignorantly thinking and believing it could be at first breath and cord cut.
Aren't you tired of this crap, Triple L?

Believe what you want. I will do the same.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280834 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Two! good marriages in a row? When is the third? Maybe you should quit while you are ahead.
Two! men who could deal with your bitterness! Whoa! They be saints...
You are a tough cookie.
Who wears the pants? Let me guess.
LOL, you're the bitter one. And clueless.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280835 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?
She's referring to your lies about me.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280836 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are bitter, clearly.
As for me, I remarried over 9 1/2 years after my first husband died. You may want to watch those assumptions, they're making an ass out of you.
I think it's K&P, Bit.
Not worth your time, y'know?

:)
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280837 Jan 30, 2013
85% of all abortions were performed on unmarried women.

Protestants 37%
Catholics 28%

I guess Jewish people don't get abortions.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280838 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you're the bitter one. And clueless.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm trying my best. That is all I can do.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280839 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She's referring to your lies about me.
Are you calling me a liar?

I'm so ashamed.

Sorry.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#280841 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Elise - grow up. Is it that difficult to understand that different people have different thoughts? We can't all be right. I know you try, dear, but it's not working for you.
Have a saintly day.
Why are you making up crap about Bitner's life? If it bothers you to be called a troll, don't act like one. Stop lying and trying to bait people.

Location hidden

#280842 Jan 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you tired of this crap, Triple L?
Believe what you want. I will do the same.
That's exactly what I say. It's an impossibility for LLL. She MUST be right, even when she's not. It's a compulsion. Poor woman, it's gotta be hard to live like that.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280844 Jan 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly what I say. It's an impossibility for LLL. She MUST be right, even when she's not. It's a compulsion. Poor woman, it's gotta be hard to live like that.
It's gotta be difficult, I agree.
What I'll probably not understand is how she can type out all the ad homs, hit send, and think she has a leg to stand on. Where is her self-respect? smh
worships reality

United States

#280845 Jan 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you making up crap about Bitner's life? If it bothers you to be called a troll, don't act like one. Stop lying and trying to bait people.
you don't know bitner from a hole in the ground so stop trying to pretend you know this crap is made up. there's a reason she spends half of her 55,000 posts explaining how she's not really angry and bitter.

Location hidden

#280846 Jan 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gotta be difficult, I agree.
What I'll probably not understand is how she can type out all the ad homs, hit send, and think she has a leg to stand on. Where is her self-respect? smh
That's when her compulsive disorder is apparent. She can't stop herself and she has to keep going, rationalizing and over-explaining. It's a vicious circle for these unfortunate folks.
Elise is a phony

New York, NY

#280847 Jan 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly what I say. It's an impossibility for LLL. She MUST be right, even when she's not. It's a compulsion. Poor woman, it's gotta be hard to live like that.
Spare us the "poor woman" charade. You have no more sympathy for her than you do a dead fetus in a medical waste bin you angry old wrinkly curmudgeon.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280848 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you know? Good guess. My husband found a bimbo that he liked more than me. I am not bimboish. As it turns out, the bimbo has a heart of gold etc and my kids liked her more than me. Actually, I am glad she took them off my hands. Damn kids. Never liked them anyway.
FYI - Social workers do everything in their power to return the kid to it's parent/s. Meaning, that is the best solution for all. KIDS WANT THEIR MOM AND DAD. Period end of story. If you say otherwise, you are either a liar or a fool or both.
Lady, you're far worse than a liar and a fool; you're a scorned woman, maybe even a psychopath. NO ONE should trust, or believe anything you say.

If the "bimbo" took your kids' love away from you, then you didn't deserve your kids to begin with.

And from you bringing up social workers, it's axiomatic DCF took your kids away.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#280849 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
85% of all abortions were performed on unmarried women.
Protestants 37%
Catholics 28%
I guess Jewish people don't get abortions.
Pop quiz: 37 + 28 =
a) 65
b) 75
c) 85

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Aquarius-wy 1,459,245
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 50 min Proud American 20,707
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 56 min Brian_G 7,945
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 71,236
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,336
Beware of This Company-Andrews Oil Company, The... (Oct '11) Tue BLOODSEED 11
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Tue myspace 12

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages