Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316236 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279424 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this means working to remove your civil right to bear arms. It's involving semi-automatic weapons. We don't have a right to bear semi-automatic weapons.
Unlike you who IS working to remove women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
Hypocrite.
"Unlike you who IS working" - wrong, im on here debating, not trying to remove rights

dude, really? when she says "watch as we take away your murder weapons!".......you dont think she wants guns banned?

"It's involving semi-automatic weapons." - lady, do you REALLY want to ban all semi autos??? in know you're a big liberal whose afraid of ownign a gun but here's the deal, MOST guns are semi-auto.........that would mean the only legal guns would be shotguns (which are profoundly lethal) & REVOLVERS that only hold 6 shots..........you want that?
Gtown71

United States

#279425 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not giving lessons on spelling (NOT grammar)@@ Gtown. You say so much stupid shit, I could picture that you might think a "wade" was referencing Roe V Wade.
I could give you lessons in grammar, as I was an English major, but I'd never try to lesson in spelling. I've always been a "creative" speller as my mom used to say. Its one of the reasons I sell books and dont write 'em.
ON that subject however, I will comment that you write SO poorly, it feeds the stereotype that extremists like yourself are uneducated dolts. Its difficult to take someone seriously that can't be bothered to at write or speak properly.
Im not giving lessons on spelling (not granmer)???

Plus your last statement.
To write at or ........??

If someone is going to be so "to the point " on spelling or granmer, then don't you think they should be atleast correct, when correcting others?

In other news, they are lifting a ban on women in combat, and I geuss you think this to is a good place for women?

As if they can handle the same work and training requirements as men?

This country is being turned upside down.

It is all in how you word things.
Hillary Clinton proved that today, when being questioned about Bengazzi.

With her or her husband, you must be able to breakdown each word spoken.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279426 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this means working to remove your civil right to bear arms. It's involving semi-automatic weapons. We don't have a right to bear semi-automatic weapons.
Unlike you who IS working to remove women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
Hypocrite.
LMAO. The idiot just proved that is exactly what I was saying all along.

I think SeattleNumbNut00's issue with gun control is that he knows he is exactly the kind of loony that would NEVER quality to own a gun. Which is the point of gun control. Weeding out the NUTS with GUNS. Removing the guns that these crazy bastards use to kill en masse.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279427 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't about how "nuts like you can believe it isn't a person until birth". It's about how our laws are applied to a ZEF before and after birth.
After a complete birth, baby has personhood and civil rights. I don't make up the rules. So my opinion of it doesn't matter one iota. You wanna talk about it to someone, and create some involvement through conversation, talk to someone else. I am not interested in this.
"After a complete birth, baby has personhood and civil rights" - so, om....you're saying that in a state where PBA is legal, if a woman wwants to bash her newborns head in BEFORE its fully birthed, that is okay with you and LEGAL??? dumbass

"my opinion of it doesn't matter one iota." - WRONG, in fact if your rediculous opinons didnt matter you wouldnt be DEBATING on a website where people DEBATE things..........think much? besides, i asked

"talk to someone else. I am not interested in this" - grrrr....boy, LISTEN here, if you believe 100 percent that personhood begins right AFTER birth completes, then stand by that.....tell me that you think its NOT a person when it's 75% birthed.....

>waiting.....

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#279428 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Unless there's a group where Mensa stands for Moronic, Egotistical, Narcissistic, Sanctimonious, Asshats.
That group would be right up your alley, Toots. Yours and the other PC boneheads in here.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279429 Jan 23, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have every right to believe as you do. By the same token, prolifers have the right to believe as they do. People had the right to fight for R v W, and people have the right to fight to get it overturned. This IS a great country.
Yes and white supremeists can fight against racial equality, and homophobes can fight against equal rights for gays, but it doesn't mean a thing.

Roe v Wade is here to stay. FORTY YEARS would be proof to a NORMAL person.
Gtown71

United States

#279431 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet no such thing happened yesterday. There was one a few months ago, but nobody actually knows what happened at all. HIPAA laws and all that.
Of course privacy laws doesn't apply when your kind want to lie about something.....
<quoted text>
Most would say religous extremists. You think it was better for women to die like her? Better for women to be FORCED to gestate, being sent away, often kept under lock and key, then having their babies often LITERALLY stolen from them after birth?
<quoted text> Given she was afraid for her life, perhaps not.
But go ahead and dismiss all that these women felt. Its what you do best.
<quoted text>
You are a VERY stupid man. Her FAMILY ARE THE ONES THAT PUT IT OUT THERE, as they dont ever want the same thing to happen to any other women OR for assholes like you to ever have a say in their CHOICES.
<quoted text>
AGAIN....you're a moron to even TRY to compare such things to women making a CONSTITUTIONALLY GIVEN RIGHT TO THEIR OWN MEDICAL CHOICES. And lets not forget the FREE WILL G-d gave her as well.
<quoted text>
You're not only stupid, you're insane.
<quoted text>
That would be because it IS a woman's right you fkin dolt!
<quoted text>
What rights is he trying to take away? The "right" to own assult weapons? Sorry stinky, that's not in the Constitution. The "right" to own 30 - 50 - 100 round magazines? Nope, that's not there either.
Again, MORONIC comparison. But we're considering the source.
Again -No one forced the woman to seek an abortion in some shady motel.

If they did, it would've been considered murder.

God gave her free will to do as she pleased.
She chose to go to a motel and get an abortion.

Her choices led to her death.

Her death was very sad, but not the fault of those who are pro life.

Unless you think like you, then it is our fault.
In your mind it is always someone elses fault "and never think of accountability.

If a homeless guy freezes to death, becouse ge chooses to stay out and drink booze untill 2 am, when the shelter "thay he could have stayed in " locks the doors at 10 pm -who's fault is it?

The shelters?
The homeless mans?
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279432 Jan 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely couldn't believe he made that claim. That was idiotic even for a fundie.
Did you see where he denied making that claim? He is a lying fundie, too.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279433 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO!
If there really was a Hell it would just be full of faux-Christians anyway so the Knut better get ready to service her master Lucifer...for eternity...bwahahahahaha! I hope Lucifer likes hags.
Incredibly stupid hags.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279434 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I think the boy was either 8 or 6. I can't recall, but the father let the boy shoot the gun and when he pulled the trigger he lost control, the gun went up and blew his head off.
If we don't let kids drive, drink, smoke until a certain age then we shouldn't let little kids handle/shoot guns.
I would go with that rather than a full out ban.
fair enough

"disagree" with abortion, then what would you like to see done about it?" ---------- om, the Bill Cosby'ish route, promote responsibility & (shocker) strong MORALS........of course there will always be sleeping around & abortion but teaching kids morals, waiting till marriage & making it UNcool to sleep around would be a start.......tho, that's like proposing to use a car to stop a locomotive, but at least it will slow it down

yet you're AGAINSt teaching kids to wait till marriage....yet you wouldnt want your own kids sleeping around.......isnt that hypocritical?
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279435 Jan 23, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ummm, yeah, uh, genius, that's because there was no such thing as guns when man invented god. SMH"
SeattleVehix44<quoted text> "yes there were guns in Christs time, STOOPID"
"SeattleVehix44<quoted text> "LIAR, i NEVER said there were firearms in Jesus' time........how stupid are you?
PROVE ME WRONG..........;)"
Whaaat? Lying in the name of jesus?? Imagine that.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279436 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, snap! Lol
Yeah, I am thinking poor StupidVehix44 drinks a little too much!
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279437 Jan 23, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>That person is still a person, and given respect, you would throw the body in the dumpster, caring people wouldn't. That child who died being born, or before being born is the Image and Likeness of God and you showing disrespect is disrespecting God.
Nonsensical gibberish. Please seek help for your delusions and disordered thinking.
Gtown71

United States

#279438 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, I'm so sorry it bothers you that people bring up women's rights, all the time. How very horrible for you.
It don't bother me, it is the fact that the only rights he brings up, and defends are those of his voter base.

If his voter base believes in such and such -well that is the way he is going to go.
At the same time, he and his railed mitt R for doing the same thing, when he was running for the great office of tbe president of the US
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279439 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the RCC.
http://coloradoindependent.com/126808/in-malp...
In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people
Oh my! How very inconvenient.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279440 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Easy.
Seattle..."yes there were guns in Christs time, STOOPID"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
MOON, shhhhhooosh! Im playing a game with crazy Chicky, im making her go back & WORK for it, the way she did with me (just like she's gonna lie, saying "i never MEANT what i said!"...yea).........but you RUINED it if she sees ur post, thanks a lot, yea ur def. not on the top of my list right now

btw there WERE guns in Christs time, there werent "firearms" IF you get my drift..........they were called "wolf-hair guns", ask me about it laterr, i have extensive notes
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279441 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we KNOW you're never going to part of Mensa. Unless there's a group where Mensa stands for Moronic, Egotistical, Narcissistic, Sanctimonious, Asshats.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA......

Best Post of the Month!

I started to answer LynneDs senseless crap post but thought, "Nah, I'm sure Foo's got this." You got it, alright.

LMAO.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279443 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"After a complete birth, baby has personhood and civil rights" - so, om....you're saying that in a state where PBA is legal, if a woman wwants to bash her newborns head in BEFORE its fully birthed, that is okay with you and LEGAL??? dumbass
"my opinion of it doesn't matter one iota." - WRONG, in fact if your rediculous opinons didnt matter you wouldnt be DEBATING on a website where people DEBATE things..........think much? besides, i asked
"talk to someone else. I am not interested in this" - grrrr....boy, LISTEN here, if you believe 100 percent that personhood begins right AFTER birth completes, then stand by that.....tell me that you think its NOT a person when it's 75% birthed.....
>waiting.....
You must have missed the news. Even the catholic cult agrees, no birth, no person. DO try to keep up.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#279444 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
MOON, shhhhhooosh! Im playing a game with crazy Chicky, im making her go back & WORK for it, the way she did with me (just like she's gonna lie, saying "i never MEANT what i said!"...yea).........but you RUINED it if she sees ur post, thanks a lot, yea ur def. not on the top of my list right now
btw there WERE guns in Christs time, there werent "firearms" IF you get my drift..........they were called "wolf-hair guns", ask me about it laterr, i have extensive notes
Yeah, uh huh. You meant to do that. Sure ya did, pee wee. You just got caught lying.
Gtown71

United States

#279445 Jan 23, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
What happened to Gerri Santoro is tragic and sad. No one would dispute that. Was it because legal abortion wasn't available to her. Absolutely not. It was because she feared for her life if her husband found out she was pregnant by another man. That woman needed protection from her husband for herself and her children, NOT an abortion.
Had she been protected, she likely would not have made the choice to abort.
Using a photo of her NAKED, DEAD body with ass in the air for all to see, to try to support any argument about abortion needing to remain legal is just an example of exploitation of a woman who obviosuly did not give her permission to be displayed that way.
Well said!

I did not even read her story.
I seen the pic, and closed it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Libtardimus Maximus 1,579,148
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) 57 min Tex- 1,668
josie torres makeup was born a man & is a ts 13 hr What 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon America 21,045
News Moody's Warns State Budget Gridlock Could Make ... Aug 13 BPT 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Aug 8 Master Brain 63,942
Pro Boxing at Mohegan Sun - 10/05 Aug 8 JRotonda 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages