Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311493 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#279107 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes 40 years and the greatest poles you have only shows how divided this country is on the matter.
5 states are rushing to see which one can claim to be tbe first state who can claim abortion free!
A few only have 1 abortion doctor for the entire state!
More illegal abortions are taking place now, then before it was legal. Says some reliable sources from the Mike Huckabee show.
Believe it or not, not all people really dig killing the smallest humans on earth.-
But hey enjoy your anniversary.:)
You are confusing the needs of the future with the constraints of the past. That is perfectly fine with me. I am perfectly aware of the measures that people you support have taken to rob people of their freedom. The only thing sadder than wanting to harm your fellow citizens in this way, is that you think it is actually possible at this point. I will enjoy that until you stop being funny. I am guessing that will be forever.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#279108 Jan 22, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> He is obviously sharing his good news for a reason. People who find God in their lives, have a need to share the joys of it. They WANT people to find forgiveness and healing.
Why is it that you proaborts hate helping people? Wanting to show a path of sanity?
I suppose you like to wallow in negativity.
It's one thing to share your story gently and then listen humbly. It's another to brag about how horrible you were once and then brag how not horrible you are now...over and over again. He reminds me of a teenager who insists that you must enjoy his techno music, after you've listened and said, no. He's driving people away from your faith, not attracting them to it.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#279109 Jan 22, 2013
To all you PCers in here, the United States government/Supreme Court has ruled that abortion is legal and it is not murder, but what does your heart tell you?

Location hidden

#279110 Jan 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<<Knock Knock>>
Ma'am, I'm from the Watchpyramid. Did you know Osirirs has a wonderful plan for your life? I have some papyrus scrolls I'd like to leave for you....
<quoted text>
If I had a door, I'd slam it in your face, but flicking my entry curtain dismissively will have to do.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279111 Jan 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So the purpose of something is irrelevant? Then why are any drugs illegal?
The way to cut way down on gun violence?
The 2nd amendment speaks only to gun ownership--not manufacture. Tax gun makers like other producers of hazardous products, making them more difficult to obtain, and raise tariffs on foreign brands.
Parents whose children can access their guns and harm themselves or other will also serve harsh sentences.
Make any crime involving guns--even if it is just the threat of having a gun--a capital crime. Make the very use of a gun in an illegal act abhorrent.
I'm sure we can find other means to make guns unpopular.
<quoted text>
okay, that's all well meaning.......who knows.....fact is we're not gonna end gun violence or ANY violence for that matter.........just b/c a school gets shot up once in a while doesnt mean we need to alter our whole way of lives.....in fact libs were saying the same shortly after 9/11, that we dont want to lose freedom in exchange for safety

"we can find other means to make guns unpopular." - why? how about making gun VIOLENCE unpopular.......roundhouse kicking someone in the face out of anger isnt COOL, but does that mean we try to make KARATE taboo? of course not! it isnt the SKILL or the TOOLS, its the ACT, the behavior

make THUGISHNESS unpopular.......and mass murder already ISNT considered cool
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#279112 Jan 22, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, the stupid one here is you, who made such an pathetic inference from a broad statement of agreement.
Chicky WANTS gunns banned, literally, im not making that up.......why would you guys AGREE with her on much of anything involving guns?

Location hidden

#279113 Jan 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And people want MORE guns on campus...
<quoted text>
Right. And all the wacky professors should protect the students. Gooood idea.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279114 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
To all you PCers in here, the United States government/Supreme Court has ruled that abortion is legal and it is not murder, but what does your heart tell you?
The definition of murder declares that abortion is not murder, not the SCOTUS. THEY determined that laws against abortion were unconstitutional. If you're going to whine, at least be accurate.

Both my heart, AND my mind, know that abortion is not murder.
Gtown71

United States

#279115 Jan 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's more like, we really just don't care.
Many don't like to read what you and others write, but I will leave it up to them.

You and foo can speak for all if you wish, but I feel doc -sassy -tom -and many others who don't share you views are able to speak for themselves.

Your opinion should be heard.
Humans can be swayed.
God however will not be very interested in all the reasons you call creation a choice though.

Location hidden

#279116 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that not what you do?
Now, you're unhappy because I asked you to keep opining? WTH... You are one whiny male. Jeez...

Location hidden

#279117 Jan 22, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>We have the last laugh, you poor soul. WE WIN. YOU will spend eternity in despair, WE WON"T.
What would Jesus do?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279118 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is atleast smart enough to answer for himself, which you don't seem to think he can.
Oh I know he can. But you may have missed that this is a PUBLIC messageboard, and we're all free to respond as we see fit. You SHOULD know this, since you seem to think its your own personal pulpit.
I geuss you truly think you speak for all though.
No dear, that would be you.
Plus He may be a different religion, as you are.
Learn to read you moron. I told you he's Jewish.
I'm not sure what you call yours,
I call it Judaism which you've been told many times now. Does your version of "faith" give you Alzheimer's Disease?
nor why you need religion
Why does anyone need religion? My reasons are mine alone, PRIVATE, just like my medical decisions. Unlike you, I dont feel a need to sermonise to strangers incessently about my faith.
-you are your own god.

There you go OUTRIGHT LYING again. Bearing false witness.

You should be ashamed - IF you're a real christian that is.
You do and say as you please which is no different then any without any guidance at all from any good God.
I certainly do NOT "do as I please", but I DO say "as I please", especially to the likes of YOU. One who thinks he's so much above everyone else.

Hike up that testicle there Sparky, and deal with the FACT that G-d gave us a voice, and our Constitution gives us the power to use that voice AS WE PLEASE. And it pleases me VERY MUCH to spotlight the hypocricy of phony but mouthy faux christians like you.
You call good evil and evil good.
THere you go lying again. I've never called evil, good OR good, evil.
It is clear for me to see who your god is, becouse he used to be mine.
Really? You used to be Jewish? Good riddance. We dont need extremists in Judaism.

Location hidden

#279119 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes 40 years and the greatest poles you have only shows how divided this country is on the matter.
5 states are rushing to see which one can claim to be tbe first state who can claim abortion free!
A few only have 1 abortion doctor for the entire state!
More illegal abortions are taking place now, then before it was legal. Says some reliable sources from the Mike Huckabee show.
Believe it or not, not all people really dig killing the smallest humans on earth.-
But hey enjoy your anniversary.:)
I don't know any great Poles. I know some really nice Polish people, though. Does that count?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279120 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many don't like to read what you and others write, but I will leave it up to them.
You and foo can speak for all if you wish, but I feel doc -sassy -tom -and many others who don't share you views are able to speak for themselves.
Your opinion should be heard.
Humans can be swayed.
God however will not be very interested in all the reasons you call creation a choice though.
You weren't refering to those other posters, were you? Neither was I.

You're confused. I have not said you shouldn't be allowed to post. I was merely correcting your assumption about us.

I call what a what? What are you babbling about?

Location hidden

#279121 Jan 22, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text> Herod perceiving that he was deluded by the wise men, was exceeding angry; and sending killed all the men children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the borders thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremias the prophet, saying: A voice in Rama was heard, lamentation and great mourning; Rachel bewailing her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
Prove that that story is not fiction. I'll wait.

Location hidden

#279122 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can be good enough to be a doctor? Lawyer?
Wow -so many have been lied to, and told they must go to school.
Since you say all I said was complete ..........
Have you ever slowed your mind down for a secound, to think about what you write?
Or is it set on auto pilot?
Evil auto?
You must be stuck on evil moron. LOL

Funny how you dont like being told YOU are full of shit, and your version of "faith" is worse. But you feel NO qualms about lying about others and demeaning THEIR faiths.

There's nothing worse than a pious hypocrite.

Location hidden

#279123 Jan 22, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
First, Herod had died in a most dramatic fashion. Josephus states that a loathsome disease descended upon the ruler as a judgment from God on account of his sins. He describes the horrible details ¬óburning fever, ulcerated entrails, foul discharges, convulsions, stench, etc.(Antiquities 17.6.5).
There's a fine restaurant in my town called Antiquities. Thank goodness, it's much nicer than your Antiquities. You can enjoy yours where you are. Blecch!

Location hidden

#279124 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
My heart tells me, "Thum thump, thum thump, thum thump..."
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279125 Jan 22, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>im not gonna let this go, YOU SAID IT: "It's a potential person until a successful birth is complete."
So explain, if it's 3/4ths birthed, the head is out & all, its still NOT yet a person???
explain
Have you described a successful birth?

My only concern is that laws are based on objective facts, not subjective opinions. You continue to miss the point and focus on something else.

Location hidden

#279126 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I to expect anything less from someone who doesn't value life?
Why are you lying CONSTANTLY about people you dont know?

Does your version of jesus say its okay to bear false witness?
but the Only True God does.
And I'm guessing that your "only true g-d" is your jebus?@@

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,404,735
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 2 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,835
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 4 hr Chaimpie 93
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr mdbuilder 60,660
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages