Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311926 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#278690 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You purposely lie when you leave off the qualifier I used to answer a hypothetical question of when fetus becomes baby. My answer was "technically a fetus until cord is cut." The word "technically" is called a qualifier.
Not that this is my personal opinion, which you should have figured out long ago, and stopped trying to imply as if it were my opinion. If you haven't figured this out yet, you've no one to blame but yourself.
And the word "technically" didn't prevent your stupidity from being WRONG.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278691 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the way you worded it, it wasn't. That was my point.
Bitner, you only proved again that you have no adult reading comprehension skills.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278692 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Epic fail, Bitner. It is YOU who misread her question because you lack reading comprehension skills. So what if she asked if there was a difference between "dying and killing". Had you understood from the beginning that the post from Kenose she was replying to was about a FETUS, you'd have understood she meant difference between a fetus dying naturally as opposed to killing a fetus.
That stupid error was yours and yours alone, Toots.
I did not misread her question. I knew what she MEANT to say. I simply pointed out that what she meant was not really what she asked.

You, once again, have proven me correct.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278693 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Murder is a legal term for killing. If not legal,then it is just plain old killing.
What do you mean that "neither are criminal acts"?
If I kill someone,I am not a criminal?
Question: Caylee Anthony was killed years ago. NOBODY was charged with murder. Therefore,as of now,and perhaps forever,nobody has been CHARGED with her murder. She was killed,buried and life goes on. If nobody ever gets charged with her murder,was a criminal act still committed? Or does one NEED the title "murderer" to validate her killing?
Dead is dead I guess?
Did you see all the posts from them claiming they cried for the children murdered in Newtown? According to them, "dead is dead", so why should they mourn their deaths? They didn't know these children any more than they know someone's fetus. To them, there's only a difference when they say there is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278694 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a brain twisted mess, Bitner.
Nah, Sue's QUESTION was the mess.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278695 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about a FETUS, so trying to make it out as though she was talking about something she wasn't is your stupiity, not hers.
"My fetus is dying naturally."
"I'm killing the fetus with abortion."
Again, you've proven my point, that what she said was different from what she meant to say. Thank you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278696 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner, you only proved again that you have no adult reading comprehension skills.
LOL, nonsense. That's you, Moron.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278697 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a hypothetical question of when fetus magically becomes baby or is this a question regarding my personal opinion of when fetus becomes baby?
If it's regarding my personal opinion, I answered that one already. I said my personal opinion is it's a baby once viable, in the womb, and will probably survive outside the womb, on its own.
<quoted text>
My personal opinion according to me. To whom else would it be according?
<quoted text>
It's technically considered a stillborn if it hasn't taken its first breath. Here, you are also trying to combine two different concepts into one.
You had nothing to prove your claim that "technically" it was still a fetus. All of it came from your deluded thinking.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278698 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You're full of it. Euthanasia doesn't always mean consent from the person who is being Euthanized.
As far as abortion,the woman does NOT get to "decide" if she wants to electively abort after restrictions. The gov't DOES.
Seems like the "nosy parkers" include you Katie because you AGREE with restricting a womans choice. You are anti--choice just like me.
How ignorant ARE you people anyway? Sheesh.
I'm full of it? The individual or his/her surrogate doesn't decide for the individual based on the individual's preferences? Who's deciding; the gov't, the clergy, or you?

That's generally what "restrictions" mean, JM. Why do you keep insisting that agreeing with restrictions is a bad thing? It could open doors toward middle ground solutions.

Are you again going to spring on me that according to Elise's philosophy, she doesn't agree with restrictions? Are you forgetting Elise is responsible for Elise, you are responsible for you, I am responsible for me?

Right now there is nobody legally able to decide for the individual but the individual or the surrogate. I maintain YOU are the one wanting and working to change this by removing or reducing civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278699 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You had nothing to prove your claim that "technically" it was still a fetus. All of it came from your deluded thinking.
The answer was based on a medical technicality, but you can call delusional if you want. It's what you're familiar with after all.

Besides I didn't have to prove anything to anyone. It was an answer to a hypothetical question asked over a year ago or so. And it's been dissected long enough.

If you still don't understand it after all this time, it's doubtful you ever will.

Chick Brilliance Returns

Chicopee, MA

#278700 Jan 21, 2013
It is a beautiful, wondrous day in the United States of America! Freedom for All!
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278701 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Sweetie,nobody cares if she wants one or a hundred children. If she only wants her one,and will kill another if she gets pregnant,then I will CELEBRATE her 20 plus years of being pregnancy free.
Point is,she had NEGATIVE experiences with pregnancy and she only wants one child. She doesn't speak for ALL women. Her spamming is all about PREVENTING PREGNANCY(married,single,teena ger)and reasons WHY women don't want to have children today. She even linked an article about not having kids and the million reasons why it is a good idea. She also EXXAGERATES motherhood.
She has also bashed stay at home mothers. Didn't you just read what I wrote today regarding her degrading posts about those who choose to be a housewife/mother?
Open your eyes.
I don't see it as bashing. I see her countering the premise that motherhood is all sunshine, rainbows, and roses. Maybe you shouldn't take it personally.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278702 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Murder is a legal term for killing. If not legal,then it is just plain old killing.
No, murder is the legal term for the unlawful killing.
sassyliciouus wrote:
What do you mean that "neither are criminal acts"?
Abortion is not a criminal act. It can't be murder. Simple concept Sassy. And no you're not always a criminal if you kill someone.
sassyliciouus wrote:
Question: Caylee Anthony was killed years ago. NOBODY was charged with murder. Therefore,as of now,and perhaps forever,nobody has been CHARGED with her murder. She was killed,buried and life goes on. If nobody ever gets charged with her murder,was a criminal act still committed? Or does one NEED the title "murderer" to validate her killing?
Dead is dead I guess?
Get your legal terms correct before stating your case. Murder is not the legal definition of killing and yes someone was charged with murder in the Caylee Anthony case. Big legal difference in being charged with a crime and it being proven you did it.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278703 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body, and the doctor asked if I wanted to cut the cord.
What if before the cord is cut she changed her mind about motherhood?
Plus the doctor never asked her if she wanted the cord cut.
There may come a day when women can choose the fate of their baby up till the cord is cut, while the baby is still part of the womans body.
You just made the pro-choice argument.
"When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body"
She was NOT A SEPARATE ENTITY!
You have no idea about what this is all about.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278704 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see all the posts from them claiming they cried for the children murdered in Newtown? According to them, "dead is dead", so why should they mourn their deaths? They didn't know these children any more than they know someone's fetus. To them, there's only a difference when they say there is.
I didn't cry. I bet you balled your eyes out for days didn't you?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#278706 Jan 21, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>You are completely wrong and since I am omniscient I knew you would answer this way. Yet I did not control your answer. I created nature and all of you with a free will but I control neither. Do not confuse awareness with control.
Then you're either not omnipotent, because you can't control nature and free will, or are not wholly good because you won't.

Which is it, g-d? LMAO!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#278707 Jan 21, 2013
chickyisnotbrilliant wrote:
<quoted text> Hey chickythefascist, go find a life , ya pig.
Knutter, go find a priest to blow ya pig!
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#278709 Jan 21, 2013
At least the "god" that posts here has a sense of humor.

Location hidden

#278710 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenose equates God to an abortionist, An abortionist kills the unborn therefore, according to Kenose, God must be killing the unborn as well.
Think about it Sue, he is. With every miscarraige - which are also known as abortions - he's killing the unborn.

Some believe He has a reason for that. By the same vein, some believe that He has a reason for allowing women TO abort as well.

If you (not you, the "royal" you LOL) think that a ZEF is ensouled at conception, and that G-d is all knowing, then He KNOWS which ZEFS will be aborted already - just as He knows which women will miscarry, and has a reason for that as well.

I'm sorry BTW to see you think our President is a joke. I'm watching the inauguration, and feeling a great deal of pride in our country. We may have a ways to go, but we're STILL the best nation in the world.

Location hidden

#278712 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been on here to read those posts. So what are you doing to protect the right to bear arms?
Not to be flip, but what NEEDS to be done? Nobody's trying to take away anyone's right to bear arms. LIMITING or REGISTERING the right is no different than many of our other rights.

We are required to register our cars and take a test to prove we are capable of operating it safely. We give more restrictive licenses to those who need glasses, have diseases, or to young and inexperienced drivers.

We must take a written exam to ascertain our knowledge of the laws governing the operation of that potentially lethal weapon.

In addition, we generally are required allow the state to take our photograph to ensure our identities and pass an eye exam to further assure our competence. We must carry this license with us at all times when driving and must present our registration and license when requested to do so by police.

Hell, we have safety regulations on TOY guns, but not REAL ones?

Why are these same regulations be too restrictive for the ownership of an assault weapon?

I'm a gun owner, I have been since I was in the army. Nobody is trying to take my guns away, but by NY's new laws, I have to turn in many of my magazines. Y'know, I dont have a real big problem with that. I realise that there are Olympic shooters for example, or other tournaments that people do NEED bigger magazines, and that COULD EASILY be regulated for those that actually have a NEED for them.

So many dont want to regulate ANYTHING when it comes to guns, and then we bitch and whine and blame everything BUT the laws when these tragedies happen. And dont even get me started on the state of our mental health care "system" @@.

Personally I think that like with abortion, its not a black and white issue, and a middle ground COULD be found.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min VetnorsGate 1,433,988
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 61,525
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,067
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr New york 20,648
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 15 hr Stephanie 66
anybody remember (Aug '12) Fri Hagatha Christie 4
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sep 28 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages