Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316348 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277096 Jan 15, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
The God of the old testament is my God and your God, unless you are a faux-jew and really a pagan.
If you think jesus is g-d, then no, your g-d is certainly NOT mine.
That means He does not see your faux- marrigae to another woman is real, even if some libtard faux-rabbi tells you it is.
I dont really give a shit what your jebus says about my marriage. I ONLY care that G-d has blessed my marriage and my life, and that blessing was passed onto us by our Orthodox rabbi.

Tommyboy, you should REALLY look in a mirror when you call someone else a "faux" ANYTHING.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#277097 Jan 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No -you and other controlers like you think they have the only say.
Lets see, if people lived according to me, and those old books, then there would be sex after marriage. No divorce. No kids broken hearts and screwed up minds, becouse they have two daddies and two mommies, no stds. Healthy life for all.
Your way -people think they come from animals, so they live like an animal. Std, and much other horrible funk, eating away at humans. Divorce, is easy to get, and only cost 50 bucks, unless kids, then 200. Wow -what a cheap price to end a family. Babies killed at 3000 A DAY.
People screwing everything and anything, holding their tiny little fist up, and shacking it at God. Lol
Sinfull sinsick world, where many kids are killed before the get here. Yet the ones that do make it, must have 7 or more dads, since the same woman that chooses if the kid dies or live, also chooses every other month a new man to make her happy.
Your world is garbage dump, but to you its home :)
It is clear how you live, I pray it is not how you die.-
"you and other controlers like you think they have the only say.
Lets see, if people lived according to me, and those old books, then there would be sex after marriage. No divorce. No kids broken hearts and screwed up minds, becouse they have two daddies and two mommies, no stds. Healthy life for all."

A healthy life for all? Are you serious? People died by age 30 or 40. Bacterial infections, unintentional poisonings, intentional poisonings, etc.

You need to research and do it without your rose colored glasses.

"The Biblical Hebrews may have inherited a number of their beliefs from ancient Mesopotamian cultures, among them a conviction that disease was divine punishment and therefore a mark of sin. This belief was passed on as a basic concept to Christian medieval Europe. Assyro-Babylonian taboos against close proximity to the sick were also continued by the Hebrews in their isolation of the unclean, who, in addition to the diseased, included the dead, a potential source of soul transference among the Mesopotamian peoples."
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/6309/1/An...
Tondaleyo lives

United States

#277098 Jan 15, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah it is 3% a it has been posted on this board and else where.. Which really means is that you are a lying sack of shyt. No one goes to a clinic to kill a child as well know killing a child is illegal. That is called murder, an illegal act.
However for the small percentage that actually go there for an abortion a medical procedure (a legal right)or the majority that go there to have a medical check up. That is no one business.
You didn't read it, most people use pp only for bortion, its been on the news for quite a while. You are sad, and shouldn't be saying you are Jewish, you can't be practicing your faith when you blaspheme God so much.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#277099 Jan 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have Knutbar. Abortion is less than 3% of what they do.
http://cdn.front.moveon.org/wp-content/upload...
So no. They do NOT do abortions mostly.
You're a moron.
What percentage of Planned Parenthood's time and effort is devoted to world population control?

For example, how much of their budget is dedicated to sending women around the world to 'educate' third-world women on the benefits of contraceptives and womens' reproductive health (aka 'aborting kids you don't want')?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#277100 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
'Abortion is not a crime.'
Yet you PCers probably consider any forced abortion to be a crime.
And if a forced abortion is a crime, what exactly makes it a crime -- is it a crime because the woman wanted the fetus to mature into a baby, or is it a crime that the (wanted) fetus was terminated?
It's a crime because it's an assault on the woman, Moron.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277101 Jan 15, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't read it, most people use pp only for bortion, its been on the news for quite a while. You are sad, and shouldn't be saying you are Jewish, you can't be practicing your faith when you blaspheme God so much.
You are wrong. Abortion is only 3% of the services performed by PP clinics, almost half of which don't even OFFER abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277102 Jan 15, 2013

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#277103 Jan 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think jesus is g-d, then no, your g-d is certainly NOT mine.
<quoted text>
I dont really give a shit what your jebus says about my marriage. I ONLY care that G-d has blessed my marriage and my life, and that blessing was passed onto us by our Orthodox rabbi.
Tommyboy, you should REALLY look in a mirror when you call someone else a "faux" ANYTHING.
What does you Rabbi say about abortion? Does he/she have any moral objections to it and have you gotten into an agrument with him/her over their moral objections to abortion?

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#277104 Jan 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a crime because it's an assault on the woman, Moron.
So when an abortion doctor goes into a woman's womb to grind up & flush out the (unwanted) fetus, this is not any kind of assault on a woman?

The abortion doctor is destroying part of the woman (since you PCers say that the fetus is part of a woman), so in my opinion, that makes every abortion an assault on a woman's body.

An assault on a woman's body would be an assault on the woman, yes?

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#277105 Jan 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Abortion is only 3% of the services performed by PP clinics, almost half of which don't even OFFER abortion.
So why is PP always so concerned about funding being reduced/cutoff to it if abortions account for only 3% of the services performe?

Location hidden

#277106 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
What does you Rabbi say about abortion? Does he/she have any moral objections to it and have you gotten into an agrument with him/her over their moral objections to abortion?
My families rabbi was one of the authors of the Open Letter regarding abortion, that has appeared in many papers nationwide.

Dear Friends,
Did you know that abortion can be a religious requirement? Not just
permitted, but required!
In some religious traditions, if the fetus endangers the life of the
mother, abortion is not a matter of choice; it is mandatory!
The conflict over abortion is not between "secularists" and "religionists,"
between "moral" people who value life and "immoral" people who do
not, but between different moral traditions, different understandings of
the sacredness of life.
According to some religious traditions, the sacredness of life can be
diminished far more by callousness to those already born than to the unborn,
however precious their promise.
These religious traditions believe that the sacredness of life requires
in some circumstances that the woman's well-being takes precedence over
that of the fetus.
Legislation that denies a woman's choice is objectionable not because
it limits some abstract notion of unrestrained freedom, but because it may
inflict irreparable damage to the human dignity of the woman who is carrying
the fetus.
Judaism affirms that nascent life has great value.
But it is not the only value.
In the face of the kind of desperation that drives women to risk their
lives and mutilate their bodies rather than carry the fetus to term, no one
has the right to say that other conflicting values do not exist.
When faced with such conflicting values, individuals should be able
to turn to their own moral traditions or religious faith for guidance.
Government has no business preempting that very personal process,
leaving women trapped without a choice.
We do not propose that a particular religious view of abortion find
expression in legislation. That would be violating someone else's religious
freedom. And many people's moral choices regarding abortion are deeply
personal, and not determined by any particular religious tradition.
In the face of such great moral and religious diversity, the proper role
of government in a free society is to allow different traditions to advocate
their respective views, and to leave the decision to the woman, answering
to God and to her conscience.

That's his views. Those are MY views. I would have no reason to get into an arugment about him regarding moral objections regarding abortion.

Location hidden

#277107 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage of Planned Parenthood's time and effort is devoted to world population control?
Why dont you research it for yourself. Start here:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/int...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277108 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So when an abortion doctor goes into a woman's womb to grind up & flush out the (unwanted) fetus, this is not any kind of assault on a woman?
The abortion doctor is destroying part of the woman (since you PCers say that the fetus is part of a woman), so in my opinion, that makes every abortion an assault on a woman's body.
No more than it is for a doctor to go in and remove a woman's appendix, Drama Queen.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277110 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So why is PP always so concerned about funding being reduced/cutoff to it if abortions account for only 3% of the services performe?
Because that funding pays for the OTHER 97% of what they do, not abortions. The women, or donations pay for the abortions.

Location hidden

#277111 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
**sighs** Because 97% of their services are NOT abortions you dunce.

Location hidden

#277112 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Its an elective medical procedure.
Fortunately, your opinion doesn't mean anything in reality.
No.

If you REALLY need it explained to you why an abortion FORCED on an unwilling woman is different than one that a woman electively chooses to have, then you're too stupid to be posting here.
Tondaleyo lives

United States

#277113 Jan 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My families rabbi was one of the authors of the Open Letter regarding abortion, that has appeared in many papers nationwide.
Dear Friends,
Did you know that abortion can be a religious requirement? Not just
permitted, but required!
In some religious traditions, if the fetus endangers the life of the
mother, abortion is not a matter of choice; it is mandatory!
The conflict over abortion is not between "secularists" and "religionists,"
between "moral" people who value life and "immoral" people who do
not, but between different moral traditions, different understandings of
the sacredness of life.
According to some religious traditions, the sacredness of life can be
diminished far more by callousness to those already born than to the unborn,
however precious their promise.
These religious traditions believe that the sacredness of life requires
in some circumstances that the woman's well-being takes precedence over
that of the fetus.
Legislation that denies a woman's choice is objectionable not because
it limits some abstract notion of unrestrained freedom, but because it may
inflict irreparable damage to the human dignity of the woman who is carrying
the fetus.
Judaism affirms that nascent life has great value.
But it is not the only value.
In the face of the kind of desperation that drives women to risk their
lives and mutilate their bodies rather than carry the fetus to term, no one
has the right to say that other conflicting values do not exist.
When faced with such conflicting values, individuals should be able
to turn to their own moral traditions or religious faith for guidance.
Government has no business preempting that very personal process,
leaving women trapped without a choice.
We do not propose that a particular religious view of abortion find
expression in legislation. That would be violating someone else's religious
freedom. And many people's moral choices regarding abortion are deeply
personal, and not determined by any particular religious tradition.
In the face of such great moral and religious diversity, the proper role
of government in a free society is to allow different traditions to advocate
their respective views, and to leave the decision to the woman, answering
to God and to her conscience.
That's his views. Those are MY views. I would have no reason to get into an arugment about him regarding moral objections regarding abortion.
Rev2-9 2:9 "I KNOW YOUR WORKS, AND TRIBULATION AND POVERTY,(BUT YOU ARE RICH) AND I KNOW THE BLASPHEMY OF THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE Ysrayl (Israel) AND ARE NOT, BUT ARE THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN

Location hidden

#277114 Jan 15, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>Rev2-9 2:9 "I KNOW YOUR WORKS, AND TRIBULATION AND POVERTY,(BUT YOU ARE RICH) AND I KNOW THE BLASPHEMY OF THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE Ysrayl (Israel) AND ARE NOT, BUT ARE THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN
Fk off Knutter. This is the view of the MAJORITY of my faith and its leaders. Deal with it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#277115 Jan 15, 2013

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#277116 Jan 15, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
This question is for you married Pro-Choice women.
If your husband was to have an affair and get another woman pregnant and you then found out that she has decided to have his child, would you consider her choice wrong/immoral, or would you respect her decision since every woman has the right to make her own choices in life and nobody has the right to try to make her change her mind?
Her choice to have the child immoral? Wrong? Not hardly. Why don't you ask the married pro-life women? Scared of what they will say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min smile n wave 1,582,426
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Sun Warning 44
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Agents of Corruption 63,946
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Sat Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages