Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310236 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#276833 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh piss off you sanctimonous prick. NOBODY is "prodeath" and to make such a claim is complete nonsense.
I personally am for CHOICE for women, and hold marraige as extremely sacred. I was married before my G-d and my family and friends, and I hold very little as more sacred than that.
So if you got pregnant, with your husbands child, sorry fetus, and you wanted to abort, and he did not, you really think you have sooo much respect for marriage, if you abort anyway?

Sorry "choose to abort " anyway?
Gtown71

United States

#276835 Jan 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bullshyt continues. As once more you post is just that from beginning to end. Bullshyt.
Your heart has been so hardened, and your mind is so far from truth, that you would think anything written that is common sense would be bad to you.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276837 Jan 14, 2013
Right...all those shootings, bombings, etc, have been done by the peoria ladies' garden club. I thought your god didn't like lying?

Forcing abortion is no better or worse than forbidding it.

How many children I got to WHAT? I'm not a catholic priest, idiot.
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text> Gee..who's been blowng up clnics, shooting doctors, and haranguing clinic patients? No one in the pro life movement. LOL, Hitler forced abortions on the Jews, the Polish, the Czechs, Hungarians, Gypsies , Catholics , etc. You messed up in the head. And you are pure evil, another one that must have a black heart. Think about what you believe in, nothing positive, you support evil, violent acts,I wonder how many children you got to.

Indianapolis

#276838 Jan 14, 2013
There's no fu**ing double homicide law; it's a murder charge (if the woman dies) and a fetal homicide charge--two separate charges.
Under the law, a fetus is not a person. I never said a fetus was or was not part of the woman; it's amazingly irrelevant. I have pointed out that if it is part of her, then she can do anything she wants with it. If it is not, then it has no innate right to use her uterus without permission and can be evicted.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is the fetus being killed considered a homicide if the fetus is "apart" of the mother in the first palce? If the fetus is "part" of the mother, a ridiculous unscientific argument you pro-choicers like to make, explain the double homicide part of the act. Webster's Definition of a Homicide- The killing of one PERSON (or people) by another. Why do you think Planned Parenthood was against this act? I know it doesn't outlaw abortion, I'm just saying that it totally goes against the orginal argument that you like to make which is that the fetus is PART of the woman. If it was "part" of a woman's body, it wouldn't be a DOUBLE homicide.

Indianapolis

#276839 Jan 14, 2013
It's YOUR psychotic deity. The bible doesn't say a thing against abortion, btw.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you compare an unborn child, with an extreme jew teen, who will not listen to anything the parents say 6000 years ago?
Plus, the parents were to take the child to the elders of the city. I'm sure the teen has many chances to straighten up.
Today guys like Bam get millions from their own tv show.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#276840 Jan 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's a tough gig...my ex was a CNA on a geriatric psych ward. He learned a lot about patience and compassion as patients drifted in and out of lucidity. And, of course, some died while in the ward.
<quoted text>
It is tough but I love geriatrics. The patients are wonderful and interesting, there is almost every pathology you can think of, so it's always a challenge. I also have charge of a rehab unit, so that's fun, also. As for death, it's part of the gig, true. It's not the hardest part, that's for sure.

Atrisco Village

#276841 Jan 14, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text> Gee..who's been blowng up clnics, shooting doctors, and haranguing clinic patients? No one in the pro life movement. LOL, Hitler forced abortions on the Jews, the Polish, the Czechs, Hungarians, Gypsies , Catholics , etc. You messed up in the head. And you are pure evil, another one that must have a black heart. Think about what you believe in, nothing positive, you support evil, violent acts,I wonder how many children you got to.
Yes, it is people in the prolife movement who blow up clinics, shoot doctors and harass clinic patients and workers.

Atrisco Village

#276842 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see YOU prove YOUR claims, because you're just mouthing off with no actual proof of ANYTHING other than you're a putz.
Apparently, that horrid harridan is the exception to her own rule. What a hypocrite. Yuck...

Atrisco Village

#276843 Jan 14, 2013
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>And you chose evil.
lol. You make your god burn with shame and disgust.

Atrisco Village

#276845 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was with my mom during her dying days, and she wasn't even REMOTELY thinking of the fetus she lost.
And frankly, normal people wouldn't be worried about it. If they're on their deathbeds, they're either scared to death (no pun intended) becuase they've been taught to fear death, or they're at peace with it, and looking forward to who they'll see.
I have had the honor of being a caregiver to a number of people in their last days and hours. The body may struggle, but the person is usually at peace and, very often, happy. There is usually a lot of joking and laughter, in the last hours of lucidity.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#276846 Jan 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLLING, trolliing, TTRRROOLLLL ONNN!!!!!
Oh kathy, I realize that after reading the Time magazine article that reveals that you proabortion pagans are losing the war to kill unborn children at will, you are feeling ill. State after state is passing laws to limit abortions to real life and death situations. The mass killings of millions of unborn children is stopping in Amercia.

Your dream of a secular pagan paradise is slipping away.

So to a deleuded pagan like yourself, that must seem like trolling. It is all you have left, pagan. That and cd.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#276847 Jan 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Such tightasses.
As opposed to you proabortion pagans wearing a welcome sign on your nether regions.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#276848 Jan 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Choice... it's a good thing :-)
abortion...it's a bad thing :-(
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#276849 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh piss off you sanctimonous prick. NOBODY is "prodeath" and to make such a claim is complete nonsense.
I personally am for CHOICE for women, and hold marraige as extremely sacred. I was married before my G-d and my family and friends, and I hold very little as more sacred than that.
You are an old lesbian living with another old lesbian. You may have had a pretend secular pagan wedding ritual. The Judeo-Chrisitan God does not recognize your abomination as a marriage.
Ocean56

AOL

#276850 Jan 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Yes, and I agree, if married couples don't want kids, then they don't have to have kids, and if they are certain they Never want kids, then they can have medical procedures done to make sure they never do, but again to wait and decide if you want kids After the wife is pregnant, is no different then waiting to see if you really want to be married, After you get married. It is just a bad deal all the way around. Even Hilary Clinton said abortion, should be legal, safe, and RARE.
It is still the WOMAN's decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy, whether she is single or married.
Ocean56

AOL

#276851 Jan 15, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way that a woman who kills her own flesh and blood,won't regret it. I think that most will live in denial for a long time though. I think the pain of what they did,will haunt them for the rest of their lives whether or not they admit it or not.
You mean YOU can't accept the fact that some women have had an abortion and don't regret it. Too bad for you then.

http://www.imnotsorry.net
Ocean56

AOL

#276852 Jan 15, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Yours is one opinion. That doesn't give you the right to force women to stay pregnant if they don't want to. "Fight," away, honey.
Yep. Don't forget that this is the "genius" who thinks he should control what his GF or wife wears in public. The way I see it, there is only one accurate description for this guy: STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries.
Ocean56

AOL

#276853 Jan 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Well if the woman don't grant the man she married, His wishes on "their " child, then chances are, there will be one more marriage bite the dust.
IMO any guy who seriously believes he should have total control over his wife is a guy any woman needs to AVOID marrying.

The more a woman knows about a guy and his views about women, marriage, and reproduction BEFORE marrying him, the better.
Ocean56

AOL

#276854 Jan 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
So you compare an unborn child, with an extreme jew teen, who will not listen to anything the parents say 6000 years ago?
Plus, the parents were to take the child to the elders of the city. I'm sure the teen has many chances to straighten up.
WOW. This is a perfect reminder of why insane "biblical law" should never be part of government. Thankfully, in the United States at least, religious law DOESN'T run things. Bummer for you, isn't it.
Ocean56

AOL

#276855 Jan 15, 2013
Helpful Rules For Teens In PREVENTING Pregnancy and STD's:

1. NEVER consent to sex if you know you aren't on birth control and a guy tells you he doesn't have or use condoms (make sure you ask him about condoms BEFORE having sex).

2. ALWAYS use protection, whether it is condoms, the pill, or both, any and EVERY time you decide to have sex. Not using protection even ONE time will result in an unwanted pregnancy sooner or later.

3. ALWAYS be aware that all contraceptive methods can fail and that pregnancy could result.

4. NEVER assume you can't get pregnant because you're on birth control, even the pill.

5. NEVER let yourself be pressured into having sex if you really don't want to do it.

6. NEVER believe a guy who says "trust me, you can't get pregnant." Don't have sex with this guy either.

7. NEVER cave in to pressure to get pregnant and have a child if you have any doubts about or unwillingness to be a mom or a dad.

8. NEVER be afraid to dump a boyfriend or girlfriend if he/she pressures you to do things you don't want to do.

9. NEVER assume that having anal sex cannot cause pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease. It can do both.

10. ALWAYS ask exactly what a guy means when he says "I'm old fashioned." It could mean he believes that girls are ONLY meant to be wives and mothers and nothing else. Don't have sex with this guy, as it could be a trap.

11. ALWAYS keep busy with studies and school or extracurricular activities that you really like and don't want to GIVE UP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,627
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,279,016
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Real Madrid 20,111
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) 11 hr wallE 292
tennis 🎾 for kids Thu Tats 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu Gas Woman 70,161
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Wed carolb38 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages