Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279605 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
...but a woman feeling she had no choice.
Yes, rightfully, abortion is legal now. A woman no longer needs to feel she has no choice. Where a pregnancy is welcomed or rejected based on circumstances, not out of fear or abuse.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#279606 Jan 24, 2013
"lil Lily"
You people are so ignorant.

looking in that mirror again lynne?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279607 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "I have not claimed baby was still a fetus for 48hrs. I have claimed it takes the newborn (brain) to awaken after delivery, after being in the equivalent of anesthesia during its development."
Prove that claim. My babies were very awake and alert UPON delivery, as were my grandchildren. Their brains weren't exhibiting any "anesthesia" like effects.
You've also claimed that your opinion is that it's still a fetus until cord is cut and first breath is taken, which is also based on your own unsubstantiated bullshit.
I've linked it more than once, we've had this conversation before. An alert baby at birth doesn't alter the newborn brain spending the first 48hrs following delivery getting itself up and running properly. You can Google just as easy as anyone else can. Just because you repeat your demands like an old skipped record doesn't mean I'm gonna dance.

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#279608 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly. She chose abortion out of FEAR.
I also said that's still going on, and abortion being legal didn't address that root issue, did it?
Your link proves that point. You all can claim no one's forced to abort in this country, but that's bullshit. MANY are forced, out of fear of being killed. Either way, someone dies. Legal abortion isn't the solution to that problem. So using Gerri as the poster woman for why abortion should remain legal is irrational and it's exploiting her.
Her chances of being alive today would be greater if legal abortion had been an option for her. Yes?

What exactly do you think might be a solution?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279609 Jan 24, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
She was trying to save her life. Do you think much has changed?
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500202_162-675945...
Killing her baby in utero was going to save her? Sounds like her friends and lover didnt care enough about her. They could've saved her, her unborn child and her other children.

Two are dead (out of fear) and hubby took custody of her children.

GREAT story ending.

@@

But let's keep this exploitation going for ones own agenda. Abortion. Had she aborted and gotten pregnant again,well, keep killing.?.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279610 Jan 24, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Her chances of being alive today would be greater if legal abortion had been an option for her. Yes?
What exactly do you think might be a solution?
She aborted out of fear that he'd find out she was with another man...pregnant or not. She chose to sleep with another man and take the risk but suddenly had to kill her unborn baby because he would have found out? If he was that psycho, she would have feared him and probably got harmed or killed.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279611 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you need it answered before you accept it's the answer? The restrictions tie in with fetal development and viability. What don't you get? Do you want abortions done on women two days prior to their due dates? Sure seems like for as many times you bring it up.
I don't need to *get* anything. You people claim to support a womans "medical choice"...and want her to be able to choose what she will regarding her pregnancy...yet...you really do not. It is a lie.

You're antichoice like me. You don't want her having a choice. You want to FORCE her to gestate.

Own it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279612 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, rightfully, abortion is legal now. A woman no longer needs to feel she has no choice. Where a pregnancy is welcomed or rejected based on circumstances, not out of fear or abuse.
Many women still abort today out of fear , desperation, etc....

What has making abortion legal done to change that?

Women still die. Women are scarred emotionally and physically.
Her baby always dies.
The woman kills her conscience and is left to bear the guilt of her crime against humaniity.

Yeah...we've come a LONG way baaaaaby!.@@
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279613 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all pro life people do think it is good to show the pics of dead "babies ",but that is a completely different deal, and only left up to pro life folks.
This is why - pro life people view the unborn as a child, but pro choice people do not.
So in other words, the pro choice folks show degrading pics of adult women who died frim their choices.
They then say pro life folks do the same thing, by showing pics of dead "tissue " "wads " or whatever the call the child.
It is another double standard to say the unborn is NOT a baby, yet pics of an unborn child "IS " a baby.
Daily, when i turn on my tv, i am exposed to tortured , unloved animals. Then, starving children with agony in their eyes who are living on streets.

It upsets me and my family.

NOBODY wants to *see* this. Unfortunately the truth HAS to be shown and exposed in order to get help and change

Gerris picture is used for an agenda and that is abortion. Her family and friends failed her. Killing her child was not going to help this woman.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279614 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Gerri feared her husband would take her children, so she chose to risk death so he wouldn't find out she was pregnant with another man's child.
You think THAT's not still happening these days as well, whether the woman is pregnant with her husband's child or someone else's? Legal abortion does NOTHING to address those reasons, and is the very reason Gerri made the choice she made.
This man would have eventually found out that she was seeing another man. I'm sure she knew that.

Many women and young girls abort out of fear(being abused by bf/husband/parents as well as the threat of being thrown on the street all alone with a newborn) I've dealt with those kind many times in my CPC and at abortion clinics. That's choice? No. It's a desperate girl who panics.

Ok, so the girl "safely" kills her baby and back into the cycle...left with the consequences.

Who cares as long as abortion is legal.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279615 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, some of us already incorporated all that info where it became part of the big picture.
Women had very limited civil rights prior to Roe v Wade. Women DID FEAR their husbands (even after separating from them). Women DID FEAR choosing an abortion would mean death because these weren't safe, regulated, medical procedures. But that the abortion was *still* determined to be the right decision for that individual pregnant woman meant it literally was life or death.
Thank goodness for legal abortion. Since it's performed earlier and earlier, American women won't have to be subjected to those archaic FEARS anymore.
Even if this Gerri didnt get pregnant, he'd most likely have found out. So, her life would have been in jeopardy. She made her choice to sleep with her lover anyway, knowing he'd find out.

At the time, she committed an ILLEGAL act. And she died, her baby died and her other kids ended up wliving in abuse with their father.

Sounds selfish to me.

It STILL goes on today.....abuse....forced or feared abortions....sleeping around.....going into abusive relationships.....women dying during abortions.....babies killed during abortions....women./men making bad choices.....
Gtown71

United States

#279616 Jan 24, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Daily, when i turn on my tv, i am exposed to tortured , unloved animals. Then, starving children with agony in their eyes who are living on streets.
It upsets me and my family.
NOBODY wants to *see* this. Unfortunately the truth HAS to be shown and exposed in order to get help and change
Gerris picture is used for an agenda and that is abortion. Her family and friends failed her. Killing her child was not going to help this woman.
The main reason they show the pic is to try and get sympathy for "their cause ".

This is why prochoice people show pics of aborted "babies ".

Both are effective, but the pro choice people shouldn't have a problem with the baby pics, if they truly believe the unborn are no more then medical waste.

They know when the women going into the abortion clinic will see the pics are pics of babies, and not just alittle tissue removed.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279617 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry No Relevance, I did my time in the Army back in the 80's. Now I'll stand at the front lines of women's right to CHOOSE.
And be as successful at doing THAT too! <<grin>>
Oh no you don't "stand at fhe front lines of a woamns right to choose" if you want her abortion choices restricted.

You are antichoice like the rest of us. You only want her to have choices when YOU think she should.

You're a fraud. Youre death as choi e when YOU want to allow her.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279618 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The main reason they show the pic is to try and get sympathy for "their cause ".
This is why prochoice people show pics of aborted "babies ".
Both are effective, but the pro choice people shouldn't have a problem with the baby pics, if they truly believe the unborn are no more then medical waste.
They know when the women going into the abortion clinic will see the pics are pics of babies, and not just alittle tissue removed.
Yep. I have had girls and guys (going in for abortions)s come up to view both the before abortion( as the baby looks at different stages of life) and after the abortion. They are usually shocked at both.

I remember back when that man showed Clinton an aborted baby in a jar. The country went nuts at the horror. Then to cover up the horror of zeeing this tiny baby, the proaborts started the lies of all sortsn(one of them that the guy threw it in Clintons face).

Medical waste supposedly caused such an uproar. More like the TRUTH did.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279619 Jan 24, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I don't need to *get* anything. You people claim to support a womans "medical choice"...and want her to be able to choose what she will regarding her pregnancy...yet...you really do not. It is a lie.
You're antichoice like me. You don't want her having a choice. You want to FORCE her to gestate.
Own it.
It's only a lie in your head. Roe v Wade clearly states a woman has sole discretion of determining her pregnancy the first trimester.

It also states following the first trimester, the states may add their own restrictions. These restrictions are usually based on fetal development and viability.

All per Roe v Wade.

Where, exactly, is the lie here?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#279620 Jan 24, 2013
Hey y'all

I have another inane idea to pose to you PCers:

The next time you get in a heated agrument with your child/ren and you just want the agrument to end, you should say:

"I am sick and tired of agruing with you. You got a real bad attitude lately! You little brat, you're lucky to be here ya know...that's right...I could have aborted you if I had wanted too. Don't roll your eyes...we women have the right and the power to abort whoever we want and I could very easily have aborted you. Just remember that! Now go to your room!"
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#279621 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not giving lessons on spelling (NOT grammar)@@ Gtown. You say so much stupid shit, I could picture that you might think a "wade" was referencing Roe V Wade.
I could give you lessons in grammar, as I was an English major, but I'd never try to lesson in spelling. I've always been a "creative" speller as my mom used to say. Its one of the reasons I sell books and dont write 'em.
ON that subject however, I will comment that you write SO poorly, it feeds the stereotype that extremists like yourself are uneducated dolts. Its difficult to take someone seriously that can't be bothered to at write or speak properly.
Carlsbad schools are thinking of adding the bible to their
curriculum.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#279622 Jan 24, 2013
Let's presume for argument's sake that the fetus has the same rights as born people. Wouldn't that mean it doesn't have the right to use someone's body against their will? After all, such a thing would be counted as slavery.

I find it interesting in a disturbing way, how quickly the "prolife" side willingly compromises the civil rights of females.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#279623 Jan 24, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Hey y'all
The next time you get in a heated agrument with your child/ren and you just want the agrument to end, you should say:
"I am sick and tired of agruing with you. You got a real bad attitude lately! You little brat, you're lucky to be here ya know...that's right...I could have aborted you if I had wanted too. Don't roll your eyes...we women have the right and the power to abort whoever we want and I could very easily have aborted you. Just remember that! Now go to your room!"
Why would anyone say such a thing?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279624 Jan 24, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Hey y'all
You're right, that was inane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Earthling-1 53,047
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,224,102
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,801
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit 9 hr Vinvin 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Chuck 19,892
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! Sun manny 2
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... Sun weatherfieldguy112 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]