Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311338 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#279304 Jan 23, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Gtown, when women miscarry, they (the pregnant woman) often refer to it as a blood clot, tissue, a ball of tissue. "Went to the ER around 9 after passing a ball of tissue". What is your point? So what IF in fact doctors call it a blob, hell the mothers don't always refer to it as having lost a baby.
Yes women sometimes miscarry ,and yes they tell the doctor I think I passed "it " or I passed a wade of???.

My point is, it is still a baby no matter what it is called.

Left alone chances are the human baby will grow and grow.

My main point is planned parenthood -don't plan ANYTHING but the death of the wade, fetus, baby,????.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#279306 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can only 'choose' to a point. Why do you think that you can't 'choose' to do what you want with your own body after 24 weeks?
In some states there are no restrictions, so a woman can get an LTA if she wants one.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#279307 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU! finally someone sees my clear & basic logic
i dont get it....does she think that cops & security guards DONT deter any crime?
I don't know what to think with that one. She's kinda wacky. In the very same posts in which she acknowledges that something IS a deterrent in certain cases, she then proceeds to say it is not a deterrent. She's all over the place.
Ocean56

AOL

#279308 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
My main point is planned parenthood -don't plan ANYTHING but the death of the wade, fetus, baby,????.
Again, that is NONSENSE. I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.

The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me. Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.

I strongly suggest that teens avoid all types of sexual activity with partners while in middle or high school because even WITH the use of birth control and condoms, unwanted pregnancy is still a possibility. Must protection always be used if for any reason a teen girl or guy decides to have sex? ABSOLUTELY, and EVERY time too. Is that protection a GUARANTEE a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. All birth control methods can and do fail occasionally. When BC fails and a pregnancy results, it is still the girl's/woman's decision whether to continue it or not.

Location hidden

#279309 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I never did understand why it's wrong to mention accomplishments one has worked hard for, and is proud of.
Maybe the people who complain about "bragging" don't HAVE any. Sour grapes, perhaps?
Yep.

Location hidden

#279311 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Because SCOTUS determined that the states can, if they choose, place limits after a certain point in the pregnancy.
You DO realize that not all states do, right? And that in those that do, the choice is STILL the woman's under various conditions, right?
And WHAT has that to do with the point anyway, Witless? RvW can hardly be considered "Sharia Law".
She just busts in on a discussion without caring what it's about. Compulsive chick, there.

“Game on !”

nyc

#279312 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Word salad is a psychological term. "Hater" is a slang term.
That's fabulous.

Your assignment is to look them up.
And yours is to get me a nurse story. Stat.

Location hidden

#279313 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The convenience. The lack of risk to the mother's health.
The lack of lost wages. The lack of morning sickness. The lack of emotional attachment if you do decide to pull the plug. No having getting rid of the 'baby fat'. No discomfort to the woman at all not even labor pains.
I think you should be the first to do it. Enjoy, weirdo.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279314 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Pp don't have to show better results -they get their money anyway.
Pp cares only for the position they hold, and the money to keep flowing in.
Even if women feel they should have abortions, then they should atleast be held accountable to pay for "their " own abortion.
There are illegal abortions happening now, and are just as safe as the legal ones.
When laws validate our behaviors, it makes us feel better about what we do.
The more people that say it is ok, the better we feel.
"There are illegal abortions happening now, and are just as safe as the legal ones."

What does this mean?

“Game on !”

nyc

#279315 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see here. My morals do not impact anyone's else's decisions regarding their pregnancies,
We know. So what ? I was just asking what your personal view was.
Why are you so afraid of that ?
I'm more curious that you don't already know the answer to this question based on the answers to other questions I've recently given.
The answers to other questions you've given have been all over the place. I don't think you know what you believe.
Again, it doesn't matter. It's not my pregnancy, not my decision.
My position doesn't matter either but I'm not afraid to say what it is. Why are you ?
Gtown71

United States

#279316 Jan 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. The fact remains that there are women who DO have deep regrets about becoming mothers and wish they had their old life back. The one they had BEFORE they got pregnant. Here is one such story, and I've read many others like it.
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/694465/I...
I hate motherhood
Jan. 11, 2008 at 1:10am
by Beba2m
"Why is it that we are conned into thinking that motherhood is a blissful, satisfying, and rewarding blessing? I attend a mothers group for young mothers and the other day one of the social workers asked..."Who hates being a mom?" Everyone looked at each other as if they were afraid of the question and that admitting to it is a mortal sin. My hand shot up. After a year of being a mother I can't hate it more. It just prevents me being truly happy. I know some women out there have invested time and money into having a child and think its the most glorious and officious thing in the world. But I think that from little girls we are brain washed into thinking that being a mother is what our duty is. Its evident by the toys marketed towards girls: baby dolls that poop and pee with their carriages, little tiny kitchens, even vacuum and broom sets. JESUS!
Needless to say my pregnancy was unplanned and unwanted. I was 21, unmarried, and still in college with hopes of attending medical school. I dreaded being pregnant and the permanent scars it would leave on my already flawed body. I thought that once I had the baby I would love being a mother and a wife. The truth is I hate it. I couldn't love my child anymore, his smile touches a part of my heart that no one else can, but I don't like being his mother.

Now I'm filled with regrets, mourn the loss of the life and the person that I was (which I really liked) and feel all alone in life. I hate being a mother. I hate my life. Most of all I hate what I've become. "
As far as little girls being brainwashed into playing with baby dolls? I don't think so. They desire a baby doll. I never pushed baby dolls on my little girl, she wanted one. Like any normal little girl, she also has mentioned wanting a baby brother or sister, and yet we never taught her that either.
Granted her dolls would die if it was left up to her. Lol
Babies are alot of work.
I don't doubt, not one word of that ladies story, but again what life does she so greatly miss??
We all want to go back to the carefree days, but they are gone!
Her friends would've moved on baby or no baby.
Now please tell me this, since you would be the first to say how a girl should not be punished her whole life for getting pregnant.
Why should this lady be punished her whole life for having a baby and later regreting it.
Even her grades suffered? Yes I agree -my wife is not as "sharp " as she used to be.
She just finish teaching a pharmacy tech class, that should have been pretty easy for her, but s
It was much tougher on her.
Babies take -and a mother gives.
If this woman wants her life back, then she can still have it.
Sign away her rights, leave her man, and go back to how it was.
She would find it is just a dream.
She's upset that she sealed her fate at a young age to be a mother.
These are things "had she known " she would've never gotten pregnant.
No matter what she can't go back.
One day, when all the do my own thing, coffee shops and malls by day, and party like a rockstar by night, wears old. She will be glad she has a child.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#279317 Jan 23, 2013
FlexinTexan wrote:
VoteVetsOrg, There were way more pressing things going on during his term in office. I'm a Pro-Lifer for sure, but that doesn't mean I have any right to decide what an expecting mother is to do with her, or her unborn child. I do think it is a shame! That woman who willfully procreate, then decide they do not want the child anymore, so they just end his/her life is a shame.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" -John Locke
Yeah women willfully procreate all by themselves.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279318 Jan 23, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. So what ? I was just asking what your personal view was.
Why are you so afraid of that ?
<quoted text>
The answers to other questions you've given have been all over the place. I don't think you know what you believe.
<quoted text>
My position doesn't matter either but I'm not afraid to say what it is. Why are you ?
What do you think "I believe it's a baby at viability" means, Doc? In the abortion debate, it means squat. Not my pregnancy, not my business. In my personal life, it was where I gauged my high-risk pregnancies.

I've spelled this out before, possibly before your time, but my writing has rarely reflected otherwise.

Seriously, these long-drawn out "implications" of yours are uninteresting.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#279319 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
i didnt read the story itself....he let him FIRE it?.......it was a 3 y/o, i thought he just let him handle it
yea, i'd say we shouldnt allow real little kids handling weapons like that
?
I think the boy was either 8 or 6. I can't recall, but the father let the boy shoot the gun and when he pulled the trigger he lost control, the gun went up and blew his head off.

If we don't let kids drive, drink, smoke until a certain age then we shouldn't let little kids handle/shoot guns.

I would go with that rather than a full out ban.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#279320 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
lady, SHUT UP! you're just rambling nonsense & what YOU would call another LIE .......... ive NEVER said all abortion should be outlawed, you should know by now that ive always said im not sure where i stand on the laws themselves, but that i simply DISAGREE with abortion b/c its the killing of a life
keep quiet you.........
So you "disagree" with abortion, then what would you like to see done about it?

Location hidden

#279321 Jan 23, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fabulous.
<quoted text>
And yours is to get me a nurse story. Stat.
I'm sorry, but because of the fixation you've developed on me, for your best care, another nurse has been assigned to you. Her name is Nurse Ratchett. You'll like her. Your and she are about the same age. Isn't that nice? Good luck with everything, dear :-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#279322 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/01/22/la-church-files-rog er-mahony_n_2527334.html
LA Church Files Show How Cardinal Roger Mahony Shielded Pedophile Priest, Failed Child Victims
It just never ends with the Roman Corrupt Church.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#279323 Jan 23, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
That boy is not bright. I think we can forget about properly educated. There were guns when man invented the jesus story? LOL, yeah, sure.
I absolutely couldn't believe he made that claim. That was idiotic even for a fundie.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#279324 Jan 23, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure, kunter, whatever you say. Did you get on your knees for your priest? I'm sure he wished you were MUCH younger. Pervs of a feather and all.
LMAO!

If there really was a Hell it would just be full of faux-Christians anyway so the Knut better get ready to service her master Lucifer...for eternity...bwahahahahaha! I hope Lucifer likes hags.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279325 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>In some states there are no restrictions, so a woman can get an LTA if she wants one.
Then I guess we are talking about the states which restrict a woman's right to choose after a certain point. Why do you think that those states decided to take away your rights?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,395,141
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Earthling-1 60,094
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,727
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages