Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311878 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278716 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> I had to go back to this post of yours.
You better run for the hills when honeyFOOfoo sees this post of yours insinuating that Priest who molest little boys are homosexuals.
She denies this.
LOL
Pssst...I agree with you though FTR.
You agree with what? I don't think priests who molest little boys are homosexuals. I think priest who molest little boys are child molesters. FTR, some priests, cardinals do believe they are homosexuals, some believe they are pedophiles. You agree they are homosexuals and not pedo? Interesting.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#278720 Jan 21, 2013

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#278721 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Not my favorite pastimes.
I just wonder why those who own guns,belong to the NRA or consume alcohol don't speak up against those who claim GUNS KILL PEOPLE or ALCOHOL KILLS PEOPLE(during drunk driving accidents).
There are those who are trying to take our rights away.
I guess ONLY if it is abortion,then people are interested to debate or fight. Even call people CONTROL FREAKS who want to take their rights away.
"There are those who are trying to take our rights away."

Bwahahahahahaha! Oh funny coming from and anti-choicer!

I told you already that I'm not fighting to ban anything. Guns, cigarettes, abortion, etc. YOU are the control freak. You want to pick and choose what rights people can have based on what your own criteria.

So what will YOU do to help curb all these shooting deaths?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#278722 Jan 21, 2013
more hiding of pedophiles by the rcc,i wonder where the most are? the rcc or the rnc?
http://open.salon.com/blog/lost_in_berlin/201...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278724 Jan 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.
There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.
What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.
Agreed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278726 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Not the point. My point is that the ones who call themselves PRO-CHOICE are not really pro-choice. They are ANTI-CHOICE/prolife after a certain point. They agree with restrictions. They want to FORCE a woman to gestate(as they say to us prolifers). It's is the truth,they do. Which is a Total contradiction.
Of course the prolifers/anti-choice to kill people will take what they can to save a life. If it is protection AFTER viability,then for now,that's a good thing.
Well how can you call yourself pro-life and support the decision to abort for life and health of the mother and be on the fence when it comes to rape and incest? We are all going to have different views Sassy what is so terrible about being different?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278728 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> """The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased""" "
False.
Interesting that you compare abortion to guns and alcohol restrictions.
Chicky said "there is nothing wrong with abortion" so why are people interested in/agree with restrictions?
That makes them anti-choice to RESTRICT her rights. To FORCE her to gestate against her will. To penalize her for finding out that she was pregnant after the restrictions.
Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want her to give life and to prevent her from chosing death for her child.
"Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want...to prevent her from chosing..."

More accurate.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278729 Jan 21, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you it wasn't me. I don't influence nature or free will. You like to ignore and wallow in your own ignorance don't you? That's no way to use the brain I gave you.
I wonder why the fundies aren't screaming "blashemy" over this...?
Gtown71

United States

#278731 Jan 21, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You just made the pro-choice argument.
"When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body"
She was NOT A SEPARATE ENTITY!
You have no idea about what this is all about.
No grumps, I'm afraid you have no idea.

My daughter WAS part of my wifes body.
She's five years old now and she is still part of my wife 'her mothers " body.

She will forevermore be part of my wifes body.

You're the one that doesn't understand.

This is a precious life.

You are a precious life!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278732 Jan 21, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what she does best, right after lying. ;)
That's very true :)
Gtown71

United States

#278733 Jan 21, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're either not omnipotent, because you can't control nature and free will, or are not wholly good because you won't.
Which is it, g-d? LMAO!!
So God gives man (people) free will, and your upset becouse He don't control you?

Or is it, that you enjoy having free will, but you want God yo control others?

You do understand what free will means right?
Gtown71

United States

#278735 Jan 21, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1 in 4 pregnant women miscarry, you should be unhappy with your super special God for ending a life.
Should we be happy that everyone dies?

Plus is this the same God you blame, that you don't believe in?

I don't believe in 7 legged pigs, but I never blame them for anything either.

I also don't have a feces for 7 legged pigs name either.

Plus the real God does have a sense of humor. He laughs when He sees little man (people) shake their tiny fist at the amazing universe, let alone Him who made the universe.:)
God

United States

#278736 Jan 21, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're either not omnipotent, because you can't control nature and free will, or are not wholly good because you won't.
Which is it, g-d? LMAO!!
Did you forget how to spell my title?

Not being able to and being able to and opting to let you dictate how you use your own free will are two very different things. Concepts like "wholly good" are significant only to mortals such as yourself. Your mistake is in thinking they have any application to me. They do not.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278738 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What?
It was a straightforward question. What kind of gun would Jesus prefer? Would Jesus prefer to use a handgun an assault rifle...what?

Let's say Jesus was visiting your house and you invited him out to gun down some of his creatures, like deer or something, what kind of weapon would you offer him to use?
God

United States

#278740 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Right because you are not real. You are a troll, a fairy tale. Some pregnancies are just not meant to be. SO they end. Either through spontaneous or medical abortion. Both are the same.
I'm not real? I beg to differ. This post is not being written by itself.
You see, I could have controlled your free will by not allowing you to say something so stupid. I didn't.
That's how it works.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#278741 Jan 21, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget how to spell my title?
Not being able to and being able to and opting to let you dictate how you use your own free will are two very different things. Concepts like "wholly good" are significant only to mortals such as yourself. Your mistake is in thinking they have any application to me. They do not.
Gee, where's the "outrage" from Knutbar or the Skank about this phony pretending to be g-d?

Oh well. Their phony christians, so they wouldn't have a problem with phony g-d's.
Gtown71

United States

#278742 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You did not answer my question.
And no the issue is not mental health. CT has one of the BEST mental health programs in the country. I know this because I work in a group home for mentally ill adults. This has nothing to do with mental health except to give people who do not want to address the unregulated GUNS in this country an excuse not to. This man did NOT execute those children with a banana peel. He used a GUN. Several of them. All LEGAL.
What your saying does not sound harsh. It is just wrong. Mental health was a problem with the shooters. The mass massacres is a problem of THE GUNS.
Gun laws aside "although I can prove the legal guns used was stolen, which made them illegal ", but if a man (person) is willing to walk up to a school and kill all in their path, do you truly believe it would stop them becouse there is a NEW law banning guns?

Murder has been against the law for a very long time, yet he ignored that law, so you can ban all the guns you wish, don't expect it will do very much for those intent on using one.

Again -your anger is aimed the wrong direction.
According to you, this guy enjoyed doing what he did, then he escaped all punishment by killing hinself and leaving this world. Which it seems he hated to be in to start with.
God

United States

#278743 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So God gives man (people) free will, and your upset becouse He don't control you?
Or is it, that you enjoy having free will, but you want God yo control others?
You do understand what free will means right?
I don't think he does. But that's OK. Free will also includes the willingness to fully utilize or not fully utilize the intelligence you were born with.
God

United States

#278745 Jan 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why the fundies aren't screaming "blashemy" over this...?
Proof positive that cynics such as yourself will never believe no matter how or in what context I manifest myself . But you're free not to believe. If free will did not exist it stands to reason I would want and would mandate that all of you believe in me, now wouldn't I? Free will is a wonderful concept is it not ?
I think a modicum of thanks would be in order, but then again you are free to remain ungrateful.
Gtown71

United States

#278746 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes that is exactly right.
<quoted text>
Nonsensical gibberish.
<quoted text>
Playing the odds, chances are this shooter was a christian just like you.
There is no god or judgement. There is no lake of fire. Btw, if Adam Lanza got down on his knees and repented of the massacre and was truly sorry just before he shot himself as restitution, per YOUR RELIGION, he is in the mythical heaven just like all the other mythical sinners.
All of that is just ridiculous nonsense.
You seem to not have any idea what a real christian is, perhaps you only know what your taught.

You pass by what I said, as if it wasn't true, but you expect others to believe what you write as true.

There is a God.

A person must be born again, at this point they are a true child of God.
When soneone is a true child of God -they wouldn't do what he did for several reasons.

Many call themselves a christian, but they either are, or not.

If he got down on his knees and begged for forgiveness he would be in heaven???

What if he lived and went to court, and did the same?
Would he be set free and forgiven?

Your like alot of people -you have no idea what real christian means, and instead of wanting to know you plug your ears and stick your tounge out.

When a person says they used to think like you, but now know the truth, you say nonsense?
you really believe in what you believe in don't you?

Did you notice, that so far you have very few that believe your stance on guns? Your friends that is?

Could it be you're wrong about guns?
Could it be you're wrong about abortion?
Could it be you're wrong about God?

I say you're wrong on all counts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,432,658
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min putin4trumpspooty 20,622
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,482
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr TRD 71,055
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages