Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278572 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
SUE asks Bitler: So what are you doing to protect the right to bear arms?

BITLER: Why?

Great question Sue. Seems that Bitler will not even voice her opinions on here regarding her rights to bear arms. She lives on an abortion forum justifying abortion because it is a womans right but she is a coward who won't challenge her other "rights". Nor will she debate the issue with her fellow proaborts who want to take her rights away.

Oh,the irony. These people are such cowards and phonies. They might not be *accepted* if they differ from their fellow proaborts.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278574 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
One is a criminal act. Just as Bitner said, nobody denies there's a difference here.
I say there is no difference in the fact of death itself. Dead is dead. Gramma doesn't care if she died of a heart attack or was stabbed through the heart. She's dead.
Killing is a criminal act?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278575 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't I said so at least TWICE already? The question you asked was not the one you SHOULD have asked.
You ASKED if they saw no difference between dying and killing. What you SHOULD have asked was if they saw no difference between dying of natural causes, and being killed by someone.
Do you really not see the difference between those two questions, Witless Jr.
Here, I'll dumb it down for you.
The premise of YOUR question
"I am dying" vs "I am killing". Yes, there IS a difference between those two concepts, and no one here has said otherwise.
What it SHOULD have been...
"I am dying of natural causes" vs "Someone is killing me"
Got it yet?
Now, are you going to pretend, like LynneD is, that the comparison between dying of natural causes vs someone killing you (general) is NOT, ultimately, a comparison between abortion and murder?
She made that pretty clear a few posts later.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278576 Jan 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer can kill as can a variety of other diseases. She died of cancer. Heart disease is killing him.
Killing as in A HUMAN doing the killing(relating it to abortion vs miscarriage).
Gtown71

United States

#278577 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly you may ask. The answer is no, I don't... and we have never met. We don't know each other, do we? The thing is that you have admitted to bullshitting, already. So, now I have no idea when you aren't lying and no reason to believe one post over another. First, you are a misogynistic ass, then you are a sensitive metro-male. Your problem is that you want to screw with people but you also care what people think of you. See, I love to mess with people's heads, too, but I don't give a rat's ass how they feel about me. Oh, and I don't mind if a god exists, at all. I just haven't seen evidence of it. I'm a true agnostic.
Ok I'm not sure what a misogynostic that m word you used. Idk what that is, or I may agree with you. Lol

I've always been a compassionate guy, and the reason many of you you guys think I'm not, becouse many in the past have used the bible to beat women over the head with.

Sorry I was messing with you on the stay at home dad thingy.

Im beginning to realize that I am aliitle rare, compared to most men.

I think the average time dads spend with their kids is horrible.
I even read once, that it was 13 secounds a day.

My name is John, and I don't like any sports at all. Which also makes me odd.

I see ocean seeing me as a guy watching football, screaming at the tv, and screaming for my Woman to bring me and the boys a beer! Lol

Plus what I said about God, was all true.
I was raised in church untill about 9 years old.
Mom and dad divorced.
A year later found dad dead.
my godly mother started going to bars bringing home a differenr guy every night.
Then even she died when I was about 21.

So I was angry and bitter and didn't believe in god, or hated one if tbere was one.

Then at age 29 -I was at a point I was so sick of my life.
God woke me up -proving He was real to me.

He gave me a choice -I chose Him, and now He is my savior and my father, and He will carry me to Heaven whenever I do die.

If I really wanted people to like me -I would just go to an all christian topix and high five each other.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278578 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Honey, NOBODY but NOBODY is forcing you to read his post. Nobody alters their posts to suit what YOU want to hear.
What a control freak.
I have an idea. I'll read what I want and respond how I want. You can do whatever gets you off, crazy woman.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278579 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What did Bitler say?
Just because abortion is legal TODAY,doesn't mean that TOMMOROW it will be. The law doesn't change the fact that a humans life is deliberately killed. The law isn't always a moral or agreeable one.
In other words,laws change. Example: Two years ago,a road by me had no traffic lights. I could come and go as I pleased. Today, I will be disobeying the law if I don't stop at that light. In fact,I could get killed or kill another coming and going as I once pleased. Not only that,I will get pulled over and ticketed if I do.
Prostitution is illegal here. If I CHOOSE to have sex with a man and charge him,I will be arrested. I am not allowed to do with my body (sex for hire)as I please. If I go to another state,I can do as I CHOOSE with my body(sex for hire). What law is correct? What law stands true? Can I or can't I,do what I want with MY body?
Abortion is NOT a criminal act because ZEF does not equal Gramma.

You're try8ing to compare ZEF which is a living entity, but not actually *living* a life. Gramma is living a life with a past and experiences behind her. Her death, if done by stabbing through the heart, would be criminal. The ZEF's death is not.

And you can't make it so by comparing the ZEF to Gramma. No matter how badly you want to do it, there is no comparison.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278580 Jan 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is just no way to ensure that guns won't fall into the hands of lunatics. The Sandy Hook shooter was actually taught how to use a gun by his mother.
Many years ago when I was single I lived in a little apartment in a small city. The guy who lived over me was a gun enthusiast. Often when I was getting my mail I would see him pulling gun magazines from his box. He must've had a subscription to many gun magazines as he often carried around several at a time. In casual conversation he claimed to own several handguns (and who knew what other kinds) and liked traveling to gun shows and going to shooting ranges. Fine, he's allowed his interests, but I lived worrying about him living over my apartment. What if while cleaning a gun it accidentally went off? What if he was unbalanced and got enraged at an annoying neighbor or had a fight with a girlfriend? What if when just handling a gun or showing it to a friend it accidentally went off? Maybe the bullet would come through my ceiling or go through a wall and get one of his other neighbors. The guy could've been the most responsible gun owner around, or careless, or nuts. Who knew? But in reverse what threat did I pose to him? That my cat would be too loud? I rejoiced when the guy moved out.
This is like the smoking issue...how do we balance people's rights to own guns with other people's rights to not be affected by it?
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If you think otherwise,then you must be in favor of banning alcohol too. Do you think that alcohol kills people in drunk driving accidents? No.I am sure that you don't. PEOPLE kill people in drunk driving accidents.

Do you worry when the guy upstairs is drinking? Do you have issues with him going out for dinner and having a few? You should. After all,you could be driving when he is,and he could kill you because he had one too many.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278581 Jan 21, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely wrong and since I am omniscient I knew you would answer this way. Yet I did not control your answer. I created nature and all of you with a free will but I control neither. Do not confuse awareness with control.
But you are no-dimensional. You cannot grasp that you created a human with a conscience.
You moralize to ovecome that conscience and promise eternal pain if we don't live by your morality. Yet you say we have free will.
Admit it. You didn't give us free will. It was the serpent in the Garden of Eden who gave us free will. In response you gave us "original sin".
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278582 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'm not sure what a misogynostic that m word you used. Idk what that is, or I may agree with you. Lol
I've always been a compassionate guy, and the reason many of you you guys think I'm not, becouse many in the past have used the bible to beat women over the head with.
I see ocean seeing me as a guy watching football, screaming at the tv, and screaming for my Woman to bring me and the boys a beer! Lol
Mom and dad divorced.
my godly mother started going to bars bringing home a differenr guy every night.
So I was angry and bitter and didn't believe in god, or hated one if tbere was one.
He gave me a choice -I chose Him, and now He is my savior and my father, and He will carry me to Heaven whenever I do die.
If I really wanted people to like me -I would just go to an all christian topix and high five each other.
""""I think the average time dads spend with their kids is horrible""" "

True. I also think that the average time that working Moms spend with their kids is horrible too.

MANY kids today,especially young ones,have absentee parents.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278583 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between "dying naturally vs being killed" and "dying vs killing"?
Dying naturally is never unlawful and killing isn't always unlawful.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278584 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie has repeatedly said that there is no difference.
And she's ignoring the fact that your question is wrong, but is responding to what it should be. Not my fault, or hers, that you don't get that.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278585 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is NOT a criminal act because ZEF does not equal Gramma.
You're try8ing to compare ZEF which is a living entity, but not actually *living* a life. Gramma is living a life with a past and experiences behind her. Her death, if done by stabbing through the heart, would be criminal. The ZEF's death is not.
And you can't make it so by comparing the ZEF to Gramma. No matter how badly you want to do it, there is no comparison.
Katie,just because you placed NO value on your offsprings/flesh and blood while they were temporarily living in the womb for 9 months,doesn't mean that EVERYONE does.

I valued mine from the day that I knew that they existed. They existed way before I knew. Me knowing the moment of my pregnancy didn't change the fact that they were already alive and growing. They were weeks old already :)

The minute I found out that I was pregnant,I got a big glass of orange juice and stopped drinking coffee. I wanted to protect and nourish my baby in the best way possible. THAT is love.

A woman who is awaiting to adopt her child,will most likely find out about her "child" when that child is weeks,even years old. That child was already of value once she/he was conceived/existed.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278586 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between "dying naturally vs being killed" and "dying vs killing"?
Seriously? Are you really this stupid?

You see no difference between you dying, and you killing?

If you die, it's no different than if you kill?

Really?

You can't tell that those two things are NOT the same as a question between dying naturally and BEING killed?

Really, Witless Jr.?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278587 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and dad divorced.
Oh.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278588 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I have an idea. I'll read what I want and respond how I want. You can do whatever gets you off, crazy woman.
You already do "read what you want and respond how you want",so why can't you give someone else the same consideration?

Calm down. Relax. You're all uptight.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278589 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that dying and killing are the same?
YOU seem to think so, as you ASKED about dying vs killing.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278590 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Dying naturally is never unlawful and killing isn't always unlawful.
So there is a difference between dying and killing.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278591 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And she's ignoring the fact that your question is wrong, but is responding to what it should be. Not my fault, or hers, that you don't get that.
My question was exactly right, that's why you you keep trying to change it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278592 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>
SUE asks Bitler: So what are you doing to protect the right to bear arms?
BITLER: Why?
Great question Sue. Seems that Bitler will not even voice her opinions on here regarding her rights to bear arms. She lives on an abortion forum justifying abortion because it is a womans right but she is a coward who won't challenge her other "rights". Nor will she debate the issue with her fellow proaborts who want to take her rights away.
Oh,the irony. These people are such cowards and phonies. They might not be *accepted* if they differ from their fellow proaborts.
I did voice my opinion, Liar. You skipped a post.

She asked if I support the right to bear arms, and I said yes, that in fact I own guns myself.

What part of that don't you understand?

I have no "fellow proaborts".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min EasyEed 1,250,601
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Agents of Corruption 53,920
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,137
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr the Ace of Spades 20,044
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Mon tom wingo 48
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Mon This Thread Now C... 16,154
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) Jun 28 Enigma 564
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages