Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278667 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Elise called a delivered,still attached fetus,an infant. Do you agree? Do you think that "technically" it is still a fetus?
Is this a hypothetical question of when fetus magically becomes baby or is this a question regarding my personal opinion of when fetus becomes baby?

If it's regarding my personal opinion, I answered that one already. I said my personal opinion is it's a baby once viable, in the womb, and will probably survive outside the womb, on its own.
What do you mean that "not that this is my personal opinion"? You answered that "technically a fetus until the cord is cut". According to whom?
My personal opinion according to me. To whom else would it be according?
Which is it? a fetus or infant?
If *it* dies before the cord is cut,and STILL attached to moms body via the cord,is it considered a stillborn ?
It's technically considered a stillborn if it hasn't taken its first breath. Here, you are also trying to combine two different concepts into one.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278668 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You say all the above pretending Ocean doesn't have a son whom she loves. You throw criticism at me while you're at it. I'm not the one's who's a mess here, princess.
Honesty is a good thing. You should try it first in your thinking then in your writing. You may even see some improvement. Then the rest of us will, too.
Do you know Ocean IRL? So,you know that she loves her son? So,you know that she doesn't regret having him? Who would really know that?

Doesn't matter anyway. I am not talking about whether or not she does or doesn't. I am not pretending anything. I am going by what SHE posts. She posted that the other poster whinnes and b*tches about having to do housework because that is how she interprets his posts(I didn't see that at all). But,what I have for fact,IS her spamming posts b*tching and complaining ENDLESS(on this forum and other forums as well)about the NEGATIVES of pregnancy and motherhood. She even posted 1,000 reasons(article)about why NOT to have children.

Yeah,Katie.....she doesn't like pregnancy OR motherhood. Stop pretending.

It's like a person who b*tches and moans about marriage. The HATE being married. Does that necessarily mean they "hate" their spouse? No. Maybe yes. Just the same,the negative attention ON marriage is a reflection of that persons experience.

Is there truth IN that spamming? Sure. No different than marriage or ones job. But,there ARE the joys,and positive that go with it...which OUTWEIGH the negative.

FTR,most of oceans spamming is not common or shared by most mothers. So,her worst case scenerio's are meant for her own agenda.

AGAIN...she is HAPPY TO BE PREGNANCY FREE FOR OVER 20 PLUS YEARS. PREGNANCY SUCKS is her every day message.

Speaks volumes.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278669 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Who is legislating these restrictive laws? Anti Choice or Pro Life?
Not the point. My point is that the ones who call themselves PRO-CHOICE are not really pro-choice. They are ANTI-CHOICE/prolife after a certain point. They agree with restrictions. They want to FORCE a woman to gestate(as they say to us prolifers). It's is the truth,they do. Which is a Total contradiction.

Of course the prolifers/anti-choice to kill people will take what they can to save a life. If it is protection AFTER viability,then for now,that's a good thing.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278670 Jan 21, 2013
chickyisnotbrilliant wrote:
<quoted text>The zef is still a human being created in God's Image, still has DNA separate from his or her parents. One day someone will say your seventy, time to die, your life isn't worth anything anymore, your not productive so line up and get your shot .
Why do the majority of you waste time contemplating these far-fetched ideas? If civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy remain the same when I'm 70, I will decide for myself if it's time to die or not based on my quality of life. Nobody else will legally be able to do this for me except my loved one with a durable POA. And they will be acting on my behalf as my surrogate if I am unable to act for myself.

You guys have a knack of complicating and convoluting basic ideas and concepts. All while overlooking the simplicity of it all.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278671 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a hypothetical question of when fetus magically becomes baby or is this a question regarding my personal opinion of when fetus becomes baby?
If it's regarding my personal opinion, I answered that one already. I said my personal opinion is it's a baby once viable, in the womb, and will probably survive outside the womb, on its own.
<quoted text>
My personal opinion according to me. To whom else would it be according?
<quoted text>
It's technically considered a stillborn if it hasn't taken its first breath. Here, you are also trying to combine two different concepts into one.
I see a pattern here with you. You like to play the game of convenient words. If you don't want to answer right out,you use the word *technically*.

According to Elise the nurse,it is not "technically" a fetus. It is an infant.

A stillborn means that is still a fetus. Which,btw,means it is still attached to moms body and if you are a PRO-CHOICER who lives up to her words,then she should still have a right to control the fate of that pregnancy(to kill or let live).

So many inconsistencies,so little time.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278672 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know Ocean IRL? So,you know that she loves her son? So,you know that she doesn't regret having him? Who would really know that?
Doesn't matter anyway. I am not talking about whether or not she does or doesn't. I am not pretending anything. I am going by what SHE posts. She posted that the other poster whinnes and b*tches about having to do housework because that is how she interprets his posts(I didn't see that at all). But,what I have for fact,IS her spamming posts b*tching and complaining ENDLESS(on this forum and other forums as well)about the NEGATIVES of pregnancy and motherhood. She even posted 1,000 reasons(article)about why NOT to have children.
Yeah,Katie.....she doesn't like pregnancy OR motherhood. Stop pretending.
It's like a person who b*tches and moans about marriage. The HATE being married. Does that necessarily mean they "hate" their spouse? No. Maybe yes. Just the same,the negative attention ON marriage is a reflection of that persons experience.
Is there truth IN that spamming? Sure. No different than marriage or ones job. But,there ARE the joys,and positive that go with it...which OUTWEIGH the negative.
FTR,most of oceans spamming is not common or shared by most mothers. So,her worst case scenerio's are meant for her own agenda.
AGAIN...she is HAPPY TO BE PREGNANCY FREE FOR OVER 20 PLUS YEARS. PREGNANCY SUCKS is her every day message.
Speaks volumes.
That's your opinion of Ocean's posts then.

I see something different when I read her posts. I haven't forgotten when she posted about her son or how she was happy she'd had one, but is now done. As is her right. Just as it's yours to have the amount of kids you have.

You made your individual choices, she made hers. Win/win.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278673 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the majority of you waste time contemplating these far-fetched ideas? If civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy remain the same when I'm 70, I will decide for myself if it's time to die or not based on my quality of life. Nobody else will legally be able to do this for me except my loved one with a durable POA. And they will be acting on my behalf as my surrogate if I am unable to act for myself.
You guys have a knack of complicating and convoluting basic ideas and concepts. All while overlooking the simplicity of it all.
You don't think that there are those who believe in and practice Euthanasia?

From what I heard,universal health care give first dibs to the healthy and based on the quality of your life(age,illness if terminal,etc)are second in line.

Look at it this way Katie,abortion is legal,and YOU as a mom and grandmother,ALREADY support killing those based on quality of life(location,maturity,develop ment). With THIS evil mentality,the future looks REALLY grim for the next decided "victims".
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#278674 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Dying naturally is not being "killed". A spontaneous abortion is not the same as an elective abortion.
No one has said they are the same, but you are right except that in a spontaneous abortion, it's your God willing that life to cease....... or does God not have anything to do with death in your fantasy world.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278675 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Catholics avoid referring to priests as homosexuals when they molest little boys? It's all in the context Sassy.
Once AGAIN,we go off topic to avoid what was said by me.

The Priests who molest little boys were/are homosexuals.

You had a point?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278676 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> I see a pattern here with you. You like to play the game of convenient words. If you don't want to answer right out,you use the word *technically*.
According to Elise the nurse,it is not "technically" a fetus. It is an infant.
A stillborn means that is still a fetus. Which,btw,means it is still attached to moms body and if you are a PRO-CHOICER who lives up to her words,then she should still have a right to control the fate of that pregnancy(to kill or let live).
So many inconsistencies,so little time.
Okay, that's Elise's opinion. Mine is different.

Different doesn't equal wrong, JM.

If you insist on dragging this hypothetical back out, here's the full answer. Just remember, it was you in your last post to me that did not include my FULL answer and focused only on cord being attached.

Why bother wasting my time when you put out my answer piece by piece? What a doofus thing to do, JM.

Technically, fetus becomes baby once the cord is cut and baby's taken its first breath. That's the answer to the hypothetical. This is based on the medical technicality that a stillborn is delivered when it's not taken any breath and is considered dead whether it's still attached to the umbilical cord or not.

Remember, you're the one who tried to convolute two different basic concepts. And here, you're doing it again. All while pointing your finger at me and claiming I'm playing word games.

<eye roll>

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#278677 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Are you really this stupid?
You see no difference between you dying, and you killing?
If you die, it's no different than if you kill?
Really?
You can't tell that those two things are NOT the same as a question between dying naturally and BEING killed?
Really, Witless Jr.?
Epic fail, Bitner. It is YOU who misread her question because you lack reading comprehension skills. So what if she asked if there was a difference between "dying and killing". Had you understood from the beginning that the post from Kenose she was replying to was about a FETUS, you'd have understood she meant difference between a fetus dying naturally as opposed to killing a fetus.

That stupid error was yours and yours alone, Toots.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278678 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU seem to think so, as you ASKED about dying vs killing.
You're a brain twisted mess, Bitner.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278679 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion of Ocean's posts then.
I see something different when I read her posts. I haven't forgotten when she posted about her son or how she was happy she'd had one, but is now done. As is her right. Just as it's yours to have the amount of kids you have.
You made your individual choices, she made hers. Win/win.
Sweetie,nobody cares if she wants one or a hundred children. If she only wants her one,and will kill another if she gets pregnant,then I will CELEBRATE her 20 plus years of being pregnancy free.

Point is,she had NEGATIVE experiences with pregnancy and she only wants one child. She doesn't speak for ALL women. Her spamming is all about PREVENTING PREGNANCY(married,single,teena ger)and reasons WHY women don't want to have children today. She even linked an article about not having kids and the million reasons why it is a good idea. She also EXXAGERATES motherhood.

She has also bashed stay at home mothers. Didn't you just read what I wrote today regarding her degrading posts about those who choose to be a housewife/mother?
Open your eyes.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278680 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, that's Elise's opinion. Mine is different.
Different doesn't equal wrong, JM.
If you insist on dragging this hypothetical back out, here's the full answer. Just remember, it was you in your last post to me that did not include my FULL answer and focused only on cord being attached.
Why bother wasting my time when you put out my answer piece by piece? What a doofus thing to do, JM.
Technically, fetus becomes baby once the cord is cut and baby's taken its first breath. That's the answer to the hypothetical. This is based on the medical technicality that a stillborn is delivered when it's not taken any breath and is considered dead whether it's still attached to the umbilical cord or not.
Remember, you're the one who tried to convolute two different basic concepts. And here, you're doing it again. All while pointing your finger at me and claiming I'm playing word games.
<eye roll>
ONE of you is wrong. It can't be an infant AND a fetus Katie.

BOTH my examples for my questions involved the delivery with the cord still attached...no breath taken.

You called it a stillborn.

She said it is an infant which is born.

BTW...my question was not a hypothetical one. In fact,I was discussing what Elise said to someone else as fact.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278681 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You don't think that there are those who believe in and practice Euthanasia?
From what I heard,universal health care give first dibs to the healthy and based on the quality of your life(age,illness if terminal,etc)are second in line.
Look at it this way Katie,abortion is legal,and YOU as a mom and grandmother,ALREADY support killing those based on quality of life(location,maturity,develop ment). With THIS evil mentality,the future looks REALLY grim for the next decided "victims".
I don't look at that way. I look at who gets to decide for the individual. Right now the individual still gets to decide for the individual. Not the gov't. Not the clergy. And not nosy parkers like you.

YOU want it changed. You want anyone but the individual making the decision. THAT opens the door for exactly what you fear; euthanasia.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278682 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see....
"I am dying."
and
"I am killing."
Yes, I'd say there is a difference.
Why don't you just ask the question you really mean.....
"Is there a difference between dying of natural causes and being killed by someone?"
It was about a FETUS, so trying to make it out as though she was talking about something she wasn't is your stupiity, not hers.

"My fetus is dying naturally."

"I'm killing the fetus with abortion."

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278683 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't get it, Bitner. Not likely she ever will.
You and I are on the same page.
You stupid people are always on the same page. So what? You're both on the wrong page.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278684 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Catholics avoid referring to priests as homosexuals when they molest little boys? It's all in the context Sassy.
I had to go back to this post of yours.

You better run for the hills when honeyFOOfoo sees this post of yours insinuating that Priest who molest little boys are homosexuals.

She denies this.

LOL

Pssst...I agree with you though FTR.
God

United States

#278685 Jan 21, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1 in 4 pregnant women miscarry, you should be unhappy with your super special God for ending a life.
I told you it wasn't me. I don't influence nature or free will. You like to ignore and wallow in your own ignorance don't you? That's no way to use the brain I gave you.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278686 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>
SUE asks Bitler: So what are you doing to protect the right to bear arms?
BITLER: Why?
Great question Sue. Seems that Bitler will not even voice her opinions on here regarding her rights to bear arms. She lives on an abortion forum justifying abortion because it is a womans right but she is a coward who won't challenge her other "rights". Nor will she debate the issue with her fellow proaborts who want to take her rights away.
Oh,the irony. These people are such cowards and phonies. They might not be *accepted* if they differ from their fellow proaborts.
When has there ever been any debate here among ant-choicers?
This subject started for most of us on the thread about a "middle" of abortions. We were pro-choicers who debated limits on abortion.
Has any anti-choicer challenged Degall's stated position on abortion to save the life of the mother?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,278,149
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Into The Night 54,596
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Gas Woman 70,161
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr I hate taggers 20,108
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 17 hr carolb38 51
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Mon DCF_cooker 51
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Aug 30 Bob 291
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages