Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
261,801 - 261,820 of 305,176 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

At least the "god" that posts here has a sense of humor.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenose equates God to an abortionist, An abortionist kills the unborn therefore, according to Kenose, God must be killing the unborn as well.
Think about it Sue, he is. With every miscarraige - which are also known as abortions - he's killing the unborn.

Some believe He has a reason for that. By the same vein, some believe that He has a reason for allowing women TO abort as well.

If you (not you, the "royal" you LOL) think that a ZEF is ensouled at conception, and that G-d is all knowing, then He KNOWS which ZEFS will be aborted already - just as He knows which women will miscarry, and has a reason for that as well.

I'm sorry BTW to see you think our President is a joke. I'm watching the inauguration, and feeling a great deal of pride in our country. We may have a ways to go, but we're STILL the best nation in the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been on here to read those posts. So what are you doing to protect the right to bear arms?
Not to be flip, but what NEEDS to be done? Nobody's trying to take away anyone's right to bear arms. LIMITING or REGISTERING the right is no different than many of our other rights.

We are required to register our cars and take a test to prove we are capable of operating it safely. We give more restrictive licenses to those who need glasses, have diseases, or to young and inexperienced drivers.

We must take a written exam to ascertain our knowledge of the laws governing the operation of that potentially lethal weapon.

In addition, we generally are required allow the state to take our photograph to ensure our identities and pass an eye exam to further assure our competence. We must carry this license with us at all times when driving and must present our registration and license when requested to do so by police.

Hell, we have safety regulations on TOY guns, but not REAL ones?

Why are these same regulations be too restrictive for the ownership of an assault weapon?

I'm a gun owner, I have been since I was in the army. Nobody is trying to take my guns away, but by NY's new laws, I have to turn in many of my magazines. Y'know, I dont have a real big problem with that. I realise that there are Olympic shooters for example, or other tournaments that people do NEED bigger magazines, and that COULD EASILY be regulated for those that actually have a NEED for them.

So many dont want to regulate ANYTHING when it comes to guns, and then we bitch and whine and blame everything BUT the laws when these tragedies happen. And dont even get me started on the state of our mental health care "system" @@.

Personally I think that like with abortion, its not a black and white issue, and a middle ground COULD be found.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> I had to go back to this post of yours.
You better run for the hills when honeyFOOfoo sees this post of yours insinuating that Priest who molest little boys are homosexuals.
She denies this.
LOL
Pssst...I agree with you though FTR.
You agree with what? I don't think priests who molest little boys are homosexuals. I think priest who molest little boys are child molesters. FTR, some priests, cardinals do believe they are homosexuals, some believe they are pedophiles. You agree they are homosexuals and not pedo? Interesting.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Not my favorite pastimes.
I just wonder why those who own guns,belong to the NRA or consume alcohol don't speak up against those who claim GUNS KILL PEOPLE or ALCOHOL KILLS PEOPLE(during drunk driving accidents).
There are those who are trying to take our rights away.
I guess ONLY if it is abortion,then people are interested to debate or fight. Even call people CONTROL FREAKS who want to take their rights away.
"There are those who are trying to take our rights away."

Bwahahahahahaha! Oh funny coming from and anti-choicer!

I told you already that I'm not fighting to ban anything. Guns, cigarettes, abortion, etc. YOU are the control freak. You want to pick and choose what rights people can have based on what your own criteria.

So what will YOU do to help curb all these shooting deaths?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

more hiding of pedophiles by the rcc,i wonder where the most are? the rcc or the rnc?
http://open.salon.com/blog/lost_in_berlin/201...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.
There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.
What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.
Agreed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Not the point. My point is that the ones who call themselves PRO-CHOICE are not really pro-choice. They are ANTI-CHOICE/prolife after a certain point. They agree with restrictions. They want to FORCE a woman to gestate(as they say to us prolifers). It's is the truth,they do. Which is a Total contradiction.
Of course the prolifers/anti-choice to kill people will take what they can to save a life. If it is protection AFTER viability,then for now,that's a good thing.
Well how can you call yourself pro-life and support the decision to abort for life and health of the mother and be on the fence when it comes to rape and incest? We are all going to have different views Sassy what is so terrible about being different?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> """The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased""" "
False.
Interesting that you compare abortion to guns and alcohol restrictions.
Chicky said "there is nothing wrong with abortion" so why are people interested in/agree with restrictions?
That makes them anti-choice to RESTRICT her rights. To FORCE her to gestate against her will. To penalize her for finding out that she was pregnant after the restrictions.
Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want her to give life and to prevent her from chosing death for her child.
"Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want...to prevent her from chosing..."

More accurate.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

God wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you it wasn't me. I don't influence nature or free will. You like to ignore and wallow in your own ignorance don't you? That's no way to use the brain I gave you.
I wonder why the fundies aren't screaming "blashemy" over this...?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You just made the pro-choice argument.
"When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body"
She was NOT A SEPARATE ENTITY!
You have no idea about what this is all about.
No grumps, I'm afraid you have no idea.

My daughter WAS part of my wifes body.
She's five years old now and she is still part of my wife 'her mothers " body.

She will forevermore be part of my wifes body.

You're the one that doesn't understand.

This is a precious life.

You are a precious life!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what she does best, right after lying. ;)
That's very true :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're either not omnipotent, because you can't control nature and free will, or are not wholly good because you won't.
Which is it, g-d? LMAO!!
So God gives man (people) free will, and your upset becouse He don't control you?

Or is it, that you enjoy having free will, but you want God yo control others?

You do understand what free will means right?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just like they did with smoking and cigarettes. You ban them any where they will come in to contact with other people that do not want to be killed by them. AND you ban the most dangerous ones no one needs. There is no right, in the constitution, as verified by the Supreme court, GWB's SCOTUS, to a free for all of gun ownership.
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
Syllabus
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited.It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to castdoubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms byfelons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical traditionof prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.
SCALIA, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which ROBERTS,
C. J., and KENNEDY, THOMAS, and ALITO, JJ., joined. STEVENS, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which SOUTER, GINSBURG, and BREYER, JJ., joined. BREYER, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which STEVENS, SOUTER, and GINSBURG, JJ., joined.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07...
There is ZERO protection for semi-automatic weapons or high capacity clips under the Constitution of the US.
True, the right to have guns does not mean the right to mass murder people with them or shoot them in public places around other people, or usurp other people's safety. It seems like whenever there's one of these mass shootings the NRA comes out to reiterate their rights, but what about the murder victims?

I remember there was that sniper in the NJ/Maryland area that people had to deal with, and the sniper on I95 on the Connecticut coast. There were some people in Connecticut having issues with a nearby gun range. They were digging bullets out of the sides of their houses and the gun people using the shooting range kept insisting it was from them.

Same with smoking. People have every right to smoke, but they don't have the right to force everyone else around to breathe it. People have the right to drink but that doesn't mean they have the right to get behind the wheel, or make a public nuisance of themselves.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1 in 4 pregnant women miscarry, you should be unhappy with your super special God for ending a life.
Should we be happy that everyone dies?

Plus is this the same God you blame, that you don't believe in?

I don't believe in 7 legged pigs, but I never blame them for anything either.

I also don't have a feces for 7 legged pigs name either.

Plus the real God does have a sense of humor. He laughs when He sees little man (people) shake their tiny fist at the amazing universe, let alone Him who made the universe.:)
God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're either not omnipotent, because you can't control nature and free will, or are not wholly good because you won't.
Which is it, g-d? LMAO!!
Did you forget how to spell my title?

Not being able to and being able to and opting to let you dictate how you use your own free will are two very different things. Concepts like "wholly good" are significant only to mortals such as yourself. Your mistake is in thinking they have any application to me. They do not.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What?
It was a straightforward question. What kind of gun would Jesus prefer? Would Jesus prefer to use a handgun an assault rifle...what?

Let's say Jesus was visiting your house and you invited him out to gun down some of his creatures, like deer or something, what kind of weapon would you offer him to use?
God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Right because you are not real. You are a troll, a fairy tale. Some pregnancies are just not meant to be. SO they end. Either through spontaneous or medical abortion. Both are the same.
I'm not real? I beg to differ. This post is not being written by itself.
You see, I could have controlled your free will by not allowing you to say something so stupid. I didn't.
That's how it works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

God wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget how to spell my title?
Not being able to and being able to and opting to let you dictate how you use your own free will are two very different things. Concepts like "wholly good" are significant only to mortals such as yourself. Your mistake is in thinking they have any application to me. They do not.
Gee, where's the "outrage" from Knutbar or the Skank about this phony pretending to be g-d?

Oh well. Their phony christians, so they wouldn't have a problem with phony g-d's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min XYZ 1,083,049
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) 2 hr Cassie 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Subliminal 45,866
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr HughBe 68,430
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Badabing Badabang 18,588
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) 14 hr Ron Wells 19
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr TRD 68,054
•••
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000