Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346286 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#277175 Jan 16, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
'Abortion is not a crime.'
Yet you PCers probably consider any forced abortion to be a crime.
And if a forced abortion is a crime, what exactly makes it a crime -- is it a crime because the woman wanted the fetus to mature into a baby, or is it a crime that the (wanted) fetus was terminated?
Why is a forced vasectomy a crime? Why is a forced tonsillectomy a crime? Why is any forced medical procedure a crime?

Location hidden

#277176 Jan 16, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So when an abortion doctor goes into a woman's womb to grind up & flush out the (unwanted) fetus, this is not any kind of assault on a woman?
The abortion doctor is destroying part of the woman (since you PCers say that the fetus is part of a woman), so in my opinion, that makes every abortion an assault on a woman's body.
An assault on a woman's body would be an assault on the woman, yes?
A woman requests the abortion, signs informed consent, just like any medical procedure protocol. And, for your information, no one ever grinds up a fetus. That's a stupid idea.

Location hidden

#277177 Jan 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that funding pays for the OTHER 97% of what they do, not abortions. The women, or donations pay for the abortions.
That guy asked something really dumb questions.

Location hidden

#277178 Jan 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
The real people who want control are planned parenthood and their defenders. They should rename them plan a death, of an unborn CHILD.
Godless people have always been, and will always be.
I to used to be just like them. I would like to thank my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, for pulling me up out of the miry clay, and setting my feet on solid ground. My family and I are one now. As a unit we live a wonderfull life, in the nasty now and now.
I truly pray God changes the hearts of all who are at odds with Him, and are His enemy. Thoey are alienated and seperated from His Love, they have a ring in their nose, being led by their father the devil.
They are proud, boastfull, lovers of themselves, and every evil thing imaginable.
my God save their souls, before they go out into eternity.
Lol, how histrionic. I'm pro-choice, that's all. No need to get all pissy about it, junior.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#277179 Jan 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That guy asked something really dumb questions.
Yes, he does. He's very much out of touch with reality, IMO.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277180 Jan 16, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a mess. You argue about the obvious we state, and state the obvious we already knew.
APparently not, since you spent most of yesterday claiming it was about the opposite of what I said it was.

You're nuts Lynne.

Location hidden

#277181 Jan 16, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, in all of your posts you've only argued about the obvious we state, and state the obvious we already knew.
YOU were the one who didn't understand what was posted, and claimed we said things we didn't say, or claimed we didn't say things we did say, you moron.
The mind boggling ignorance you post, along with you lack of adult reading for comprehension skills belies the education you claim you have.
Lynne, you're insane. You spent the bulk of the afternoon trying to claim the OPPOSITE of what I just explained. Who the hell do you think you're kidding? Hell, you tried to claim it was about a SEPERATE crime, not a seperate statute.

You're nuttier than a fruitcake.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#277182 Jan 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A woman requests the abortion, signs informed consent, just like any medical procedure protocol. And, for your information, no one ever grinds up a fetus. That's a stupid idea.
If its not grinding, then its slicing & dicing and then sucking the contents out of the womb.

Regardless of how its done, its an act of murder. Its the destruction of a living and developing lifeform.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#277184 Jan 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why is a forced vasectomy a crime? Why is a forced tonsillectomy a crime? Why is any forced medical procedure a crime?
Those medical procedures do not kill the patient, so they are not crimes in my opinion. Abortion is a medical prodecure that destroys a living and developing lifeform and this is what makes in a crime.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#277185 Jan 16, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>No one believes that, and no good Jewish person would tell someone to F off. 2:9 "I KNOW YOUR WORKS, AND TRIBULATION AND POVERTY,(BUT YOU ARE RICH) AND I KNOW THE BLASPHEMY OF THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE Ysrayl (Israel) AND ARE NOT, BUT ARE THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN
You're allegedly a a good Christian person and you post some pretty awful things on here so stop being a whiny hypocrite for once. If you think you're some kind of example of a "good" Christian on here then you're delusional. You degrade your own religion on a daily basis.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#277187 Jan 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct in saying I did not ask "Do you have the same DNA and SS# as Lynne D?"
You're correct in saying I did ask. "Do you deny having the same DNA and SS# as Lynne D?" I'm glad you can admit you misread my question the first time.
And your answer is "No" to my question. Thank you for answering.
Now, we're clear. You state you are the same person who used to post as Lynne D, having the same DNA and SS#.
Was that so hard? Not that we didn't know. Nice to have confirmation, tho.
I said my answer was "NO" to what I thought you had asked, which was "Do you have the same....?"

Ypou asked, ""Do you deny having the same DNA and SS# as Lynne D?"

YES, I DO DENY having the same DNA and SS#.

There you have it. Now go and lie that I didn't answer the stupid question you asked, like the others have lied and said i didn't answer theirs.

My answers don't matter because the childhness from you PCer won't stop and you people will keep accusing me of lying in my answers, and is why I stopped answering.

NOW, do you have it straight, fool?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#277188 Jan 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
APparently not, since you spent most of yesterday claiming it was about the opposite of what I said it was.
You're nuts Lynne.
Foo: "you spent most of yesterday claiming it was about the opposite of what I said it was."

That was you.

LOL, you idiot.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#277189 Jan 16, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>Planned parenthood goes against what God wants for us, pp teaches hedonism, selfishness immorality etc, it is evil, nothing more. Giving teenagers condoms and BC is telling them its okay to abuse your body and have others abuse you, wow, so sad and paganistic.
What YOU think "God wants for us" is just your speculation on the subject and your religions speculation on the subject. There is no proof there is a God, and if, and that's a huge *if*, there is a God then I highly doubt you would be the one he'd choose to speak for him.

There is no God and you trying to run everyone's lives based on what you think is totally irrelevant to anyone but other crazed fundies. Good luck with your endeavor to be the morality police for the world.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277192 Jan 16, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
If its not grinding, then its slicing & dicing and then sucking the contents out of the womb.
Regardless of how its done, its an act of murder. Its the destruction of a living and developing lifeform.
Wrong. Murder is illegal killing. Abortion is legal. You cannot HAVE legal illegal killing. Abortion is not murder.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#277193 Jan 16, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Those medical procedures do not kill the patient, so they are not crimes in my opinion. Abortion is a medical prodecure that destroys a living and developing lifeform and this is what makes in a crime.
Any surgery can lead to complications that cause death to the patient. Abortion does so no more, or less, than any other procedure.

The woman IS the patient, Moron.

Love the dishonest way you qualify the first statement, but not the second.

Abortion is not a crime, even if your opinion is that it should be.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#277194 Jan 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
The real people who want control are planned parenthood and their defenders. They should rename them plan a death, of an unborn CHILD.
Godless people have always been, and will always be.
I to used to be just like them. I would like to thank my Lord and savior Jesus Christ, for pulling me up out of the miry clay, and setting my feet on solid ground. My family and I are one now. As a unit we live a wonderfull life, in the nasty now and now.
I truly pray God changes the hearts of all who are at odds with Him, and are His enemy. They are alienated and seperated from His Love, they have a ring in their nose, being led by their father the devil.
They are proud, boastfull, lovers of themselves, and every evil thing imaginable.
my God save their souls, before they go out into eternity.
"The real people who want control are planned parenthood and their defenders. They should rename them plan a death, of an unborn CHILD."

Wrong. Nobody is forced to go to Planned Parenthood and use their services. Nobody is forced to get an abortion while in there. If you think they are working to convince people to follow their guidance then they are really no different from your religion which works very hard to convince people to adhere to their dogma.

No PC is trying to control anyone, that is the whole idea of allowing people to make their own personal choices. So you are way off on your assessment that PP or choicers are trying to control anyone. That is the domain of your overbearing religion.

You can also shriek about people being "Godless" but to an atheists that is no insult. And to think that people are "evil" or Satanic or do bad things just because they don't follow your dogma or believe as you do is just plain arrogant and ignorant. I go out of my way to be kind and giving to my fellow humans and animals on this planet...and I don't do it because I think there is an offer of some reward for it, like your Heaven. I just do it. Being a Christian doesn't automatically make one a nice or decent person either.

I don't even believe in a Satan, but you do, that is your thing not mine.

Location hidden

#277196 Jan 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he does. He's very much out of touch with reality, IMO.
He's part of a group that are SERIOUSLY out of touch with reality here, ie: Lynnie, NR etc...

Location hidden

#277197 Jan 16, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: "you spent most of yesterday claiming it was about the opposite of what I said it was."
That was you.
LOL, you idiot.
Uh no dear. YOU were the one that claimed, for just ONE example, that the Victims of Violence act "defined" a fetus as a human being. It does NOT. Just one of the MANY ways you were wrong JUST yesterday.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#277198 Jan 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear -you can call me and others anything you wish, but murder of the unborn is Godless, and a horrible thing to do. You can defend it, alone with all other unGodly stuff you wish, but you will be reminded one day, of all of your "rights "
Spare us your religious nonsense and endless judgement & get back to us when you have a leg to stand on.

Location hidden

#277199 Jan 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What YOU think "God wants for us" is just your speculation on the subject and your religions speculation on the subject. There is no proof there is a God, and if, and that's a huge *if*, there is a God then I highly doubt you would be the one he'd choose to speak for him.
There is no God and you trying to run everyone's lives based on what you think is totally irrelevant to anyone but other crazed fundies. Good luck with your endeavor to be the morality police for the world.
In order to be the "morality police", one would have to SET a decent example. Knutter doesn't even know what an example IS. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Joy 1,783,090
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 min True 22,027
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Into The Night 64,846
News Ansonia man wins $360,000 after visit to packag... 20 hr Ava Ava 4
News Schools Prepare for Temperatures in the 90s Monday Wed Gavone 9
News Newington Discusses Curbing Panhandling Jun 18 Bruddah Z 1
News Convicted In Slaying, Man Faces Unrelated Charges (Aug '08) Jun 18 Smh 9

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages