Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311145 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280709 Jan 29, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was in my teens when my parents started dating again. I wasn't worried about their love lives at all. That was their business. Even in my teens, I loathed drama, and all I wanted for my parents, as well as those around me, was to be happy. My parents did the best they could for my sister and I, I saw how happy they became after they divorced and they gave me no reason to give them grief for going on with their lives.
<quoted text>
There's a high percentage of divorce even for 1st marriages. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get married. If you love someone and you decide to commit, go for it. Unfortunately, as time goes by, life takes folks on different paths. Even with the best intentions to try to make things work, sometimes it's best to go separate ways, accept that it was a chapter in your life, learn from it and move on with life.:o)
So true.
Sounds like everyone was quite mature about the whole thing.
You had good parents.
Gtown71

United States

#280710 Jan 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"In fact, one could argue that its G-d's will, for if your g-d didn't want that tiny soul, he wouldn't take it, yes or no?"
Couldn't this same thing be said about all deaths?
Yes it could and is.

It is not Gods will that any human soul perish, not even foo foo.

Yet all who die without God will.

He (people) who hath the son hath life, he (people) that don't have the son of God, hath not life.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280711 Jan 29, 2013
Is little bunny foo-foo a woman?

Tough broad.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280712 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix69 wrote:
Jesus please whack me off!! Feel up my man boobs!
jesus should whack you upside the head.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#280713 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May be a shock, but you're wrong.
Millions of people take this seriously, since I've not said anything about this that wasn't talked about today on the mike huckabee show.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! !!!!

The next best thing to Jerry Springer! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
You may word it the way you wish, but all this is, is a way for a woman to have an abortion at her will.
Only VERY Stupid people actually believe that nonsense. But then that's all the extremist right has as its followers - stupid people.

The intelligent extremists are making their money off feeding this kind of crap to you idiot. Even THEY know better, but they know your kind doesn't.

Location hidden

#280714 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it could and is.
It is not Gods will that any human soul perish, not even foo foo.
Yet all who die without God will.
He (people) who hath the son hath life, he (people) that don't have the son of God, hath not life.
ROFLMAO! What a crock of shit.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280715 Jan 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Child labor laws preceded WWII while the phrase "To be seen and not heard" was still taught as a show of good manners.
Oh? OK.

Location hidden

#280716 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more vile spew, from a vile woman.
Feel free to refute ANY of it dear.

Oh wait, you can't.

Carry on ya phony.

Location hidden

#280717 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Tough broad.
Yes actually I am. So are ALL of us that fight for our collective right to make our own medical decisions.

My daughters mommy really DOES wear combat boots LOL! And I got mine IN the military! <<wink>>
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280718 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
She's an idiot Elise. If she only knew that I personally know another woman who was raised by a step mother and her biological father. This woman always saw her step-mother as her only mother.
Get out! You know one other person who was raised by a step mother? Wonders never cease.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#280719 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Tough broad.
Yes she is, and while her and I disagree on this issue she has as much right to fight for what she believes in as you or I do.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280720 Jan 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you have no experience. You're speculating without knowledge.
What is your proof that "most" stepparents aren't good? Life isn't a Disney movie, you know.
You have no clue what you are talking about.
Why so bitter?

True, I have no life experience and I am speculating like crazy.

Proof? It's called listening, reading and seeing. Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father. Not some bimbo the father found at the local bar. I feel for these kids who end up with a stranger for a step parent. Doesn't work.

Did you have a bitter divorce? Is that it?

Disney movie? Don't get the connection.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280721 Jan 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she is, and while her and I disagree on this issue she has as much right to fight for what she believes in as you or I do.
For sure!

Why all the name calling?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#280722 Jan 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes actually I am. So are ALL of us that fight for our collective right to make our own medical decisions.
My daughters mommy really DOES wear combat boots LOL! And I got mine IN the military! <<wink>>
I totally understand.

Combat boots? Hmmm. Doesn't sound very comfortable.

<<Wink>>
Gtown71

United States

#280723 Jan 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes actually I am. So are ALL of us that fight for our collective right to make our own medical decisions.
Did you mean to say your christian daughters?

Location hidden

#280724 Jan 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue, you and I confuzzle folks here. We HONESTLY disagree, yet still manage to have respect for each other. Go figure. LOL

Can you log in? I've been wanting to PM you. Or email me at [email protected] if you get a minute?

Location hidden

#280725 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure!
Why all the name calling?
Where did Sue call anyone names?

If you mean me, I dont suffer fools like Gtown. I call a liar a liar.

Location hidden

#280726 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand.
Combat boots? Hmmm. Doesn't sound very comfortable.
<<Wink>>
LOL You'd be surprised. I got those suckers worn in well! <<grin>>
Gtown71

United States

#280727 Jan 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Sue call anyone names?
If you mean me, I dont suffer fools like Gtown. I call a liar a liar.
Yes we know I'm the only one you call a liar or names :)
Gtown71

United States

#280728 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were 9 or ten you worried about your parents love life? That was very mature of you.
Yes, it worked out very well for you, but that's not usually the case.
High percentage of divorce for second marriages.
Very true, and most kids would tell you, they are not so in love with seeing their parents with soneone else, after seeing tbeir parents together their whole life.

Divore is just another thing made cheap and easy for many law makers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min leosnana 1,382,689
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 38 min Sunshine 20,282
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 59,464
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 15 hr Ken Burke 135
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr Ize Found 70,600
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... Mon Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) Mon JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages